Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » The Christian News   » Sorry for Jane

Author Topic: Sorry for Jane
Pleasemaranatha
Advanced Member
Member # 5150

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Pleasemaranatha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks HisGrace and Eduardo for the kind words and understanding.

God Bless you all.

Glory be to God for Bringing George home from the war.

--------------------
My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning. Psalms 130 verse 6

Joyce

Posts: 308 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Prayer] A person can call themselves a christian because they feel certain things, but as the word says, If anyone comes to you with a different gospel let them be a cursed. I personnally know what it feels like to be shot at, I am veteran etc.. I was in Thialand, Colombia,Venz. etc.. BUT THE WAR IN IRAQ SHOULD NEVER HAD HAPPENED, JUST LIKE OUR INVOLVEMENT IN NAM.

BUT now that we are there, we need to support our
troops and not abandon them. I lost 2 brother-in laws in Nam. War is war. I believe alot of the bigger cities are war zones because of what goes on.

Thru any occassion, Jesus still can be sought. I remember listening to Mike Waunkie's Vietnam experience. You had to have heard it, to understand the message. Even the Christian Brother who wrote ,"The Cross and The Switchblade" I read it in Spanish, it was called CORRE! NICKY CORRE . Living in the inner city are wars that happen because of Conflict of good and evil or you can say God vs the Devil. Good comes from God and evil comes from the Devil. And the word Devil means "FROM EVIL"

Iraq is the Babylon of today. Interesting I believe who ever rules Babylon will be the incarnate of the Devil.

Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 18 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Praying that God will reach deep down into George's inner spirit to enable him to find a forgiving heart.

It must be extremely difficult for him, but the only person he is hurting is himself. His unforgiving spirit may be influencing others around him as well.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pleasemaranatha
Advanced Member
Member # 5150

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Pleasemaranatha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My husband and I are both Vietnam veterans. I am a disabled vietnam veteran. I have forgiven Jane and all the protestors but my husband hasn't. It was tough when he was spit at wearing his uniform arriving from being in combat for a year. Mean, ignorant, stupid people asked him how many babies he shot. You know the stuff everyone said.

He has bitterness and needs your prayers to join mine for him to forgive and forget. He saw and experienced so much horror as many vets. The nightmares stopped......Thank the GOOD LORD. Please pray for him. His name is George....God knows which one..he he

--------------------
My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning. Psalms 130 verse 6

Joyce

Posts: 308 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EMoor
Community Member
Member # 4880

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EMoor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also think that it is important to look at Jane's pattern of behavior over the years. In the 1960's, she threw aside her American citizenship to consort with the enemy. Now here we are again, 40 years later. She once professed a faith in Christ, and now she has thrown that aside to take on the cause of the enemy again. My uncle was shot down over Vietnam and spent 6 and a half years in the Hanoi Hilton. After one of Hanoi Jane's visits to the Hilton, in which she was given some notes by American POW's about their treatment there, she promptly passed the notes to the North Vietnamese. All of the prisoners that night were given a little extra special treatment from their captors because of that.

As someone who fought in the first Gulf War, I firmly stand behind the president in what he is doing, but I also support Jane's right to protest, no matter who it hurts. I would just like to make this point: C.S. Lewis warns us in the Screwtape Letters about how much satan loves it when we make the cause our religion. If thats the case, he really loves Jane.

Eric

--------------------
As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

Posts: 9 | From: Michigan | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Walt,

Just as all democrats are not sinners, neither are all republicans Christians. I think some republicans hide behind the so called relegious right because it is PC.

I feel sad for Jane Fonda, because she had embraced the truth of God's Word and then laid it a side to be Politically Correct. How sad to make a decsion like that. Where does it leave her with God? It is back to the once saved always saved. I honestly do not know if you can get saved and then throw away your salvation. I do know I would not want to be in her shoes when she faces God.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wparr
Advanced Member
Member # 891

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wparr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wasn't saying anyone here is calling Jesus a liar, I was saying Jane is.

Jane thinks there are other ways to God besides Jesus, so she is calling Jesus a liar.

Look at the Psalm I posted, we are NOT to follow lost people, their advice is dead and useless.

Anything, ANYTHING not:
Done OF God (His leading)
FOR God (His Glory)
BY God (Power of The Holy Spirit)

IS SIN

Is the war Of God?

Only God and President Bush can accurately answer that question.

God has called for and used war in the past to accomplish His will.

Is He this time?

???????

I have my doubts.

If God told President Bush to goto war - it's right.

If God didn't - it's wrong and sin.

Can a man truely discern God's voice and leading:

While saying that muslims and Christians Worship the same God?

While celebrating a satan originating holiday (ramadan) in his/our house (White House)?

While going to a pagan temple to worship a pagan "god" (buddha)?

????????????????????????????????????

Look what I said about Jane, I would say it applies just as much to President Bush.

1 John 2:22-23
(22)Who is the liar but he who denies that Yeshua is the Messiah? This is the Anti-messiah (antichrist), he who denies the Father and the Son.
(23) Whoever denies the Son, the same doesn't have the Father. He who confesses the Son has the Father also.

I'm not saying it, God is.

Posts: 1203 | From: Eagle Nest, NM | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gramajo320   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Texas Grandma,

Amen and how very true. God bless you!

--------------------
Gramajo320

Posts: 2385 | From: WA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you GramaJo. Like you I too know people who came back from Vietnam that were mistreated by people at home. Sometimes, I think as Americans, that God is on our side. God is not American or any other nationality. We can't put God in a box. His plans are bigger then the here and now.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gramajo320   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Texas Grandma,

Amen and I agree with your posting. This war is not a christian issue and I do believe that the war in Afghanistan should have been settled first rather than taking the focus off of it and going to war in Iraq. There's war in both places now without any light at the end of the tunnel as of yet.

We most definitely must support our troops who are fighting in both wars and also support all of the troops who are stationed all around the world. I will never forget how horribly our troops were treated by americans here in the USA when they returned home from Vietnam. The treatment they received from fellow americans was just totally an abomination. The troops who served will never forget it either and they still hurt as a result of the terrible treatment. I know a lot of discharged fellows and they used to talk to me about it and how badly they were treated in their own country. How many of you have seen the Vietnam Memorial in D.C. or seen the traveling Vietnam Memorial Wall? I saw the traveling Vietnam Memorial Wall when it came to our city. It is currently in Idaho now. It was and it still is a very shameful thing that they were treated so badly and not welcomed home the way they deserved to be welcomed. Anyway we need to pray for our troops each and everyday and we should also pray for all of the troops who are from other countries and are serving in the war and also all around the world.

So far as Jane, I did not agree with what she did during Vietnam which earned her the name of Hanoi Jane. I do not agree with her now either however she is entitled to her do what she wishes to do - but I wish she'd think long and hard before carrying out her actions.

--------------------
Gramajo320

Posts: 2385 | From: WA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

I don't see the war as being a Christian issue.
When we went to war in Afghanistan looking for the terrorist after Sept 11 but Iraq was all about revenge. But at the same time, I have problems with protesting the war because it is hard on our soldiers who are doing their duty, to see the protest here in America. I was a teenager during Vietnam and while protest ended the war, it was not ended with a Victory. Which meant those who died including a friend, died for nothing.
We are there so now we have to finish it I guess. But, I think the President should have stayed out of Iraq.

betty

--------------------

MySavingGrace
Advanced Member
Member # 4697

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MySavingGrace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wparr,

Its lovely how highly you speak of my parents, just lovely. If you EVER READ anything I posted aobut them I post how I pray for them all the time about it. You must be lost to be so rude about the people I love. I find your comments to be very crude and baiting towards me. I do not know how a Christian could speak so menaly about myself, my faith, and my parents who I love. It sickens me.

And, what I meant was, even if I don't agree with her not believing in God, does that make her stance against the war any less valid? There are plenty of Christians who support this war, but does that make their supporting the war valid?

I WOULD NEVER CALL JESUS OR GOD LIARS. Perhaps if you search through things I post you will FIND the truth about me. You do not know me. I guess my getting ready soon to go to church with friends, esepcaily the one who I am worried is suicidal and am glad he even suggested going to church cause he does need to know God is there and he's worth something means I am a horrible person. How horrible I must be to pray for our world and for people to find God who do die of disease and war and natural disaster aroudn the world who do not know the Lord. Wow, what a horrible and blasphemous to God person I am.

And, FYI, I see signs, especialy with my Mom that she is finding faith again. I just can't loose hope. Comments like yours could make me loose hope and turn away, but I refuse to. Wow, what a weak person and unfaithful person I am.

--------------------
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/forum
Support the mother who lost her son protest the war
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/

here are my comments, I am UHaventDoneNothin
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/node/121

Posts: 426 | From: United States | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wparr
Advanced Member
Member # 891

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wparr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Psalms 1:
(1)How blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked, Nor stand in the path of sinners, Nor sit in the seat of scoffers!

(2) But his delight is in the law of the LORD, And in His law he meditates day and night.

(3) He will be like a tree firmly planted by streams of water, Which yields its fruit in its season And its leaf does not wither; And in whatever he does, he prospers.

(4) The wicked are not so, But they are like chaff which the wind drives away.

(5) Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment, Nor sinners in the assembly of the righteous.

(6) For the LORD knows the way of the righteous, But the way of the wicked will perish.

Posts: 1203 | From: Eagle Nest, NM | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Watcher
Advanced Member
Member # 3589

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Watcher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hanoi Jane has a fading career, and she wants some press.
Her vegetable energy plan causes more toxins than oil.
She is ridiculous.I can see her squatting on a rock next to Osama sharing a bag of trail mix.........pitiful. Pitiful woman that doesn't deserve to call herself an American.

Maybe she'll go to Iraq and pose with the terrorists while wearing a bomb vest this time.

--------------------
Watcher

Whoso rewardeth evil for good, evil shall not depart from his house. He that justifieth the wicked, and he that condemneth the just, even they both are abomination to the LORD.
Proverbs 17:13,15

Posts: 146 | From: Earth | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wparr
Advanced Member
Member # 891

quote:
Originally posted by MySavingGrace:
Even if you disagree with her faith, I think its good to support her protest. There are great people, like my parents, who are atheist who are very against it.

So that's a definition of "great people", people who protest the war.

First, if your parents are atheist, the are lost, deceived and going to hell.

Does that not matter more than anything?

Jane does not believe that the Bible is The Word of God.

In my view, if you don't beleive the Bible is from God, HOW can you be a born again Christian.

Can Christ live in you, and you DENY Him and His word?

Can Christ live in you, and you call Jesus a LIAR?

I DON'T THINK SO.

So WHY do you want to support and follow LOST PEOPLE?

Does your polotics OVER RIDE your faith?

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fonda explained to New York Post columnist Liz Smith that she's a "feminist Christian," distinguished from fundamentalists.

"I don't want to offend anyone," Fonda said. "But I believe people have different ways of approaching The Word. For me, it's metaphor, written by people a long time after Christ died. And interpreted by specific groups. I read the gospels that aren't included in the Bible. These make me feel good about calling myself a Christian. What we are seeing today are policymakers who say they're Christians."

2 Tim. 3
1: This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2: For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3: Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4: Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
5: Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
6: For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
7: Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
8: Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.
9: But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as theirs also was.
10: But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, charity, patience,
11: Persecutions, afflictions, which came unto me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra; what persecutions I endured: but out of them all the Lord delivered me.
12: Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.
13: But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.
14: But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;
15: And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
16: All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

MySavingGrace,

You are right. She is against the war and that's why she is protesting. God bless.

--------------------
Gramajo320

MySavingGrace
Advanced Member
Member # 4697

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MySavingGrace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
By protesting, I thought it meant she would be against it.

--------------------

Posts: 426 | From: United States | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

against the war?

--------------------

MySavingGrace
Advanced Member
Member # 4697

Even if you disagree with her faith, I think its good to support her protest. There are great people, like my parents, who are atheist who are very against it.

--------------------

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

I knew that she had become a Christian because a couple years ago they talked about how this was the cause of her divorce. Her step daughter said, Ted Turner was mad at her for not asking his permission before becoming Christian.
But it is sad to see her be more concerned about being PC then about the truth of God's Word.
betty

--------------------

BrazilianMommy
Advanced Member
Member # 4787

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrazilianMommy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did not see that coming. She just gave an interview on 60 minutes saying sorry and how much she regret all the stuff she did back then, when she was young. I did not know she had accepted Christ. For me she is just crazy.

--------------------
Jesus loves you

Posts: 83 | From: United States | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Sorry for Jane
Cal Thomas
Syndicated Columnist

July 27, 2005

Jane Fonda says she is "coming out." Fonda has announced she and her daughter will make a cross-country bus tour in March to protest the Iraq war.

The bus will use vegetable oil as fuel.

She says she'll be joined by Iraq war veterans and her daughter.

How 1960's!

As the first journalist to write about Jane Fonda's announcement she had accepted Christ and to give her whatever cover my endorsement might have brought, it is time to speak up again.

In her book, "My Life, So Far," she says she has become a Universalist and now believes there are many ways to God and that Jesus is not the only way.

This is what happens when one is not discipled and begins reading other books and listening to other voices that sow doubt.

Jesus referred to it as "stony ground" in the parable of the sower.

It is sad watching a once great sports figure whose time has passed trying to make a comeback.

It is sadder, still, watching one who professed conversion now embracing her radical political past and trying to attach it to a nonspecific universal religion without content and without cost.

I am sorry for her.

I'm Cal Thomas in Washington.

Cal Thomas is a nationally syndicated columnist based in Washington, D.C. Watch his television show, After Hours with Cal Thomas, on the Fox News Channel, Saturdays at 11 p.m. Eastern Time.

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement