Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » 1 Corinthians Ch 8

Author Topic: 1 Corinthians Ch 8
epouraniois
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Christ spake to this principle too. Take for example, that I know domething of the Greek language, and in the Greek it is clear that the church body is called to be a full grown man, aner in the Greek, which means husband - the body of Christ.

And even though there are no verses stating the bride is anyone but who it has always been, namely Israel, if I just come up to some preacher telling them they are a false teacher for teaching the gentile church as taken Israel's position and are therefore the bride, I shouldn't expect to be well received even a little bit, therefore it is written:

Mat 5:39
But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

In other words, if I just jerk the rug they stand on from out under their feet, I should expect to get that hand across the face, and because it is my bad, my terrible presentation to them that caused plays such a large role in their reaction to me, I should then turn the other cheek to them as well, showing that I realize I deserved the slap in the face for coming on so strong, leaving them with nothing basically, and we all do have to stand on what we have learned before we could possibly be prepared to accually look at the Scriptures regarding such teachings.

We all carry this large responcibility when dealing with others.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a very important chapter for all Christians to read.

We think we live the way we want and consider what is right for us is ok, but if it is wrong for others that is their problem.

If we have wrong habits, we have no idea how we may be influencing other Christians, or how we are influencing some person who is considering becoming a Christian. This scripture is talking about eating meat sacrificed to idols, but I believe it is just a symbol concerning any practice. A Christian should strive to live above all reproach. The devil will use any tool to make your respect as a Christian collapse.

I Cor. 8:11-13 So because of your superior knowledge, a weak Christian, for whom Christ died, will be destroyed. And you are sinning against Christ when you sin against other Christians by encouraging them to do something they believe is wrong.

If what I eat is going to make another Christian sin, I will never eat meat again as long as I live--for I don't want to make another Christian stumble.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daniel19
Community Member
Member # 5381

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daniel19   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was praying last night, asking for God's wisdom concerning how to spread the word.

I was suddenly directed to 1 Corinthians chapter 8 which i have not studied in detail at all untill now.

What a lesson it holds!

--------------------
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man brave, hated, and scorned. When his cause succeeds, however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Samuel Clemens

Posts: 16 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement