Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » the gospel of the kingdom

Author Topic: the gospel of the kingdom
epouraniois
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
May I suggest checking these threads:

Three Spheres
http://thechristianbbs.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=004178

The doctrinal wall:
http://thechristianbbs.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=004304

The hope of His calling:
http://thechristianbbs.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=004273

Eph 3:1 For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles,

When we see these words, ‘For this cause’, we immediately realize that this refers to something that has gone before. And this is the case here, and especially referring to the chapter before.

Paul has been describing a church here, that is reconciled, at peace, blessed far above all that is flesh, and the strife that is found in the flesh, and built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets with Jesus Christ Himself being the chief corner stone. And this building is growing together that it might be an habitation for the Spirit. There are immediately 5 things that are unique and readily discernible. They are different than anything else we’ve ever found in the Bible before.

1.Blessings that were promised are unique, because it is every blessing that is spiritual. That is different than they'd ever had before because they'd never had every blessing that is spiritual.

2.And the sphere of their enjoyment is unique, because the enjoyment is in heavenly places, whereas every blessing before this had always been spoken of as being enjoyed on the earth.

3.The period of choice is unique, because these were chosen before the overthrow of the world, whereas all other choosing had been since the overthrow.

4.The position is unique, made to sit together in heavenly places, in Christ. That is a high and unique position.

5.The unity is unique. Back in 2. 15, that the twain, the Jew and the Gentile, were created one new man.

It is all these things that Paul has in mind, when he starts out to say, “For this cause”. It is everything Paul has already been speaking about in the first two chapters of the first letter written after Israel takes her place amidst the nations, departing to have great reasoning among themselves. (Acts 28.28, 29).

Here are some differences that show the kingdom hope as taught in the Acts and the epistles contained therein are seperate and therefore cannot be the same as the the heavenly hope the church body given in the mystery is to enjoy:

"And I said unto her, Thou shalt abide for me many days; thou shalt not play the harlot, and thou shalt not be for another man: so will I also be for thee.
"For the children of Israel shall abide many days without a king, and without a prince, and without a sacrifice, and without an image, and without an ephod, and without teraphim: Afterward shall the children of Israel return, and seek the LORD their God, and David their king; and shall fear the LORD and his goodness in the latter days. [3:3-5]

Believers in the dispensation of promise will make up that company of redeemed, & take their rightful place of blessing in New Jerusalem, not in "HEAVENLY PLACES, FAR ABOVE ALL, WHERE CHRIST SITS.''

''And I John saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.'' [Rev. 21:2]

The Church of the One Body is characterized as “ONE NEW MAN” [Eph. 2:15]. The Church in the Acts economy and the Great Tribulation is likened to a BRIDE: ''For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ '' [2 Cor.11:2]

Israel "according to the flesh'' had for its hope the EARTH as a place of blessing.
''Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the EARTH.'' [Mat 5:5]
These are of the circumcision. Christ said He came not but for the lost of Israel ONLY:
“But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.” [Mat 15:24]
Christ did not “send” His to the gentile nations: “These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: “But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.” [Mat 10:5, 6]

Israel’s sphere of blessing is associated with the "Kingdom'' and an earthly city, EARTHLY JERUSALEM. In the Sermon on the Mount, the Israel was told to pray for this blessing: "Thy Kingdom come, thy will be done ON EARTH, as it is in heaven'' [Matt. 6:10].

Israel’s hope in this heavenly sphere of blessing is observed as coming "DOWN FROM GOD out of heaven.'' It is seen descending after the new heavens and new earth appear [Rev. 21 :1, 2, 9, 10]

Abraham looked forward to the promise of this heavenly city: “For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.” [Heb 11:10]

“It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:” [Isa 40:22]

The church which is His body has a residence “far above all”, far above the heavens He stretched out as a curtain:

“Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:” [Eph 1:21]

THE MYSTERY WAS "HID'' in the heart of God: “And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:” [Eph. 3:9] FROM the beginning of the world.'' Notice that it was NOT HID IN THE OLD TESTAMENT SCRIPTURES, nor revieled before Acts 28:28. It was "hid in God''. The Mystery was hid from past ages and past generations "BUT NOW is made manifest to His saints": “Which is come unto you, as it is in all the world; and bringeth forth fruit, as it doth also in you, since the day ye heard of it, and knew the grace of God in truthl:” [Col. l :26].

THE MYSTERY WAS PLANNED "BEFORE THE WORLD BEGAN":

“Who hath saved us, and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,” [(2 Tim. 1:9]

This present Church is the only company of called out believers found in the Bible to have its origin "BEFORE THE FOUNDATION of the world'': “According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:” [Eph. 1 :4].

The calling of the "kingdom'' is related to a calling FROM THE FOUNDATION of the world'': “Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:”
[Matt. 25:34].

The "ONE HOPE" of the Church of the Mystery was promised "BEFORE the world began'':

“There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;” [Eph. 4:4]
“In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;” [ Titus 1:2]

''For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles [nations].'' [Eph.3:1]

"I Therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,'' [Eph. 4:1]

''And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that l may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel, For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as l ought to speak.'' [Eph. 6:19, 20]

"Even as it is meet for me to think this of you all, because l have you in my heart, in asmuch as both in my bonds, and in the defense and confirmation of the gospel, ye all are partakers of my grace. '' [Phil. 1: 7]

''So that my bonds in Christ are manifest in all the palace, and in all other places,'' [Phil. 1:13]

''For l am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better:'' [Phil. 1:23]

''Withal proving also for us, that God would open unto us a door of utterance, to speak the mystery of Christ, for which l am also in bonds.''' [Col. 4:3]

''Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God'' [2 Tim. 1:8]

'' The Lord give mercy unto the house of Onesiphorus; for he oft refreshed me, and was not ashamed of my chain:'' [2 Tim. 1:16]

''Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel: Wherein l suffer trouble, as an evil doer, even unto bonds; but the word of God is not bound. [2 Tim. 2:8-9]

"At my first answer no man stood with me, but all men forsook me: I pray God that it may not be laid to their charge. Notwithstanding the Lord stood with me, and strengthened me; that by me the preaching might be fully known, and that all the Gentiles [nations] might hear: and I was delivered out of the mouth of the lion. '' [2 Tim. 4:16, 17]

The workmanship of Eph. 2:10 that was "created in Christ Jesus unto good works'' has reference to the new creation of the One New Man. This body of believers is therefore a company of redeemed that form a new creation not a group that is a result of any ''evolution'' of the church of God from the Acts:

“For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.” [Eph. 2:10]

“Having abolished in his flesh the enmity [the middle wall of partition], even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;” [Eph 2:15]

Ephesians 2:12 says that at "that time ye [Gentiles] were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:''

Notice how this has changed by the bringing in of a new dispensation:

"BUT NOW in Christ Jesus ye [Gentiles] . . . are made nigh by the blood of Christ'' [Eph. 2: 13]. It was "for this cause'' that Paul was a "prisoner of Jesus Christ for YOU GENTILES'' [Eph. 3:1]. The ministry of the Word of God has been "sent" to the Nations.

Until the revelation of the Mystery, the oracles of God were committed to Israel:

“What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision?
Much every way: chiefly, because that unto them were committed the oracles of God.” [Rom. 3:2, 3]

This sacred secret was promised "in Christ before the world began'' [Titus 1 :2]. The "covenants'' and the "promises'' belonged to "the fathers of Israel [Rom. 9:3-5], not to the Church of the One Body:

“For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh: “Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises; Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed forever. Amen.”

The promises made unto the "fathers'' were "FROM THE FOUNDATION of the world '' and the "covenants'' were made "SINCE the world began.'' The called-out believers in the church which is His body are called with a "holy calling, not according to our works. but accordingly His Own purpose and grace. which was given us in Christ Jesus BEFORE THE WORLD BEGAN” [2 Tim. l :9], this eliminates the Church of the One Body from any connection with "covenants and promises'' that were made “SINCE the world began.”

Romans 5:8 says that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision [Jews] for the purpose of CONFIRMING THE PROMISES MADE UNTO THE FATHERS, not the Church of the One Body. The "covenants'' were with Israel:

Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:” [Rom I5:8]

In Jeremiah 31:31-36, the Lord promised a NEW COVENANT with the "house of ISRAEL and JUDAH'', not the Church of the One Body. The Mystery was not veiled in language in the OT, it was "hid in God'' [Eph. 3:9], and the Mystery has no connection with any "covenants" either "old'' or "new''.

God's present purpose was planned BEFORE the world began. This eliminates the need for any ties with "promises or covenants.''

"The company of the One Body is ASCENDED, ACCEPTED. BLESSED, and SEATED together "IN HEAVENLY PLACES in Christ Jesus'':
"And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:'' [Eph.2:6]
'' To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved." [Eph. 1:6]
''Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:'' [Eph. 1:3]

Rom. 11:29 "For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance"
1 Cor. 1:26 "For ye see your calling, brethren.."
1 Cor. 7:20 "abide in the same calling wherein he was called".
2 Pet. 1:10 "…give diligence to make your calling and election sure…"
2 Th. 1:11 "…count you worthy of this calling,"

AFTER ACTS 28:28

Eph. 4:4 "…called in one hope of your calling"
Eph. 1:18 "…what is the hope of his calling"
Phil. 3:14 "…the prize of the high calling of God..."
2 Tim. 1:9 "Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling…"

It is scriptural and acurate to say that the word ''calling'' is a word used by the LORD GOD to make known dispensational truth. The word “church” is a word relating to a “called” out people or nation.

It is an elementary and fatal error to join the church before and after Acts, and yet, we see both of these periods joined and further spiritualized together with Israel in most every doctrine of man taught today, effectively severing the Head from the Body.

If you look them up, and you should, you will find that in the gospels and all epistles written prior to Acts 28:28, the people could "see" their hope, and their calling. They could "see" the gifts; for ex, they could see people healed, they could see Paul get bit by the poison serpent and that it had no affect.

Following Acts 28:28, the gifts disapeard, Paul could no longer heal, Israel was no longer protected by the LORD, the city destroyed, the people scattered, taking their place amidst the nations.

In the epistles written following, Paul prays:

"The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints” [Eph. l:18]

It is a new calling, it is a HIGH CALLING:

“I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus” [Phil. 3:14],

and a "HOLY CALLING'': “Who hath saved us, and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,” [2 Tim. l:9],

“and we are to know "what is the HOPE OF HIS CALLING'': “The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints” [Eph. l:18]

Again, one component making these blessings diametrically apposed to that of Israel and the church of God during the Acts, is that this calling places "the Church which is His Body, the fullness of Him that filleth all in all'' at the very seat where Christ sitteth, far above all. The hope is in the holy of holies. This calling was never before revealed, and is not on the earth, as the hope and calling and promise to Israel and those graphed in un naturually are only "in the earth", as revealed in the OT.

I am pointing out that God has made several dividing lines in His letter to us, the Bible. He had chosen to use several specific words to point out where He makes these lines of division. The word "calling" is one of the important ones.

This is why when we look up this word, and apply it to the people who God is addressing, thru the vessels who penned them, we see huge differences in their hope and promise from God.

The church which is His body, is the only company of called out ones in the entire Bible who have their hope far above all, where Christ sits, at the right hand of God, the only company so chosen to this glorious position from before the foundation of the world.

This has not even ever been offered to an angel, and yet, we are offered that sure hope of our high calling.

The problem was that many went out from them - the apostles - but they were not of them. It is foretold in Genesis 3:15, and Christ put the capstone on the situation in John 8:44 if memory serves, as well by saying the scribes and pharisees sit in Moses' seat, meaning the seat of authority.

Ezra documents it for us as well, reporting that there were none of the house of Levi. That was God's wake up call, for him to count the people. And what did he find? That the priests and scribes were all of the lineage of Cain, and none of the lineage of the true priests, the Levitical priest of Levi.

The result was not so much unbelief, in fact they did believe, which is why they had to do something about Christ, and the subsequent reoffer of the kingdom. But that only lasted long enough for everone to hear and acknowledge the offer, make their choice; which took about 35 years.

At that point, God told them they were unusable, removed the offer, & "sent" the word to all nations, and the miracles and everything that accompanied them ceased. Paul wasnt even able to heal Timothy. All the apostles sent to the lost of Israel disappeared from God's word to us. Abraham disappeard. The God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, the God of Jabcob disappeared, and we are given the title of an even higher position that the God of men, 'the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory'.

Everything takes a step up, a step revealing unity and oneness.

The next thing to happen, was for God to give further revelation to Paul, the sent one for the nations, and Paul revealed to us, the Mystery of the new dispensation, and a new calling with a new hope.

It is written, faith comes by hearing, and hearing comes by the word of God. - rom 10:17

It is not something we can choose to understand, but by our desire for truth, He might open the door when we truly knock, for it is a door that no man can open or shut.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
epouraniois
unregistered

I have written, in some depth, on the three adoptions given in Scriptures. I would assume that when things are brought out of the Scriptures that are yet unfamiliar, then you will take the Berian attitude of being more noble and search out a matter to see if a thing is so.

The fact is, if God has placed the people into one of these three adoptions, and He has, then we have no authority to remove them from where God has so placed them to some other calling.

The words which go with one another and cannot be seperated are, adoption, calling, and hope.

In Acts 26, Paul said he spoke of none other things than the prophets and Moses said should come. Paul then, if he had spoken of the church body revealed as the mystery body of Ephesians, which was written after the hope of Israel had been suspended, then Paul would have gone out of his proclaimed bounds, for the mystery, along with it's church, was not revealed until after the Acts had taken placed and Israel set amidst the nations, having preimmenence no more.

During the Acts to Genesis there is not one word about a church having it's citizenship in the heavenly places, it was a mystery, or secret.

After Acts there is given a new doctrine with a new hope and calling into this new adoption (Ep.1.3-6), where there is not one word about having an earthly inheritance.

BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
epouraniois, it is in posts like yours directly above this one that I, and probably most everyone here, "loses it."

Paragraphs like this one by epouraniois:
quote:
Not until after all had heard was the church revealed, and this is called the mystery, or secret hid in God.

This is not the same as 'the mystery of Christ', which had always been known and prophecized (Genesis3. 15) and should not be confused with the mystery body, which has an heavenly inheritance.

It is this secret that was never revealed, and part of the secret is that this company is called by adoption just as the othe callings were, only this company was not chosen since the world began, this company was chosen for this inheritance from before the foundation of the world.

And this paragraph of yours:
quote:
And they have their adoption. the members into one adoptoin cannot inherit what the members of another adoption inherits, giving us the three spheres of blessings. After all Israel had heard, and therefore the record of Acts stating the Salvation of God is then sent to the nations (for the first time)(snip)
And this one:
quote:
Essentially, they had Israel's hope, that never changed. The church does not have Israel's hope, rather a heavenly hope. The two are seperate. The heavenly church is a new creation, it is not a synthesis from one thing to another, although, in theory, as did Paul, others could have laid aside their Jewishness, laid aside their seperation by the middle wall of partition, but we find they were judicially blinded by God. Therefore it is unreasonible to deny what we read, that God created this new church out of a different company of believers.
It just seems to me that you are reading "way more into" the scriptures than is there?

Why not simply:

The administration of the kingdom of God was taken from Old Israel and its administration was transferred to Jesus Christ Himself who for now rules the kingdom of God or the church of God or the Israel of God (all titles apply) from heaven, until His Second Coming when Jesus will rule the whole earth from His holy portion by Jerusalem.

Then the house of Israel and the house of Judah are resurrected from the grave and come to Israel (Ezekiel 36) and are either joined to the church of God or the Israel of God or perhaps the church will minister in the holy portion while the tribes of Israel live in the rest of the land (Ezekiel 48).

Finding all these "groups" with different "destinations" and "callings" and "adoptions" just seems unwarranted to me and probably to most participants on this CBBS?

God bless, [Cross] BORN AGAIN

epouraniois
unregistered

every verse I posted speaks to the multitudes. they were the overcomers of what Paul says

Rom 9:27
Isaiah also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved:

And they have their adoption. the members into one adoptoin cannot inherit what the members of another adoption inherits, giving us the three spheres of blessings. After all Israel had heard, and therefore the record of Acts stating the Salvation of God is then sent to the nations (for the first time), the apostle records the following:

Rom 11:5
Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

Although they could have overcome yet again in theory, as Paul did in reality, we find that all in Asia turned away to the church teachings.

Remember, they never were taught about any church during the Acts. They were preached only that which the prophets and Moses said should come. And Moses and the prophets never spoke about any church hope or calling. There's was a kingdom calling, the same OT kingdom, not some other unknown kingdom.

Not until after all had heard was the church revealed, and this is called the mystery, or secret hid in God. This is not the same as 'the mystery of Christ', which had always been known and prophecized (Genesis3. 15) and should not be confused with the mystery body, which has an heavenly inheritance. it is this secret that was never revealed, and part of the secret is that this company is called by adoption just as the othe callings were, only this company was not chosen since the world began, this company was chosen for this inheritance from before the foundation of the world.

I am working a study of the graphed in gentiles, but I am having a hard time with it's length.

Essentially, they had Israel's hope, that never changed. The church does not have Israel's hope, rather a heavenly hope. The two are seperate. The heavenly church is a new creation, it is not a synthesis from one thing to another, although, in theory, as did Paul, others could have laid aside their Jewishness, laid aside their seperation by the middle wall of partition, but we find they were judicially blinded by God. Therefore it is unreasonible to deny what we read, that God created this new church out of a different company of believers.

Those Jews and gentiles will still go to the earth or to the heavenly city in resurrection, while the church does not have either of those hopes for our calling.

When God says one group has an adoption, we have no authority to remove them from it and then place them into another God given adopted family.

Where did they go? A.D.70 holds the answer to that, and the remainder were further dispersed, and those who claim that white people are todays lost tribes are, imo, delusional, but I agree with the verses saying that the tribes would come to be in this land. I have no problem with that, but there are plenty of Jews in the USA who can and should claim that Biblical accuracy for themselves, however being white isn't the Biblical criteria for claiming to be Israel as far as I know. Additionally, on this subject, is the fact that many today claim that the lost tribes were lost physically, but this cannot be, for Christ told them to go out to the lost, Paul says they all heard, James wrote to the twelve tribes scattered abroad, as did Peter. They weren't lost physically, but spiritually.

The church which is His body has for it's glorious title, 'the fulness of Him that filleth all in all', and is the first revelation of a family in the heavens, therefore we find Ehpesians and Colossians expanding the unfolding plan of the ages to the fulness and the oneness, and therefore includes:

Eph 3:15 ...the whole family in heaven and earth...

BORN AGAIN
unregistered

epouraniois, from your post I had difficulty discerning what you do or did with the "multitudes" who DID believe in Israel.

Did the multitude who believed become part of the church, together with the Gentiles who were grafted into the spots left "vacant" by the unbelieving majority of Israel, or where do you say the "multitudes" went, please?

Romans 11:17
And if some of the branches be broken off, and you, being a wild olive tree, were grafted in among them, and with them partake of the root and fatness of the olive tree.

thank you, BORN AGAIN

epouraniois
unregistered

One of the things the apostle Paul writes about believers at that time says:

Rom 8:9
But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
Rom 8:10
And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
Rom 8:11
But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

Of them Paul continues:

Rom 8:15
For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father (Isa 56:5).
Rom 8:16
The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God
Rom 8:17
And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
Rom 8:18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
Rom 8:19
For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
Rom 8:20
For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
Rom 8:21
Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

And Hebrews 11 provides a long list of overcoming believers of overcoming faith that these same ones are added, that they are not those who 'draw back', but 'continue on to perfection' (...to the end). And the overcomers did just that and have the sure hope of inheritance under the guidlines of their own particular adoptive family, which we find is that Heavenly city likened to a bride, coming down from heaven once all things are made new...

Peter writes:

1Pe 1:7
That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold thatperisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honor and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ

Note the word 'appearing' here 'apokalupsis', or 'revelation', which is not the same word used for the mystery body church, which is 'appearing', 'epiphaneia'.

BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Terral, thanks for writing and you may quote me all you want.

Terral writes, among other things,
quote:
We now know that Israel never accepted the ‘gospel of the kingdom,’ which Paul calls their “transgression” (Rom. 11:11) and God is now sending Paul’s Gospel into the world to make Israel jealous (Rom. 10:19, 11:11).
We know that the "majority" of Israel did not accept the "gospel of the kingdom", but what happens/happened to the "multitudes" who did believe in Israel, where do you place them, please?

Acts 5:14
And believers were the more added to the Lord, multitudes both of men and women.)

We know that Acts 5:14 happened in Israel as is evident from the following verses:

Acts 5
15 Insomuch that they brought forth the sick into the streets, and laid them on beds and couches, that at the least the shadow of Peter passing by might overshadow some of them.

16 There came also a multitude out of the cities round about unto Jerusalem, bringing sick folks, and them which were vexed with unclean spirits: and they were healed every one.

Terral, I put the multitudes in the church, but where do you place them or what do you do with the "multitudes" who did believe in Israel, please?

God bless, BORN AGAIN

BORN AGAIN
unregistered

sister HisGrace writes
quote:
BORN AGAIN - are you wearing those skirts again?
yes, sir.
HisGrace
unregistered

BORN AGAIN - are you wearing those skirts again? Please note Terral that those comments are from BORN AGAIN, not me. [Big Grin]
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Terral, I wanted to ask about this one more time.

Jesus taught the gospel of the kingdom:

Matthew 4:23
And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people.

Matthew 9:35
And Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every sickness and every disease among the people.

Mark 1:14
Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God.

Now, this last one I find interesting in light of our discussion:

Matthew 24:14
And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

And there is also this:

Acts 20:21
Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.

In what way is the "gospel of the kingdom" which Jesus preached DIFFERENT from this "gospel of the kingdom" which shall be "preached in all the world," Terral?

God bless, BORN AGAIN [Cross]

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement