Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » The Christian News   » No Fear

Author Topic: No Fear
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This month my newsletter from Voice of the Martyrs was about Christians who work in hostile lands to spread the Gospel and their fearlessness.

I loved this story about a man from Cuba and I wanted to share it with you: I hope you enjoy it.

Cuban Crazy Man: Brother Pedro

Liberated by Christ from a life of crime, Pedro (not his real name) began street preaching and witnessing in the parks of Cuba. This is illegal. He began passing out Christian tracts and sharing about new life in Christ. Cubans are so thirsty to hear about God, they would even kneel with Pedro in public and pray.

The Cuban police put Pedro in jail; but the he continued to preach to the prisoners and his jailers. He tild them: " You keep me from talking about someone who has transformed my life. You know who I was a delinquint who was always in prison, but Christ has freed me." "How could I not tell what HE has done for me? And if you have brought me here to this jail, it is because you also need Jesus."

since the jailers could not shut Pedro up, they let him go back into the street, telling him not to preach publicly. But he did not obey them and continued to preach.

The Cuban comunist government, realizing the emptiness of atheism is not enough to combat Christianity, has built statues of idols and images relating to witchcraft at teh entrances of towns. This dark religion is called Santeria. Witches who live in the area are supported by the government under the guise of "national culture". In the city of Holguin, Pedro preached about the worthlessness of these statues, sharing about the LIVING GOD. Later, Pedro left Holguin on a train and began preaching illegally in other cities.

In the city of Villa Clara, he was thrown in jail. The police called back to the police in Holguin, Pedro's former jail. The authorities in Holguin warned them. "This guy caused us more damage inside the jail than out in freedom because he would not stop preaching!"

Pedro continually gives out tracts. His favorite locations are police stations. He goes in to talk to them about Christ. Some of these policemen later come to him and secretly ask for a Bible, telling him that they need what he is talking about. Nothing stops Pedro. They call him crazy.

There are now 10, 000 illegal house churches in Cuba. Christian workers like Pedro have found a new freedom. A freedom no government can grant or deny.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement