Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » The Christian News   » Religion takes a back seat in Western Europe

Author Topic: Religion takes a back seat in Western Europe
hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hardcore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MySavingGrace:
At least Kabblah is off of Hebrew scriptures.

If you do a little research, you might change your mind about this.
Posts: 627 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MySavingGrace
Advanced Member
Member # 4697

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MySavingGrace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I fear an dfeel we should pray for Scientology followers.

I don't know the fully story on it, but I know its not good. It calls all relgion false and a poison, yet they ahve a church and I think call themselves the Church or the Religon of Scientology.

At elast Kabblah is off of Hebrew scriptures. Scientology, I don't get. And, I"ve looked up pictures with it and seen many thing sthat look bibilical or Micahelangelo inspired, yet corrupted and odd. I just sense a lot not right with that practice.

My dad told me most of Europe is turning secular, could be the world too.

Spirituality is good, but God comes first. Without God, how spiritual could I be in the right way?

--------------------
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/forum
Support the mother who lost her son protest the war
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/

here are my comments, I am UHaventDoneNothin
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/node/121

Posts: 426 | From: United States | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GodGiven
Advanced Member
Member # 4960

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GodGiven   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the end times the spirit of the Lord will be pourn out on all flesh. Everyone will see him. If your worried don't be, worry is a sin.

--------------------
Forgetting the troubles of the world is to walk the gospel of Jesus.

Posts: 26 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unfortunately, being spiritual has a whole lot of meanings today. From worshipping a goddess to worshipping your inner self, sadly being spiritual today often has nothing to do with the true living God. George Harrison was spiritual but we were told here on this site last year that he would not allow anyone to talk about Jesus in his presence. God is tolerated today but Jesus is not. That is like building a house without a door. For Jesus is the door to Heaven and folks there is no crawling through any windows.

We have stars putting together their own religion by picking things they like from all religions. We have Scientology, Kabbalah, and New Age Religions, just a few popular ones at the moment. Though none of these led to a relationship with Jesus, they consider themselves spiritual. Yet many of the masses are joining in these religions, because “I go to the same Church as ___________!”

So yes, I can see a lot of people consider themselves spiritual, but sadly less consider themselves Christian. When you then go into the numbers who do consider themselves Christian, but do not believe you should take the Bible literally, or that God really meant that living the homosexual lifestyle was wrong, or God made me sexual of course God understands why I have a little affair on the side. Many consider themselves Christians but like those who put together their own religion, some Christians go through the Bible and pick and choose what they want to believe.

Judgment day may show a far different number of Christians then the polls taken today.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
redkermit
Advanced Member
Member # 4059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for redkermit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is the title of the article on the front page of the USA Today for 8/11/05. Not sure if anyone posted about it, as I haven't had a chance to look around. I wanted to point out a couple of interesting things in the article.

Only 16% of people in the USA surveyed in 2000 say they "never" or "practically never" attend church. I would have thought it would be higher.

A couple quotes:

"As Western Europeans have moved away from traditional worship, more people say they are 'spiritual' rather than religious. Steve Hollinghurst, an Anglican priest, says, 'It's very much what's appealing to people now - spirituality that works with my lifestyle. ... Faith and spirituality are now viewed as consumer products. And that's had an impact on the way people view institutional churches.'"

Quote from a student in Dublin who "says he's merely typical of his generation":

'"I'm very spiritual," he says. "I speak to an energy force I call God, and I get answers," he says. "If you can get a spiritual connection without going to church, why go to church?"'

--------------------
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked. (Ps. 84:10b)

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

Listen Online:
www.wmuz.com
www.997flr.org

Posts: 604 | From: Michigan | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement