Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » one thing I like about participating on this CBBS

Author Topic: one thing I like about participating on this CBBS
epouraniois
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
that you learn best by participating
I can vouch for that, as I didn't know how mean I could be till I looked back at some of my first posts some 1.5 years ago. I have lots of work to do, and many thanks to give for all those who put up with my attempt in digging into the withWord.

I think it behooves us to begin to use the language that the Lord has used, for that is what [it] is written for, that we may know Him.

Notice that Jesus the Christ never permitted anyone to sit on the preverbial, nor the literal fence, each story is one of contrast, presenting us with the example that one must have a determination other than being luke warn. None of us are simply there. Each member is equally important and a part of the whole of the body. Christ taught that a house divided cannot stand and he who shall save his life shall lose it, and all the wonderful figures given us for our learning, show forth a wonderful example. The ultimate example and so making peace, "whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption".

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a longtime friend who is not a Christian, but we shared golf and hot springs and camping and eating good in an Italian restaurant and other activities. So we went to a certain hot springs/campground for 4 days.

comparing a believer with an unbeliever.

my non-Christian friend said to me at one point "you are more flexible than me; if someone has stung me, I dont' forgive them; that's it."

"he rocked their tiny king among the hay"

I found that my non-Christian friend was "meaner than me" and "rougher than me" in regards the way he treated the traffic in front of us, more "G_ddamns" than I'm used to, more "other kinds of cuss words".

One thing I like about participating on this CBBS is that I learn how to talk without all those "s...." and "f..." and "g.....mn" that unbelievers use a lot more.

there is this verse in the Bible:

Matthew 12:37
For by your words shall you be justified, and by your words shall you be condemned.

For a long time I have believed that this means that, at the resurrection, the Lord will have us before His throne, and He will look into His Book of Life, and then He will look down and say that the next person: "Please start talking, Son or Daughter", assuming first of all that s/he will be a Son or a Daughter.

But after hearing her or him speak, not being in practice on a CBBS to learn how to talk right before the Lord, that unbelieving friend of mine began to say "s...." and "f..." and "g....mn" and "by his words he was condemned" for lack of practice on a CBBS.

All you who are only listening, let this be a caution to you, that you learn best by participating, lest you get caught by your speech:

Judges 12
6Then said they unto him, Say now Shibboleth: and he said Sibboleth: for he could not frame to pronounce it right. Then they took him, and slew him at the passages of Jordan: and there fell at that time of the Ephraimites forty and two thousand.

"you don't have to worry, you don't have to be afraid, joy comes in the morning, for there's a friend in Jesus, who will wipe your tears away, and if your heart is broken, just lift your hands and say, mo matter what may come in my way, my life is in His resurrected hands, the Lord comes in the morning, trouble stays away, oh, there's a friend in Jesus who will wipe your tears away."

I get so much practice here "talking in a nice way" and "rejoicing because I am glad in the victory won" and "I am glad in God's Own Son who took my feet out of the miry clay and set my feet up on a rock to stay"

I could go on for hours about Him and about His Father and about the Holy Spirit that eventually He will say, "Thank you, Son, I have heard enough, "enter you into the joy of the Lord, whose good pleasure it is to give you the kingdom."

start practicing speaking and learning of Them while it is yet day:

John 9:4
I must work the works of Him who sent Me, while it is day: the night comes, when no man can work.

(lyrics by Brooklyin Tabernacle Choir, Christian Be Glad CD}

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement