Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » here today, gone that night

Author Topic: here today, gone that night
lonlesol
Advanced Member
Member # 4511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lonlesol   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Born Again for your prayer, I sooo appreciate it... [hug]

There is so much I would like to say about this, but I will have to wait until after Christmas when I will be alone in the house...

Posts: 478 | From: Quebec | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For prayer:

lonlesol writes
quote:
My husband wants nothing to do with all of this...he won't accept Jesus as his Savior or repent for his sins...he knows that I read the Bible a lot and thinks that I am nuts to think of the Lord every day...I am very concerned for his salvation...
Amen, Father I pray for this family, LORD God of Israel, bless sister lonlesol now with a willing husband, I ask You Father, not only "call her husband but also choose her husband", in Yahshua's Holy Name, I pray it for them, halleluyah.

I am BORN AGAIN in the USA by the [Cross] of God Yahshua-Jesus of Bethlehem-Judan, as Micah 5:2 said

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

chere sueur lonlesol, il parait que frere epouraniois croit que dans la fin des fins, tout le monde sera sauver. Il y en a des personnes qui croyent ainsi.

Moi, je crois que seulement une pourcentage de toute la population historique de la terre, sera sauve, et la reste, envoye, ou plutot renvoye, aux tiniebles ou il aura des grinces et ecrase des dents.

Bless the LORD God of Israel, I am BORN AGAIN by the [Cross] of Yahshua-Irael

lonlesol
Advanced Member
Member # 4511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lonlesol   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I believe you are absolutely correct about this, if people aren't interested in where the joy comes from, or if people have not the love for the truth, it is between them and the Lord, besides, God has made provisions even for this, even if the person never knew the grace principle, never fell from the grace principle, the grace principle is set forth and by it the whole world shall be saved, although many like this are sure to have lost their reward, waking to to fed at God's table for a thousand years.
epouraniois...Could you please explain this to me in terms that I may understand better? This is something that I don't understand at all...Please do keep in mind that I am a French speaking person...

My husband wants nothing to do with all of this...he won't accept Jesus as his Savior or repent for his sins...he knows that I read the Bible a lot and thinks that I am nuts to think of the Lord every day...I am very concerned for his salvation...

Thank you so much!...

Posts: 478 | From: Quebec | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Titus
Advanced Member
Member # 4394

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Titus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The star of David has six points (a hexagram) whereas the five pointed star is a pentagram. Other than they are both stars, they really don't have anything else in common. If you snap off the stalk of the eastern USA wildflower commonly known as 'Solomon's Seal' (Polygonatum) you will find a six pointed hexagram on the tuber where the stalk met the root.

Titus

Posts: 27 | From: Indiana | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Homebound
Advanced Member
Member # 1699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Homebound     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Born Again: FYI: Here's an interesting site about five-pointed stars -- scroll down to neo-pagan use for the star with a circle around it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentagram

Also, looks like the Star of David has 6 points:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_of_David

A lot of people probably wear this stuff and have no idea of what it means. I recently heard some interesting stuff out about "Sarah Coventry" jewelry -- standing for "Sarah's Coven." Older relatives of mine had some pieces -- never made the association before, though it was pretty obvious.

Posts: 40 | From: Michigan | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My deepest sympathy on the death of this man. We have no guarantee of tomorrow. I am sorry that the opportunities of sharing Christ with this lost soul are gone, and for all the failed opportunities that we all let slip by.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

The LORD God of Israel works in mysterious ways.

about 6 months before this man died, he had gotten two kitty cats (two black sistas), because our house is old and rats like the warmth, and my co-landlord is a trapper and not a rat killer.

anyway, he and I suddenly inherited two cute adolescent sister cats who will do a good job at keeping the rats away.

and these two sisters are so-o-o-o cute! It will be a bit of a pain in the kazootspa, but they are awfully cute and are great rat guards.

anyway, as I said, the LORD God of Israel who created the heavens and the earth works in mysterious ways...

BORN AGAIN
unregistered

this guy who died had two finger rings which had a five-pointed star in a circle, and also a necklace with a five-pointed star in a circle.

I felt like calling it a "Satanic pentegram" but the star of David, does it have five points and where does that symbol come from?

this guy was not a Christian, but he was wearing five-pointed star symbols.

I know Lucifer-Satan is an imitator, but what is Lucifer-Satan imitating?

May the LORD YHWH bless and protect all of us. I am BORN AGAIN in the USA by the [Cross] of Yahshua-Jesus, raised in Nazareth, but born in Bethlehem of Judah, as Micah 5:2 said would happen
"Christian School for Internet Church Typists"
BORN AGAIN

BORN AGAIN
unregistered

HisGrace writes to BORN AGAIN
quote:
I'm sure you will really miss him.
he was actually one of our more annoying tenants that we've had over the years, in that he was all the time in the public areas of the house instead of in his room, and I constantly had to clean up after him, as he left his stuff all over the place all the time.

other than the fact that he died right in the room right across from me and the door of the room has been knocked off by the emergency crew and that I have to pay for the room myself now, he was ironically "good riddance".

God bless, [Cross] BORN AGAIN

HisGrace
unregistered

Sorry to hear about your 'fellow tenant' BORN AGAIN.

I'm sure you will really miss him.

Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Miguel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am in desire to share few words on this matter, BA have touch something that I deal with every day in my Gift Shop. In my every day life I see people come and go and if I can count how many of them I have told them about my Savior is not that many; yes I do from time to time wait for the moment in a particular person (s) to speak about Jesus, after all is a Gift Shop and the nature of the sinful human would be like (is it not this a Gift Shop why art thou preaching unto us about a Savior!) that would be one of the reaction I would get if I begging to speak about Jesus. But you now I have learn and see that God is Sovereign in all that He does while I am been careful in this matter of bringing the gospel to those that come inside the gift shop God have already establish His will, people come to me and asked me if the truck that have Rom 9:11-16 is mine and I tell them yes is my truck! from there you can imagine if you can what takes place. I asked my Father to help me in this area for even do my assurance of salvation is in His hand we are commanded to go out and preach the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Mar 8:27 And Jesus went out, and his disciples, into the towns of Caesarea Philippi: and by the way he asked his disciples, saying unto them, Whom do men say that I am?
Mar 8:28 And they answered, John the Baptist: but some say, Elias; and others, One of the prophets.
Mar 8:29 And he saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? And Peter answereth and saith unto him, Thou art the Christ.
Mar 8:30 And he charged them that they should tell no man of him.
Mar 8:31 And he began to teach them, that the Son of man must suffer many things, and be rejected of the elders, and of the chief priests, and scribes, and be killed, and after three days rise again.
Mar 8:32 And he spake that saying openly. And Peter took him, and began to rebuke him.
Mar 8:33 But when he had turned about and looked on his disciples, he rebuked Peter, saying, Get thee behind me, Satan: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but the things that be of men.
Mar 8:34 And when he had called the people unto him with his disciples also, he said unto them, Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
Mar 8:35 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it.
Mar 8:36 For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?
Mar 8:37 Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?
Mar 8:38 Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.

Some times in our lives we are shy but thanks be to God that with His goodness He draweth man unto Him. It is our duty and command to bring the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ knowing that it is He that worketh in you to do and to will of His good pleasure.

May the Lord Jesus Christ worketh in you to do and to will of His good pleasure.

Happy Holidays
Brother MAC

--------------------
Romans 9:11-24

Our Eschatology may vary even our Ecclesiology may be disputed among us but our Soteriology most assume a singularity and exclusivity which in biblical term is known as Quote; "The Narrow Way" and Quote!

Posts: 2792 | From: Stockton,Ca | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
epouraniois
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not going to dig out all the verses Titus, but as you point out, some were chosen from the foundation fo the world, and what is their purpose if it isn't what is written? And what is written if it isn't that all the nations of the world be blessed by the Lord using them as a chosen channel to reach out and teach all the nations from the foundation of the world?

Of course, this does not affect those chosen from before the foundation fo the world, for that is a different choosing.

Whosoever was not chosen from before the foundation of the world to be in the body of Christ will be taught by that nation of priestly kings who reign with Christ during the one thousand years in rule with a rod of iron.

Today, there is only one hope of His calling. It is an heavenly calling. Failure to hear this calling leaves no other Biblical alternitive but to be taught with all the other nations of the world in resurrection. That is what the time of teaching is for; Israel to fulfill her kingdom purpose, the nations to be saved by fire (1Co 3:11-15, Rev 2:11).

Titus
Advanced Member
Member # 4394

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Titus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(Cut and paste) "I don't see how anyone can over ride God's will."

I have also wondered about the sovereignty of God when it comes to the lost. Calvinists say that God has chosen certain people to be saved. That sounds good, but that also means by the same token, He has also NOT chosen certain people, and they are usually called 'the lost' in the scriptures. Proverbs 16:4 actually states this rather plainly: "The LORD has made everything for his own purposes, even the wicked for punishment." Also in Romans 9:21, "Hath not the potter power over the clay of the same lump to make one vessel to honor, and another to dishonor?" So God is sovereign after all, over the saved and the lost, the righteous and the wicked, the sheep and the goats. "Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world." (Matt 25:34) So those on His right hand who were 'blessed of my Father' [blessed with salvation] and inherited the kingdom prepared for them from the foundation of the world. "Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels." (verse 41.) Note they were 'cursed' (as opposed to those in verse 34 who were 'blessed').

Some may say that that makes God unfair! He chose some but didn't choose others. In the OT were the Amalikites or the Jebusites or the Philistines God's chosen people? No, the Israelites were. So God chose some and didn't choose others. Some may say; 'That makes God unfair!' Whose show is this? It is God's! He is not only the author of this production, but also the producer, director and cameraman. He does what he wants, and He doesn't check with us or get our approval before doing anything. He is all knowing, all powerful, and is everywhere all the time.

Titus

Posts: 27 | From: Indiana | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
epouraniois
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
But he "never asked me what the source of my joy was", nor did I preach to him since he was a tenant and he came to rent, not to be preached to. And besides, there are lots of opportunities to find out abou the Lord Jesus in the USA.
I believe you are absolutely correct about this, if people aren't interested in where the joy comes from, or if people have not the love for the truth, it is between them and the Lord, besides, God has made provisions even for this, even if the person never knew the grace principle, never fell from the grace principle, the grace principle is set forth and by it the whole world shall be saved, although many like this are sure to have lost their reward, waking to to fed at God's table for a thousand years.

Exo 19:6 And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and a holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.

Rev 5:10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.
Rev 20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Ez 44 speaks of the rules for loved ones going into the realm of the dead (they are considered still dead in resurrection) for the purpose of being incouraged. Being that it is God's will that none be lost, I don't see how anyone can over ride God's will. But that's just the way I read it, realizing most do not believe God will save the lost.

BORN AGAIN
unregistered

I had not seen one of our two tenants for 3 days, but today we found him dead in his room. He apparently died Friday night going into Saturday morning, after I sat next to him at the table with him around 1 a.m. on Friday. Hew as doing his crossword puzzle, having no idea what was going to happen tonight.

I blithely ate my cross-ribs and fried rice with a small glass of cabernet sauvignon. we laughed together at some of the jokes on Becker.

He was probably in his 40s, very overweight. He was not a Christian, but he knew that I was a Christian and he knew I sang Christian songs in my room.

But he "never asked me what the source of my joy was", nor did I preach to him since he was a tenant and he came to rent, not to be preached to. And besides, there are lots of opportunities to find out abou the Lord Jesus in the USA.

but today he was found and he is dead.

John 9:4
I must work the works of Him who sent me, while it is day: the night comes, when no man can work.

1 Timothy 4:16
Take heed to yourself and to the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this you shall both save yourself and them that hear you.

Acts 2:40
And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.

here today, gone that night

May the LORD God of Israel bless all who participate on this CBBS, I am BORN AGAIN in the USA by the cross and blood of Yahshua-Jesus; looking forward to our resurrection.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement