Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » The Christian News   » Christian unity group

Author Topic: Christian unity group
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The ONLY ONLY ONLY way there is going to be TRUE unity within The Body of Christ

DROP ALL THE MAN-MADE TRADITIONS, RITUALS, RULES AND STUFF.

REPENT AND DENOUCE IT ALL.

TURN TO YAHWEH'S LIVING WORD (ALL OF IT)

DENY OURSELVES

OBEY OBEY OBEY OBEY

Add my amen Walt!
Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
>> Anyone done that Bible course they list? Sounds interesting.

I have and it is very, very good. Until people see they need a Savior why would that want one?

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HE LIVES
Advanced Member
Member # 4931

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HE LIVES     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The ONLY ONLY ONLY way there is going to be TRUE unity within The Body of Christ

DENY OURSELVES

OBEY OBEY OBEY OBEY

Well said! There's way too much man made tradition in the church today. Way too much show and not enought real worship. It's like people are going to the movies.

Help us Lord to be who you made us to be.

Your brother in Christ,
Chuck

Posts: 182 | From: Missouri | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WKUHilltopper
Advanced Member
Member # 5472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WKUHilltopper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks alot, David...now I'm hooked on the Way of the Master radio internet broadcast! Hahaha!

Anyone done that Bible course they list? Sounds interesting.

Posts: 259 | From: KY | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wparr
Advanced Member
Member # 891

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wparr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

DENY OURSELVES

OBEY OBEY OBEY OBEY

Posts: 1203 | From: Eagle Nest, NM | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WKUHilltopper
Advanced Member
Member # 5472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WKUHilltopper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Ah, a start on the world wide Church. Anything goes........ Roman Catholics.... are surely not Christian. But I do agree with Todd Friel on www.wayofthemasterradio.com .
I've gotten where I really respect the folks at "way of the Master". I think they're legit. It's about the only thing I watch on The Blasphemy Network (TBN)...except some of the movies they run.
Posts: 259 | From: KY | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pleasemaranatha
Advanced Member
Member # 5150

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Pleasemaranatha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He Lives [thumbsup2] I agree.

--------------------
My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning. Psalms 130 verse 6

Joyce

Posts: 308 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HE LIVES
Advanced Member
Member # 4931

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HE LIVES     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe that there's a big difference between unity of the body of Christ and a one world religion. This isn't the same as people that worship butterflies and people that worship the Lord getting together to start a church.

I'm not saying that all of these people of different denominations are Christians, but maybe they would be by the time the Lord got done with them.

Everytime people from different denominations get together to do something in the name of the Lord, people start crying one world church.

I agree that we have to be careful in how we do things, but we are also told to love our brothers. For the word says that he that says he loves God, but doesn't love his brother is a liar.

The thing is, none of us have it all figured out, and how would you ever convert someone if you are always avoiding them?

I know that we are to avoid evil at all cost, but does being blind make a man evil? Did the Lord run from the blind? No, He opened their eyes.

Sometimes to heal someone you must be close enough to lay your hand on them, think about it. It's kind of hard to open the eyes of a blind man from across town while your shaking your fist at him.

He Lives!!!

Posts: 182 | From: Missouri | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
He said we need a new name for born-again true followers of Jesus Christ.
Jesus thinks so too and he is going to give us one!!!
[clap2] [clap2] [clap2]
Revelation 2:17 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, a start on the world wide Church. Anything goes........ Roman Catholics.... are surely not Christian. But I do agree with Todd Friel on www.wayofthemasterradio.com . He said we need a new name for born-again true followers of Jesus Christ. They use to be called "The Way", we need another name because Christian now a days means about everything but what a born-again blood bought follower of Jesus Christ is.

News Article
:::::::::::::::::::::::::

Religion briefs: New Christian unity group is broadest in U.S. history

ATLANTA - Leaders of 34 church groups have set aside years of differences over theology and other issues to create the broadest Christian unity organization in U.S. history.

Christian Churches Together in the USA brings together Roman Catholics, evangelicals, Pentecostals, mainline Protestants, historically black churches and Orthodox Christians.

The group announced its formation March 31 at the end of an Atlanta meeting and said its mission is to "strengthen our Christian witness in the world." Leaders of the new organization will focus in the coming year on fighting poverty in the United States.

Read the entire article - Click Here

[Confused] where in the world are peoples minds.... oh, I guess they are asleep in the light.

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement