Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » The Christian News   » Pro-life Christians harrassed in CT

Author Topic: Pro-life Christians harrassed in CT
lifeandliberty
Advanced Member
Member # 4329

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lifeandliberty   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Connecticut Case Update
November 16, 2005

In July of 2004, LLM's Truth Truck was pulled over by a Connecticut State Police Officer. This out-of-control Officer demanded that I immediately remove the pro-life messages that were displayed on the truck. He then proceeded to arrest my passenger, Michael Marcavage, charging him with two fabricated crimes. Then I was instructed to leave the State immediately or risk arrest myself.

Today we received word that the prosecutor was no longer pursuing the case against Michael and entered a nolle prosequi.

Nolle Prosequi defined:
Latin for "we shall no longer prosecute." At trial, this is an entry made on the record by a prosecutor in a criminal case stating that he will no longer pursue the matter. An entry of nolle prosequi may be made at any time after charges are brought and before a verdict is returned or a plea entered. Essentially, it is an admission on the part of the prosecution that some aspect of its case against the defendant has fallen apart. Most of the time, prosecutors need a judge’s permission to “nol-pros” a case.

Click on the link for more information on this case.

Life and Liberty Ministries

Posts: 29 | From: Virginia | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement