Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Three Spheres - Acts 28. 28

Author Topic: Three Spheres - Acts 28. 28
epouraniois
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Acts of the Apostles is one of the key books of the New Testament. Without it we should be at a loss to place the epistles, and to trace the purpose of God Who `works out everything in conformity with the purpose of His will' (Ephesians 1:11).

Remember the Comforter He would send after His trial/crucifixion/resurrection?

The Commission:
`Ye shall be witnesses unto Me both in Jerusalem
and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the
uttermost part of the earth'.

The Enduement:
`Commanded them that they should not depart
from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the
Father, which, saith He, ye have heard of Me ... Ye shall be baptised with the Holy Spirit not many days hence ... Ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Spirit is come upon you'.

Wilt thou at this time restore the kingdom to Israel?
"It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by His own authority."

`I ask then: Did God reject His people (that is, Israel)? By no means! I am an Israelite myself, a
descendant of Abraham, from the tribe of Benjamin. 2God did not reject His people, whom He
foreknew.'
This was in spite of their being `a disobedient and obstinate people.'
A little while later, the apostle states that it is, `because of the hope of Israel that I am bound with this chain'

So not only had Israel not been cast off by God, but their hope was still possible of realisation. Before King Agrippa Paul stated this very thing :

`"And now it is because of my hope in what God has promised our fathers that I am on trial today. This is the promise our twelve tribes are hoping to see fulfilled as they earnestly serve God day and night."

Then Peter stood up with the Eleven, raised his voice and addressed the crowd: "Fellow Jews and all of you who live in Jerusalem, let me explain this to you; listen carefully to what I say. These men are not drunk, as you suppose. It's only nine in the morning!

No, this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel :
"`In the last days, God says, I will pour out My Spirit on all people. Your sons and
daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams.
Even on My servants, both men and women, I will pour out My Spirit in those days, and they will prophesy. 19I will show wonders in the heaven above and signs on the earth below, blood and fire and billows of smoke. The sun will be turned to darkness and the moon to blood before the coming of the great and glorious day of the Lord. 21And everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.'

If you turn to Joel, is there anything in there about gentiles being blessed or spoken of alongside Israel? Nope. The OT is about Israel. The Gospels is about the Scriptures being fulfilled. Acts is about Israel receiving the times of refreshing:

Act 3:18
But those things, which God before had showed by the mouth of all his prophets, that Christ should suffer, he hath so fulfilled.
Act 3:19
Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;
Act 3:20
And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:
Act 3:21
Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dear epour>, you write
quote:
The Gospels are about the fulfillment of prophecy making ready for the true and real possibility of Israel receiving her kingdom, which takes place in the Acts. {bold by BORN AGAIN}
What does the bolded phrase, "of Israel receiving her kingdom, which takes place in Acts" mean?

Please explain. BORN AGAIN [Cross]

epouraniois
unregistered

To the church which is His body:

2Ti 2:12
If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:
2Ti 2:13
If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.

There is no truth that is of more importance to the believer than to know the present purpose of God. The OT declares Israel to be the channel by which all nations be bless. The Gospels are about the fulfillment of prophecy making ready for the true and real possibility of Israel receiving her kingdom, which takes place in the Acts. This brings us to the present time, when God is not working with His chosen channel, but has revealed something new.

His Words, are NOT what we decide His Words mean, rather if we can believe it, as it is what He decides His words mean, and we find this out by looking up each and every one, building our lists, placing like precepts with like precepts as it is written.

That is how we find out what His Words mean. We do not goto the Websters dictionary unless, possibly, the theological dictionary of 1828.

My task, as far as I can tell, is to Eph4. 3. In reading of Scriptures, one thing that makes them believable is the fact that God has told us every embarising detail which overcame the heros of Israel. There is much humanity in these words we are given to see what His understanding is.

When I see you type that you are concerned about missing out if you are in heavenly places, it seems embued with distrust.

What then, are the qualities of God?
Omnipotent
Omniscient
Omnipresent

The Word declares the sphere of blessing for the church of the one body is in the light. It doesn't get any closer than that. God is able to satisfy. Don't worry, God hasn't forgotten about non Jews who trust in Him. He hasn't forgotten about Jews or non Jews who do not trust in Him. He has the redemptive plan.

Who is the bride throughout the entire Bible?
Who are the blessed guests?
Who is the body?

What will be going on in the heavenlies while the rule with a rod of iron is taking place during that great time of teaching on the earth?

Well, it is a feast, a wedding feast that shall quite probably last the entire time while teaching goes on in the earth for those who mind earthly things.

In Cor we see that the members are compared to various body parts, even parts of the head. They are members severally, in diversness. The church which is His body are of absolute equality with Christ as the head.

In Eph5 it is said that the husband and the wife are one body as Christ and His body are one. Tbherefore husbands love your wifes, no man hateth his own body, even as Christ loves the church and gave Himself for it.

This is against Satanic teaching. Satan does not want us to know about this. Satan does not want overcomers to come to perfection. Satan does want us to covet Israel's, or anyone's, things. He would love it the most if we would just become Buddists ,or Islamist, or worshipers of Lucifer.

This is one reason that barely any of the language found in the prison epistles are used eslewhere.

You do bring up a point, which I have tried to get links to you on how to view the many churches and where the words come from. Words, they have a pedigree, they are connected to their root sources. The metaphores and other figures of speech God does not ever ever ever mix. His words are purposed to mean what they say, and not purposed for us to have any interpretation whatever, but to acknowledge His interpretation whether we need to put it on the shelf for a later day of unvieling or not.

Quickly, Israel was always a church. church means called out. called out to a fight and riot in the Acts in fact. any group that is called together is called a church, or can be.

There was the church in the wilderness - Hebrew
There was the church in the Pentacostal feast - Hebrew
There were the many churches in the synogagues of the diasporia - Hebrew w/gentiles standing outside the middle wall of partition
There was the churches in houses

Then lastly, we are introduced to a secret church not chosen like any of the others, but chosen in Him before the...world who has an entirely seperate calling, who only is blessed apart from Israel and in the heavenly places in the light. If you are in the light, then you are in the presence of the holiest of all, far above even principalities and powers, thrones and dominions, angels and governments, you are far above all heavens of heavens where He is.

When Christ was on earth, God was still in heaven, as God is Spirit. This church that is called His body is with Him to make Him complete where He is, while He may have sent a visible form to the earth, this church is seen with Him far above all. It is the most glorious position of any we are given to see.

I have provide much much documentation, and all of it so the reader(s) might use them when praying for the eyes of their understanding being enlightened. Paul makes this clear, no man can teach this, it is revealed by God to the believer who desires to know all truth.

Eph 2:10 For we are his workmanship
Eph 4:7 But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.

I can tell you that this measure is gifted by the faith and is unto, not of, or by, but unto the good works which are continued onto maturity.

If one does not continue onto maturity, God sees that one stop and cannot therefore continue on with that one who will not continue on.

This is the measure the overcomer must come to terms with. It seems to me the failure to be so doing is to fail to be an overcomer, landing one right there on the earth, seperate from God, being taught by the tribes as they work out their own salvation wherein they are promised to be so doing.

The church of the one body has a similar command, as it is the out-resurrection *exanastasis* which is in view.

Nowhere does it state that the gentile church with it's seprate calling, seprate hope, seprate shpere of blessing is called to be anything other than a full grown male in resurrection hope. And without a thus saith the Lord, Israel is the same bride as she always has been.

God has, it is written, a foreseen family both in heaven and in earth.

If He wants me in earth, great. If He wants me in heaven, great. I am unworthy of any of it, but I do acknowledge what He is telling me, where He has made the rightly dividing of His truth known. The demarcations are severe. The term 'mystery' only comes upon a failure of God's chosen nation. Every time it looks as though Satan has won, God shows another move, some of them were not made known, some of them He kept a secret from the enemy.

We should be rejoicing in the calling He has called us into, but people reject it and remain steadfast that they have nothing written but to have Israel's things. How can this possibly make God pleased, settting the mind on things on earth rather than where Christ sits at the right hand of God? We are told not to do it. We are told we are a seperate church with seperate and different blessings in a different place.

2Ti 2:15
Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

We might be able to visualize that if Christ is bodily, somehow on earth for a time, then being that He said He could not send them the Comforter lest He leave them, we should be in the presence of both the Father and the Holy Spirit as saints in the light.

The Christ is merely a manifestation of the invisible God.

1Co 15:25
For he must reign, till...then...God all in all.

The church of the one body is with Christ as His body. That IS what we read. It speaks of an equality unmatched in all of Scripture. Far above the heavens of heavens is the high calling of God to the church which is His body.

Phi 3:14
I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
Phi 3:15
Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.

Or we can be like Peter when Christ told him the plan of God making perfect and say no Lord, but what was the Christ's answer? Get thee behind me Satan.

Eph 1:9
Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself

Eph 3:11
According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:
Eph 3:12
In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him.

He is not here, that is true, we want to be near Him, that is good. If we believe and trust Him that He has seen the fit to make us meet as inheriting the glorious position of the saints in the light, it is better. God desires, like Jacob, that we want the best things. Like Abraham, we are to know that the best things are not on or of this earth. There is probably some reason God has an earthly people whom He loves unto Salvation, but others who are blessed above them, whether in the heavenly city, or far above all where He is.

Don't to worry about being seperate from God, we are assured that nothing can seperate us from the Love of God. Nothing. But we do read that something can seperate us from His presence, and is the difference between the 'common slavation' and the prize, or reward of the overcomers, wherein we find the application in the instruction:

Phi 2:12
Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

BORN AGAIN
unregistered

presumably? sure, why not. I'm still not sure what the end game will look like, so presumably will do.

As for believing what the Word says, I know what it says, but you know very well that each reader has to decide for him/herself what the words mean, and that is not always as obvious as you make it sound.

Since you have told me all these things about the church going to heaven but the house of Israel/Judah going to earth, would you please answer these questions for me:

"will the church be in heaven while the Prince Jesus is in His holy oblation of land by Jerusalem"?

"Will we not terribly miss Him again, if we are in heaven but He is on earth"?

"currently we are on earth, but He is in heaven: will we trade places and still not see Him again?"

God bless, [Cross] BORN AGAIN

epouraniois
unregistered

presumably? listen to yourself trying to explain away the word of God to the end that it fits into your worldview, rather than adjusting your worldview to fit in with God's word.

If you think that God is not speaking literally, then please provide the verses you speak of, along with the names of the figures of speech being used to make His words mean something other than what they say.

if God's words mean other things than what they say, and we can create our own meanings and our own understandings, rather than to reshape ourselves to acknowledge what God IS saying, then there is no reason to study the Bible at all, for words have no meaning if they do not mean what they say, and if God means other things than what He says, and we are the ones to determine this,then words can mean anything at all, and therefore have no definate meaning, leaving us with nothing to study at all.

thanks.

BORN AGAIN
unregistered

dear epouraniois, I usually do not have much time, so I picked out a few paragraphs about which I had something to say. You wrote:
quote:
This church called, His body, has the closest relationship to Christ of any other company of believers.

The relationship is that of the Head to the Body. It cannot ever be disconnected. It is much closer than wife to husband, where the two are made one philosphically, but not literally.

At first glance, it seemed right what you said, that "Jesus is the Head of the Body."

However, this is not a literal Head anymore than it is a literal Body. When it says that Jesus is the "Head" of the "Body" (the Body being the church), that means He is the Head, like the Supervisor, or the Director, the Top Honcho who directs and controls everything that the "figurative Body" does.

The "Body" is made up of individual bornagain Christians, whom Jesus, the Head (the Chief) directs and tells to do what and how and when.

To be sure, the church has at this time what Israel/Judah never had, namely the Holy Spirit alongside as long as one "continues to believe." Israel/Judah until 70 A.D. never had that.

But the church is composed of believing Israelites and Judahites and believing proselyte Gentiles who together form the current bornagain church.

But when the LORD deals again with the house of Israel and the house of Judah (Ezekiel 36-37), and cause them to come up out of their graves and come to the land of Israel, then the LORD will do this for the house of Israel and the house of Judah:

Isaiah 60:17
For brass I will bring gold, and for iron I will bring silver, and for wood brass, and for stones iron: I will also make your officers peace, and your exactors righteousness.

Jeremiah 29:14
And I will be found of you, says the LORD: and I will turn away your captivity, and I will gather you from all the nations, and from all the places whither I have driven you, saith the LORD; and I will bring you again into the place whence I caused you to be carried away captive.

Jeremiah 32:40
And I will make an everlasting covenant with them, that I will not turn away from them, to do them good; but I will put my fear in their hearts, that they shall not depart from me.

Zephaniah 2:7
And the coast shall be for the remnant of the house of Judah; they shall feed thereupon: in the houses of Ashkelon shall they lie down in the evening: for the LORD their God shall visit them, and turn away their captivity.

Romans 11:26
And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob.

Isaiah 43:25
I, even I, am He who blots out your transgressions for My own sake, and will not remember your sins.

Presumably, at that time, the tribes of Israel would be merged with the church.

However, if the church has a the Second Coming of Jesus, if the church had been "glorified" and "received their body fashioned like unto Jesus's body", then will the tribes of Israel also "receive a body fashioned like Jesus's body"?

Their sins will apparently be forgiven them, it said above, and Yahshua has forgiven them, so what would prevent the tribes of Israel being glorified then, the same as the church?

What, if anything, is wrong with that scenario?

Remember, epournaiois, I have limited time, so if I don't get it, it may be because I cannot read it all; but then again, my verdict is still out on what you have said so far.

Answer this one once again: "what will the church be doing in heaven while the Prince Jesus is in His holy oblation of land by Jerusalem"? "Will we not terribly miss Him again?, if we are in heaven but He is on earth"?

"I would be lost, I would be drifting like a ship on a stormy sea."

God bless, [Cross] BORN AGAIN

epouraniois
unregistered

One more regarding the trying of things that are different, and approving that which is more excellent:

Col 1:25 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfill the word of God.

God chose an earthen vessel by which He would fulfill (Greek pleroo, "complete") the Word of God. That's what Paul did - with the revelation of the mystery [secret] given to him, God has completed His word to the world.

Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
2Ti 2:15
To cut straight, as paths; to hold a straight course; generally, to make straight; to handle rightly the Word of God, by acknowledging Him to direct the paths
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Pro 3:6

We are given in the OT and throughout the Acts of the NT God's purpose to establish a literal, physical, earthly, Davidic, Messianic kingdom, with Jesus Christ as the king of kings, ruling over the twelve apostles, who will rule over the twelve tribes of Israel, who will rule over the nations of this earth. This is God’s prophetic program for His people.

We are given in the Prison Epistles alone God's purpose to form a spiritual body of believers called "the Body of Christ", with Christ as the Head. This body will be perfectly "conformed to the image of His Son" and will rule and reign with Christ in the heavenly places. This is God’s mystery program.

The purpose for the time now present is two-fold and has to do with those who are in heavenly places being made known something of the manifold wisdom of God by the church:

Eph 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:
Eph 3:10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,

Let’s look at some mighty differences:

PROPHETIC
SPOKEN about since the world began
(Luke 1:68-70; Acts 3:21-24)

MYSTERY
Kept SECRET, hidden since the world began
(Romans 16:25; Ephesians 3:5,9; Colossians 1:26)

PROPHETIC
Focus is THE EARTH
(Genesis 1:28, 9:1, 13:14-17; Deuteronomy 11:21; Isaiah 11:9; Jeremiah 23:5; Psalms 37:9-11; Matthew 5:5; Matthew 6:10)

MYSTERY
Focus is THE HEAVENLY PLACES
(Ephesians 1:3, 2:6; Philippians 3:20; Colossians 3:1-4)

PROPHETIC
Jesus Christ is THE KING of Israel and the whole world
(Isaiah 9:6-7; Daniel 7:13-14; Zachariah14:9, 16; Matthew 2:2; John 1:49; Luke 1:31-33)

MYSTERY
Jesus Christ is THE HEAD of the church, the body of Christ
(Ephesians 1:22-23; Colossians 1:18)

PROPHETIC
ISRAEL is God's chosen nation and will be given supremacy over all nations
(Deuteronomy 7:6, 28:13; Isaiah 6:1-5; Matthew 10:5-10;
Romans 9:6)

MYSTERY
In the Body of Christ, there is neither Jew nor Gentile (Romans 10:12, 3:22; Ephesians 2:16-17)

PROPHETIC
Redeemed Israel to rule and reign with Christ on the earth
(Isaiah 62:1-4; Ezekiel 37:21-28; Exodus 19:4-6; Revelation 5:10)

MYSTERY
The Body of Christ to rule and reign with Christ in the heavenlies
(Ephesians 2:6, 14-16, 3:6, Philippians 3:20; 1Corinthians 6:3)

PROPHETIC
Gentiles to be blessed through Israel's RISE to kingdom glory
(Genesis 12:1-3; Isaiah 61:6-9; Zechariah 8:13-23)

MYSTERY
Gentiles blessed through THE FALL of Israel
(Romans 11:11,12,15; Acts 28:27-28)

PROPHETIC
The chief Apostle is Peter
(Matthew 16:18-19; Acts 1:15, 2:14)

MYSTERY
Paul is the Apostle for this age of grace
(Romans 11:13; Ephesians 3:1; 1Timothy 2:5-7)

PROPHETIC
The number 12 is associated with Israel
(Matthew 19:28; Revelation 7:4-8)

MYSTERY
ONE is the number for the Body of Christ
(Ephesians 4:3-4)

PROPHETIC
Physical and spiritual baptism
(Exodus 29:1-7; Matthew 3:2-7, 28:19-20; Mark 16:16; Acts 2:32; Ezekiel 36:25-27; Matthew 3:11; Acts 1:5,8)

MYSTERY
Spiritual baptism only
(Ephesians 4:4; Eph 5:26)

PROPHETIC
Physical and spiritual circumcision
(Genesis 17:9-14; Luke 2:21; Deuteronomy 30:6)

MYSTERY
Spiritual circumcision only
(Colossians 2:11-13; Romans 6:1-6)

PROPHETIC
Atonement yet FUTURE
(Acts 3:19; Matthew 25:31-34; Romans 11:25-27)

MYSTERY
Atonement NOW
(Romans 5:11; Colossians 2:13-14)

PROPHETIC
The Goal: The God of Heaven to set up the Kingdom of Heaven on earth, Christ to have preeminence
(Deuteronomy 11:21; Daniel 2:44; Matthew 25:34)

MYSTERY
The Goal: To form a spiritual body of believers perfectly conformed to the image of Christ and through whom Christ will have the preeminence in the heavenly places
(Romans 8:29; Colossians 1:16)

PROPHETIC
This has been God's purpose FROM the foundation of the world
(Matthew 25:34)

MYSTERY
This has been God's purpose from BEFORE the foundation of the world
(Ephesians 1:4, 3:11)

PROPHETIC
This program has been temporarily DELAYED
(Romans 9-11)

MYSTERY
This program is NOW in effect
(Ephesians 3:1-11; Colossians 1:24-27)

PROPHETIC
The 12 Apostles called by the Lord while He was on the earth
(Matthew 10:1-4)

MYSTERY
Paul called to be an apostle from the ascended Lord
(Acts 9:1ff; 1Corinthians 15:8-10)

PROPHETIC
The apostleship of the 12 was to Israel alone, and then to Israel first
(Matthew 10 ff, Acts 3:25,26)

MYSTERY
Paul was commissioned as "the apostle of the Gentiles" because now the program of God is different
(Romans 11:13; Ephesians 3:1-9)

PROPHETIC
The 12 Apostles, under their commission, sought to bring the nation of Israel to repentance in view of them crucifying their Christ. They indicted them for the crime but offered them the forgiveness and blessing of God so they could participate in Israel's "at hand" kingdom
(Acts 3:12-26, 5:27-32)

MYSTERY
Paul, under his commission, announced that Israel had fallen and that God has temporarily set Israel's program aside and Israel's fullness and kingdom won't come until after the fullness of the Gentiles come in
(Romans 11:11-25)

PROPHETIC
The 12 Apostles announced to Israel that her last days were present. They lived in the days that all the prophets from Samuel and after had foretold of
(Acts 2:16-21, 3:24)

MYSTERY
Paul announced that God is now long-suffering and He had set Israel and the things on her time schedule aside and that the times and seasons are not being fulfilled now in this dispensation of grace
(Romans 11:11-25, 1Thessalonians 5:1-11; 2Thessalonians 3:1-6)

PROPHETIC
The 12 Apostles under their commission operated on a God established distinction existing between the Jews and Gentiles
(Numbers 23:9; Matthew 10:5-7, 15:21-28; Acts 3:25,26)

MYSTERY
Paul under his commission declares that the "time past" distinction is now done away and the middle wall of partition is broken down, God having made both one. Now there is no difference
(2 Corinthians 5:14-19, Ephesians 2:11-14)

PROPHETIC
The 12 apostles operated with the law still in view along with the rudiments of the world that it employed
(Matthew 5:17-19, 23:1-3 James 2:10, Matthew 28:20)

MYSTERY
Paul is given to declare to us that God has not put us under the law, but under grace and that today He is not treating us as children under the law with the rudiments of the world
(Romans 6:14; Galatians 4:1-11; Colossians 2:8-17; Romans 7:4-6)

PROPHETIC
The 12 Apostles during the Lord's earthly ministry never understood or appreciated the meaning or significance of Jesus Christ's death and resurrection (Matthew 16:21-23; Luke 9:43-45,18:31-34) Following Christ's resurrection and the 40 day Bible seminar they had from Him they understood the necessity of Christ's suffering and the benefits received from it, as it pertained to the establishment of Israel's kingdom glory
(Luke 24:25-27, 44-49, Acts 1:1-2, 2:22-36, 3:12-21, 4:8-12)

MYSTERY
To Paul God committed the full meaning and significance of the cross of Christ. He preached the cross and Christ crucified. The good news about His death, burial and resurrection - proclaiming it in all its glory as "the power of God and the wisdom of God." Also to Paul was committed the testimony concerning Christ giving Himself a ransom for all men
(1Corinthians 1:18, 23; 1Timothy 2:1-7; 1Corinthians 2:6-8; Ephesians 1:8-10)

PROPHETIC
The 12 Apostles were commissioned in their apostleship to bring Israel's rebelliousness to a head and in doing so vindicate the outpouring of God's wrath upon that generation
(Matthew 23:29-36; Luke 11:45-51)

MYSTERY
Paul was commissioned to proclaim that God is now longsuffering and is extending mercy and grace to all in spite of Israel's climactic rebelliousness.
(Romans 11:28-36)

"...that in all things He might have the preeminence ..". (Colossians 1:18)
It is by means of these two programs that the Lord Jesus Christ will have the preeminence on the earth and in the heavenly places.

Rightly Dividing cuts straight the word of God in those places where God has directed His paths, submitting to all Scripture, honoring that which is different.

Dispensationalism
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Dispensationalism is a branch of Christian theology that (1) teaches biblical history as being best understood in light of a number of successive economies or administrations under God, which it calls "dispensations," and (2) emphasizes prophecy of the end-times and the pre-tribulation rapture view of Christ's second coming.

I just clicked on the link which the threadholder posted and must say I disagree w/Wikipedia. I have been called an ultra dispensationalist, but have never met a person in this catagory of label to ""emphasizes prophecy of the end-times and the pre-tribulation rapture..."".

I just wanted to state my position.

That the HS gave to earthen vessel Paul, to make known we are in the dispensation called grace is beyond question and without doubt.

Eph 3:1 For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles
Eph 3:2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward

That this dispensation of the grace of God will find its fulfillment at the end of the age is also beyond question. From the words of our Lord:

Luk 21:24 And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

Rapture? Can't find any Biblical support for it.

DISPENSATION -=- "oikonomia"

ALSO TRANSLATED:

EDIFYING oikonomia

1Ti 1:4 Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: so do.

Godly dispensation which is in faith: so do.
Dispensation of Grace is one of Faith .

STEWARDSHIP oikonomia

Luk 16:2 And he called him, and said unto him, How is it that I hear this of thee? give an account of thy stewardship; for thou mayest be no longer steward. oikonomeō

give an account of thy dispensation

Luk 16:3 Then the steward said within himself, What shall I do? for my lord taketh away from me the stewardship: I cannot dig; to beg I am ashamed.

taketh away from me the dispensation

Luk 16:4 I am resolved what to do, that, when I am put out of the stewardship, they may receive me into their houses.

when I am put out of the dispensation

Each of the kingdom parables foretell this. It is documented in the OT. The OT was one of promise. It can be seen as the dispensation of promise, when the Lord was working with them. The prophetic Lo-ammi of Hosea speaks clearly there will be a time when they are not my people and I will not be their God, which is the meaning of Lo-ammi. We see the tragity of Israel in climax, and we read those those dreadful words of Isaiha quoted for the third time to them at the end of Acts <28. 26-28> when the Salvation of God is sent to the gentiles, who WILL hear.

And a dispensation is committed to Paul for the hope of you gentiles, but many are against dispensationalism. That makes no sense to me whatsoever.

epouraniois
unregistered

May we all search and see in the name of the Lord Christ Jesus.

Differences:

Eph 3:1 For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles,

When we see these words, ‘For this cause’, we immediately realize that this refers to something that has gone before. And this is the case here, and especially referring to the chapter before.

Paul has been describing a church here, that is reconciled, at peace, blessed far above all that is flesh, and the strife that is found in the flesh, and built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets with Jesus Christ Himself being the chief corner stone. And this building is growing together that it might be an habitation for the Spirit. There are immediately 5 things that are unique and readily discernible. They are different than anything else we’ve ever found in the Bible before.

1. Blessings that were promised are unique, because it is every blessing that is spiritual. That is different than they'd ever had before because they'd never had every blessing that is spiritual.

2. And the sphere of their enjoyment is unique, because the enjoyment is in heavenly places, whereas every blessing before this had always been spoken of as being enjoyed on the earth.

3. The period of choice is unique, because these were chosen before the overthrow of the world, whereas all other choosing had been since the overthrow.

4. The position is unique, made to sit together in heavenly places, in Christ. That is a high and unique position.

5. The unity is unique. Back in 2. 15, that the twain, the Jew and the Gentile, were created one new man.

It is all these things that Paul has in mind, when he starts out to say, “For this cause”. It is everything Paul has already been speaking about in the first two chapters of the first letter written after Israel takes her place amidst the nations, departing to have great reasoning among themselves. (Acts 28.28, 29).

epouraniois
unregistered

And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church, Which is his body, the fullness *plērōma* of him that filleth *plēroō* all in all. - Eph 1:22, 23.

G4138
πλήρωμα
plērōma
play'-ro-mah
From G4137; repletion or completion, that is, (subjectively) what fills (as contents, supplement, copiousness, multitude), or (objectively) what is filled (as container, performance, period): - which is put in to fill up, piece that filled up, fulfilling, full, fulness.

G4137
πληρόω
plēroō
play-ro'-o
From G4134; to make replete, that is, (literally) to cram (a net), level up (a hollow), or (figuratively) to furnish (or imbue, diffuse, influence), satisfy, execute (an office), finish (a period or task), verify (or coincide with a prediction), etc.: - accomplish, X after, (be) complete, end, expire, fill (up), fulfil, (be, make) full (come), fully preach, perfect, supply.

epouraniois
unregistered

Thank you very very much.

Although I have been studying for nearly a year and a half now, imo the reason the Scriptures are open to me as they seem to be, it is due to the fact that I do not question God at all. I simply know that I can trust Him to reveal to me. I will believe whatever is written. If it is written that I will be, on Pluto, hanging upside down as a pokedotted elephand by my tale eating bubbles and that I will love it, then that is what I will believe.

If God says He has a family in heavenly places, and that it is the church introduced only after Israel is set aside in abayance for her disbelief, a church which completes Him, having the closest relationship to Him than any other company of called out ones, then I believe it.

Does that make sense? I believe God makes sense.

Pleroma. The goal of God is pleroma. Every verse in the Bible has this one goal in mind and every verse speaks to this pleroma. In English, the word is fullness, full, fuller, God will one day be all in all, and in all.

God is able to satisfy to the uttermost. The people who will be missing His closeness will be the ones who do not acknowledge His plan of the ages for them. These shall have to be retaught. This teaching will take place under the authority of the nation of Israel, and they will live outside Israel in the land, never to sup with the Lord.

Please look again at the meaning of the words 'with Christ' and 'with Him'.

WITH - Col3.3-4.
G4862
σύν
sun
soon
A primary preposition denoting union; with or together (but much closer than G3326 or G3844), that is, by association, companionship, process, resemblance, possession, instrumentality, addition, etc.: - beside, with. In compounds it has similar applications, including completeness.

This church called, His body, has the closest relationship to Christ of any other company of believers.

The relationship is that of the Head to the Body. It cannot ever be disconnected. It is much closer than wife to husband, where the two are made one philosphically, but not literally.

This relationship is quite literal. The glory that was in the holiest of all, the holy of holies in the OT, that light, that express light which is His glory is made up of the membership of the church which is His body.

That is what the words bear out, that is what they mean.

This membership, called the church which is His body THE FULLNESS that FILLETH ALL IN ALL, is His body.

Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints, and of the household of God; And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

IN WHOM ALL THE BUILDING FITLY FRAMED TOGBETHER GROWETH UTNO A HOLY TEMPLE IN THE LORD:
IN WHOM YE ALSO ARE BUILDED TOGETHER FOR A HABITATION OF GOD THROUGH THE SPIRIT.
Eph 2:19 - 22

Please read Ephesians, the first 3 chapters prayerfully. God will open the eyes of your understanding if you ask Him.

Paul says we must pray for this understanding to be opened. He says this is because we cannot study it, it isn't written in the Bible till the apostle is given it to write.

Wheather one is outside the house of God, out in the earth never to sup with Him, Christ is able to satisfy. If one is a Jew and in the land, Christ is able to satisfy. When the overcoming Jew finds himself in the Holy City, God is able to satisfy. If ones membership is in the heavenly places IN CHRIST, utter and complete satisfaction with unsearchable exceeding riches with every blessing that is spriitual that the Lord has is given to the satisfaction of His Body, the church, the fullness of Him that filleth all in all.

I do realize that this teaching is avoided in the extreme by the covetness of the traditions of man wherein they teach we inherit Israel's things, but the Word is not found in ambiguity one wit, for the Word is plain speach and easy to understand. What makes it somewhat difficult is all the trash we must clear out of our minds in order to receive the simplicity which is in Christ Jesus.

And Christ Jesus plainly says our citizenship is not on the earth, nor in the heavenly city, but far above all where Christ sits at the right hand of God, with Him, in Him, His Body. Only this church has that glorious position in Christ.

Have I ever given anyone here a wrong word definition, or misquoted for my purposes. No, never, for my love is with Him. The members of His body may spend some days on earth, but His church is in heaven where He is. He has no church on the earth. His church is one, it has unity, and that unity is not here, but where He is. This is the one hope of His body, the church.

Any other hope is merely covetness of what His other children are to receive. Period.

Is it not better to just believe God rather than to put our trust in the men who teach today, these 33 degree masons who do have an alterior motive and do not work for God at all?

2Co 11:13
For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
2Co 11:14
And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
2Co 11:15
Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

2Co 11:3
But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtlety, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

1Co 15:22
For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
1Co 15:23
But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.
1Co 15:24
Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

1Co 15:25
For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.

1Co 15:28
And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

Eph 2:5
Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, by (grace ye are saved;)
Eph 2:6
And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
Eph 2:7
That in the ages to come he might show the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

Being that the pleroma is the main subject of Scripture, it might be a good idea if we try to open it up a bit. But, being it is the mainstay of doctrine and practice, the goal of the ages, it shant be a quick study, as it occupies far too much of Scripture to be entirely brief in it's substance. However there are approaches we can take which lead us gently in understanding just what the larger view and circumspection of the Bibles overview is, by examining a few choice teachings.

BORN AGAIN
unregistered

epouraniois, you write to BORN AGAIN
quote:
I am going to cry.
cry all you want. here's an icon to help you cry: [crying]
quote:
Why don't you understand that Christ is in the heavenly places
I understand that Christ is currently in heavenly places, seated at the right hand of the Father, until He (YHWH or Yashua?) has put all His enemies under His feet. So, yes, I know that Christ is in heavenly places.
quote:

And that His body is seen as being there where He is?

Currently His Body of Christ is on the earth, so that, in a way, there are "two Jesus bodies" right now, one in heaven and one on earth in the collective and individual Christians.

Now, positionally I believe that the LORD YHWH has already "done-do put us in heavenly places" (if so be that we continue to believe until the telo end").

If YHWH and Yahshua-Jesus and all the holy angels are "all coming down with the city which the LORD built", having 12 foundations, let me ask you, brother ep>, is that a real city or a symbolic city composed of people only? I mean, is the carbuncle on the gate real, man, know what I'm sayin'? [happyhappy] God bless, BORN AGAIN

"I understand what you're saying, but am I going to live in heaven and Israel will live on earth"?

"Will the Prince really be away again in His oblation of land near Jerusalem"?

"Won't I greatly pine for the Lord then, and for His Father"?

epouraniois
unregistered

I am going to cry. Why don't you understand that Christ is in the heavenly places, and that His body is seen as being there where He is? Don't you believe God? Please read Ephesians prayerfully. Please don't try to change His word to fit any human idea. He wrote it so that we may know. If He meant some other thing, He wouldn't have said any of these things.

The heavenly city built for the overcomers of Israel is definate that it comes down from heaven to the earth. It is associated with angels under it. It is associated as heavenly in its charactor, but earthly in its position.

The church of the one body is never associated with that city, never associated with Abraham, and this church is associated, not with angels, but with principalities and powers under it, for it is far above all in the heavenly places. Its charactor is that it is given every blessing that is spiritual, and it's position is in heavenly places. Neither it, nor its membership is associated with earthly things, instead these members are told to 'seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory'.
Col 3:1-4

Where is Christ? It says here that He is hid in God. Further, it says its members are hid with Christ where He is hid, namely, in God.

What don't you acknowledge about this church having it's citizenship in heaven? Does not God speak plainly, saying He is using Paul to reveal something secret to the gentiles? Where do go to find the letters written to the gentiles? Only one place, and that's the prison ministry. I would think that these would be the most studied, but no, the same corruption that presented itself the loudest back then is alive and well today,--

Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an example.
(For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ: Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.)
For our conversation **CITIZENSHIP** is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ - Phi 3:17-20

Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints, and of the household of God - Eph 2:19

Holding faith, and a good conscience; which some having put away concerning faith have made shipwreck - Ti 1:19

BORN AGAIN
unregistered

dear epouraniois, I read 99% of the Topic page.

First, do you see the New Jerusalem as a city built by God which comes down to earth, presumably somewhere near or actually into the land of Israel?

If it is a "real city built by God", when it then comes to "being seated in heavenly places", why can access to and egress from the "city built by God" not refer to then "being seated in heavenly places"?

thanks, God bless, [Cross] BORN AGAIN

epouraniois
unregistered

1. There are blessings that are to be enjoyed on earth. Those who will occupy the central position in this sphere are Israel, and this calling is expressed in the terms of a Kingdom. Gentile nations, while blessed in this same sphere, will be subservient, for to Israel, and Israel alone, is the Kingdom, and to Israel on the earth pertains the ‘adoption’. Israel is the firstborn among the nations.

2. There are other blessings that are to be enjoyed in the heavenly country and the heavenly city. These are the blessings of Abraham, and the calling is that of ‘The Bride’ (a calling that must be kept distinct from that of the restoration of Israel, ‘The Wife’). Gentiles, as well as Israel, go to form this company called ‘The Bride’, where there is neither Jew nor Greek, but where both alike are reckoned as Abraham’s seed and heirs according to the promise. Instead of nations being subservient to this company of the redeemed, it is angels who are associated with them in a subordinate position. To this company, in this sphere, pertains this particular ‘adoption’; they are the church of the Firstborn whose names are written in heaven.

3. There are, however, blessings that are neither those of Israel as a kingdom, nor of the heavenly calling of the Bride, and these are enjoyed in heavenly places where Christ sits, far above all principality and power and far above all heavens. They who enjoy them constitute neither a Kingdom nor the Bride, but are the Body of Christ and a perfect Man. While individuals of Israel who believe are not precluded, this calling is mainly Gentile, for it operates during the period of Israel’s blindness. This company also has a citizenship, but it is one which has nothing to do with the New Jerusalem; neither nations nor angels are subservient to it, but principalities and powers. To this company pertains the ‘adoption’ associated with this sphere, and Christ, as the Firstborn from the dead, is its Head, each believer of the company forming a member of the Church which is His Body.

epouraniois
unregistered

Three Spheres Of Blessings

(1)
‘The earth’ (Matt. 5:5) The Kingdom
(2)
‘Jerusalem which is above’ (Gal. 4:26) The Bride
(3)
‘In heavenly places’ (Eph. 1:3) The Body

In the near context of Matthew 5:5, the meek who shall inherit the earth, we learn of a kingdom which is yet to be set up on the earth: ‘Thy Kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven’ (Matt. 6:10). In that prophecy of His Second Coming, The Revelation, one of the titles of the Lord is: ‘The Prince of the Kings of the earth’ (Rev. 1:5). The extent of this kingdom is defined in Psalm 72:8 ‘He shall have dominion also from sea to sea, and from the river unto the ends of the earth’. And again in Psalm 2:8 ‘Ask of Me, and I shall give Thee the heathen, Thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth, Thy possession’. Yet again, the prophet Zechariah says:

‘He shall speak peace unto the heathen: and His dominion shall be from sea even to sea, and from the river even to the ends of the earth’ (Zech. 9:10).

Moreover, in The Revelation we read:

‘The seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of His Christ; and He shall reign for ever and ever’ (Rev. 11:15).

This kingdom on the earth will have an administrative centre:

‘And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the Lord’s house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it. And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the house of the God of Jacob; and He will teach us of His ways, and we will walk in His paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem’ (Isa. 2:2,3).

This is supplemented by Zechariah the prophet:

‘And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to keep the feast of Tabernacles. And it shall be that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain’ (Zech. 14:16,17).

It will be seen by the two latter references from Isaiah and Zechariah, that not only is the city of Jerusalem represented as the capital of the kingdom, but also as the centre of worship, and this is in harmony with the destiny of Israel when that nation is at length saved, for Israel is to be a kingdom of priests unto God (Rev. 1:6). They will be made so under the New Covenant and the blood of Christ in fulfilment of the original purpose of God expressed at the foot of Mount Sinai but, by reason of the weakness of the flesh, rendered impossible of accomplishment under the law (Exod. 19:6).

the second sphere; that which is associated with the heavenly Jerusalem, and it must be recorded as a fact of importance that no hint of such a sphere is to be found in the whole of the Old Testament. Yet when we study the New Testament we learn that its existence was intimately known by Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. For this information we turn to the Epistle to the Hebrews.

In Hebrews 11 the apostle illustrates the statement that ‘faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen’, by the examples of Abel, Enoch, Noah, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Coming to the example of the patriarchs, the writer pauses to add:

‘By faith he (Abraham) sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles (tents) with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise: for he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose Builder and Maker is God’ (Heb. 11:9,10).

After speaking of Sarah’s faith, the apostle reverts to the subject of this city, saying:

‘These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth. For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country ... that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God; for He hath prepared for them a city’ (Heb. 11:13-16).

After a further and fuller expansion of the theme of Hebrews 11:1 the apostle returns to the subject of the Heavenly City in chapter 12, but approaches it from another angle. verse 22:

‘But ye are come unto Mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels, to the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven’ (Heb. 12:22,23).

Other references to this sphere of blessing are found in The Revelation:

‘Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of My God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of My God, and the name of the city of My God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him My new name’ (3:12).

The significance of the fact that this is associated with the overcomer, together with the similar significance of the context of Hebrews 12, establishing the fact that the Scriptures speak of such spheres:

‘And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband’ (Rev. 21:2).

‘He carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God’ (Rev. 21:10).

The testimony of Hebrews 11:16 alone is sufficient proof that this heavenly city is a separate sphere of blessing from that of the earth, and while much must yet be studied if we would appreciate its true significance, we can, without hesitation, affirm that there is full Scriptural testimony to the existence of this second sphere of blessing.

The epistle to the Ephesians was written by Paul as ‘the prisoner of Jesus Christ’ (Eph. 3:1). Israel, as a nation, had been set aside by the quoting of Isaiah 6:10, as recorded in Acts 28, and with that setting aside had of necessity gone the hope and the blessings of which they were the appointed channel. While Israel remained as a nation before God, the Gentile believer could be ‘blessed with faithful Abraham’ (Gal. 3:9); could be associated with Israel under the New Covenant (2 Cor. 3:6); could entertain the hope of Israel (Rom. 15:12,13) and ‘partake of the root and fatness of the olive tree’ (Rom. 11:17); but, with Israel set aside, there arose the necessity of a further revelation from God, if all was not to be plunged into confusion and end in despair. This revelation is claimed by Paul in the epistle to the Ephesians:

‘If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you -ward (Gentiles): how that by revelation He made known unto me the Mystery’ (Eph. 3:2,3).

This Mystery has particular reference to the new position assigned to the Gentiles:

‘That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of His promise in Christ by the gospel: whereof I was made a minister’ (Eph. 3:6,7).

Here we have a ‘dispensation’ which was particularly concerned with the Gentiles; a ‘revelation’ that makes known that which was a ‘mystery’, and that, hitherto, this mystery had been ‘hid in God’ (Eph. 3:9). And not only was it ‘hid in God’, but ‘from the ages and from generations’, but now is ‘made manifest to His saints’ (Col. 1:26).

Until the all-day conference with the leaders of the Jews which concluded with their dismissal at the quoting of Isaiah 6, there was the human possibility of the national repentance of Israel and the realization of that nation’s hope. Consequently, the apostle rightly says in Acts 28:20: ‘For the hope of Israel I am bound with this chain’. When next he speaks of his bonds as his chain, the dispensation of the Mystery had been entrusted to him, and in Ephesians and Colossians, his chain is most intimately associated with the Mystery (Eph. 6:20; Col. 4:3).

We discover, therefore, that the second sphere of blessing is in the nature of a reward. It is the ‘heavenly’ phase of the kingdom. Abraham could not have forfeited the land of promise, for it was his as an unconditional gift; but in addition to this, he received the ‘heavenly country’, which was associated with his ‘perfecting’. This ‘perfecting’ of his faith is the theme of the epistle of James, which regards the offering of Isaac as the ‘fulfilling’ of the initial act of faith whereby Abraham was justified (Jas. 2:23).

James also has much to say in the first chapter about patient endurance and its perfecting work in view of the crown (Jas. 1:3,4,12). The heavenly country and city are not for ‘righteous ones’, simply, but for ‘perfected righteous ones’, just as the ‘prize of the high calling in Christ Jesus’ and ‘the out -resurrection’ of Philippians 3 are for those who go on unto perfection.

If the heavenly country, for which Abraham gave up so much, differs from the land of promise in which he lived as a pilgrim, then we must obviously recognize this heavenly calling as a separate sphere. Moreover it is clear that one of the chief characteristics of this sphere is that it represents a reward for faithful obedience, as distinct from the land of promise which was quite unconditional.

The distinctive place, ‘where’, and the time ‘when’ the Church of the Mystery shall enjoy its blessings and was chosen in Christ by the Father, are given in Ephesians 1:3,4. We are not now concerned with the true translation of the words, ‘before the foundation of the world’ in verse 4, but with the latter clause of verse 3:

‘Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, Who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ’ (Eph. 1:3).

As the phrase en tois epouraniois is exclusive to Ephesians, and as every other occurrence of epouranios has reference to the character of the ‘heavenly’ thing concerned, but not the place ‘where’ it will be enjoyed.

‘In heavenly places’ is the translation of the Greek words en tois epouraniois. We have seen that the word epouranios occurs six times in the epistle to the Hebrews, but there it speaks of a heavenly calling, a heavenly gift, heavenly realities, and a heavenly country or city. There can be no comparison between a ‘heavenly gift’ that was enjoyed on earth with ‘the heavenly places’ of Ephesians 1:3: the one refers to character, the other to a place. The occurrences of epouranios in Ephesians must be segregated, for they form a group by themselves. The phrase en tois epouraniois occurs only in Ephesians and nowhere else either in the New Testament or in the Septuagint.

The second occurrence of the phrase is found in Ephesians 1:20,21, where we learn that this sphere is ‘where Christ sitteth’ at the right hand of God. Whether we continue the use of the phrase ‘far above all’ or whether we exchange it for a more limited rendering, nothing is more certain than that there can be no conceivably higher position in the whole universe than the right hand of God. Such is the height of this exaltation of Christ that the passage continues:

‘Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come’ (Eph. 1:21).

Quite apart from the words ‘far above’, there can be no denial of the fact that there is here indicated a sphere without compare in the whole range of Scripture.

When we turn to Ephesians 2:6 where we have a categorical statement that there, where Christ sits, is the sphere of blessing for every member of the Church which is His Body. In these three passages (Eph. 1:3,20,21; and 2:6) we have indubitable evidence of a sphere of blessing that differs entirely from anything that had hitherto been revealed.

‘Of no other company of believers is it said that their sphere of blessing is "In the super -heavenlies". The special sphere of blessing which belongs alone to the Church of the One Body is mentioned five times in this epistle, and a study of these occurrences will supply us with valuable information. First of all, we translate the word "super-heavenlies" in recognition of the presence of the little particle epi with which the word begins. It is not simply ouranios, which is the usual word, but ep-ouranios. Secondly, because the word is found in Ephesians 4:10, where "far above all heavens" is huperano panton ton ouranon, and thirdly because the information supplied by the five references demands some such translation. Passing, therefore, to the second reference, we find, in 1:20,21, that this sphere of blessing is:

(a) At the Father’s right hand.

(b) Far above all principality and power.

That this tremendous height is the destined sphere of the Church of the Mystery, Ephesians 2:6 declares. There, the believer is associated with the risen Christ, "made to sit together in the super-heavenlies in Christ Jesus". Christ the Head and the Church His Body are blessed together There.

The next two references (Eph. 3:10 and 6:12), show the super - heavenlies as the abode of principalities, powers and rulers. Be it noted that angels are not mentioned. Angels are heaven’s messengers. The Church of the One Body is blessed even above heaven’s nobility. Dominions and thrones are beneath it in its super -heavenly sphere ... While epouranios is used outside Ephesians, no other company of believers is blessed In these exalted regions as their sphere. The blessings of the Church of the One Body are not only "heavenly", but "up in heaven"‘.

Excerpt from C Welch and the Church of the Open Book.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement