Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » The Uniqueness of Jesus Christ

Author Topic: The Uniqueness of Jesus Christ
epouraniois
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Terral

You asked for Scripture saying exactly what you are looking for

Here is a quote, you want a quote, then here it is, and it is anothor one of your lies. I never asked this question, it is your lie.

quote:
Do you or anyone here know another “Jesus the Son of God” than “Jesus Christ” of Hebrews 13:8 who is “the same yesterday and today and forever.”?
Here is another quote. and in it we find philosophy, not suprizing, for it is by your philosophy that your beliefs reside, but alas, you look so glorious in the front of your word inserting philisophical mirror. you are such a pretty one. you are so great. it is your denial of the works of God where your greatness is found, for if you knew of Him in truth and in spirit, it would be Him who we would read of in your posts, Him who you would be lifting up, but, I guess this is God's purpose, that folks like you come bringing the Scriptures to prove you are correct and the Holy Spirit who gave the prophets and apostles their God-Breathed words of understanding is wrong - God's purpose must be for us to see even more of that which you can only deny.

Psa 102:27 But thou art the same, and thy years shall have no end.

Bye Bye.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
epouraniois
unregistered

Hebrews 13:8 does not say that the son is the same, it says that the Christ is the same, which, of couse is speaking about God:

Psa 102:27 But thou art the same, and thy years shall have no end.

But go ahead and insert your own ideas, alter the words, why not, you don't believe them anyways Terral, as your self grandioiusness is only surpased by your contradition of statments.

While others are willing to work with you to see what is so clearly stated, I hold to Scriptural accuracy, whence we read 'If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him Godspeed: For he that biddeth him Godspeed is partaker of his evil deeds'.

epouraniois
unregistered

One of the Titles of "the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ" is "The Only Begotten".

The only begotten. In the Greek its monogenēs, but what does it mean? Here, of course, there is and always has been a great conflict of opinion between believers. There are those who refer this back to Christ from past eternity, they talk about eternal Son-ship, and the creeds talk about Him being begotten of the Father before all worlds.

Well now, when we are dealing with the Great person of God and Savior, don’t you think it would be wise if we kept just to scriptural terms? Don’t you think there is a tremendous danger of going right out of our depths when we start talking about God or Christ in anything but pure scriptural terms? I mean, if I start talking about past eternity, what do I know about past eternity? Absolutely nothing, not even the greatest Christian who ever lived knows anything at all, so how can they claim that knowledge, and set it forth in creeds? The perception that we should get between the two covers is only a small one, this side of glory, as we are reminded, at the outer extreme of our best vision, “now we see thru a glass darkly”, and that is the very best, we can only see darkly, or inigmatically in the Greek. It is not until we are on the other side shall we see face to face, shall we know, even as we are know.

It therefore behooves us to talk with carefulness and reticence when we are dealing with the work of the person of God and of Christ.

I don’t know of any scripture that teaches that Christ was the Son from all eternity. Some might say it is clearly inferred, well, my answer would be; I can’t accept any inferences whatsoever when it comes to so great and vital and deep subject, I want a plain, “thus saith the Lord”. But I do know this, when He who was God took upon Himself a human form in Bethlehem, that, the title Son is given to Him, in Luke 1:35, the angel told Mary, “that holy thing which shall be born of thee SHALL BE CALLED the Son of God”. So I’ve got a thus saith the Lord there!

Now, I want you to see that this title doesn’t necessarily include birth at all. I know that sounds alarming, so lets see how its applied to human beings:

Heb 11:17
By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten son,
Isaac was Abraham’s only begotten son. Well, I ask you, was Isaac Abraham’s only son? Well, he wasn’t was he? In what since then, was Isaac his only begotten son? Lets look at a couple of places:

Luk 7:12
Now when he came nigh to the gate of the city, behold, there was a dead man carried out, the only son of his mother, and she was a widow:
Luk 9:38
And, behold, a man of the company cried out, saying, Master, I beseech thee, look upon my son: for he is mine only child.

The only thing that really matters is this; what did this word mean at the time the apostles wrote? We know, now, that it was the language of the common people that God wrote His Word in. He didn’t use the language of the educated and cultured, but of the ordinary man, isn’t that wonderful how He stooped down like He’s been stooping in His mercy all along? Well, we do know today what this word means; and in the best lexicons, we find it means, “Unique in kind”; “something that is the only example of its category”. And can we say there is any being to compare to Him? He is utterly in a class by Himself.

Think of it again, something that is the only example of its category, there is nothing you can put up by its side and compare it. That’s what God said in the OT isn’t it:

Isa 40:25
To whom then will ye liken me, or shall I be equal? saith the Holy One.
Isa 40:26
Lift up your eyes on high, and behold who hath created these things, that bringeth out their host by number: he calleth them all by names by the greatness of his might, for that he is strong in power; not one faileth.

Heb 1:3
Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power

Isa 46:5
To whom will ye liken me, and make me equal, and compare me, that we may be like?
Isa 40:28
Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding.

So God throws out the challenge, and that is still true, God stepped down from the glory, and God manifest in the flesh, to whom can you liken Him who created the heavens and the earth, who holds the formations of the universe by the power of His Word, but our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ?

Well, you can’t, there is no other like Him, there is only One Lord God in all of scripture. There is only one creator. When you see this Greek word monogenēs, the only Son, the only begotten Son of God, oh it magnifies Him, as we are supposed to as well, and that by finding out just what the unity of the Spirit is, so we may be able to guard it, as instructed in Eph 4.3.

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No matter how you seek to wrest scriptures in order to deny that Jesus is God manifest in the flesh, Terral, your spirit of anti-christ is rebuked by the very Word of God. God's Word stands and declares that Jesus Christ was God manifest in the flesh, that the Word was God and the Word was flesh.

No matter how your try to twist and manipulate scriptures Terral, no matter how many of your heretical graphs and pie charts you post, no matter how many times you try to wrest scriptures, no matter how much false commentary you type. THE WORD STANDS CONTRARY TO YOU TERRAL, and speaks for itself.

John 1:
1: In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2: The same was in the beginning with God.
3: All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
4: In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
5: And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
14: And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
15: John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me.
16: And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.
17: For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.bible.org/page.asp?page_id=538

The Nature of His Birth

His birth was, of course, the most unique birth in all of human history. Though ancient mythology was filled with tales of demi-gods who were supposed to be the progeny of lustful unions between women and gods (demons), there was nothing even close to the narrative of the birth of Jesus Christ.

Christ’s birth stands alone in history. By the miraculous work of the Holy Spirit, God Himself took up residency in a virgin’s womb in embryonic form so that after a natural nine-month pregnancy, she gave birth to a son who was also God’s Son. He was the God-man Savior—not a God-indwelt man. He was both true and genuine humanity and undiminished deity united in one Person forever. No other birth was like this in fact or fiction.

As a result of this unique birth, Christ was able to bypass the curse of sin and the curse of Jeconiah so that He was uniquely qualified as the sinless One to both go to the cross to die as the Lamb of God and to reign on the throne of His father David as the Lion of the tribe of Judah (Rev. 5).
The Uniqueness of His Person

This is found, as mentioned above in the divine/human natures of Christ—two natures united in one person. The Bible makes the claim that Jesus Christ is both God and Man. As God He created all things (Jn. 1:1; Col. 1:16). As man He was sinless and came as the sinless substitute to die for mankind’s sin. But the declaration of Scripture and the evidence of His life affirm that He was not half man and half God, but totally man and totally God united in one Person.

He is God’s indescribable and unfathomable gift to the world. He is the most unique Person of the universe. No other religious leader has ever seriously made such a claim for no other could support it by their life.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

1 John 4:
1: Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
2: Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
3: And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

1 Tim 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement