Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Pauline Dispensationalism

Author Topic: Pauline Dispensationalism
Adv.Christian
Advanced Member
Member # 3453

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adv.Christian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Terral
Considering it seems to stress you Terral not to specifically quoted I shall attempt to do so. You stated in your 1st posting on this topic;
quote:
Anyone who believes our gospel of Christ’s shed blood is a member of the ‘body of Christ’ (Eph. 4:12) and part of the ‘dispensation of God’s grace’ (Eph. 3:2) given to Paul for us today. What does Paul say?

“For this reason I, Paul, the prisoner of Christ Jesus for the sake of you Gentiles -- if indeed you have heard of the ‘dispensation of God's grace’ which was given TO ME FOR YOU; that by revelation there was made known to me the mystery, as I wrote before in brief.” Ephesians 3:1-3.

This excerpt is nice but you must include the topic for which the “for this reason” was included
Ephesians 3:11-21
11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands; 12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world: 13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ. 14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us; 15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace; 16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby: 17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh. 18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father. 19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God; 20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone; 21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:

Paul certainly was not drawing a separation between the Gentiles and the Jews in fact he was attempting to do just the opposite and create a feeling of fellowship between the two by pointing to Christ and His actions of how they destroyed the separation which seems to be being revived. 13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ. 14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us; 15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace; 16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby: 17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh. 18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father. 19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God; sorry I think I cut and pasted that.

Again in your 1st reply to this post you stated
quote:
Does Scripture verify that Paul is the first? Yes. Otherwise this dispensation of God’s grace was given to Peter and then to Paul, which IS NOT the case.
“It is a trustworthy statement, deserving full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, among whom I am first (protos #4413) of all. Yet for this reason I found mercy, so that in me as the first (protos #4413), Jesus Christ might demonstrate His perfect patience as an example for those who would believe in Him for eternal life.” 1Timothy 1:15+16.

But again I say you must take the scripture in entirety;
1 Timothy 1:9-16
9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, 10 For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine; 11 According to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, which was committed to my trust. 12 And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry; 13 Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief. 14 And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus. 15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief. 16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

Paul was not intending to declare he was the first of the church in 1 Timothy1:15; but instead was stating he was a extremely sinful man and could stand before those whom he was teaching as a prime example of the forgiveness of Christ. That even after his life of persecuting the people of Christ, Christ willingly forgave him.

There are but two examples of the contradictions I keep hearing you ask for in different threads, forgive me for not going back to find that page.

The fact is there are multiple interpretations of scriptures and unfortunately all too often those interpretations are pulled by taking excerpts of scripture and not always keeping them in context. I enjoy your post even while I do not agree with all of them. I pray you find more peace then currently seems to be the case for there are many on this forum which have a vast quantity of God granted insight and open discussion and not argument can lead all to a better understanding of God’s Word.

As always my love to all and May God Bless.

--------------------
A person talking can not be listening; A person not listening can not be learning.

Posts: 299 | From: Raleigh/North Carolina | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
epouraniois
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let me say too, that this is God's Word to us. It tells of a plan. And I do see it in the only way I can, which is the way the Lord has led. I can say this:-

By it we can know everything that can possibly be known about God. We need to be careful about making it about us. It includes us, but it is not about us. I think this can be avoided by realizing we are getting a small slice of what God has given us to known, so far as His outworking and larger perspective regards, that in the grand scheme of things.

We are told to believe that this portion of what we call a universe, which is bound by time and space - is temporary - and that Christ created this flesh age out of soil which was created by speaking it into existance. But the highest angel had rebelled, with 1/3 of the stars that sang and shouted for joy before the overthow (katabole).

When I think of resurrection, I know of a beginnnig in which, for the purpose of God, a completed stage must first have been planed and prepared for. We are in that stage of God's outworking that by it, sin and death will have been overruled judically, with one accord, each in the particular sphere of blessing the Lord had foreseen from before there was a beginning.

This is something we should all think about as the time grows near for that day of judgment and inheritance, because by it the Lord is bringing His creation and all of us into a family when it will be realized exactly what Holiness means. We are learning what sin means now. We are learning about Death, and longsuffering love, making it known unto all of creation that the creature must learn he cannot stand on creature strength, but by eery word that proceeds out from the mouth of the Lord.

You see, God doesn't need us to exist. He doesn't need time, or material, or even a vessel, nothing can contain God. He is outside of our experience, an experience that is at the time present (Ephesians3. 10).

That is what it says God is doing right now. Eph.3. 9,10.

God created the age times, but we do read of a time before this time of the flesh, and I think that before sin entered into that higher realm, before the overthrow of the heavenly host, before this age time was created, the earth probably had no dust on it. The Bible does tell us a little about before age times. The earth probably had huge incomprehensibly beautiful crystaline mountains of emerald, and ruby, and and peals, &c, and that this New Jerusalem maybe isn't so new, maybe it was before this age times too, and will be restored like everything else. Maybe. Maybe the advantage that Lucifer used to draw the men who lived in that angelic realm was the fact that men could see him, see his beauty, see his command over the power of the air, the musical instuments, the merchandising, this powerful and mighty arch angel, the anointed cherub that covereth was claiming to be God. And how could Lucifer get away with this? Because he could be seen. God is invisible. God is Spirit.

But the foreknolwege of God knew the end from the beginning, and it will be glorious, and we may be very very very close to the revelation of the antichrist, that man of sin. It isn't Bush, that's for sure, he's just the bird cage paper that gets changed every four years. They gotta destroy some serious earth, make some serious genocide (as they are doing) all centering around Jerusalem, then will be the time of Jacob's trouble - the type in A.D.7O, then the fake Jesus will make his appearance. And he will deceive the world.

But we don't need to be so deceived.
We have the book.
That we may know Him.
The true light.

For in it the Holy Spirit speaks of the manifestiation of God, the Lord from heaven and our saviour Jesus Christ. And Jesus Christ came to speak only that which was given Him from the Father. To which He shall return that God be all in all - 1Co 15:24-28 -

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
epouraniois
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Adv.Christian:
quote:
And it is this gentile church, for the first time in all of Scripture, where the pronouncement that God intends to have a family with Him in the heavenly places.
It would appear to me this is in conflict with Revelations 21
1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. 2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
How dose this fit into your doctrine?
Please know I am not arguing, I am trying to understand what you believe.

No offense taken, but please know that I have no doctrine of my own, I simply study that which is written. I do see your point in Rev.21, however this is all cleared up once it is acknowledged the difference in the prepositions we are given, for by them comes the understanding of the Lord from Heaven.

God is with them, meta, not sun, meaning He is with them in the same way He was with them during the Acts, not physically, but near, close, around, but not in union, for we read:

1Co 15:24
Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
1Co 15:25
For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.

God will return from His manifest form (morphe) to His invisible realm outside of space/time/material in the future, and the church will be with Him there, far above all heavens.

Secondly, Revelation is a Book that describes for us the time when God again takes up Israel as His great outworking. And in this we learn that the overcomers, as in Heb.11, are to inherit a city which is likened unto a bride. This city comes down from heaven to the earth. This city has all the flavour of the Hebrews by it's charactor, the names of the twelve apostles, the names of the twelve tribes, whereas the church is with Him where He is in the heavenly places at the right hand of God.

This phrase if very difficult, but in it's essence there is the showing forth that it is not a place, it is above all places. Christ, in Col.3, is said to be at the right hand of God, yet is not manifest, rather is hid in God. It is this non place, outside of time and space and all the accompanyments where, Eph1. 3, every spiritul blessing that God has to give is given to the church which is His body. I believe, after much prayerful study, that this referrences the very stones of fire which Lucifer had walked up and down amoungst. Inheritantly, the closest word we have is the word 'light', hence, the 'saints in light', meaning, 'the holiest of all'.

The Bible gives us three adoptions into the first born son. Each having their own sphere of blessing.

Adv.Christian
Advanced Member
Member # 3453

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adv.Christian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
And it is this gentile church, for the first time in all of Scripture, where the pronouncement that God intends to have a family with Him in the heavenly places.
It would appear to me this is in conflict with Revelations 21
1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. 2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
How dose this fit into your doctrine?
Please know I am not arguing, I am trying to understand what you believe.

--------------------
A person talking can not be listening; A person not listening can not be learning.

Posts: 299 | From: Raleigh/North Carolina | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
epouraniois
unregistered

quote:
How would you tie Jesus’ teachings in with those of Paul?

Matthew 6:33 - But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Was Jesus speaking to all His children or just His Jewish children?

I feel this must be qualified because Paul had a two fold ministry, whereas the Lord Jesus had only one while in the flesh.

The plain words of the Lord state He only came for Israel, and told them to not go to the gentiles. In resurrection Israel shall inherit the earth along with earthly things:

Isa 61:7 For your shame ye shall have double; and for confusion they shall rejoice in their portion: therefore in their land they shall possess the double: everlasting joy shall be unto them.

But to the gentile church called 'His body', the Lord reveals to Paul the prisoner,

Eph 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ

In order to tie in the specific ministry of the Lord and saviour Jesus the Christ with that of Paul, this can only be done in so far as Paul's first ministry is concerned - when the hope of Israel is in still in view as being the present day reality for Israel's calling. At the end of Acts Paul is able to declare:

Act 26:22
Having therefore obtained help of God, I continue unto this day, witnessing both to small and great, saying none other things than those which the prophets and Moses did say should come

Paul was at that time preaching for the hope of Israel, the O.T. kingdom hope which Christ preached at the first;

Act 28:17
And it came to pass, that after three days Paul called the chief of the Jews together: and when they were come together, he said unto them, Men and brethren, though I have committed nothing against the people, or customs of our fathers, yet was I delivered prisoner from Jerusalem into the hands of the Romans.

Act 28:20
For this cause therefore have I called for you, to see you, and to speak with you: because that for the hope of Israel I am bound with this chain.

After Israel, by these very chief of the Jews, announced the entention to so divorce their God and His Christ in v. 25, 'they departed', which is the word 'divorce', they were still present, and did not leave (depart) until v. 29. So this departure was of legal remedy, and they were then judicially dismissed with that dreadful quote of Isaiah 6. 9,10 (for the third and final time).

Then there is the pronouncment that The Salvation of God is then sent to the nations, whereby we read in the first epistle written thereafter:

Eph 3:1
For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles

And it is this gentile church, for the first time in all of Scripture, where the pronouncement that God intends to have a family with Him in the heavenly places. Ehp 2. 15 and round bout, tells us that this church is a new creation, even though it was promised and in view before the foundation of the world, while every other chosing was chosen after, or since, or from the foundation of the world, Mat.25. 34.

And it is these distinctions being drawn that we my understand what is the hope of His calling, for, you see, His calling is the churchs' calling. His inheritance is in the saints in light, and our inheritance is in the saints in light. This inheritance is far above all heavens of heavens. This is the connection of the head and the body.

Look into the phrase, with Him, and, with Christ, particularly noting the difference in the preposition 'with', for there are two Greek words being employeed, being they really have no word for 'with' as we read in the English, we need therefore to see how it is used in the Greek, noting the differences:

To the nation of Israel, she will be in resurrection, with Christ - META:-

G3326
μετά
meta
met-ah'
A primary preposition (often used adverbially); properly denoting accompaniment; “amid” (local or causal); modified variously according to the case (genitive case association, or accusative case succession) with which it is joined; occupying an intermediate position between G575 or G1537 and G1519 or G4314; less intimate than G1722, and less close than G4862): - after (-ward),X that he again, against, among, X and, + follow, hence, hereafter, in, of, (up-) on, + our, X and setting, since, (un-) to, + together, when, with (+ -out). Often used in composition, in substantially the same relations of participation or proximity, and transfer or sequence.

But the church having the heavenly calling is in resurrection, with Christ - 'SUN':-

G4862
σύν
sun
soon
A primary preposition denoting union; with or together (but much closer than G3326 or G3844), that is, by association, companionship, process, resemblance, possession, instrumentality, addition, etc.: - beside, with. In compounds it has similar applications, including completeness.

epouraniois
unregistered

quote:

Matthew 6:33 - But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

I feel this must be qualified because Paul had a two fold ministry, whereas the Lord Jesus had only one while in the flesh.

The plain words of the Lord state He only came for Israel, and told them to not go to the gentiles. In resurrection Israel shall inherit the earth along with earthly things:

Isa 61:7 For your shame ye shall have double; and for confusion they shall rejoice in their portion: therefore in their land they shall possess the double: everlasting joy shall be unto them.

But to the gentile church called 'His body', the Lord reveals to Paul the prisoner,

Eph 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ

In order to tie in the specific ministry of the Lord and saviour Jesus the Christ with that of Paul, this can only be done in so far as Paul's first ministry is concerned - when the hope of Israel is in still in view as being the present day reality for Israel's calling. At the end of Acts Paul is able to declare:

Act 26:22
Having therefore obtained help of God, I continue unto this day, witnessing both to small and great, saying none other things than those which the prophets and Moses did say should come

Paul was at that time preaching for the hope of Israel, the O.T. kingdom hope which Christ preached at the first;

Act 28:17
And it came to pass, that after three days Paul called the chief of the Jews together: and when they were come together, he said unto them, Men and brethren, though I have committed nothing against the people, or customs of our fathers, yet was I delivered prisoner from Jerusalem into the hands of the Romans.

Act 28:20
For this cause therefore have I called for you, to see you, and to speak with you: because that for the hope of Israel I am bound with this chain.

After Israel, by these very chief of the Jews, announced the entention to so divorce their God and His Christ in v. 25, 'they departed', which is the word 'divorce', they were still present, and did not leave (depart) until v. 29. So this departure was of legal remedy, and they were then judicially dismissed with that dreadful quote of Isaiah 6. 9,10 (for the third and final time).

Then there is the pronouncment that The Salvation of God is then sent to the nations, whereby we read in the first epistle written thereafter:

Eph 3:1
For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles

And it is this gentile church, for the first time in all of Scripture, where the pronouncement that God intends to have a family with Him in the heavenly places. Ehp 2. 15 and round bout, tells us that this church is a new creation, even though it was promised and in view before the foundation of the world, while every other chosing was chosen after, or since, or from the foundation of the world, Mat.25. 34.

And it is these distinctions being drawn that we my understand what is the hope of His calling, for, you see, His calling is the churchs' calling.

Adv.Christian
Advanced Member
Member # 3453

--------------------

epouraniois
unregistered

quote:
[Cross] Do I understand correctly in that you do not beleive God is still blessing His children today in a visible manner? Or is it, as I beleive, a matter of people just needing to look and beleive they would see God is still very much blessing His people. At least I feel VERY blesed?

I beleive that the entire Bible is about and to Israel, except for those nations who came into contact with Israel, we hear nothing of them, UNTIL after Acts 28:28, when the Salvation of God is then sent to the nations who will hear it.

Israel was blessed in stock and in store, in season, and in the earth, &c, &c. The gentiles standing outside the middle wall of partition were made partakers of Israel's spiritual things, not her physical things, they stood outside, never gaining entrance to the tabernacle...

This is not what we read of the church however:

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world...according to the good pleasure of his will

The church introduced after Acts closes provide no verses stating earthly blessings as did those when Israel's hope and calling was in view, and our faith cannot be seen by the material things we have or lack.

I am not saying that God does not bless us, for indeed He does with each breath we take, but not materially as it was with Israel, else it would be written. Mostly He has blessed us with peace:

Eph 2:14 For he is our peace
Eph 2:15 Having abolished...so making peace;
Eph 2:17 And came and preached peace
Eph 4:3 Endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
Eph 6:15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace
Eph 6:23 Peace be to the brethren, and love with faith, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

What is written to the church by Paul the prisoner is that material things can easily get in the way of our finding God's truth, calling it the love of money

1Ti 6:10
For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

I believe this come to the house divided theme or the cannot serve two masters theme.

Col 3:2
Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
Col 3:3
For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

1Ti 6:18
That they do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to distribute, willing to communicate;
1Ti 6:19
Laying up in store for themselves a good (spiritual) foundation against the time to come, that they may lay hold on eternal life.
1Ti 6:20
O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:
1Ti 6:21 Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen.

epouraniois
unregistered

quote:
[Cross] Do I understand correctly in that you do not beleive God is still blessing His children today in a visible manner? Or is it, as I beleive, a matter of people just needing to look and beleive they would see God is still very much blessing His people. At least I feel VERY blesed?

I beleive that the entire Bible is about and to Israel, except for those nations who came into contact with Israel, we hear nothing of them.

Israel was blessed in stock and in store, in season, and in the earth, &c, &c. The gentiles standing outside the middle wall of partition were made partakers of Israel's spiritual things, not her physical things, they stood outside, never gaining entrance to the tabernacle...

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world...according to the good pleasure of his will

The church introduced after Acts closes provide no verses stating earthly blessings as did those when Israel's hope and calling was in view, and our faith cannot be seen by the material things we have or lack.

I am not saying that God does not bless us, for indeed He does with each breath we take, but not materially as it was with Israel, else it would be written. What is written to the church by Paul the prisoner is that material things can easily get in the way of our finding God's truth, calling it the love of money

For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

I believe this come to the house divided theme or the cannot serve two masters theme.

Col 3:2
Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
Col 3:3
For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

1Ti 6:18
That they do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to distribute, willing to communicate;
1Ti 6:19
Laying up in store for themselves a good foundation against the time to come, that they may lay hold on eternal life.
1Ti 6:20
O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:
1Ti 6:21 Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen.

epouraniois
unregistered

quote:

I beleive that the entire Bible is about and to Israel, except for those nations who came into contact with Israel, we hear nothing of them.

I am not saying that God does not bless us, for indeed He does with each breath we take, but not materially as it was with Israel, else it would be written. What is written to the church by Paul the prisoner is that material things can easily get in the way of our finding God's truth, calling it the love of money

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are wrongly dividing the scriptures, Epouranis, for it was the same Gospel preached by Jesus, preached by Peter, preached by Phillip, as preached by Paul.

Salvation through faith in Christ.

One should be cautious in the theological school of ultra-dispensationalism, that we not seek to establish a Pauline-dispensation, and relegate the Words of Christ to exclusively a Jewish "kingdom-only" interpretation, for the Kingdom of God is within as is the residence of the KING.

John 3:
14: And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:
15: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
16: For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17: For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
18: He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Acts 2:
37: Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
38: Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
39: For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
40: And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.
41: Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.
42: And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.

Acts 8:
29: Then the Spirit said unto Philip, Go near, and join thyself to this chariot.
30: And Philip ran thither to him, and heard him read the prophet Esaias, and said, Understandest thou what thou readest?
31: And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him.
32: The place of the scripture which he read was this, He was led as a sheep to the slaughter; and like a lamb dumb before his shearer, so opened he not his mouth:
33: In his humiliation his judgment was taken away: and who shall declare his generation? for his life is taken from the earth.
34: And the eunuch answered Philip, and said, I pray thee, of whom speaketh the prophet this? of himself, or of some other man?
35: Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.
36: And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?
37: And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

2 Peter 3:

15: And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;
16: As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.
17: Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness.
18: But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever.

Romans 10:
8: But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
9: That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10: For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
11: For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
12: For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
13: For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

John 14:
26: But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Acts 1:
3: To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God:
4: And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me.
5: For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.
6: When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?
7: And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.
8: But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
9: And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.
10: And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;
11: Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

The Holy Ghost came as per the promise of the Master, and He indwelt the Church and led them in truth, and the message preached was consistant with the Pauline Epistles. 3000 came brethren came to Christ as Peter preached his first sermon.

Acts 2:
36: Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
37: Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
38: Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
39: For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
40: And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.
41: Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.

Acts 10:
34: Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:
35: But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.
36: The word which God sent unto the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ: (he is Lord of all:)
37: That word, I say, ye know, which was published throughout all Judaea, and began from Galilee, after the baptism which John preached;
38: How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.
39: And we are witnesses of all things which he did both in the land of the Jews, and in Jerusalem; whom they slew and hanged on a tree:
40: Him God raised up the third day, and shewed him openly;
41: Not to all the people, but unto witnesses chosen before of God, even to us, who did eat and drink with him after he rose from the dead.
42: And he commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is he which was ordained of God to be the Judge of quick and dead.
43: To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.
44: While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.
45: And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.
46: For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,
47: Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?
48: And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days

Peter brought the Gospel to the gentiles, the same Gospel which Jesus preached and which Paul preached.

John 3:
14: And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:
16: For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17: For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
18: He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Romans 10:
8: But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
9: That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10: For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
12: For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

Galations

Paul had led the Galatians to Christ (3:1). They had made a good start in the Christian life (3:3) and were doing well spiritually (5:7). Later some Jewish teachers (called Judaizers) taught the Galations that to be saved one must not only believe in Christ, but must also obey the Mosaic Law, the sign of which is circumcision. In preaching this heresy, they also attacked Paul’s apostleship and gospel. Their false gospel had a detrimental effect on the Galations: it was beginning to hinder their obedience to God (5:7), they were starting to observe some parts of the Law (4:10), and they were considering a complete acceptance of the Law (1:6, 4:9).

Paul seeks to expose the error of the Judaizers’ gospel and their impure motives (6:12,13). His ultimate goal is to prevent the readers from embracing a false gospel and to encourage them to retain their spiritual freedom in Christ (5:1). The apostle does not want his dear converts to be tied up with all the now abolished rules and regulations of the Mosaic Law, which will lead them into legalism.

Galations 3

O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?
This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?
Have ye suffered so many things in vain? if it be yet in vain.
He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.
Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.
And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.
So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.
For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.
But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.
And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.
Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:
That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.
Brethren, I speak after the manner of men; Though it be but a man's covenant, yet if it be confirmed, no man disannulleth, or addeth thereto.
Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.
And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.
For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.
Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.
Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one.
Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.
But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.
But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.
Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.
For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adv.Christian
Advanced Member
Member # 3453

--------------------

epouraniois
unregistered

What is to be made of this direct statement pertaining to the church:

2Ti 1:9
Who hath saved us, and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

Eph 2:8
For by grace are ye saved
through faith;
and that not of yourselves:
it is the gift of God:
Eph 2:9
Not of works, lest any man should boast.

As I read of these, in the epistles following the close of Acts, and thus the close of the kingdom offer to Israel, this is not the same as that which James and Paul had preached during the previous dispensation, when God was made known by good works, when the prosperity of the people could be seen by the blessings God bestowed upon them that where His people, Israelites.

Adv.Christian
Advanced Member
Member # 3453

[Cross] At the risk of being called down concerning listing these verses;
2 Timothy 3
1 But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of stress. 2 For men will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3 inhuman, implacable, slanderers, profligates, fierce, haters of good, 4 treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, 5 holding the form of religion but denying the power of it. Avoid such people. 6 For among them are those who make their way into households and capture weak women, burdened with sins and swayed by various impulses, 7 who will listen to anybody and can never arrive at a knowledge of the truth. 8 As Jannes and Jambres opposed Moses, so these men also oppose the truth, men of corrupt mind and counterfeit faith; 9 but they will not get very far, for their folly will be plain to all, as was that of those two men. 10 Now you have observed my teaching, my conduct, my aim in life, my faith, my patience, my love, my steadfastness, 11 my persecutions, my sufferings, what befell me at Antioch, at Ico'nium, and at Lystra, what persecutions I endured; yet from them all the Lord rescued me. 12 Indeed all who desire to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted, 13 while evil men and impostors will go on from bad to worse, deceivers and deceived. 14 But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have firmly believed, knowing from whom you learned it 15 and how from childhood you have been acquainted with the sacred writings which are able to instruct you for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. 16 All scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.
2 Timothy 4
1 I charge you in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus who is to judge the living and the dead, and by his appearing and his kingdom: 2 preach the word, be urgent in season and out of season, convince, rebuke, and exhort, be unfailing in patience and in teaching. 3 For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own likings, 4 and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander into myths. 5 As for you, always be steady, endure suffering, do the work of an evangelist, fulfil your ministry.
There has been much argument (not debate or discussion) over the separation of teachings contained in the Word of God. Timothy tells all Christians, that all scripture is given of God and is good for learning. Timothy dose not endeavor to set a separation in place of scriptures to be used by gentiles and scriptures to be used by Jews. I am fully aware of the steadfast teaching that there is a difference between Christians however I find no scripture which supports this theology with out also engaging in supposition. I fear the worst in that by the very nature of this it is but a fulfillment of the Word of God.

The cause of Christ is taken to all man kind for the sole purpose of bringing man to God through the salvation given through Jesus Christ.
John 3
. 14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, so must the Son of man be lifted up, 15 that whoever believes in him may have eternal life." 16 For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God sent the Son into the world, not to condemn the world, but that the world might be saved through him. 18 He who believes in him is not condemned; he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.
Christ Himself did not draw a line in the sand separating His people the fact is He came that all who believe should be saved, not only Jew or only gentile but all.
Before there comes a statement of the fact that no one has claimed that one or the other would not be saved I understand this; however to draw a line of distinction between Christians is a house divided and as Christ stated;
Matthew 12
:25 And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand:
I have had the opportunity to be introduced to a number of different doctrines during my Christian growth and I feel secure in the fact there is no duality in the Christian faith that is given from God. In fact to attempt to draw a line of distinction in Christian teachings only serves to cause strife and contentions, an occurrence Paul warned of.
1 Corinthians 1
11 For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you. 12 Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ. 13 Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul? 14 I thank God that I baptized none of you, but Crispus and Gaius; 15 Lest any should say that I had baptized in mine own name. 16 And I baptized also the household of Stephanas: besides, I know not whether I baptized any other. 17 For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect. 18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that

I pray the peace and contentment of God to all members of this forum and to the Body of Christ as a whole. As always my love to all and May God Bless. [Cross] [Prayer]

--------------------

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

http://www.tektonics.org/gk/jamesvspaul.html

Paul is teaching justification over and against specific observation of the Jewish law, such as circumcision (Rom. 3:1), and doing so with reference to a person prior to conversion.

James is advocating the practical outworking of faith (i.e. validation) through generally moral behavior, but not through anything uniquely associated with the Jewish law, and after conversion. Is there any mention of circumcision or Jewish holidays in James? No -- he is
concerned with caring for the poor, treating all people fairly, and holding one's tongue in check, once one is a believer. Quite simply, as Letham puts it, "The works of faith which James advocates are different from the works of the law that Paul condemns."

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Caretaker typing in his own hand from his own work:

James VALIDATES the same faith which Paul preaches, justification, and James declares that if there is true faith then works, which is spiritual fruit will be produced.

Only those who WRONGLY divide the Word, wresting scriptures out of their proper context declare a rift between James and Paul, or a different
Gospel between Peter and Paul and Jesus.

These are the deceivers who practice eisegesis, extrapolating their own perceptions onto "proof texts" in order to make a case. One should be a Berean and practice exegesis, seeking-out the clear contextual meaning of the Word.

No matter the copy and paste of colorful charts and graphs, and an unlimited ability to type a multitude of invective, when one as Terral posts dogma contrary to God's Word he IS IN ERROR. The Mormons and JWs also have cute little graphics, but are lost in horrendous error.

Romans 5:1,9 “Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:” “Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.” Man’s legal standing with Heaven is one of condemnation, and worthy of the righteous wrath of almighty God. Romans 3:23 “ For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God;”

Justification is the act of God whereby He accepts the blood of Christ as the complete and satisfying sacrifice for all human sin, propitiation, thus changing our legal status and establishing a means of reconciliation with man.

Believers are justified by the grace of God through faith. Titus 3:7 “That being justified
by his grace, we should be made heirs according
to the hope of eternal life.” Romans 3:28

Therefore we conclude that a man is justified
by faith without the deeds of the law.” We
see that the status of man is changed from
that of the condemned to that of an heir,
one who is able to inherit. Thus man is reconciled to God through the propitiation of Jesus Christ and restored to full legal
righteous standing.

If one is truly saved, justified, then the Holy Spirit will begin the process of Sanctification, with the evidence of the Fruit of the Spirit.
The Believer will turn their heart more and more to God, and thus from the heart keep His Commandments,(love the Lord thy God with all
thy heart, soul and mind, and love your neighbor as you would yourself).

The word sanctification means to be set apart. The Holy Spirit is endeavoring to make the believer holy (set apart from the world), and spiritual (set apart to reflect the character of God). This is being accomplished in four phases.

First, the believer at conversion in receiving Christ, is set apart from sin (forgiven) and set apart to Christ, this is preparational sanctification. Matt. 23:19 “Ye fools and blind; for which is greater, the gift, or the altar that sanctifieth the gift.”

Second, the believer is set apart from the worldly realm and is set apart to the Heavenly realm, this is positional sanctification. John 17:21 “That they all may be one, as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us; that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.”

The third form of sanctification sets apart the believer from the “old man” (sin nature), to the “new man” (thirst after righteousness). This is practical sanctification. 1Thess. 5:23 “And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.”

The fourth form of sanctification sets apart from the stain of sin and sets us apart to be presented pure and without blemish before the judgment seat of Christ. This is prospective sanctification. Eph. 5:27 “That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

What could be clearer than the contrast of
fleshly fruit and spiritual fruit found in Galations 5:
Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which
are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

And these are the commandments which we are to keep:

1 John 3:

23: And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.
24: And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adv.Christian
Advanced Member
Member # 3453

[Cross] I must admit I find your reasoning to have a modicum of reason to it; however what you reference to so often as cut and paste Theologians are often (but not always) giving the Scripture that states their views often time better then a 12 page dissertation could do and not commentaries. As to your statement concerning the reading of the Bible, well I will openly admit I need to read God’s Word as much and as often as I can. However I can only pray that the Lord grants me the discernment of His Word for what He desired to say and not allow me to attempt to get out of His Word the things which I think it should say or mean.
As to the offer of my approval to any Christian, well I openly offer my thanks to God and, if you want to call it approval, approval to all who seek after the Lord. In order to be able to quote, or “cut and paste” my brother or sister has to be studying in order to be able to know what to apply.
The fact is your and my interpretation of certain scripture differ on some very basic levels. If I am incorrect in my understanding of God’s Word I pray He opens my eyes. Until that time I must maintain God is the same now and forever, He established the law as a direction to lead man to Christ. Christ came in order that {b]all might be saved[/b] I believe your interpretation of verses such as those in James are slightly in error. God, I believe, dose not intend to draw a line of distinction between Christians. To borrow a phrase from today, I do not believe God is prejudice with in His own. As always my love to all and May God Bless. [Cross] [Prayer]

--------------------

timspong
Advanced Member
Member # 5240

Icon 20 posted      Profile for timspong     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't you guys have Jobs?

--------------------
Yours in Christ
Timothy Michael Spong

Posts: 146 | From: Lagos, Nigeria | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
epouraniois
unregistered

Terral,

Well, are you ready to do some digging?

Paul wrote at least one epistle to the "Dispersion", for Peter says so (2 Pet. 3:15). His own vehement love manifested in Romans 9:1-5 would also make it very likely that he would write to them as well as pray for them as he did. This quote from Habakkuk two has the stamp of Paul all over it thus;
"The just shall live by his faith".
In Romans the stress is laid upon the word "just" (Rom. 1:16,17).
In Galatians the stress is laid upon "faith" (Gal. 3:11).
In Hebrews the stress is laid upon "live" (Heb. 10:38).

No other writer in the N.T. uses Psalm eight in the way that Paul and the author of the Hebrews does.

Notice the peculiar way in which Paul seizes upon the universality of the subjection when the end comes, "It is manifest that He is excepted, which did put all things under Him" (1 Cor. 15:27), and with this compare the peculiar argument of Hebrews two, "For in that He put all in subjection under Him, He left nothing that is not put under Him" (Heb. 2:8).

The way in which a writer quotes Scripture will often prove a guide, and there is one passage, Deuteronomy 32:35, that will link the epistle to the Hebrews with the epistles of Paul, by its very peculiar mode of quoting the words "to Me belongeth vengeance and recompense" (Deut. 32:35). Had Romans 12:19 and Hebrews 10:30 contained a literal quotation of the LXX, it would have proved nothing as to common authorship, but if both passages depart from the LXX, and in the same particulars, a very strong case is made out. Here is the LXX of Deuteronomy 32:35:

En hemera ekdikeseos antapodoso
"In day of vengeance I will recompense."

Here are the two quotations:

"For it is written, Vengeance is Mine, I will repay, saith the Lord" (Rom. 12:19).

"For we know Him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto Me, 1 will recompense, saith the Lord" (Heb. 10:30).

While many may demur, and object that the two passages are not exactly the same. In this way they are cheated by the English translators. Here is the Greek of Romans 12:19:

Emoi ekdikesis, ego antapodsoo, legei kurios. (again as of Hebrews 10:30, for the wording in both places is the same to the letter).

Look now to the way in which certain words are used by Paul and which are used in the same connexions in Hebrews.

* Agon, a word borrowed from the Greek games, and translated "conflict", "contention" , "fight" (Phil. 1:30, Col. 2:1, 1 Thess. 2:2, 1 Tim. 6:12 and 2 Tim. 4:7). The only other occurrence is Hebrews 12:1, "the race that is set before us".

* Athlesis, athleo, sunathleo, are similarly borrowed from the games (Heb. 10:32, Phil. 1:27, 2 Tim. 2:5). In addition it should be noted that in 1 Corinthians 4:9 Paul uses the word theatron, "spectacle", and in Hebrews 10:33 theatrizomenoi, "gazing stock", which reveal the same shrinking and sensitive mind.

* Apekdechomai. This word does not occur anywhere else except in Paul's undoubted epistles, and Hebrews. It means always expectation in connexion with the second coming of the Lord (Heb. 9:28, 1 Cor. 1:7, Phil. 3:20).

* Douleia, "bondage", occurs only in Romans, Galatians and Hebrews. Bondage of corruption, bondage of the fear of death, are associated ideas.

* Intercession (entugchano) (Rom. 8:27, Heb, 7:25).

The writer of Hebrew speaks of our brother Timothy (Heb. 13:23). In the opening of 2 Corinthians and of Colossians, Timothy is called "our brother", while the idea that Timothy would "come" and that "shortly" is found in 1 Corinthians 16:10, 1 Thessalonians 3:6 and Philippians 2:19,24. Timothy, by reason of his parentage, had been circumcised and would be accepted by the Hebrew Christians.

It is often said that Paul's name does not occur in the epistle. That is so, but his sign manual is there for all to see.

2Th 3:17
The salutation of Paul with mine own hand, which is the token in every epistle: so I write.
2Th 3:18
The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

Paul, he drew attention to the fact that he wrote "like this" where not only the handwriting itself is referred to, a proof in itself, and one accepted today in banks, wills, leases, contracts, judgments, marriages, births and deaths, but also that he adopted a certain phrase, which added to the proof of his identity.

"Which is the TOKEN in EVERY epistle: so I write." Something therefore Paul assured the reader he would write, and that he would write it in every epistle. This of necessity would also demand Divine supervision to prevent anyone else using the same terms at the close of an epistle-otherwise the object would be defeated. "So I write" (2 Thess. 3:17). Then follows, in the handwriting of Paul himself, the words "The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen" (2 Thess. 3:18). Now if each of the thirteen epistles that bear the name ofPaul be examined, it will be found that each has a benediction which uses the phrase "Grace . . . with you" in a variety of ways.

2 Corinthians concludes with the longest and fullest of these benedictions, and Titus ends with one of the shortest, "Grace be with you all. Amen" (Tit. 3:15). It is with these identical words that the epistle to the Hebrews closes. Shall we not therefore be compelled to accept this "sign-manual" of the Apostle, and maintain that Paul was the writer of the epistle to the Hebrews? This is the one anonymous epistle of the twenty-one that are found in the N.T. Why should the writer of any epistle suppress his identity? When we remember the deep prejudice of the Jew, and of the Jewish Christians, and Paul's sensitiveness concerning them, and that he should give none offence, neither to Jew, Gentile nor church of God, and that he was not sent as an Apostle to them, can we supply any adequate reason to account for the withholding of the writer's name.

Additionally, it may be objected that the letters do not have the same tonal quality, the style is too different. I submit that you look at your own letters over the years and see if they are all exaclty the same then.

In The Berean Expositor, Volumes xxxiv and xxxv, will be found a series entitled "Comparing spiritual things with spiritual". A series of comparisons between the epistles to the Hebrews and to the Ephesians in relation to their respective spheres and callings. We cannot afford the space to reprint this series, but following the lead given by the Apostle in Hebrews 8:1, we do give the "sum" of the things we discovered and set out in those articles.

* Comparison No. 1. Ephesians, like the bulk of Paul's epistles, contains in its salutation the name "Paul", and his apostolic office. This indicates that he writes with full apostolic authority. It is not called a "word of exhortation" which the readers are called upon "to suffer" as in Hebrews, but is the revelation of a secret portion of the Divine plan presented to their faith by an accredited apostle. The absence of the name and office of Paul from Hebrews indicates that he was writing in a private capacity to those whose calling and sphere did not fall within the dispensation granted to him. This in no sense alters its inspiration, but it does call upon all who read it to exercise discrimination, lest they confound things that differ.

* Comparison No. 2. Ephesians is most definitely and exclusively addressed to "Gentiles" . This word never appears in Hebrews, which uses instead, the words "the fathers" and "the people", neither of which finds a place in the epistle to the Ephesians, nor do these terms pertain to the dispensation of the grace of God entrusted to Paul the prisoner "for you Gentiles" .

* Comparison No. 3. Hebrews is full of references to "angels": Ephesians does not once mention them but stresses the exaltation of the Lord above "principalities", a term not found in Hebrews. Yet both epistles quote Psalm eight, in reference to the Lord's exaltation, speaking, in Hebrews, of the Lord's relation to angels, and, in Ephesians of His relation to principalities and powers, two different spheres in glory being thus indicated.

* Comparison No. 4. While both Ephesians and Hebrews quote Psalm eight, the epistle to the Hebrews leaves us in no doubt that it speaks of the "habitable world to come" (oikoumene), whereas the context of the quotation of Psalm eight in Ephesians goes beyond the habitable world, beyond the present heavens to that place which is described as far above all principality and power, and speaks of Christ as "Head" and His church as "the body, the fulness of Him that filleth all in all".

* Comparison No. 5. Redemption by blood is found both in Ephesians and Hebrews; so also is the forgiveness of sins, but in Hebrews this redemption and forgiveness is associated with the old and new covenants. So also "access" in Hebrews is related to the new covenant and a different Greek word from that used in Ephesians is employed. The Ephesian saints had been "made nigh" whereas the Hebrews are exhorted to "draw near".

* Comparison No. 6. Both in Hebrews and in Ephesians the outstanding position of Christ is "seated at the right hand of God", but in Hebrews, He is seen seated there as "the High Priest" whereas in Ephesians He is seated there as "The Head". In Ephesians, the believer is looked upon as being seated with Him, in Hebrews He is there alone. In the whole of Paul's thirteen epistles there is not a single reference either to a priest or to a high priest, yet, without these offices, the teaching of Hebrews could not proceed. An examination of the Scriptures written prior to the law of Sinai, reveals that sacrifices were offered, not by a priest, but by the head of a family or tribe. Priesthood is thus linked with Israel, but the Gentile calling of Ephesians is linked with Christ as Head.

* Comparison No. 7. The word diatheke, "covenant", lies at the heart of Hebrews. No covenant, old or new, enters into the teaching of Ephesians. The "seated Priest" of Hebrews is the Mediator of the new covenant, but this is entirely foreign to the calling or dispensation of Ephesians. In the place occupied by the new covenant in Hebrews, Ephesians places "The Mystery".

* Comparison No. 8. The hope of both epistles, when examined and compared, reveals the same associations that have marked all the preceding studies. "Prove all things, hold fast that which is good."

Hebrews
Things accompanying salvation
6:9
Philippians
Work out salvation
2:12

H
Heavenly city
11:10; 12,22
P
Citizenship in heaven
3:20

H
Reproach
11:26; 13:13
P
Fellowship of sufferings
3:10

H
Reward
10:35, 11:26
P
Prize
3:14

H
The race set before us
12:1
P
I press toward the mark
3:14

H
Leaving. . . let us go on
6:1,2
P
Forgetting things behind
3:13

H
Obtain a better resurrection (Condition attached)
11:35
P
Attain unto an out-resurrection (Condition attached)
3:11

H
Power of His resurrection
13:20
P
Power of His resurrection
3:10

H
Work in . . . His will
13:21
P
Work in . . . His will
2:13

H
Christ the Image
1:3
P
Christ the Form
2:6

H
A little lower than angels
2:9
P
No reputation . . . He humbled Himself
2:7,8

H
Cross endured for the joy and used as example
12:1,2
P
Cross suffered . . . wherefore exalted . . . Let this mind be in you
2:5,9

H
Crucify to themselves afresh
6:6
P
Enemies of the Cross of Christ
3:18

H
PERFECTION
(6:1, 10:39)
OR
P
PERDITION
(3:12,19)

H
Fight of afflictions (athlesis)
10:32
P
Strive together (sunathleo)
1:27,4:3

H
Discernment
5:14
P
Discernment . . . differ
1:9,10

H
Look diligently lest. . . Esau
12:15
P
Mark them that walk
3:17

H
For one morsel of meat sold his birthright
12:16
P
Whose God is their belly
3:19

H
That generation - tempted God in the wilderness
3:7-10
P
Perverse generation . . . do . . . without murmurings
2:14,15

H
Be content with such as ye have
13:5
P
Whatsoever state content
4:11

H
Communicate
13:16
P
Communicate
4:14,15

H
With such sacrifices well pleased
13:16
P
Sacrifice. . . sweet smell, well pleasing
4:18

H
Fruit of righteousness
12:11
P
Fruit of righteousness
1:11

H
Compassion in bonds
10:34
P
Partaker in bonds
1:7

H
Whose faith follow (mimsomai)
13:7
P
Be followers together of me (summimetes)
3:17

H
Ye took joyfully the spoiling of your goods
P
Let your moderation be known unto all men
4:5

H
You have in heaven an enduring substance (huparchonta)
P
Our citizenship is in heaven (huparcho)
3:20

H
Salutation from Italy
13:24
P
Salutation from Caesar's household
4:22

H
Paul's sign manual
13 :25
P
Paul's sign manual
4:23

This can be done throughout the remainder of Paul's epistles as well, and for me, at least, it does become clear that not one of the authored epistles are signed in the way that the Holy Spirit was able to safeguard for that of Paul the apostle, and each of the examples set forth above are handled in a way that suggests a common author.

There is, of course, much more, but alas...if one is not persuaded by the volumous amount of similarity here,then one is unlikely to receive it no matter the similitudenous qualifiers showing this forth.

epouraniois
unregistered

I have some pics from the chapel of the open book, lets see if they are helpful, and if they will show up here:

-

-

-

-

http://www.bibleunderstanding.com/topicalstudies.htm

Adv.Christian
Advanced Member
Member # 3453

Terral; I have a question for you. Why do you have such a distain for the, as you call it, cut and paste theologians? I personally have always found it nice to see exactly which scriptures the posters were basing their views on, finding it to be informative. Seems to me the only reason to not like scripture being posted would be a difficulty in disproving it.

--------------------

epouraniois
unregistered

quote:
There is an ongoing debate among Dispensationalists as to which books of the New Testament were written to Christians today.
YES, SOME BOOKS HAVE OUR NAME ON THE ENVELOPE WHILE OTHERS WERE WRITTEN TO GOD'S OTHER CHILDREN

ISN'T THAT A GOOD THING HE DID NOT LEAVE US OUT?

First and foremost, the first thing Christ did upon opening the Book was to practice rightly dividing the word of truth, and the dispesationalist recognizes that God uses the word dispensation, calls His outworking by the word dispensation, and does in fact proceed in His plan of redemption by advancing His administrations to different people in different times.

Right now, He is building a body for the heavenly citizenship.

This is what every Bible believer should believe:

2Ti 3:16
"All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness"

The problem today, is that people fail to recognize that the leaders of the Christian community teach them they can have Israel's things but without Israel's punishments.

If it were simply realized that God told the church they must rightly divide the word of truth, they would try to see why God has said this. Which leads to the second falisy of the thread:

There is no such thing as Pauline doctrine or Pauline anything, again:

2Ti 3:16
"All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness"

Now if anyone has a specific issue in seeing why God has commanded that His word be, now, rightly divided, I should be most willing to show the verses.

Attacking other Cjristians because of a different viewpoint is very nonChristian, or is it? I can't really say based upon so much Christian behavior, acting poorly and judging others seems to have become very Christian like in many churches.

Say it ain't so.

All Scripture
is God Breathed

Is profitable for doctrine

For reproof

For correction

For instruction in righteousness

AND IN THAT ORDER!!!

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

BEWARE OF THE THEOLOGY OF TERRAL AND EPOURANIAS!!!!!

Hyper-Dispensationalism, also known as Ultra-Dispensationalism, is the name given to Dispensationalists who believe Paul was the first member of the body of Christ. The word "Hyper" does not imply anything negative; instead, it only designates those who take Dispensationalism further than Traditional Dispensationalists do. Among Hyper-Dispensationalists, there are two major divisions, commonly known as the mid-Acts viewpoint (which takes its name from the belief that Paul became the first member of the body of Christ during the mid-Acts period), and the Acts 28 viewpoint (which takes its name from the belief that only Paul's prison and Pastoral epistles, which were written after Acts chapter 28, apply directly to the church in this present dispensation of grace).

There is an ongoing debate among Dispensationalists as to which books of the New Testament were written to Christians today. The outcome of this debate is directly associated with when the present church began. Traditional Dispensationalists believe the church began sometime between the birth of Christ and Acts chapter 2, and that the majority (if not all) of the New Testament was written to the church today. By contrast, most Pauline Dispensationalists (also known as Hyper-Dispensationalists or Ultra-Dispensationalists) believe the church began with the apostle Paul at some point during the book of Acts. Consequently, most Pauline Dispensationalists believe that only some or all of Paul's epistles were written directly to Christians today. Among Hyper-Dispensationalists, those in the Acts 28 category don't believe the present church began until Acts 28 (or shortly thereafter), which means that only the epistles Paul wrote after that time apply to the church today. The Opposing Views category is for sites that address the debate between these differing viewpoints.

Progressive Dispensationalism teaches that certain promises concerning the New Covenant are currently being fulfilled by the church today, in the dispensation of grace. These promises initially began to be fulfilled when the Lord established the New Covenant with the believing "remnant" of Israel. Upon His ascension, the Lord began ruling on the throne of David in Heaven. Subsequently, the prophesied salvation of Gentiles began to be fulfilled in this present dispensation of grace, when the apostle Paul was sent to the Gentiles. At that time, believing Gentiles also began to partake of the New Covenant promises.

Traditional Dispensationalism maintains a firm distinction between the Church and the nation of Israel. Many Traditional Dispensationalists may also teach that there are certain Pauline "truths" that are unique to Paul's epistles. While most Traditional Dispensationalists do not place undue emphasis upon Pauline doctrine, there are always exceptions.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++

Luke 1:
1: Forasmuch as many have taken in hand to set forth in order a declaration of those things which are most surely believed among us,
2: Even as they delivered them unto us, which from the beginning were eyewitnesses, and ministers of the word;
3: It seemed good to me also, having had perfect understanding of all things from the very first, to write unto thee in order, most excellent Theophilus,
4: That thou mightest know the certainty of those things, wherein thou hast been instructed.

Acts 1:
1: The former treatise have I made, O Theophilus, of all that Jesus began both to do and teach,
2: Until the day in which he was taken up, after that he through the Holy Ghost had given commandments unto the apostles whom he had chosen:

1 Peter 1:

1: Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia,
2: Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.
3: Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
4: To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,
5: Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

2 Peter 1:
1: Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:
2: Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,
3: According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
4: Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
5: And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;
6: And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;
7: And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.
8: For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Cor. 1:
1: Paul, called to be an apostle of Jesus Christ through the will of God, and Sosthenes our brother,
2: Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours:
3: Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.
4: I thank my God always on your behalf, for the grace of God which is given you by Jesus Christ;
5: That in every thing ye are enriched by him, in all utterance, and in all knowledge;
6: Even as the testimony of Christ was confirmed in you:
7: So that ye come behind in no gift; waiting for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ:
8: Who shall also confirm you unto the end, that ye may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.
9: God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.
10: Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.
11: For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you.
12: Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.
13: Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?
14: I thank God that I baptized none of you, but Crispus and Gaius;
15: Lest any should say that I had baptized in mine own name.
16: And I baptized also the household of Stephanas: besides, I know not whether I baptized any other.
17: For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.
18: For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
19: For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.
20: Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
21: For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.
22: For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:
23: But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;
24: But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.
25: Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
26: For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:
27: But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
28: And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:
29: That no flesh should glory in his presence.
30: But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:
31: That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

The writings/Books of the New Testament were written for and to Believers.

3 John 1:
1: The elder unto the wellbeloved Gaius, whom I love in the truth.
2: Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.
3: For I rejoiced greatly, when the brethren came and testified of the truth that is in thee, even as thou walkest in the truth.
4: I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.
5: Beloved, thou doest faithfully whatsoever thou doest to the brethren, and to strangers;
6: Which have borne witness of thy charity before the church: whom if thou bring forward on their journey after a godly sort, thou shalt do well:
7: Because that for his name's sake they went forth, taking nothing of the Gentiles.
8: We therefore ought to receive such, that we might be fellowhelpers to the truth.
9: I wrote unto the church: but Diotrephes, who loveth to have the preeminence among them, receiveth us not.
10: Wherefore, if I come, I will remember his deeds which he doeth, prating against us with malicious words: and not content therewith, neither doth he himself receive the brethren, and forbiddeth them that would, and casteth them out of the church.
11: Beloved, follow not that which is evil, but that which is good. He that doeth good is of God: but he that doeth evil hath not seen God.
12: Demetrius hath good report of all men, and of the truth itself: yea, and we also bear record; and ye know that our record is true.
13: I had many things to write, but I will not with ink and pen write unto thee:
14: But I trust I shall shortly see thee, and we shall speak face to face. Peace be to thee. Our friends salute thee. Greet the friends by name.

2 John 1:
1: The elder unto the elect lady and her children, whom I love in the truth; and not I only, but also all they that have known the truth;
2: For the truth's sake, which dwelleth in us, and shall be with us for ever.
3: Grace be with you, mercy, and peace, from God the Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in truth and love.
4: I rejoiced greatly that I found of thy children walking in truth, as we have received a commandment from the Father.
5: And now I beseech thee, lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment unto thee, but that which we had from the beginning, that we love one another.
6: And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.
7: For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
8: Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward.
9: Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.
10: If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:
11: For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.
12: Having many things to write unto you, I would not write with paper and ink: but I trust to come unto you, and speak face to face, that our joy may be full.
13: The children of thy elect sister greet thee. Amen.

1 John 1:
1: That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;
2: (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us
3: That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.
4: And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full.
5: This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.
6: If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:
7: But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

John 1:
1: In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2: The same was in the beginning with God.
3: All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
4: In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
5: And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
6: There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.
7: The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.
8: He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.
9: That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.
10: He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
11: He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
12: But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
13: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
14: And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
_
Every jot and tittle of His Word is living Water for my soul, a lamp unto my feet. I was shocked that the hyper-dispensationalists would wrest scripture and declare Paul to have new revelation and to be given precedence over other sections of God's Word.

2 Tim 3:
14: But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;
15: And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
16: All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Paul was not writing to Timothy of his writings but of ALL of God's glorious Word.

The Ethiopean eunuch was reading from Isaiah, when Brother Phillip preached the Gospel.

All of the New Testament was written to Blood-bought, Born-again children of the Living God. The Book of Luke and Acts was written to the Greeks. The Book of Matthew was written to the Jews and thus we find the passages which say,"Kingdom of Heaven" rather than "Kingdom of God" because of the Jewish sensitivity to the use of God's name.

The Gospel which was preached on the day of Pentecost, at which time 3000 of our Believing Brethern came to Christ, is the same Gospel preached by Phillip, John, and Paul. Our Lord declared:

John 3:

Acts 3:
13: The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go.
14: But ye denied the Holy One and the Just, and desired a murderer to be granted unto you;
15: And killed the Prince of life, whom God hath raised from the dead; whereof we are witnesses.
16: And his name through faith in his name hath made this man strong, whom ye see and know: yea, the faith which is by him hath given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all.
17: And now, brethren, I wot that through ignorance ye did it, as did also your rulers.
18: But those things, which God before had shewed by the mouth of all his prophets, that Christ should suffer, he hath so fulfilled.
19: Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;
20: And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:
21: Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.
22: For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you.
23: And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.
24: Yea, and all the prophets from Samuel and those that follow after, as many as have spoken, have likewise foretold of these days.
25: Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed.
26: Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.

Acts 8:
5: Then Philip went down to the city of Samaria, and preached Christ unto them.
6: And the people with one accord gave heed unto those things which Philip spake, hearing and seeing the miracles which he did.
7: For unclean spirits, crying with loud voice, came out of many that were possessed with them: and many taken with palsies, and that were lame, were healed.
8: And there was great joy in that city.

Acts 11:
12: And the spirit bade me go with them, nothing doubting. Moreover these six brethren accompanied me, and we entered into the man's house:
13: And he shewed us how he had seen an angel in his house, which stood and said unto him, Send men to Joppa, and call for Simon, whose surname is Peter;
14: Who shall tell thee words, whereby thou and all thy house shall be saved.
15: And as I began to speak, the Holy Ghost fell on them, as on us at the beginning.
16: Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost.
17: Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could withstand God?
18: When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.
19: Now they which were scattered abroad upon the persecution that arose about Stephen travelled as far as Phenice, and Cyprus, and Antioch, preaching the word to none but unto the Jews only.
20: And some of them were men of Cyprus and Cyrene, which, when they were come to Antioch, spake unto the Grecians, preaching the Lord Jesus.
21: And the hand of the Lord was with them: and a great number believed, and turned unto the Lord.
22: Then tidings of these things came unto the ears of the church which was in Jerusalem: and they sent forth Barnabas, that he should go as far as Antioch.
23: Who, when he came, and had seen the grace of God, was glad, and exhorted them all, that with purpose of heart they would cleave unto the Lord.
24: For he was a good man, and full of the Holy Ghost and of faith: and much people was added unto the Lord.
25: Then departed Barnabas to Tarsus, for to seek Saul:
26: And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.
27: And in these days came prophets from Jerusalem unto Antioch.
28: And there stood up one of them named Agabus, and signified by the spirit that there should be great dearth throughout all the world: which came to pass in the days of Claudius Caesar.
29: Then the disciples, every man according to his ability, determined to send relief unto the brethren which dwelt in Judaea:
30: Which also they did, and sent it to the elders by the hands of Barnabas and Saul.

The Holy Ghost who inspired the sacred writings of Paul to Believers is the same Spirit of Truth who inspired the sacred writings of the Gospels, the Book of Acts, the entire New Testament, to Believers, our Brethren who spread forth from the Day of Pentecost. To propose a Pauline Dispensation, and to separate the Brethren on the day of Pentecost from the Brethren under Paul's apostleship, is a wresting of scripture. The Church Age, the Dispensation of Grace began with the empowering of the 120 in the Upper Room, and will conclude with our Glorious Reuniuon with our Lord in the air.

Acts 1:
3: To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God:
4: And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me.
5: For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.
6: When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?
7: And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.
8: But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
9: And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.
10: And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;
11: Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

Acts 2:
21: And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Romans 10:

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement