Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » "Will you build Me a house?" "I will also build you a house"

Author Topic: "Will you build Me a house?" "I will also build you a house"
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sister Carmela (paid for by the family) wrote:
quote:
I am the Lord's house since He now lives in us. So, daily I work toward cleaning my house and maintenance so that some day my temple can be as beautiful as Saul's temple. Of course, the finishing touches will occur when I go to be with the Lord eternally since I will never be perfect while I'm on earth.
Amen, sister, it must be a good Bible college, Pinehurst. You say some nice Holy Spirit things. [thumbsup2]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BORN AGAIN:
King David said, I will build a house for the LORD God of Israel:

We may build a house to the LORD, but the LORD says He will also build a house for us:

John 14:2
In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

These scriptures speak about the restoration of Israel and the rebuilding of the temple, after which Jesus will reign for 1000 years. It also speaks about the new heaven and the new earth as mentioned in John 14:2, formed after the final day of judgment.
Carmela
Advanced Member
Member # 4817

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Carmela     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am the Lord's house since He now lives in us. So, daily I work toward cleaning my house and maintenance so that some day my temple can be as beautiful as Saul's temple. Of course, the finishing touches will occur when I go to be with the Lord eternally since I will never be perfect while I'm on earth.

--------------------
www.pinecrest.org

Posts: 646 | From: Central New York | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
King David said, I will build a house for the LORD God of Israel:

1 Chronicles 22
7 And David said to Solomon, My son, as for me, it was in my mind to build a house to the name of the LORD my God.

8 But the word of the LORD came to me, saying, You have shed blood abundantly, and have made great wars: you shall not build a house to my name {snip}.

9 Behold, a son shall be born to you {snip}

10 He shall build a house for my name; and he shall be My son, and I will be his father; and I will establish the throne of his kingdom over Israel forever.

11 Now, my son, the LORD be with you and prosper you, and build the house of the LORD your God, as He has said of you.

But the LORD also answered back and said "I also will build him a house":

2 Samuel 7:27
For You, O LORD of hosts, God of Israel, have revealed to your servant {David}, saying, I will build you an house: therefore has your servant {David} found in his heart to pray this prayer to You.

We may build a house to the LORD, but the LORD says He will also build a house for us:

John 14:2
In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Ephesians 2:21
In whom all the building fitly framed together grows into a holy temple in the Lord.

God bless, BORN AGAIN [Cross]

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement