Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Resurrection Life

Author Topic: Resurrection Life
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As you wish.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prolix
Advanced Member
Member # 5349

Icon 7 posted      Profile for prolix   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The subject of Saul the first king of Israel is not quite related to the subject of Resurrection Life. Saul was a fleshly man, man of the flesh. On the other hand, David was a man of the Spirit. The example of David would have been more appropriate.

If you read David's Psalms you will understand how David moves from Prayer to Praise. There are death experiences [where the soul is being brought to death] and there are wonderful resurrection experiences. The vital principle that effects the transition from death to resurrection is the principle of a positive and active FAITH.

--------------------
http://procyon4x.blogspot.com

Posts: 28 | From: maldives | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

brother Prolix, you say, "resurrection life is the Topic". That is precisely why I posted the post of "are the sheep still bleating"?

My post was intended to show "how" to get "to" that resurrection life, namely by "no longer thinking that any part of us is good enough to help God with His task".

The point of my post was that, only when a Christian reaches the point of utter helplessness and sees that none of his or her talents will ever be "good enough to fix all that is wrong with me before God", only when a Christian realizes fully that s/he will never be good enough, only THEN will this resurrection life IN US be fully depended upon.

And that's why I wrote that post, about "are my sheep still bleating?" If so,then my resurrection life can still not fully flow in me.

God bless, BORN AGAIN [Cross]

prolix
Advanced Member
Member # 5349

Icon 7 posted      Profile for prolix   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Resurrection life is the topic! I dont want to stray into a discussion on Saul [embodiment of the 'flesh'].

We can experience resurrection life day by day. It is a marvellous experience. But I believe that we have to go through the 'inward cross', and then only 2 Cor 4.10 becomes a reality.

Any comments?

--------------------

Posts: 28 | From: maldives | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

"are the sheep still bleating?"

1 Samuel 15
13 And Samuel came to Saul: and Saul said to him, Blessed be you of the LORD: I have performed the commandment of the LORD.

14 And Samuel said, What then means this bleating of the sheep in my ears, and the lowing of the oxen which I hear?

15 And Saul said, They have brought them from the Amalekites: for the people spared the best of the sheep and of the oxen, to sacrifice to the LORD thy God; and the rest we have utterly destroyed.

But the LORD had said:

1 Samuel 15:3
Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and *** .

What happened here? Saul and some of his men still thought that they could "help the LORD God with His business" by bringing "the best of the sheep", to sacrifice "unto the LORD".

The Lord Jesus calls us "sheep" and it is hard for us to believe that "even the best of the sheep" is "as filthy rags to the LORD" and is "only worthy of being utterly slain".

But we say, "Oh, my best parts are not so bad, I can help God with these good and best parts of me, can't I?" (batting eyelids).

A dead man can to nothing. Yet not I, but Christ who lives in me, He can do all things. Hey, where do I sign up?

God bless, BORN AGAIN [Cross]

prolix
Advanced Member
Member # 5349

Reflect on this simple sentence written many decades ago by a man of God from China. 'Having at last reached the point of utter despair in ourselves so that we cease even to try, we put our trust in the Lord to manifest His resurrection life in us.'

In recent times I have been asking God for His grace. 'Lord, I need Your grace. Lord, I need You to deal with this situation. Lord, I am helpless; but 'You are able!' Oh, the Lord is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think! Eph 3.20. He is a God who is faithful to His Word. His promises are sure!

To experience resurrection life, abundant grace and daily 'deliverances' through the mighty hand of the Lord is a wonderful thing. It is the experience of living faith. Keep trusting in Him; He will do it! 1 Thess 5.24 [Smile] [Smile]

Prolix

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement