Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » I go through periods of being bored, or excited

Author Topic: I go through periods of being bored, or excited
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Going through the wilderness should have been a 11-day trip, but it lasted 40 yrs. simply because the Israelites whined and complained - constantly, but every time God always came along and said, "Ok I will wipe your nose one more time."

The scriptures say that they came out of the wilderness without one sickness or disease. I know of at least one plague where snakes bit them, and some died, but God rescued the remainder.

I can't say that I get bored with Christianity, because God is very busy keeping me on my toes. The thing I dislike about Christianity the most is waiting and resting. God makes us walk blindly in faith, and sometimes it seems like forever.

During these times I am prone to the wilderness mentality, but mostly I have to wait patiently??for God's timing to orgnize each daily step, without having a clue as to what He is up to.

The Israelites chose to stay in the wilderness with their whining and complaining. Even though God's timing is not my timing, I can be more than a conquerer by not choosing to consider this period as being in the wilderness, but to count my many blessings and live victoriously.

I really don't think that this is boredom with Christianity - just frustration. Maybe we can become bored if we make it too legalistic.

You mention 'excited' as well BA. I get excited when I can really grasp how deeply God loves me and always wants only the very best for me. It makes the journey a lot sweeter.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
siser Carmela, I liked this a lot:
quote:
I started thinking about the 40 years in the wilderness. They had to rely totally on God and go when He went and stop when He stopped. They didn't know where God was leading them because He only told them they were going to the promise land.

Yet, God led them in circles for 40 years.{bold by BA}

Actually, they did not go that much in circles; they camped by Kadesh-Barnea for many years:

Numbers 20:1
Then came the children of Israel, even the whole congregation, into the desert of Zin in the first month: and the people abode in Kadesh; and Miriam died there, and was buried there.
quote:
As I reflected on this, I realized that God didn't just send them in circles, He went with them. God walked in circles....doesn't that seem like a waste of God's time?
Even with God just camping with them at Kadesh would have been a waste of time for God, but yet He camped with them. He had campsite no. 1. By the entrance and exit of the camp.
quote:
Yet He did it any way. He stayed with His people every step of the way. He didn't have to walk in circles with them, but He did.

God wasted His time walking in circles and He probably didn't even consider it a waste of time. Would I do that for others? Would I walk in their wilderness with them and just keep going in circles? I am not so sure I would.

So, in spite of what we are going through and how many times we walk in circles, God is with us.

That's it, I'm going camping at Kadesh, semi-bored or excited, He'll be camping with me. Watching over me. Watching over you. Watching over every thing. Including the campfire. [mad2]

God bless, BORN AGAIN [Cross]
"God is in control"

BORN AGAIN
unregistered

sister Carmela, you write
quote:
I wasn't even sure I was going to continue going to school, and I have only 2 more quarters left
50 cents doesn't go far these days. [BooHoo] [crying]

But we know that God is in control [spiny] why start to worry now [updown] we believe that His children will not be forsaken. [Big Grin] We believe our God is in control. [Bible]

And I am BORN AGAIN in Him, [Cross]

Carmela
Advanced Member
Member # 4817

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Carmela     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's a good question BA.

We all have times like that. Times when we feel like we are in the wilderness.

Sometimes on the board I look real spiritual and of course being in bible school helps me look even better in a way. [angel3]

However, even here we go through those times. My first year in school was filled with excitement to be here and be learning so much but God had to cause me to settle down and allow Him to work. Last year was amazing. God did a lot of deep work in me and I changed so much and I was still excited to be in school. This year is so different and sometimes I feel like I'm doing as well as I did before. Now, God has kind of stepped back, which I'm not use to, and He is causing me to grow without relying so much Him. What I mean is that before I would pray and get immediate answers and stuff, now I have to wait a while and go by faith. This quarter I wasn't even sure I was going to continue going to school, and I have only 2 more quarters left. [Big Grin] I did end up enrolling though after the week of prayer, which is our first week of school.

I believe that God allows us to go through the wilderness times because those are the times when we have to walk to by faith. Those are the times we have to know He is here, even if we don't feel His presence.

I don't remember if I posted this yet or not in other posts, so I will say it anyway. I have been doing research for my report on Canaan and the Feast of Trumpets that I did in school yesterday and I started thinking about the 40 years in the wilderness. They had to rely totally on God and go when He went and stop when He stopped. They didn't know where God was leading them because He only told them they were going to the promise land. Yet, God led them in circles for 40 years. As I reflected on this, I realized that God didn't just send them in circles, He went with them. God walked in circles....doesn't that seem like a waste of God's time? Yet He did it any way. He stayed with His people every step of the way. He didn't have to walk in circles with them, but He did.

To me, this was an amazing revelation, even though it seems so simple. God wasted His time walking in circles and He probably didn't even consider it a waste of time. Would I do that for others? Would I walk in their wilderness with them and just keep going in circles? I am not so sure I would.

So, in spite of what we are going through and how many times we walk in circles, God is with us.

--------------------
www.pinecrest.org

Posts: 646 | From: Central New York | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

I go through periods of being bored with my Christianity, as if it has taken me away from the many other things that used to interest me, but who is with me in this wilderness, but the LORD?

Doesn't that sound just like some Israelites sounded? And God heard their murmurings, and was displeased...

But at other times, I am very excited about my Christianity, passionate even.

I probably have some "dead" spots in me.

Do any of you go through that same type of semi-bored and very excited periods, or is it just me?

Thank God I'm not under the law any more. I'd be dead now.

God bless, BORN AGAIN [Cross]

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement