Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Adam's Duty in the Garden

Author Topic: Adam's Duty in the Garden
epouraniois
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Adam's Duty in the Garden

Exo 10:8 And Moses and Aaron were brought again unto Pharaoh: and he said unto them, Go, serve the LORD your God: but who are they that shall go?

The word “till”, in Gen 2:5, is most always translated “serve”, or some variation of the word, such as in the random example above [& used well over 200 times].

Gen 2:5 And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground.

Adam is put here to serve the “ground”. “Ground” means land, or ground, as it is used in the Bible. But if we look a little closer, we see that word ground is strikingly similar to the name; “man”; 'ada^ma^h = ground & 'a^da^m = man.

When we think of what Christ explained in Ma13, the field is the world, and the field that needs to be served is man. This next verse speaks of Christ being a servant.

Mat 12:18 Behold my servant, whom I have chosen; my beloved, in whom my soul is well pleased: I will put my spirit upon him, and he shall shew judgment to the Gentiles.

And again, the servant is the chief one amongst the others, and to serve the others. Adam was "formed" for the purpose to "till", or "serve" was he not? Of course he was. But not only to serve, but to guard. He was told to "tend" and "keep" the garden; and the word “tend” would need to be viewed in relation to the meaning of the word “keep”, which is to guard. So Adam’s duty, is found in the usage of these words together, not merely by the definition of the words standing by themselves.

Adam had the responsibility of service in the guarding of the ground, which is man.

Mat 20:27 And whosoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant:
Mat 20:28 Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.

What kind of trees were in the garden that Adam was permitted to eat of? Two of the trees are named. One is Life, and the other was satan. All the trees in Eden envied the one that is not life.

Eze 31:9 I have made him fair by the multitude of his branches: so that all the trees of Eden, that were in the garden of God, envied him.

Adam was welcome to eat of all the trees save for one. Who could these trees be? Could they be other angels or sons of God? Satan is called a star, and other angels are called stars. Satan is called trees, and angels are called men. Men are called trees. How about that?

Job 38:7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

Adam was taken and placed in the garden. This garden is a special garden. It is called paradise in the LXX. Now, where is paradise? Is it somewhere in this diminsion? Are these “envious” trees in this dimension?

Eze 28:17 Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee.

Satan has not been cast to the ground defacto as of yet, but it will happen at the 6th trumpet; now, satan is a tree in the garden; called that old serpent in Gen & Rev12:9; and is with all the other trees who Adam is permitted to eat of their fruit.

Perhaps there is a spiritual intent and application to this tilling? To the type of Adam’s service? A reason his service has to do with guarding? [and the cherub has the hand of a man; Ez 1]

We know that all things were made by the right Hand of God, who is the Word made flesh. And from the first word in Genesis, there is this movement of redemption. It is all about the plan of redemption, and that we cannot do it, oh no, there is only one way to redemption and that way is Christ. Christ is that bread of life.

Lets look at some verses that speak of the kind of food which might be found in a place like the Garden of Eden, where God and the angels are.

Joh 6:51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

Hag 2:11 Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Ask now the priests concerning the law, saying,
Hag 2:12 If one bear holy flesh in the skirt of his garment, and with his skirt do touch bread, or pottage, or wine, or oil, or any meat, shall it be holy? And the priests answered and said, No.

We can see that Christ is that holy, living bread, and nothing a priest may do can make earthly bread, to be holy food.

Pro 22:17 Bow down thine ear, and hear the words of the wise, and apply thine heart unto my knowledge.

Heb 5:13 For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.

Reflecting upon the two verses above, it may have been wise if Adam should not have “used” his own understanding, as he was yet a "babe". If he had not let Eve go to the tree and eat, specifically because he realized he had not the understanding yet, it may have been a very good thing for him. Adam never did get to know the heart of God nor His understanding. Neither did Adam become a servant to his people. At least we are never told of it if he did.

Jer 3:15 And I will give you pastors according to mine heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding.

Mat 24:45 Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season?
Mat 24:46 Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.

When God sought Adam in the garden, God found Adam covering his transgression. God could not bless Adam now; not according to the verse above.

Is it worth a consideration for us to look at Adam as an example of the nature of the enemy and the race set before us? Being that we are told he is a figure of Christ. In a similar way God used Job for an example. Was Adam supposed to be eating of that spiritual food, to feed Eve with understanding? Or, indeed, even the whole earth?

This brings up another issue of the garden, and that is these envious trees in the garden. It might be that there should be some consideration towards the fact that one must be born from above, from the water and blood of a woman, before redemption can be offered. And that this redemption is to repair the rent caused by a rebellion; the rebellion of fallen angels.

It is quite worthy of consideration that these envious trees in the garden are the angels who are waiting their time to come into the flesh; to be born from above. To be "sent" forth from the garden in the same way Adam was.

Heb 5:14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

Gen 3:5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

Having not eaten of the meatier matters, Adam was certainly not prepared, in his young mind, to deal with the insidious nature of Satan, nor the readiness of God to show forth His truth in this, His plan of redemption.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement