Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » who is sending it?

Author Topic: who is sending it?
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He is speaking to the enemy of Satan:

1 Peter 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

The xontext tells us that these are not heathen, but believers:

8 ¶ Be sober, vigilant, because your opponent the devil, as a roaring lion, doth walk about, seeking whom he may swallow up,

9 whom resist, stedfast in the faith, having known the same sufferings to your brotherhood in the world to be accomplished.

10 ¶ And the God of all grace, who did call you to His age-during glory in Christ Jesus, having suffered a little, Himself make you perfect, establish, strengthen, settle you;
11 to Him is the glory, and the power—to the ages and the ages! Amen.

But notice what Peter says here:

1 Peter 1:13 Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;

Who can Satan devour? What can Satan devour? Satan can devour serpent food. Satan can devour the flesh and blood and these people are going to see persecution and they are going to need the armor of God to stand in faith through what is coming.

Ephesians 6:11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

Ephesians 6:13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

What is the truth? The word says that no matter what can be done to this body of flesh and bones we are not our bodies, we are begotten of God in the Spirit and there is life everlasting for those who believe. The truth says Christ is the WAY, the TRUTH, THE Light, and OUR LIFE. God's will is accomplished in the destruction of this body of flesh and the sin that resides in it (serpent food) because when this is accomplished, we that have been sealed will be redeemed, we are not of this world and this world nor the god of it can hold us.

Ephesians 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

Ephesians 1:14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

Colossians 1:14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

Romans 8:23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

1 John 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

What I see that Peter is doing, is saying, is ministering is what was needed for the coming persecution, and for those in the body who loved him and loved Paul and loved all that they would see martyre. We cant I think comprehend here in the west what it was like to believe in those days... what it costs to believe today in some places in the world. If I am standing in faith, it is well with me no matter what comes to this body or in this life, I have peace because the God of all peace is my peace and is in me.

Remember this about Peter... Peter knows what it is to fear... Peter denied the Lord 3 times that fateful night.

Peter is also the one who says:

2 Peter 1:10 Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:

Peter is saying have faith, have faith have faith over and over in each of his epistles, he preaches have faith...

These believers are going to see the death of him and the other apostles, the destruction of Jerusalem, the coming of false prophets and christs and all manner of people sent to lead them in the wrong way and Peter says have faith trust God believe the truth:

2 Peter 2:9 The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dear sister helpforhomeschoolers, you write
quote:

BA, my understanding at this point is that at the time of Job, Satan had to go before God and get permission to do what he would do.

okay, I like that.
quote:
I believe that when Christ was manifest and died and arose and ascended, something occurred in regard to Satan.
okay, when I read that this verse came up in me:

Luke 10:18
And He said to them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.

When the bornagain period started, Satan was cast out of heaven:

Revelation 12:12
Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down to you, having great wrath, because he knows that he has but a short time.Short time. From Pentecost to when the Lord Jeshuah sets His feet down on the mount of Olives, that's the short time probably indicated here.

And the devil knows it:

"...having great wrath, because he knows that he has but a short time."

helpforhomeschoolers continued:
quote:
I believe that today, Satan has authority in the world to do what he wills with the children of the world.
Yes.
quote:
Satan is the god of this world, but that we by the blood of Jesus have been removed from under the authority of Satan as we have been translated into another kingdom that is heavenly and not earthly.
Again yes.

epouraniois said it well elsewhere: "Satan is currently setting up his kingdom on earth, knowing and anticipating that when Prince Jeshuah sets His feet on the mount of Olives, it is all over. For the LORD will fight against those nations:

That's why the devil is made as hell. He is going to take everyone down with him who is not hiding under the bloodstained skirt of the Lord Jeshuah.

When Satan saw that he was cast to the earth:

1 Peter 5:8
Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walks about, seeking whom he may devour.

Now, I have a question. Is Peter saying this to Christians, or to heathen? [Big Grin]

If Peter is referring to us Christians, then why do we Christians have to be sober and vigilant when, according to what you said, we are no longer under the authority of Satan?

God bless, [Cross] BORN AGAIN

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
epouraniois
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by helpforhomeschoolers:
BA, my understanding at this point is that at the time of Job, Satan had to go before God and get permission to do what he would do.

I believe that when Christ was manifest and died and arose and ascended, something occured in regard to Satan.

I believe that today, Satan has authority in the world to do what he wills with the children of the world. Satan is the god of this world, but that we by the blood of Jesus have been removed from under the authority of Satan as we have been translated into another kingdom that is heavenly and not earthly.

Which is why it is so important that we do not mind the things of the flesh. The physical body that we inhabit is part of the world's system - The spirit creature that we are when we are begotten of the Spirit is not part of this world's system. When we mind the things of the flesh, we resurect that which is dead and we give power to the enemy that he ought not have over a child who is born of GOD.

Amen
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

I believe that when Christ was manifest and died and arose and ascended, something occured in regard to Satan.

I believe that today, Satan has authority in the world to do what he wills with the children of the world. Satan is the god of this world, but that we by the blood of Jesus have been removed from under the authority of Satan as we have been translated into another kingdom that is heavenly and not earthly.

Which is why it is so important that we do not mind the things of the flesh. The physical body that we inhabit is part of the world's system - The spirit creature that we are when we are begotten of the Spirit is not part of this world's system. When we mind the things of the flesh, we resurect that which is dead and we give power to the enemy that he ought not have over a child who is born of GOD.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
epouraniois
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mat 13:28 He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?
Mat 13:29 But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.

When Israel's earthly kingdom was in view, from Gen.12-Acts, the blessings given to the people were physical in nature, and not spiritual. The blessings represented things to come, but first she had to reTurn to the Lord with all their heart. It is this kingdom which is now in abayance. The church body has been declared dead to this world, and seen as risen with Christ, hid in God where Christ is now hid, the blessings spiritual:

Col 3:1 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
Col 3:2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
Col 3:3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
Col 3:4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

Eph 1:6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

Eph 2:1 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins
Eph 2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
Eph 2:3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.
Eph 2:4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
Eph 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, by (grace ye are saved;)
Eph 2:6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
Eph 2:7 That in the ages to come he might show the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

Eph 4:1 I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,
Eph 4:2 With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;
Eph 4:3 Endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.

Eph 4:7 But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.

Eph 4:21 If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:
Eph 4:22 That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;
Eph 4:23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
Eph 4:24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.
Eph 4:25 Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbor: for we are members one of another.

Eph 4:32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

Eph 5:1 Be ye therefore followers of God as dear children:
Eph 5:2 And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savor.

Eph 5:14 Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light.
Eph 5:15 See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise,
Eph 5:16 Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.
Eph 5:17 Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is.

BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
helpforhomeschoolers wrote:
quote:
When God sent it, it was judgement.

When Satan sent it, it was trial, testing, temptation. ???

but probably from an earthling's standpoint, would it not be diff to discern what is judgement and what is trial, testing, and temptation?

Job's case is interesting: the LORD gives Lucifer-Satan permission to afflict the LORD's servant Job:

1 Chronicles 21:1
And Satan stood up against Israel, and provoked David to number Israel.

Job 1:6
Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them.

Job 1:7
And the LORD said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.

Job 1:8
And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil?

Job 1:9
Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, Doth Job fear God for nought?

Job 1:12
And the LORD said unto Satan, Behold, all that he hath is in thy power; only upon himself put not forth thine hand. So Satan went forth from the presence of the LORD.

who is doing what to whom and by whose authority?

"How beautiful is the body of Christ" (Twila Paris Christian CD). BORN AGAIN thru Jeshuah's [Cross]

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

When God sent it, it was judgement.

When Satan sent it, it was trial, testing, temptation.

???

BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 21 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
how can we tell when the LORD YHWH is sending us something, or whether Lucifer-Satan is sending us something:

2 Kings 24:2
And the LORD sent against him bands of the Chaldees, and bands of the Syrians, and bands of the Moabites, and bands of the children of Ammon, and sent them against Judah to destroy it, according to the word of the LORD, which he spake by his servants the prophets.

1 Chronicles 21:14
So the LORD sent pestilence upon Israel: and there fell of Israel seventy thousand men.

2 Chronicles 32:21
And the LORD sent an angel, which cut off all the mighty men of valour, and the leaders and captains in the camp of the king of Assyria. So he returned with shame of face to his own land. And when he was come into the house of his god, they that came forth of his own bowels slew him there with the sword.

How can we tell whether something come from the LORD YHWH of Israel or from Lucifer-Satan-Devil?

I mean, do not most Christians think the Devil had something to do with BAD things such as the following:

2Chronicles 21
17 And they came up into Judah, and brake into it, and carried away all the substance that was found in the king's house, and his sons also, and his wives; so that there was never a son left him, save Jehoahaz, the youngest of his sons.

18 And after all this the LORD smote him in his bowels with an incurable disease.

Wouldn't most Christians think that the Devil had sent or done that to them instead of the good LORD God of Israel?

Yet, the LORD is a Powerful Person and does a lot of powerful things like that, having full rule over the earth.

And, while He has no pleasure in the death of the wicked, the hand of the LORD God of Israel appears to be against those whose hearts are not perfect towards Him.

how can we tell who is sending what?

God bless, BORN AGAIN [Cross]

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement