Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » The Two Adams

Author Topic: The Two Adams
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
epouraniois, I understand. there are many persons who have more time than me, so please continue to do whatever you would like to do. no problem. [thumbsup2]

BORN AGAIN

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
epouraniois
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hear ya, I hear ya.

There is so much in every verse, indeed every word of God is pure. The written Word in our Bible is living, ever pregnent, every prepared to bring forth more and more truth and light in it's fathomless depths.

Please consider too, how much I must of necessity be bing omitted as I try to focus on a couple of words within the few places they occur. I am trying to share something of what I read, everyone should search it out and see for themselves. My purpose in posting is just to share some places to look for the threads that seem to me to run through the Scriptures and their intimations with one to another.

God's word is always the measure by which we should go by. Christ IS ALL.

BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dear brother epouraniois, if I may suggest, please teach me in smaller chunks. I think you have something that I want to be taught, but your chunks are too large.

many us are not retired and live busily lives--I have time for small chunks of ideas. but I'd like to hear what you have go say in smaller chunks.

May the LORD God of Israel bless, BORN AGAIN [Cross]

epouraniois
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Two Adams

Rom 5:11 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.
Rom 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

These vs. are preceded by the words “much more”, and preceded twice for emphasis:

Rom 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.
Rom 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

The subject is v9 justification, v10 reconciliation, v11 atonement, v12 the first man Adam.

Yet, the word reconcile is the same word as atonement. One a noun and one a verb. kat-al-las'-so & katallage¯, numbers G2643 and G2644. The translation implies a connection of redemption and the atonement of the OT. However, the verb to be in at onement is nonsensical, to be at onement with someone in the OT. It is not at onement , but atonement as the OT was dealing with sin, and the result was the great atonement. Emphasis on “result”.

We have two men mentioned here. One man whereby sin entered into this age, and one Man whereby comes redemption.

Rom 5:12,13 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned: (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.

For we have never received the sacrifice of the OT, but the result of it. Because of this reconciliation we must back to the cause of the estrangement, known as the fall & sin of man. [this study will not go beyond this flesh age, much] In these verse we are not dealing with all the sins of the individual, but that one man who failed to “keep” the garden. One man:

Rom 14
Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

Rom 15-17
But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.
And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification.
For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)

One man in each verse. One man sin enters, and by One Man comes the unkownable unsearchable goodness of God. So, there are two men here. The question we have is to which man am I in born of the flesh as I am. In Adam and in sin, or Christ and in redemption. Adam was a figure, a type, a shadow of Christ.

The issue for people is that whether you transgressed in the day of Moses or in this day, you are already implicated thru Adam. This is to say, we are already recognized and envisioned by God as an integral part of God’s foreknowledge in Adam.

1Co 15:45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
1Co 15:46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.
1Co 15:47 The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.
1Co 15:48 As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.
1Co 15:49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

There is only two men we need to think about.

Rom 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
Rom 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

The word here is “all Israel” shall be saved. But the definition for the word “all Israel” comes from ch9.

Rom 9:6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:
Rom 9:7 Neither, because they are the seed [sperma] of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.
Rom 9:8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

Here we see God had a definite seed envisioned from before time in the beginning, before any ever followed satan. In Gen 2:1 the world is filled with nations and peoples. So it doesn’t follow, as we have been led to believe, that all flesh is from Adam. There may be many who were never in Adam, and never in Christ. The masses seem to have the view that the world is in sin, and whosoever will can come to Christ. We know there were cities and some form of peoples far beyond 6,000 years ago. It is evident and scriptural. Between vs. 1&2 of Genesis 1 there may have been 100’s and millions of fallen angels. We don’t know.

God starts where the purpose of redemption starts. We know there were at least some who were chosen, in Adam, before the foundation of the world. God envisioned these thru Adam, would come redemption. Instead of this coming to its glorious end right away, the serpent enters, Adam falls, and consequently the True seed which is in Adam comes into bondage and death and sin. But God will not have this True seed corrupted, so thru Christ Gods purposes His triumph.

So, thru this one man, this one act, all his seed falls. But thru One Man and His Act, all is redeemed.

1Co 15:21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
1Co 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

So we see the same number who died in Adam will be redeemed in Christ. Now, the word “for” indicates an argument in process. [A primary particle; properly assigning a reason (used in argument, explanation or intensification; often with other particles, #G1063)] The argument begins here:

1Co 15:12 Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead?

The argument is that Christ raised, so, there is a resurrection of the dead. It goes back and forth from one perspective to another until it is covered forwards and backwards of Christ and His people. The link is Rom 5. It is redemption.

1Co 15:18 Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished. [if He did not raise Himself]

Here we need to know that no “unbelievers” fall asleep in death, and never “in Christ”. In the OT the word “sleep” is only used of those who believe on Israel in the Hebrew manuscripts. That is another subject, not for here.

1Co 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

All die, but not all are in Adam or in Christ. So, all in Adam have an assuredly that God will not become completely frustrated by the devil and his plan. Now, this brings up the possibility there are two seeds in the earth and one that could be called legitimately the children of the wicked one, likened unto tares. Now this is different than all the races as God created us, and it was very good. Back to Adam and types.

What does Adam mean? Really! Names meant something. There were plenty to go around. Why pick an obscure, meaningless name? God is no racist, not a respecter of persons. Take Cain. She said I have gotten…, that is Gain, hence we have Cain believing that she had given birth to Jehovah now את ] ], then Abel meaning transitory, then Seth meaning replacement. Now the H is silent, so she says “…hath appointed me another seed…” God SET the appointment of another replacement seed for Abel 4:25. Eve means to live, hence she is the mother of all living.

Adam’s name must mean something! Adam stands out as the seed of promise that God envisioned before time began, attacked by the devil, redeemed by Christ and ultimately presented perfect in glory. Genesis 1:26. The word “likeness” is DM, or dem-ooth'. First, note that not before is the term “let us” used in the recreation following v2. Put an “A” in front of it and it reads Adam, put “th” on the end and it means a “shape”, or shadow, likeness, and they are both the same idea. In Col 1, Christ is the image of His likeness. Heb 1 says Christ is the express image of His person. So, we have in man[kind] the image of the man Adam, and that man a shadow of Him who is to come.

1Co 15:45-49
And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual. 46
The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven. 47
As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly. 48
And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly. 49

Now, it is relative that the word “first” is related to every other word as all words are and we need to look at it. So, the first is contrasted with the last. The last man puts away death. No more will there be this intervention. The last Adam, and the type of Christ.

In vs. 47: There are only two men in the estimate of God that matters. Adam the last and Adam the first. It’s one or the other all the time. Redemption is always the 2nd. Take Joseph, 1st time sold, lost: 2nd time he is given all power and authority in a foreign country. Moses, the 1st time they demand of him: who made you ruler over us, 2nd time their deliverer. David 2nd, not Saul-God’s choice. Not Esau but Jacob the 2nd, Isaac not Ishmael, Abel not Cain, and God 2nd not first. It’s all over the Book.

Vs. 46: “Afterward”, or 2nd. In this age the natural fails. Spiritual, which is 2nd conquers in this age of the flesh. The word “ruach” is only translated “spiritual” once in the entire OT. God had a plan that man would not stand in himself, but only in Christ. Heb 12:7 forward, afterwards the chastening cometh redemption:

Heb 12:11 Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.

1Jo 4:17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.
1Jo 4:18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.
1Jo 4:19 We love him, because he first loved us.

We need the whole Book to see anything at all, and Christ endorses the whole Book, for it is His plan for the present age of the flesh. The first thing He did in the temple mount was to open the Book.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement