Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » The Christian News   » World percentages of religions

Author Topic: World percentages of religions
JAVA
Advanced Member
Member # 4576

Icon 19 posted      Profile for JAVA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well that worked real good lol. [Big Grin]

This is the site that covers it all regarding this topic.
http://www.adherents.com/rel_USA.html

--------------------
JAVA, "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are called according to his purpose."

Posts: 147 | From: Columbia South Carolina | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAVA
Advanced Member
Member # 4576

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JAVA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A little update.
 -

--------------------
JAVA, "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are called according to his purpose."

Posts: 147 | From: Columbia South Carolina | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAVA
Advanced Member
Member # 4576

Icon 21 posted      Profile for JAVA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
becauseHElives, I made a post as well about the man-made sinners prayer and how it is heresy in the greatest fashion. Our Lord taught us how to pray and that little prayer is not it. I shudder to think of the percentages that had been mentioned at around 3%... Can that possibly be right? I certainly hope not!.I appreciate you comments always! [thumbsup2]

[dance]

--------------------

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 15 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But don't you guys know all I have to do to be saved is say a little prayer? Jesus forgive me!

please excuse the sarcasism.

"And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?" (1 Peter 4, 18).

1 Peter Chapter 4

1. Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind:for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;

2. That he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God.

3. For the time past of our life may suffice us to have wrought the will of the Gentiles, when we walked in lasciviousness, lusts, excess of wine, revellings, banquetings, and abominable idolatries:

4. Wherein they think it strange that ye run not with them to the same excess of riot, speaking evil of you:

5. Who shall give account to him that is ready to judge the quick and the dead.

6. For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.

7. But the end of all things is at hand:be ye therefore sober, and watch unto prayer.

8. And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves:for charity shall cover the multitude of sins.

9. Use hospitality one to another without grudging.

10. As every man hath received the gift, even so minister the same one to another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God.

11. If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man minister, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth:that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

12. Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:

13. But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.

14. If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you:on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified.

15. But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters.

16. Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.

17. For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God:and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

18. And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?

19. Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator.

the way to eternal life is narrow, few will find it and even less will follow the path!

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hardcore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by wparr:
take that 33% that CLAIM to be Christian.

take away the obvious non-christians ie mormons, JWs and such.

Then filter the those left.

Barna's polling shows 80% claim to be "christian" in America.

Asked if they are Born Again that number drops to 20%

Asked if they are Born Again and their faith is important to them, that number drops to 7%

Using that same % to apply to this, that 33% drops to less that 3%

I'm with you wparr. We are told that the way is narrow. I really don't think that many who call themselves Christian (real or not), realize how narrow it really is.

Mat 7:14 Because strait [is] the gate, and narrow [is] the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Posts: 627 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wparr
Advanced Member
Member # 891

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wparr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
take that 33% that CLAIM to be Christian.

take away the obvious non-christians ie mormons, JWs and such.

Then filter the those left.

Barna's polling shows 80% claim to be "christian" in America.

Asked if they are Born Again that number drops to 20%

Asked if they are Born Again and their faith is important to them, that number drops to 7%

Using that same % to apply to this, that 33% drops to less that 3%

Posts: 1203 | From: Eagle Nest, NM | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAVA
Advanced Member
Member # 4576

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JAVA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They are in the three percent but it is funny now that you mention it that "primal indiginous" is mentioned but not Judaism.

[dance]

--------------------

hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hardcore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Watcher:
I would be interested in seeing the percentage of
Jewish people on there.

Or are they that little 3%?

If so looks like the generation is fading away.

They do seem to be missing, don't they? Either they are in the 3% "Other" category or they were skipped over all together.

Reminds me ...

In one of the magazines we get (The Week), there was an ad for a bank touting how great and global they are. The ad has a big map of the world with lots of tiny countries on it and mentioned by name. Israel is not only not mentioned, but is not even on the map. Odd?

Posts: 627 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Watcher
Advanced Member
Member # 3589

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Watcher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would be interested in seeing the percentage of
Jewish people on there.

Or are they that little 3%?

If so looks like the generation is fading away.

--------------------
Watcher

Whoso rewardeth evil for good, evil shall not depart from his house. He that justifieth the wicked, and he that condemneth the just, even they both are abomination to the LORD.
Proverbs 17:13,15

Posts: 146 | From: Earth | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

quote:
Originally posted by JAVA:
It seems to me that we are not as strong and present as we sometimes think. Little news here that might surprise tou guys.

Not too impressive when you see that the "Christianity" section includes Catholics, Mormans, and Jehovah's Witness.
JAVA
Advanced Member
Member # 4576

Icon 2 posted      Profile for JAVA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It seems to me that we are not as strong and present as we sometimes think. Little news here that might surprise tou guys.

-

[dance]

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement