Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » awaiting the redemption

Author Topic: awaiting the redemption
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What would happen if I had more glory on me?

My life would change. I wouldn't be able to do what I do now.

And I think the Lord asks me: "Am I really willing to have my life change like that?"

If glory were upon me, I would instantly change:

1 Samuel 10:11
And it came to pass, when all who knew him {Saul} beforetime saw that, look, he prophesied among the prophets, and the people said to each other, "What is this that is has come to the son of Kish? Is Saul also among the prophets?"

different bills to pay, different places to live and walk where I haven't walk before.

I may think that I can really handle more glory, but can I really handle more or don't I want the current routine disrupted to that degree?

It was established in another thread that the Holy Spirit is inside of us who are born again from above, and that the Holy Spirit is not walking alongside us.

Since the Holy Spirit is inside of me, I wonder who or what in me is blocking the Holy Spirit from flowing and shining forth more onto the outside of me?

Am I blocking these rivers of living water somewhere, and if so, how am I blocking them?

John 7:38
He who believes on Me, as the scripture has said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

Are those rivers of living water already for us now, or are those rivers of living water for when our redemption happens:

Luke 2:38
And she, coming in that instant, gave thanks likewise to the Lord, and spoke of him to all them who looked for redemption in Jerusalem.

Luke 21:28
And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift your heads up, for your redemption draws near.

Romans 3:24
Being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus.

Romans 8:23
And not only they, but we ourselves also, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves also groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

So eventhough we already have the firstfruit of the Spirit inside of us, we still groan within ourselves, awaiting the redemption.

What does it mean to groan within ourselves, and "waiting for the adoption, the redemption of our body" presumably means "receive a glorified body like Jesus received", right?

May the LORD YHWH of Israel bless all who participate on this CBBS, I am BORN AGAIN by the holy [Cross] of Yahshua-Jesus
"Jesus is my kind of people--from now I want to be, His kind of man" (Reynolds CD)

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement