Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » This called-out group of believers

Author Topic: This called-out group of believers
epouraniois
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God is not now demonstrating His power, majesty, justice or judgment. He is demonstrating His grace. This is His present purpose.

This purpose began when God suspended His kingdom purposes by issuing through His herald, the Apostle Paul, the proclamation recorded in Acts 28: 28

The Bible makes known that there is in God's eye the distinction of those called and chosen 'since the foundation of the world', and those of the church in this age of grace made 'from before the foundation of the world'.

They are both blessed and called. They are not the same, neither are their spheres of blessing and position the same. They are different.

Today, most churches teach that this age of grace is that of the kingdom, but it is not so. God gave them grace, but it was a kingdom grace for the hope of Israel. God prayed, forgive them Father they know not what they do. That is grace. Without this grace the kingdom could not have been REoffered to Israel.

After having the eyes of their understanding opened, what did they ask the risen Lord? Did they ask about the church? No. They didn't know anything about any church. They were the only called out and chosen people. When gentiles were used to provoke them, the gentiles were not called and chosen, they were used. They were not naturally called, they were graphed in contrary to nature.

The calling God sent to all nations after Israel's blindness is not the same. The word used is 'create'. The new body has no kingdom hope connected with Israel, as it is given a church hope connected with God.

Everything God did and said was for a purpose. That God had a purpose He did not make known until after Israel divorces herself from God at the end of Acts was not made known.

You see, there was a chance that Israel could have received her King and the OT earthly kingdom.

There was that chance.

The way Acts closed, if God had not given new instruction, we would only be reading about Israel's failure and their further dispersion.

But we are given to read of the church after Acts.

It is a new hope.
New calling.

The old hope during the Acts is over. God will take it up with Israel again, but that is future to us.

The church of the one body is now.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
epouraniois
unregistered

ok, this is the bottom line. we have all been lied to. The Bible makes this a glaring fact. The god of this world is a liar and a counterfitter. We are living in a world of lies.

Paul says to understand what I am saying, YOU MUST PRAY FOR IT, that you cannot find it before Paul wrote it, because it was HID IN GOD, and therefore, unsearchable in the texts. Read Eph1-3, and pray, ask the Lord and He will reveal this to you - Read those chapters and pray for what the apostle instruct you to pray for. That is the best way. I am trying to point people to do what the Bible has called us to be doing, which is to acknowledge this new calling to this new called out and chosen church people.

Israel did not receive her kingdom, and a new calling was SENT FORTH. But the people are unaware of it because of the god of this world.

The Lord, through this prayer of Paul's instrcution, will open your eyes of understanding IF you follow HIS direction. There is one story till Acts end. THEN = NOW There is a new calling to a different people. This is why this people only are told they must rightly divide the word of God. I am telling you the reason as simple as I am able -

God called out Israel from 70 nations.
The Hebrews became the 71st nation.
They are the chosen channel for God's earthly people.
After Israel was REoffered her kingdom during Acts, and AFTER SOME, NOT MANY gentiles prophetically were used to provoke Israel, being made partakers of Israel's spiritual things as overcomers (heavenly Jerusalem)

AFTER AFTER AFTER

GOD gives a new message. Give it to a new creation. Tells of a new hope. A new calling that is Israel has no part in. A new adopted family called to the heavenly places. The citizenship for this new people is called the church. It is not the kingdom. It is far above all the angels of Israel, even above the aristocracy of heaven, the prinipalities and powers. It is with Chirst in the Father's bossom where He is.

We are told He would reveal a new message in Acts26.

Paul is the steward of that new message.

The new message reveals that God ALSO has a heavenly people, but did not reveal that in the OT.

Did not reveal it in the NT until after Israel took her place (by choice) amidst the nations, AFTER ALL ISRAEL HAD HEARD (ROM10).

This new message is truth for today. God is not now working with Israel, nor using gentiles to provoke Israel as during the Acts. That was another administration where Israel was preeminent.

This is called the dispensation of grace.

WE have all been lied to.

The new teachings come after Israel's blindness was complete at the end of Acts and is marked by the very strong words:

Act 28:28 Be it known therefore unto you, that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles, and that they will hear it.

This is the point where the apostle made known a hope for the nations. Before this they did not have one. Before this a few individual gentiles were used to provoke Israel, but that is not what is now happening.

What was then happening was a kingdom hope for Israel. Period.

There was no church being taught during the Acts. Period. There were churches, but the hope was Israel's kingdom hope.

Now is taught the church. This is found only in the prison epistles which were written after Israel took her place amidst the nations.

If an Hebrew comes to the Lord now, it is done the same way a gentile comes, individually, and as a member of the church which is His body.

No one can come to the Lord under the previous administration because it is not now in affect.

We do not stand outside the synogagues awaiting the crumbs, the Jew is no longer first, the signs and miracles and wonders showing that the kingdom offer from God to the Hebrews are not now seen because God has brought in a new administration called the dispensation of the grace of God for you gentiles.

This church does not have any earthly blessings but does have every blessing that is spiritual and has them in the heavenly places far above all where Christ sits at the right hand of God, which is an hebraism, because we know full well that Christ is in the bossom of the Father, and our life is hid with Christ in God.

Christ is hid in God. He is not now currently manifest, but when He does, we who are members of this high calling of God will manifest with Him in the heavens where He shall manifest.

The earthly people, the ones who fail to receive the truth shall be reeducated for a thousand years by those king priests Hebrews.

There is only one hope and one calling and we read it in Eph 4.

WE are asked to do one thing:

Eph 4:3 Endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
Eph 4:4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

If we are not guarding this unity, if we are instead trying to create it, or immulate it, or anything other than what is written, then we are failing, and failing because we are deceived, as it is written.

BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hello brothers epouraniois and chaplain Bob who is 73 years old, greetings.

chaplain Bob made me think of "what are we fishing for?"

God Jesus said that He was going to "make us fishers of men."

So presumably whatever we do on this CBBS is also a demonstration of our "fishing".

so epouraniois, who are you fishing for with your long posts?

Now, I admit, I also am fishing with (have) some very long posts on this CBBS, BUT, I also have a lot of short ones that the Holy Spirit and I wrote.

I think you have a lot to offer, epouraniois, as chaplain Bob said, "I'd like to understand what you are saying but am 73 years old".

my question is, epouraniois, can you mix your fishing up with an equal abundance of short Topics, which cover just one subject at a time in a "reader's digest format" so that we can learn something new?

you seem to know a lot and several of us have expressed an interest in what you seem to know, but neither of us have the time to read long posts. so who you fishin' fur, bro?

God bless, [Cross] BORN AGAIN

Chaplain Bob
Advanced Member
Member # 5019

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaplain Bob     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd like to understand what you are saying. But I'm 73 years old and may not have enough time left to read any of your loooooooooong posts.

--------------------
In His Service,
Bob Allen

Posts: 209 | From: Checotah, Oklahoma | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
epouraniois
unregistered

This in no way gives the details necessary for deeper understanding. Hopefully, it will encourage the Opening of the Book and the searching into the Scriptures with the all readiness of mind to see whether these things are so.

The Apostle Paul alone, was entrusted to deliver the Mystery, “BY REVELATION” -=- “How that [u]by revelation he made known unto me the mystery[/u];”[Eph. 3:3].
“According [u]to the eternal purpose which he[GOD] purposed [/u]in Christ Jesus our Lord:” [Eph 3:11]

[The HS] "Saying, Go unto this people [Israel], and say, Hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and not perceive. [Why?] For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them. Be it known therefore unto you, that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles, and that they will hear it." [Acts 28:26-28]

This called-out group of believers make up a company of redeemed that is referred to as "the Church which is His Body, the fullness of Him that filleth all in all'' [Eph. l :22, 23]

The Bible reveals at least three callings. The word "calling,'' is used to make known dispensational truth. ''

The calling of Israel - The calling of the church before Acts 28 - The calling of the Church of the Mystery.

Each calling differs in its Origin, Structure and Sphere of blessing. The special calling of the Mystery is said to be the "HIGH CALLING OF GOD'':

"I press toward the mark for the prize of the [u]high calling of God [/u]in Christ Jesus” [Phil. 3:14],
and a "HOLY CALLING'': “Who hath saved us, and called us with [u]a holy calling[/u], not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,” [2 Tim. l:9],
"and we are to know "what is the HOPE OF HIS CALLING'':
"The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the [u]hope of his calling[/u], and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints” [Eph. l:18]

Israel according to the flesh was a called out nation from among other nations, and is referred to as Jehovah's WIFE that is now cast off, but will be reunited in the Millennium:
"And I will betroth thee unto me forever; yea, I will betroth thee unto me in righteousness, and in judgment, and in lovingkindness, and in mercies. I will even betroth thee unto me in faithfulness: and thou shalt know the LORD." [Hos. 2: 19-20]
"And I said unto her, Thou shalt abide for me many days; thou shalt not play the harlot, and thou shalt not be for another man: so will I also be for thee.
"For the children of Israel shall abide many days without a king, and without a prince, and without a sacrifice, and without an image, and without an ephod, and without teraphim: Afterward shall the children of Israel return, and seek the LORD their God, and David their king; and shall fear the LORD and his goodness in the latter days. [3:3-5]

Believers in the dispensation of promise will make up that company of redeemed, & take their rightful place of blessing in New Jerusalem, not in "HEAVENLY PLACES, FAR ABOVE ALL, WHERE CHRIST SITS.''

''And I John saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.'' [Rev. 21:2]

The Church of the One Body is characterized as “ONE NEW MAN” [Eph. 2:15]. The Church in the Acts economy and the Great Tribulation is likened to a BRIDE: ''For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ '' [2 Cor.11:2]

Israel "according to the flesh'' had for its hope the EARTH as a place of blessing.
''Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the EARTH.'' [Mat 5:5]
These are of the circumcision. Christ said He came not but for the lost of Israel ONLY:
“But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.” [Mat 15:24]
Christ did not “send” His to the gentile nations: “These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: “But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.” [Mat 10:5, 6]

Israel’s sphere of blessing is associated with the "Kingdom'' and an earthly city, EARTHLY JERUSALEM. In the Sermon on the Mount, the Israel was told to pray for this blessing: "Thy Kingdom come, thy will be done ON EARTH, as it is in heaven'' [Matt. 6:10].

Israel’s hope in this heavenly sphere of blessing is observed as coming "DOWN FROM GOD out of heaven.'' It is seen descending after the new heavens and new earth appear [Rev. 21 :1, 2, 9, 10]

Abraham looked forward to the promise of this heavenly city: “For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.” [Heb 11:10]

“It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:” [Isa 40:22]

The church which is His body has a residence “far above all”, far above the heavens He stretched out as a curtain:

Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:” [Eph 1:21]

THE MYSTERY WAS "HID'' in the heart of God: “And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:” [Eph. 3:9] FROM the beginning of the world.'' Notice that it was NOT HID IN THE OLD TESTAMENT SCRIPTURES, nor revieled before Acts 28:28. It was "hid in God''. The Mystery was hid from past ages and past generations "BUT NOW is made manifest to His saints": “Which is come unto you, as it is in all the world; and bringeth forth fruit, as it doth also in you, since the day ye heard of it, and knew the grace of God in truthl:” [Col. l :26].

THE MYSTERY WAS PLANNED "BEFORE THE WORLD BEGAN'' :
“Who hath saved us, and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,” [(2 Tim. 1:9]

This present Church is the only company of called out believers found in the Bible to have its origin "BEFORE THE FOUNDATION of the world'': “According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:” [Eph. 1 :4].

The calling of the "kingdom" is related to a calling FROM THE FOUNDATION of the world'': “Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:”
[Matt. 25:34].

The "ONE HOPE" of the Church of the Mystery was promised "BEFORE the world began'':

“There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;” [Eph. 4:4]
In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;” [ Titus 1:2]

''For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles [nations].'' [Eph.3:1]

"I Therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,'' [Eph. 4:1]

THE APOSTLE MUST SPEAK BOLDLY IF ANYONE IS TO HEAR THIS MESSAGE:

''And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that l may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel, For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as l ought to speak.'' [Eph. 6:19, 20]

''So that my bonds in Christ are manifest in all the palace, and in all other places,'' [Phil. 1:13]

''For l am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better:'' [Phil. 1:23]

''Withal proving also for us, that God would open unto us a door of utterance, to speak the mystery of Christ, for which l am also in bonds.''' [Col. 4:3]

''Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God'' [2 Tim. 1:8]

'' The Lord give mercy unto the house of Onesiphorus; for he oft refreshed me, and was not ashamed of my chain:'' [2 Tim. 1:16]

''Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel: Wherein l suffer trouble, as an evil doer, even unto bonds; but the word of God is not bound. [2 Tim. 2:8-9]

"At my first answer no man stood with me, but all men forsook me: I pray God that it may not be laid to their charge. Notwithstanding the Lord stood with me, and strengthened me; that by me the preaching might be fully known, and that all the Gentiles [nations] might hear: and I was delivered out of the mouth of the lion. '' [2 Tim. 4:16, 17]

The workmanship of Eph. 2:10 that was "created in Christ Jesus unto good works'' has reference to the new creation of the One New Man. This body of believers is therefore a company of redeemed that form a new creation, not a group that is a result of any ''evolution'' of the church of God from the Acts:

“For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.” [Eph. 2:10]

“Having abolished in his flesh the enmity [the middle wall of partition], even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;” [Eph 2:15]

Ephesians 2:12 says that at "that time ye [Gentiles] were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:''

Notice how this has changed by the bringing in of a new dispensation:

"BUT NOW in Christ Jesus ye [Gentiles] . . . are made nigh by the blood of Christ'' [Eph. 2: 13]. It was "for this cause'' that Paul was a "prisoner of Jesus Christ for YOU GENTILES'' [Eph. 3:1]. The ministry of the Word of God has been "sent" to the Nations.

Until the revelation of the Mystery, the oracles of God were committed to Israel:

“What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision?
Much every way: chiefly, because that unto them were committed the oracles of God.” [Rom. 3:2, 3]

This sacred secret was promised "in Christ before the world began'' [Titus 1 :2]. The "covenants'' and the "promises'' belonged to "the fathers of Israel [Rom. 9:3-5], not to the Church of the One Body:

“For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh: “Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises; Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed forever. Amen.”

The promises made unto the "fathers'' were "FROM THE FOUNDATION of the world '' and the "covenants'' were made "SINCE the world began.'' The called-out believers in the church which is His body are called with a "holy calling, not according to our works. but accordingly His Own purpose and grace. which was given us in Christ Jesus [u]BEFORE[/u] THE WORLD BEGAN” [2 Tim. l :9], this eliminates the Church of the One Body from any connection with "covenants and promises'' that were made “SINCE the world began.”

Romans 5:8 says that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision [Jews] for the purpose of CONFIRMING THE PROMISES MADE UNTO THE FATHERS, not the Church of the One Body. The "covenants'' were with Israel:

Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:” [Rom I5:8]

In Jeremiah 31:31-36, the Lord promised a NEW COVENANT with the "house of ISRAEL and JUDAH'', not the Church of the One Body. The Mystery was not veiled in language in the OT, it was "hid in God'' [Eph. 3:9], and the Mystery has no connection with any "covenants" either "old'' or "new''.

God's present purpose was planned BEFORE the world began. This eliminates the need for any ties with "promises or covenants.''

"The company of the One Body is ASCENDED, ACCEPTED. BLESSED, and SEATED together "IN HEAVENLY PLACES in Christ Jesus'':
"And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:'' [Eph.2:6]
'' To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved." [Eph. 1:6]
''Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:'' [Eph. 1:3]

BEFORE ACTS 28:28

Rom. 11:29 "For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance"
1 Cor. 1:26 "For ye see your calling, brethren.."
1 Cor. 7:20 "abide in the same calling wherein he was called".
2 Pet. 1:10 "…give diligence to make your calling and election sure…"
2 Th. 1:11 "…count you worthy of this calling,"

AFTER ACTS 28:28

Eph. 4:4 "…called in one hope of your calling"
Eph. 1:18 "…what is the hope of his calling"
Phil. 3:14 "…the prize of the high calling of God..."
2 Tim. 1:9 "Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling…"

It is scriptural and accurate to say that the word ''calling'' is a word used by the LORD GOD to make known dispensational truth. The word “church” is a word relating to a “called” out people or nation.

The church called and chosen before the foundation of the world is not the same as the churches chosen and called since the foundation of the world, their spheres of blessings are also in different places. There are many mansions.

It is an elementary and fatal error to enjoin the churches before Acts with the one church after Acts, and yet, we see both of these periods joined and further spiritualized together with Israel in most every doctrine of man taught today, effectively severing the Head from the Body.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement