Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Saved by Grace through Faith

Author Topic: Saved by Grace through Faith
trafield
Advanced Member
Member # 5358

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trafield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great questions, Lars! [thumbsup2]

quote:
I am writing this quickly so I hope it makes sense.
Adv. Christian,
It not only makes sense, but was stated with the wisdom of Christ. May God bless you as well,

Tracy

Posts: 225 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adv.Christian
Advanced Member
Member # 3453

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adv.Christian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Cross] Hello Lars 7 interesting thought. As to what it means to me…Praise God we have salvation because and only because of His infinite grace and mercy.
As to the operation in grace through faith; allow me to ask you a question. Have you ever stood with your back to someone, closed your eyes and attempted to fall into their arms trusting them to catch you? Grace through faith to me is much alike in that
For a person to stand they must put forth effort to maintain their balance and keep their legs from buckling. Man in his worldly self attempts to do all things through his own effort and power.
In order for the person to allow themselves to fall back they must make themselves release all control and let gravity pull them down. As a Christian we must make that same type choice, we either attempt to live out our lives our way or we must relinquish control of our lives to Christ and risk falling flat.(Christians know that Christ will not allow them to fall)
The average person will be unable to fall back into the arms of someone standing behind them that they do not completely trust, their mind will automatically cause them to take a step backwards in an attempt to keep their own balance. Only when a person has total trust in their partner will they normally be able to allow themselves to fall fully trusting their partner will catch them.. The same is true with Christians, this is where the through faith comes in. Do we, as Christians, have the faith required to allow us to surrender all control? Can we fall back with out fear of hitting the floor?
Just as if a person would refuse to fall back into their partners arms causing their partner to be unable to catch them and prevent their hitting the floor; if Christians are unwilling to have total faith in Christ they prevent the execution of grace which is offered. I am writing this quickly so I hope it makes sense. As always my love to all and May God Bless. [Cross] [Prayer]

--------------------
A person talking can not be listening; A person not listening can not be learning.

Posts: 299 | From: Raleigh/North Carolina | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lars7
Advanced Member
Member # 4911

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lars7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just curious what this means to others....and how do we operate in it?
Posts: 49 | From: Ma | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement