Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » New Age movement is deception!

Author Topic: New Age movement is deception!
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good reports, Daniel19 and Pleasemaranatha. I too was saved from New Age. New Age was a never-ending string along of always trying to feel a bit more achieved and superior to the next spiritual devotee.

But the Devil was in the details. No sooner had I learned this latest detail, there were millions more details (devils) waiting in the wings that I was supposed to learn.

One day I came to see the unity of life and the endless details became very unimportant that day.

But that did not make me a Christian. Christianity requires that I come to the place where I realize, or admit, that I am a sinner and that I need help. That's the complete opposite of New Age in which one "feels superior over others because of one's spiritual accomplishments".

Anyway, I'm thankful to be out of New Age. I was saved by stopping to listen what the silly Christians had to say at "The Quiet Hour". This time I stayed too long and got saved. Poor devil.

The Christian religion is a loving religiion, a religion of thankfulness and princely words and strength.

BORN AGAIN in the USA by the [Cross]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pleasemaranatha
Advanced Member
Member # 5150

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Pleasemaranatha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For years my heart longed for loving grandparents to cuddle and nurture my children. In 1982 and 1983 My husbands real biological father became reunited with him, for the first time after 25 years. I was thrilled. He had a new wife and 4 grown children. After time went on and they loved into our family and children I found out there was a problem.

You see the devil knew my deepest desire for grandparents love. There wasn't any other in their lives before this. Everything looked bright on the surface.

My father-in-law started coming over to the house constantly alone.For months this went on. He claimed to be Christian and used the bible to his purpose. He took things out of context. Now, I didn't want to say anything negative to my husband about his new father....he didn't want to say anything either. My husband was concerned about the time spent with me. It was weird.

One day the father-in-law said I didn't need to read the bible anymore or be concerned about the unsaved in the world. He admitted he believed in the reincarnation. That was when the bells and whistles really went off with warning. You see he was into the new age movement ...big time. Later I found out from his wife that she just laughed it off and didn't take it seriously. His car was full of materials on this movement. He had been recruiting followers for years. He took jobs where he could evangelize his evil.

Sitting on a parking lot with my husband one night.......we both just started opening up on this subject. Then we agreed how dangerous he was. We broke it off with love and a speech. They were never to contact us again. We didn't hate them. We forgave them but had to distance our family away from theirs. For months I talked to his wife about all of this. She said she couldn't get him to stop. She and her children were Christians. My father-in-law was supposedly a Christian at one time as well.

Anyway, I didn't ever feel what we did was wrong. It is like inviting the devil into the house if we were to let it continue.

So my point is, what out for the enemy. He will use your hearts desire to try and turn us away from the Lord.

The people used by satan need our forgiveness and prayers lifted high. But we do not need to entertain or welcome them into our homes just because we are christians.

God Bless

--------------------
My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning. Psalms 130 verse 6

Joyce

Posts: 308 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daniel19
Community Member
Member # 5381

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daniel19   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
2 Timothy 4:3 "For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;"

1 Timothy 4:1 "Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;"

Mark 13:22 "For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall show signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible , even the elect."

I was once very much into the New Age, decieved by the seducing spirits and doctrines of devils.

I thought that i was "spiritualy evolving", and that i was being "enlightened". Something was still missing though, and i couldnt quite put my finger on what it was.

This went on for about 4 years, with a terrible feeling of dread that would not dissapate.

One day i sat down and watched a video exposing the New Age, and explaining the Christian religion, that humanity is fallen, and is in need of repentance.

This video shook me to the core, that night i did something very strange to me at the time, I prayed to the Lord Jesus Christ for forgiveness and he came into my heart at that moment, overwhelming joy overtook me, and the tears fell. The terrible feeling left me, and a huge burden was lifted from my heart.

Since then my eyes have been opened to the deception of the New Age, and many other things in this world that were hidden from me by this evil, neferious deception.

If you want to get to the core of what the New Age movement is, look up Helena Petrovna Blavatsky (founder of the Theosophical society), and her deciple Alice A. Bailey, founder of the Lucis (Lucifer) trust.

The New Age offers enlightenment, an alternative path to your own spirituality, in which you pick and choose your own gods. In our fallen state the seducing spirits involved in this movement easily dupe those who are not covered with the blood of Jesus Christ.

To put it bluntly, the New Age offers flashy meditation, the promise of seemingly god-like powers, and of course enlightenment, baited hooks to pull in the lost.

This path leads to what is called a "Luciferian initiation."

David Spangler, a prominent New Age guru who was a key figure in the movement in the 70's, says something very interesting,

"No one will enter the New World Order unless he or she will make a pledge to worship Lucifer. No one will enter the New Age unless he will take a Luciferian Initiation."

2Corinthians 11:14 "And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. .
Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works."

--------------------
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man brave, hated, and scorned. When his cause succeeds, however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Samuel Clemens

Posts: 16 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PetriFB
Advanced Member
Member # 4979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PetriFB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you believe in doctrine of reincarnation, so it is very probable, that you have assumed also a view of many ways to God; in other words it is an ordinary view of the New Age movement, that God is like on a high mountain, where many ways lead.

For many have at least thought, that ways, religions can indeed be various, but finally they all will lead to the same direction, to the same God. And finally, when people then are on the peak, they will indeed observe that they have arrived at the same place and on the peak of the same mountain; in other words they have arrived at there, even though they have come there by different ways.

Jesus said very clearly, that only he is the only way to God, which thus excludes thought about many ways. In the same way he presented several other claims about himself. How these words therefore fit together with the preceding viewpoint?

Generally people forbid it, that Jesus would have lied, but if for example the next words, which he pronounced, are not true, so they must be lie. Also we claim Jesus then a liar, if we don't believe in the next statements and that they are true:

Jesus said that he is the only way to the Father God:

- (John 14:5-6) Thomas said to him, "Lord, we don't know where you are going, so how can we know the way?"

6. Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Jesus said, that believing in him is important:

- (John 8:23-25) But he continued, "You are from below; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world.

24. I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I am the one I claim to be, you will indeed die in your sins."

25.”Who are you?" they asked. “Just what I have been claiming all along,” Jesus replied.

He said, that by turning to him we can get life:

- (John 5:40) yet you refuse to come to me to have life.

He said, that he is the gate to salvation and the good shepherd:

- (John 10:9-11) I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved. He will come in and go out, and find pasture.

10. The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.

11.”I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.

He promised to give rest burdened souls and said, that he is gentle and humble in heart:

- (Matt 11:28-30) "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.

29. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

30. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

He said, that he had spoken truth:

- (John 8:45-46) Yet because I tell the truth, you do not believe me!

46. Can any of you prove me guilty of sin? If I am telling the truth, why don't you believe me?

http://koti.phnet.fi/elohim/manywaystoGod

Posts: 162 | From: Finland | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement