Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » The Christian News   » Fellow Canadians

Author Topic: Fellow Canadians
BrazilianMommy
Advanced Member
Member # 4787

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrazilianMommy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have heard about Italy also. My husband went to Italy through England and will go again next month. We might come along with him if his stay is longer than 2 weeks. There is no place to run, no place to hide. Just trust God.

--------------------
Jesus loves you

Posts: 83 | From: United States | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for your prayers guys. Have said a prayer for the U.S. and Italy as well. We have no idea who could be next. [Prayer]

Praying that He will provide healing for the U.K. and protect them from further terrorists attacks. [Prayer]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bygrace
Advanced Member
Member # 4847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bygrace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Saying prayers for Canada and Italy [Prayer]

I suppose that nowhere is truly immune to terror anymore.

We are all pretty much in this together now.
God is still on the throne though and He will bring about what is needed before His return.
Let's pray that return to be SOON.
bygrace

Posts: 162 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I too pray for Canada. Many of my mother's family live in Quebec. They didn't want to learn English like my mom and she doesn't speak it well anyway. My mom's kin folk hale originally from Lyon,France; and now from Montreal, Quebec.

But what is very interesting while growing up, I remember bricks being thrown thru the windows of the house of one of my Aunts in Quebec,Quebec.

The other family stayed in Michigan, Windsor,Ont and Western New York. Except some distant relatives who lived in Sur du Pennsylvania, Somerset,Countie.

MY Uncle called me and voiced a concern.I haven't talked to him in atleast 30 years! He is Rabbi. My mom's brother. Who would had known! We discussed (falarete) about the Messias. Pray for Rabbi Yosuf Lique-Muiller. I believe he is close to believing Yeshua is the Messias. We talked immensenly about Isais,Canter 2 (Psalms), and what the Book of Yeian (John) says about. His biggest problem is the pride of an Old stubborn Ladino Jew!

He said from His congregation, 20 people became believers this Yeshua and now Go to a Christian Church now.

Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 7 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey MySavingGrace. I would appreciate a little prayer too. I live in Ottawa. [Smile]
MySavingGrace
Advanced Member
Member # 4697

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MySavingGrace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can defiantely see Italy with attacks. Especially all the things the Roman Cahtolic church did during crusades and other times. Let's pray it doesn't happen while my faincee's parents are in Rome and other parts of Italy (including the vatican) as they are Cahtolic and want to see it this fall. That would be horrible. But, even if not them , anyone dying would be aeful no matter where.

--------------------
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/forum
Support the mother who lost her son protest the war
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/

here are my comments, I am UHaventDoneNothin
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/node/121

Posts: 426 | From: United States | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wasn't sure where to post this topic so I have moved it here. Somehow it didn't fit in the Political Discussion forum.

I have always known of one Bible scripture engraved in the Peace Tower of the Parliament Buildings in Ottawa. I had fogotten what the scripture was, so I e-mailed David Mainse's Crossroads site and this was their reply back to me.

I was elated to find that there are scriptures dotted throughtout the Parliament Buildings, and we should stand on these scriptures to let the devil know that this country was founded on Godly principles, and we should use the power of these scriptures as ammunition to cover our capital city and country in prayer.

It has been said that there are two targeted countries left for terrorist attacks - Canada and Italy.

Living in Ottawa, our citizens have expressed concern that the U.S. Embassy is situated right in the core of the city, so we are troubled that it, or the Parliament Buildings, could be a prime target.

Let's use these scriptures as a prayful plea for God's protection over our country.

Biblical References – Centre Block
1. Peace Tower. Exterior
East window: He shall have dominion also from sea to sea. Psalm 72:8

South window: Give the king thy judgments, O God, and thyrighteousness unto the king’s son. Psalm 72:1

West window: Where there is no vision, the people perish.Proverbs 29:18

2. Peace Tower. Belfry Largest bell, no. 53: Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace,good will to men. Luke 2:14

Initiated by Prime Minister William Lyon Mackenzie King, 1926.

3 Peace Tower. Memorial Chamber
3.1 Display case, main altar -
Take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Ephesians 6:13

To accompany this verse, tiny enamels with Latin inscriptions
illustrate the full armour of God: Ephesians 6:14-17
Veritas: Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth
(v.14);
Justitia: and having on the breastplate of righteousness (v.14);
Pax: and your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of
peace (v.15);
Fides: above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall
be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked (v.16);
Salus: And take the helmet of salvation (v.17);
Spiritus: and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
(v.17)
Initiated by architect John A. Pearson, 1925.

3.2 Stained glass windows:
East window, “The Call to Arms”:
Thanks be to God who giveth us the victory. 1 Corinthians 15:57

Acquit ye like men be strong. 1 Corinthians 16:13

Thou hast girded me with strength unto the battle. Psalm 18:40;

2 Samuel 22:40
West window, “The Dawn of Peace”:
He maketh wars to cease. Psalm 46:10

Judgement shall return unto righteousness. Psalm 94:15

Initiated by architect John A. Pearson and designer Frank S.J. Hollister, 1926

3.3 Marble panels, south wall:
If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there; if I lay down in the bowels of the earth, thou art there! If I take the wings of the morning and
dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there shall thy hand lead me and thy right shall hold me. Psalm 139: 8-10
In French - Si je monte aux cieux, tu y es; si je me couche au sheol, t’y voilB! Si je prends les ailes de l’aurore et si je vais demeurer B l’extrémité
de la mer, ta main me conduit et ta droite me saisit. Psaume 139:8-10

Initiated by the Special Committee on Bilingualism on Parliament Hill, 1981.

4. Confederation Hall
Portrait head of Moses carved in stone symbolizing law.

Initiated by William F.K. Oosterhoff, Parliamentary stone carver, circa 1952.

5. House of Commons Foyer
5.1 The four living creatures or beasts carved in stone: the man, the
bull, the lion and the eagle. Ezekiel 1:10; Revelation 4:6-7

Initiated by R. Eleanor Milne, Dominion sculptress, circa 1970.

5.2 Statue of Lt. Col. George Harold Baker
And thus this man died, leaving his death for an example of a noble courage, and a memorial of virtue, not only unto young men, but unto all the nation. 2 Maccabees 6:31

Initiated by Prime Minister William Lyon Mackenzie King, 1926.

6. House of Commons Chamber
The exterior sides of the Speaker’s Chair feature seven Latin mottoes or citations on a ribbon twisted around a delicate vine. The last one reads
“Laus Deo”.
Initiated by the British House of Commons, circa1849.

7. Cabinet Room
Tympanums over doors:

Love justice, you that are the rulers of the earth. Song of Solomon 1:1

Aimez la justice, vous qui jugez la terre. Sagesse 1:1
Source unknown, 1980.

(There's no 8??)

9. Opposition Board Room
Tympanums over doors:

Fear God; Honour the king. 1 Peter 2:17
Initiated by architect John A. Pearson, 1919.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement