Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » dear brother epouraniois, someplace you said...

Author Topic: dear brother epouraniois, someplace you said...
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by epouraniois:
AMH, what is it?

AMH is one of our members on CBBS.

Really enjoyed reading your testimony epouraniois. Keep up the great work! [Smile]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
epouraniois
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AMH, what is it?
epouraniois
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let me say a bit about myself then. I have a quite remarkable life in the world. But now I have been taken out of the world. This occurred in 2000 due to being struck from behind in non moving traffic. Physically, it was probably the bicycle racing that strengthened my neck enough to remain attached. I lost my entire front left temporal lobe and 30% of my right one. There goes the memory. By the time I stand up to get some water, it already becomes nearly impossible to remember where or why I got up in the first place. I do not remember specific events, but my friends intertain me with stories about how I was. They have a certain ring of truth, it sounds like me.

Old things, rote things, not a problem. I can stil float, that means I can still use my divemaster skills. I can still sail and even though I know the terminology, I had to relearn what few words I now use. Mostly though, I have to substitute words because I can't seem to get the ones I want across the pathways, or something like that. So it's like dementia they say. They are correct.

So I lost my total livelyhood, relationship, and was naturally angry, the bad kind of depression, like the books say, most people can't handle being whole around someone like me, apathetic to the max.

I began watching some Christian tv about 2 years ago. Someone gave me a Dakes Bible, which is full of information. So for some reason I was drawn toward it, but upon closer inspection what I was hearing didn't seem to be right, so I got a concordance, that helped.

My parents were called 'primitive baptist', they believed in 'called preachers', and we travelled around the rural areas going to these small buildings and people houses where they taught the Bible. Just the Bible. It wasn't like on tv, where the guy says a couple of verses, shows a great oration about his wifes sister in the parking lot and what a great Biblical lesson we can learn from it. So I quesitoned how I can learn Biblical truth when they replace the God given lessons and stories by their own.

After about no time (I have no since of time and do not know my age and so forth) maybe some weeks of reading I pretty much stopped watching Christian tv and just studied. I saw right away I was going to have to relearn grammar.

I have a technical background, computers, and bought myself one. I am total stealthed. These things of the past that I 'did' still comes naturally to me. Anyway, I found some great Bible study tools on the web.

God is working in me. Everyone I know can see this. I know this because they tell me. They bring people over and ask questions and we look things up in the Word and compare, letting God define His usage, His truth, His understanding, His light. It is all about God and His plan you know.

God is doing this work in me, as I have little trouble, if any, remembering what I have studied upon, it is God the Father, even (the kai explicative) the Lord Jesus Christ doing the work.

I really do not want to talk about me though, ok. I am here to do Bible study. I do not see the Bible as a feel good book. I see it as the tragity of sin, the fall of a perfect creation, foreseen in unimaginable scope, unbounded by the work of that fallen, able to work through every phase of the Satanic attack, remembering always that an enemy hath done this. And even now this world is becoming as Cain's, becoming as that tower of Babylon where all the growth of the world is taking place as man tries in vain to do something that is good, something that is right. We see all of man's mighty efforts crumble into disillusion and fraud, heaping up to themselves great pouring words engendering seperation while preaching equality, unity, and of course, democracy, the pathway to Nazism, which is why the USA must be led away from their constitution of law and into democracy, that the whole world can have a vote in public opinion that allows for the judicial vandalism of lawmakers outside of law, the benches all filled now by those who seek to destroy America, all their names are on the list in those societies seeking a one world government a new world order.

And the Bible says this will be so. That the lands will regroup into the old demarcations, and they have. The armies of the world shall be in Babylon, and they are. It is all happening folks. The plan of Satan to arrive with his government, man's govermental world view is far advanced. That Genesis 6 is happening is of little doubt. As Daniel said, ""And whereas thou sawest iron mixed with miry clay, they shall mingle themselves with the seed of men: but they shall not cleave one to another, even as iron is not mixed with clay"", it's happening folks. It's really bad. They tell us, it's all right in our faces, but it is so bad that that our minds do not want to receive it. The word of sorcery is pharmacia and has to do not with healing medicine, but with that 'curve' called in the Bible, adam's rib (dna). The illuminust are trying to bring Satan into the world. They have taken their oaths, preforming their duties, it's right out of the Bible folks, Cainanite worship with orgy and sacrifices by the leaders of the world. The masses are deceived. They are being dummed down by that which I shant go into here. It's bad you know. But everything must be this way so that no one ever thinks of standing on creature strength again. Not after this age times is past and a new one brings back that which was (original creation finally made ready).

So, being severely disabled has given me the time,the love and search for the truth I have always had, the looking in all the wrong books of my youth left me amidst the world, but the nearly pinching off of my head has left me able to find it with God who is in heavenly places but written His truth for all who will come to Him, for there is little else I myself can or desire to do in the world now. This is how the Lord got my attention, He has my full attention.

The word spirit in the Bible, means that generator of the orignal thought pool. We have one that is removed from a Holy and Righteous God, are nature naturally is evil do to this seperation, we are selfish, hungry, spitefull, and covetous by nature. If we want to have the knowledge of Christ, this old nature must be removed somehow. Hopefully you all will find that one narrow gate without God having to pinch your head nearly clean off. We must seek His understanding if we really want the truth. What we think is inherently wrong.

Ephesians teaches acceptance, but that is not enough, which is why we also learn of ACCESS in Ephesians. We really do have access and acceptance. The one thing we need is the faith to believe it. I couldn't do it when I was in the world. I thought I could, but I was deceived.

Thanks and praises to the Lord. There is one Father and God of all. He is one Lord. Christ Is All.

timspong
Advanced Member
Member # 5240

Icon 1 posted      Profile for timspong     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I must admit that I find if fairly hard to follow also. I am dislexic so the sheer volume of info is sometimes a little difficult to digest.

--------------------
Yours in Christ
Timothy Michael Spong

Posts: 146 | From: Lagos, Nigeria | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dear brother epouraniois, in one of your posts somewhere recently you wrote that you had done what, "studied the Bible for two years" or something like that?

I remember being puzzled by that statement, since you seem to have an extensive knowledge of the Bible and also of Greek.

Is this the result of just 2 years' study, or many more years?

for all your knowledge, though, I do find you to be similar to AMH, and have a lot of trouble following your thought patterns, just like I did with AMH. you're like bornagain first cousins.

God bless, [Cross] BORN AGAIN

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement