Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » The Christian News   » Unwed Births Plague United States = 1.4 million

Author Topic: Unwed Births Plague United States = 1.4 million
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteEagle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I see this a good news, that many woman are keeping their babies and not aborting them.

It's not perfect, but I'd rather see that statistic instead of 1/3 of a generation aborted.

Posts: 1392 | From: Maine | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RaptureRH
Advanced Member
Member # 5120

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RaptureRH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks - interesting analysis -

I would have expected China or India to be at the top of the list - i.e. given their widespread use of abortion to make sure they have only male children?

Posts: 163 | From: Houston TX | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
According to the information the following countries in order to worst to least worse.

1) United States of America for all categories
(this includes abortions also)

2) United Kingdom and Ireland for all categories, this includes abortions

3) China- for female babies and female children
from pre-brith to birth

4)Sudan- for atrocities against non obedient women. Includes pre-teen to young adult group. The ederly if family members have shamed them are left to die without anything

5) The 10-40 widow most atrocities against women of child bearing years and people who are not Islamic or people who converts from religion to another, especally converting to christianity.

I find it quite intersting that the Anglo-World is on the top of the List. The list goes on to name Brazil, Mexico,Colombia,Central America, Venezuela next but mostly for murdering of women or drug-lord game warfare. Once I interpret this rom my home language etc.. then I can say more.

Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RaptureRH
Advanced Member
Member # 5120

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RaptureRH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would be interested as to the answers that your questions raise.

I have read (excluding actual abortion) that most infants and young children that are "murdered" - are actually killed by their own mothers as opposed to "fathers" - strangers, etc (so sad)

Posts: 163 | From: Houston TX | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is no difference than the 60"s & 70's. Which country has the most murders in the following categories:

a) infant groop
b) child group
c) teem aged group
d) young adult
e) 40-65 group
f) 65-85 group
g) 86+ the elderly senior

I am currently reading a study from the United Nations who study this. It is translated in German, French, British and Chinese.

another question Does abuse/neglect proceed murder?

The answer will suprise you!

Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RaptureRH
Advanced Member
Member # 5120

Icon 4 posted      Profile for RaptureRH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://headlines.agapepress.org/archive/10/42005d.asp

Unwed Births Plague United States = 1.4 million

By Rebecca Grace and Mary Rettig
October 4, 2005

(AgapePress) - The National Center for Health Statistics recently released the latest numbers on births to unmarried women, and in 2003 1.4 million babies fell into that category.

Bridget Maher, analyst on marriage and family issues for the Family Research Council, is concerned that over one-third of all babies born in the United States are born out of wedlock, likely resulting from a reliance on contraceptives.

"Many young people are taught, especially in sex education programs, that contraceptives are the best protection against pregnancy," Maher explains. "But that's not true. Abstinence is the only 100 percent effective way to avoid pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases, and more young people need to hear the message of abstinence."

Unfortunately this message of abstinence is being silenced by a culture that screams sexual freedom, just as the consequences and responsibilities that accompany sex outside of marriage are being ignored.

"Children suffer when they're born out of wedlock," Maher says. "They are more likely to become delinquent, to do poorly in school, [and] to have a child out of wedlock themselves.

"[In other words] ... children suffer a lot of negative outcome from being born out of wedlock," she adds. "And we know that children are much happier, healthier, and more prosperous when they're born to married parents."

The following sex education programs/alliances promote a contraceptive-based agenda of which parents should be wary: Abstinence Plus, Advocates for Youth, Be Proud! Be Responsible!, Planned Parenthood Federation of America, and The National Campaign to Prevent Teen Pregnancy.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement