Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » If Jesus is Not God?

Author Topic: If Jesus is Not God?
epouraniois
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Terral

Perhaps you fail to realize that you and I are the only two members discoursing on this Thread.

No, I was adding to the thread, and your assuption presumes that Caretaker will not return, but in my short time here, you are the only one stating the purpose of posting is debate, while the rest of us here lift up Christ, pretty boy - comb your hair - your are so beautiful, whoops, I have fallen down to your level, bummer. Oh wait.

God raised Him from the dead (Rom. 10:9), He raised Himself from the dead (Joh 10:17).

I guess this too is a lie, unless God has manifest in the flesh, as it is written, then, of course, it makes perfect sense, being that God is not the author of confusion (which assumes there is such an author).

quote:
Therefore, Both God and His Son are our Saviors
So now there are two saviors, and one is not God, ouch. If this is true, then you are right and God is wrong, for God has said only God can save, furthermore:

Isa 43:11
I, even I, am the Jehovah; and beside me there is no savior.

Isa 48:11
For mine own sake, even for mine own sake, will I do it: for how should my name be polluted? and I will not give my glory unto another.

I will stick to Scripture, you go ahead and debate and pretend that it is not the mirror you love the most.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
epouraniois
unregistered

Terral,

Let me speak this word to you, and try to stop combing your hair and eating your plate for just a second and listen up, if you still have that ability.

You can thank me for writing all you want, but it is because you do not know you have a disease, by which you write this erronious and obvious statment of contradictory ill repute steeped in arogance and sarcasm that your philophy has become reality.

And here it is, this is what we came here for:

I have no fellowship with those who blapheme God, denying He has come in the flesh, God the Son.

So, unless I directly state that I am addressing you, rest assured, I am not. I may be addressing a subject, talking around you when not directly to you. So now you know, that if I do not state I am speaking to you, I am not, I say that bearing the assumption that your disease may allow you to comprehend what I am saying, and the disease is that Biblical disease, which is often fatal, called 'puffed up'.

If we do not know this, then we have missed the boat, for there is one thing that Satan will not do, while he will persecute, persecute, persecute, imprison, and kill, or, on the other hand, he will quote Scripture and utter the most irreproachable commendation of the gospel and its messengers, but he has but one end - to deceive, to corrupt, to keep the God the Son, if possible, from His rightful throne.

Isa 66:1
Thus saith the LORD, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest?

Eze 1:26
And above the firmament that was over their heads was the likeness of a throne, as the appearance of a sapphire stone: and upon the likeness of the throne was the likeness as the appearance of a man above upon it.

Terral:

Job 15:6
Thine own mouth condemneth thee, and not I: yea, thine own lips testify against thee.

Being that the OT states God alone is the saviour, and the NT stating that Christ alone is the saviour; Jehovah is the first and the last, that Christ is the first and the last, that Jehovah is the creator, that Christ is the creator:

Being that these things are in contraindication to one another, unless the Bible is correct when we read 'God was manifest in the flesh', which one is lying?

Act 14:15
And saying, Sirs, why do ye these things? We also are men of like passions with you, and preach unto you that ye should turn from these vanities unto the living God, which made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and all things that are therein:
Act 14:16
Who in times past suffered all nations to walk in their own ways.

Act 17:30
And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent

epouraniois
unregistered

I will assume, that 'Jesus' referred to in the title of the thread, is the Christ and Lord Jesus which is seprated by men through His titles.

This having been said, if he is merely a man, a man named Jesus, then he is in dire want of a saviour even as we are, for the Bible is clear on this point, only God is saviour, therefore, if the Lord Christ Jesus is not God, he too then is in need of a savior. And anyone who is in need of a savior can save noone.

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.carm.org/doctrine/Jesusquestions.htm

How can Jesus be called the Mighty God (Isaiah 9:6) and "God" also be called the Mighty God in Isaiah 10:21?

Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counseller, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Isaiah 10:21 The remnant shall return, even the remnant of Jacob, unto the mighty God.

How can Jesus create all things (Col. 1:16-17), yet it is God who created all things by Himself (Isaiah 44:24)?

Col. 1:16-17
16: For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
17: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Isaiah 44:24 Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;

Then why did Jesus say you must honor him even as you honor the Father (John 5:23)?

John 5:23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

John 1:

1: In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God .
2: The same was in the beginning with God.
3: All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
4: In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
5: And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
6: There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.
7: The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.
8: He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.
9: That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.
10: He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
11: He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
12: But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
13: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
14: And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
15: John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me.
16: And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.
17: For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

1 Tim 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement