Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » What happens to those who never heard the word of God?

Author Topic: What happens to those who never heard the word of God?
epouraniois
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by helpforhomeschoolers:

So, By our witness; By the angels; by the two witnesses; by His Spirit; by some means we can be sure that not one dies that does not have opportunity for having heard the Gospel.

God is a Just God and there is no way that anyone is going to be able to stand before him in the resurection of the unjust and say..." I did not know" God because He is Just cannot allow this to happen.

And not only so, but also to the end that every one born by the water of a woman will have had the oportunity to prove whether or not they can stand on creature strength, eventually realizing that it is only by the Word of God that any created being can stand. All of us shall fail utterly, and when we stand before Him, before His great love by which He hath loved us, will be see that which we had sought without knowledge from the beginning.

There will be noone able to say, well Lord, you did'nt give me a chance to try, for all will have had their day of trial and effort.

And surely this is the reason we are given that the nations, counted as the sand of the seas, follow after Satan after the thousand years, proving, they all had an opportunity, and when confronted with Satan/Death, they all fall down.

Deu 8:3
And he humbled thee, and suffered thee to hunger, and fed thee with manna, which thou knewest not, neither did thy fathers know; that he might make thee know that man doth not live by bread only, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of the LORD doth man live.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lastly we are told that the gospel must be preached in all the world:

Matthew 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

So, By our witness; By the angels; by the two witnesses; by His Spirit; by some means we can be sure that not one dies that does not have opportunity for having heard the Gospel.

God is a Just God and there is no way that anyone is going to be able to stand before him in the resurection of the unjust and say..." I did not know" God because He is Just cannot allow this to happen.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We are told that the Law and the Prophets did too and that if man did not hear by them, then he would not hear if ONE raised from the dead spoke it...

Luke 16:31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

We are told that after the Flood the creation itself spoke the Gospel:

Romans 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

We are told that Noah's sons had Christ Preached to them:

1 Peter 3:18 ¶ For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:
19 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;
20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

There is a lot of information on this subject in scripture.

We are told that for 120 years Noah through the building of the ark preached righteousness:

Hebrews 11:7 By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.

2 Peter 2:5 And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly;

The ark is a picture of the salvation of Christ.

The building of it was done by man; as Christ was birthed of a woman; but the design was given by God, as was the begetting of Jesus by the Holy Spirit.

The door into it was opened by the Father who called Noah and the 7 others inside.

We are called to Christ by the Father, who has opened a door to us that no man can shut.

There was one way out of the ark and that way was from above.

The door unto salvation that we enter through Christ leads to the heavens above where we are then seated with him.

The ark was covered with pitch - this speaks to the atonement or the covering of the mercy seat with the blood of the Lamb.

Noah and the 7 others were inside the ark with God as we are with Christ in God.

epouraniois
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It strikes me odd, it seems to me that it has escaped the minds of men that Israel is to minister the word of truth at the Lord's table for a thousand years.s

Rev 20:6
Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
Rev 20:7
And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
Rev 20:8
And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth...

Reign means 'rule', and there has to be nations to rule or they can't be in the four quarters of the earth.

BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have always thought that those who have never heard because they were born and lived and died deep in the jungle of New Guinea would be preached to at some point, even after death.

But the closest verse I can think of right now for that is this:

1 Peter 3:19
By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison.

But whether that refers to your Topic question, I don't really know.

It's a good question, though, because my atheist housemate has asked me that question a number of times, and I have, sort of lamely, said that they would have to be preached to at some point in order for it to "be fair".

Another verse coming to mind is:

Romans 2
13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:

15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;)

But whether that means these people receive salvation that way, I don't know.

God bless, BORN AGAIN

shadowmaker
Advanced Member
Member # 3696

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shadowmaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If someone never hears the word of God, are they cast into the lake of fire? What about those who died before Christ? I know before Jesus returns he said all would hear of him. But what about that poor guy who died in 3000 bc?

Please keep the post short. I dont care if you respond 50 times I just find it hard to read when a post is sooooooo long.

Brad

Posts: 272 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement