Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » The Veil Of The Temple

Author Topic: The Veil Of The Temple
Carmela
Advanced Member
Member # 4817

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Carmela     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It won't be good news to many, and I do regret that many walk away.

However, there won't be any doubt remaining. God will be glorified in the end. We can take comfort in knowing that our salvation is secure and that we have done the best we could to help people see the error of their ways. Although sometimes we don't do the best we could. Knowing this is what is giving me a heart to reach the multitude. I didn't use to have this desire but stayed locked up in my shyness.

--------------------
www.pinecrest.org

Posts: 646 | From: Central New York | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sister Carmela writes
quote:
The good news is that some day everyone will know.
Or to put that another way:

"The good news is that some one everyday will know."

But what do you mean, sister, by:

The good news is that some day everyone will know." Will know what, sister? That Jesus is Lord? That may not be good news to many:

Matthew 7:13 {with note added}
Enter in at the tight gate: for wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many there are who go in thereat {into the wide gate with its broad road).

Genesis 41:43 (with note added)
And he made him {Joseph} to ride in the second chariot which he had; and they cried before him, Bow the knee: and he made him ruler over all the land of Egypt.

Isaiah 45:23
I have sworn by Myself, the word is gone out of My mouth in righteousness and shall not return, That to Me every knee shall bow, and every tongue shall swear.

Revelation 11:15
And the 7th angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of His Christ; and He shall reign forever and ever.

Romans 14:11
For it is written, "As I live, says the Lord, every knee shall bow to Me, and every tongue shall confess to God."

bless the LORD God of Israel and His Son Yeshua and the Holy Spirit. BORN AGAIN [Cross]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carmela
Advanced Member
Member # 4817

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Carmela     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is a good point. Although there have always been unbelievers, even in those days. They had the moving tabernacle and glorious tabernacles and they probably didn't even realize how blessed they were to have it. Yet people still didn't believe.

The good news is that some day everyone will know.

I see my husband's unbelief and it causes me to be even more grateful that I have Christ. He has had many seeds planted, but he seems to stifle their growth which saddens me.

--------------------
www.pinecrest.org

Posts: 646 | From: Central New York | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Acts 7:46
Who found favour before God, and desired to find a tabernacle for the God of Jacob.

Acts 15:16
After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up:

2 Corinthians 5:1
For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.

2 Corinthians 5:4
For we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life.

Hebrews 8:2
A minister of the sanctuary, and of the true tabernacle, which the Lord pitched, and not man.

God bless, [Cross] BORN AGAIN

BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Exodus 26:33
And thou shalt hang up the veil under the taches, that thou mayest bring in thither within the vail the ark of the testimony: and the veil shall divide to you between the holy place and the most holy.

2 Corinthians 3:14
But their minds were blinded: for until this day remains the same veil untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which veil is done away in Christ.

2 Corinthians 3:16
Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the veil shall be taken away.

Hebrews 6:19
Which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and stedfast, and which enters into that within the veil;

Hebrews 9:3
And after the second veil, the tabernacle which is called the Holiest of all;

Hebrews 10:20
By a new and living way, which he has consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh.

Matthew 27:51
And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in two from the top to the bottom; and the earth quaked [Eek!] and the rocks rent.

BORN AGAIN
unregistered

sister Carmela writes
quote:
BA I'm not sure I agree that they lost something when they stopped using the tents because now that tent is in our hearts. We don't need the tent since His Word is now written in our hearts and We are His dwelling place now.
dear sister/friend, the tent nay alread be in you and us, but the tent is not yet in the unbelievers. For them, the tent must still be reared up:

John 3:14
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up.

Exodus 40:18
And Moses reared up the tabernacle, and fastened its sockets, and set up the boards thereof, and put in the bars thereof, and reared up its pillars.

Exodus 40:17
And it came to pass in the first month in the second year, on the first day of the month, that the tabernacle was reared up.

1 Chronicles 15:1
And David made him houses in the city of David, and prepared a place for the ark of God, and pitched for it a tent.

1 Chronicles 16:1 {with note}
So they brought the ark of God {that's you now, Carmela}, and set it in the midst of the tent that David had pitched for it: and they offered burnt sacrifices and peace offerings before God.

1 Chronicles 17:5
For I have not dwelt in an house since the day that I brought up Israel unto this day; but have gone from tent to tent, and from one tabernacle to another.

[1zhelp] wanted

Carmela
Advanced Member
Member # 4817

Thanks. This started as my own thoughts, but when I went to do the next lesson a few days later, I realized I was on the right track because it said basically the same thing

--------------------
www.pinecrest.org

HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a great lesson on 'the veil' Carmela! The Bible has never-ending insight and discernment between its pages re endless subjects [thumbsup2]
Carmela
Advanced Member
Member # 4817

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carmela     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Epouraniois I appreciate your reply. Sometimes I don't know what to reply back to you though because with all of the words that you tend to add in the middle of your comments I get confused on what you are saying.

You put a different twist on the verse though which I appreciate because it causes me to see things differently sometimes. I agree with what you said about the remnant. I noticed that throughout the bible, God usually leaves behind a remnant so that there is hope toward rebuilding, whether it be people or a building.

BA and Hisgrace, there is one huge spiritual lesson that I have learned in bible school. It's called "del-e-ga-tion. [Big Grin] If I did use a tent, I would let all the big 'ole strong men set it up. [Wink] Although I see myself mainly visiting from church to church more than having big tent revivals, but who knows what God has planned.

BA I'm not sure I agree that they lost something when they stopped using the tents because now that tent is in our hearts. We don't need the tent since His Word is now written in our hearts and We are His dwelling place now.

When I did the journal, I started to think about the tearing of the veil the most. This was my response.

As God hates the veil that came between us and Him, shouldn't I hate the sin that is in my life that keeps me from Him? Of Course I should!

We get so caught up in ourselves that we seem to lose sight of God and how much He loves us. Now, It's us that places a veil between us and God. God removed he veil, bug we seem to keep trying to replace it. I stopped here but thought some more later on the topic.

It isn't just sin that keeps placing a veil between us and God. What about my selfishness, my pride, my disobedience, a need to make more money or spend all of time helping others instead of seeking God......

I think this list could go on and on if we all added to it.

I don't want to keep placing that veil up. All I have is God, so why do I keep pushing Him away?

--------------------
www.pinecrest.org

Carmela
Advanced Member
Member # 4817

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carmela     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Part II

The tabernacle of Moses and Solomon’s temple featured three distinct enclosed areas: the Outer court, the Holy Place, and the Holy of Holies. A great veil ( a heavy drapery in our modern colloquialism) was stretched across the tabernacle to separate the Holy Place from the mercy seat, and the blue flame of God’s presence were always hidden behind the thick fabric of the veil.

God never did like that veil. He had to have it, but He didn’t like it. When Jesus died on the cross at Calvary, God was the one who ripped the veil from top to bottom in the temple of Herod in Jerusalem. He ripped it in such a way that it could never be rewoven again. He hated that veil like a prisoner hates his cell door! It represented the wall, the dividing line that separated Him from mankind. Until that day on Calvary, God had to hide behind the veil to preserve the life of the fallen humanity that came to worship Him in His holiness.

GOD'S Favorite House Journal By: Tommy Tenney

--------------------
www.pinecrest.org

HisGrace
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Carmela:
It amazes me how God works! David's temple was moveable and the people had to go when God moved and stay when God stopped. They learned to obey God and they were intent to worship and offering sacrifices to Him. David's temple is most important to God because it's dealing with the heart of man. It wasn't about a glorious building, it was about the love and obedience of the people toward God. God loves us so much, that His concern is with the condition of our hearts. He wants us to be one with Him so that He can be one with us.

I think that we too often lose sight of God's love for us. No matter how many time we turn our backs on Him, He is always there waiting for us when we return to Him.

So often we get frustrated with God, because His ways are not our ways, and his timetable doesn't fit into our timetable. He has to be assured that our hearts are totally obedient and humbled, so that we are mature enough in our walk to give all of the credit to him and see that it is nothing in ourselves.
HisGrace
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by BORN AGAIN:
---- so also the Christians lost something when they stopped setting up the gospel tents, showing the LORD God that there was some personal effort and zeal behind all this effort to raise up a tent with faithful men, and take the tent up again and move it to another location and set the tent up again.

That's great! I never thought of that before.

quote:
You said you want to be a missionary. Will you be using a gospel tent, sister Carmela? [hyper]
Now you've done it BA. 'A word' like that could put sister Carmela under conviction, and I can just see her out in some big field in the wind and the rain, with her big hammer, trying to erect one of those big monstrosities.
 -

BORN AGAIN
unregistered

hello, sister Carmela, I often like the things you write. [thumbsup2] You write
quote:
He will "rip veils"
And He also destroys temples. I agree, I think God likes gospel tents. Just like the Hari Krishna lost something when they stopped singing and dancing through the streets of the cities of America, so also the Christians lost something when they stopped setting up the gospel tents, showing the LORD God that there was some personal effort and zeal behind all this effort to raise up a tent with faithful men, and take the tent up again and move it to another location and set the tent up again.

You said you want to be a missionary. Will you be using a gospel tent, sister Carmela? [hyper]

God bless forever (anioinos, meaning for the length of your life), BORN AGAIN [Cross]

epouraniois
unregistered

Literally, “the ruined portions of it.” Perfect passive participle of katastrephō, to turn down. It is a desolate picture of the fallen, torn down tent of David. The tabernacle of David (tēn skēnēn Daueid) is a poetical figure of the throne of David which had become, as obvious by their lack of faith and disbelief, now “the fallen tent” (tēn peptōkuian), perfect active participle of piptō, state of completion.

Where Luke writes, "I will build again" (anoikodomēsō), the LXX has anastēsō, which is a compound (ana, up or again) of oikodomeō, the verb used by Jesus in Mat 16:18 of the general church or kingdom as here which see.

All of the kingdom parables were coming to pass, the preachings were gone forth, the seed was falling not on the good ground, but some took hold for a time in some places, they had killed the son, the word is being sent out again, but they reject it, and it is now, in Acts15, going to go out to those God would use to provoke Israel thereby.

The ruins may also be likened to the remnant, God would build up the remnant believers of Israel nevertheless, remembering the context given, they are having a meeting at the synagague, and the decree is set forth in letter and sent out:

Act 15:17 That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called, saith the Lord, who doeth all these things.
Act 15:18 Known unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world.
Act 15:19 Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not them, which from among the Gentiles are turned to God:
Act 15:20 But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.

Carmela
Advanced Member
Member # 4817

This is a devotional that I just started. I only did a couple of them. Pleas reply to the topic, not the book.

This was my response in my journal.

It amazes me how God works! David's temple was moveable and the people had to go when God moved and stay when God stopped. They learned to obey God and they were intent to worship and offering sacrifices to Him. David's temple is most important to God because it's dealing with the heart of man. It wasn't about a glorious building, it was about the love and obedience of the people toward God. God loves us so much, that His concern is with the condition of our hearts. He wants us to be one with Him so that He can be one with us.

I think that we too often lose sight of God's love for us. No matter how many time we turn our backs on Him, He is always there waiting for us when we return to Him.

I think about how many times I have wondered or doubted if God loves me because I didn't see things happening in my life he way I wanted them to happen. Now, when I hear people talking about doubting God, it breaks my heart because I know how it felt when I was in that place and how it feels now to know of God's unconditional love for me. Now I understand why Jesus said,
Luke 23:34
34 Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. (KJV)

This still applies to us today. We often don't know what we do, what we are saying, or even why we are doubting Him.

We such unbelief. I have such unbelief still. Yet in spite of it all, He loves us.

What is your reply to this?

I will give the next page tomorrow. It's a wonderful follow up.

--------------------
www.pinecrest.org

Carmela
Advanced Member
Member # 4817

Acts 15:16
16 After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up:
(KJV)

I thought to myself, I wonder why God wants to rebuild that "house"?...David's makeshift shelter barely qualifies as a tabernacle when it is compared to the tabernacle of Moses, and certainly when compared to Solomon's temple. It amounted to little more than a tarp stretched over some tent poles to shield the ark from the sun and the elements. yet God said, "I am going to rebuild that one." Evidently, What is impressive to God and what is impressive to men are two different things...For some reason the Christian world has forgotten that God has never been impressed by buildings...Our attachment to steeples and stained glass can get in the way of real woship. If given a choice, God prefers passion over palace!...We want God encounters but God wants man encounters, because encounters with His children affect Him. He will "rip veils" and interrupt time to visit with His kids.

GOD'S Favorite House Journal By: Tommy Tenney

--------------------
www.pinecrest.org

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement