Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » The Christian News   » Third World Books

Author Topic: Third World Books
dcmbrnite
Advanced Member
Member # 4819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dcmbrnite         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm new to this forum as I am sure you are aware of- Instead of just going to introduce myself upon first arrival, I thought I'd post something I believe to be News worthy... If perhaps this is not in the right catagory please let me know where it would belong, should it belong anywhere.
[hug] Thanx

*by the way, I do plan to introduce myself in case you were curious [Big Grin]

Third World Books is a ministry that sends bibles and Christian materials to poor third world countries in every continent around the world. Keep in mind that these brothers and sisters in Christ have nothing to help them in their Christian life, not a bible, book, or any Christian literature. The majority of those who are pastors do not even posess a bible.

They are requesting donated materials to send to these countries. Any literature given to them is sorted then shipped to the current 89 countries. Nothing is kept or given to anyone whose country is abundantly blessed.

The following is a list of what they are looking for:

Bibles-All verisons-both hard and soft
Bible Commentaries-single volumes and sets
Bible Concordances
Bible Dictionaries
Bible History
Theological, Discipleship, Evangelism, Chirch Ministry,etc.
Christian Books-all kinds
Christian Novels
Christian Youth Books
Christian and Non-Christian Childrens Books
Hymn Books
Sunday School Materials-complete pieces-no broken sets please
Christian Magazines and Pamphlets such as:
-Moody Monthly
-Christianity Today
-Decision
-Focus on the Family
-In Touch
-Daily Bread
-Upper Room
-Guideposts

Professionally recorded Christian music and ministry cassettes
Sets of cassette taps on the Old and New Testaments
IN OTHER WORDS, ANY CHRISTIAN MATERIALS OF ANY KIND

Please note that those books or materials that are quality pastor materials will be shipped to Bible Seminaries or Christian Schools for all students to use. All materials not sent to these schools are sent to indigenous pastors with the instructions to distribute the materials amoung the English speaking believers. Other languages are also appreciated. (Please note non-English verisons are very welcomed and they would appreciate a note as to what language they are written in so that they may be distrubted amoung those who speak that language).

If you wish to help in regards to their shipping costs, donations may be sent to Dillsburg Missionary Alliance Church, 599 Range End Road, Dillsburg, PA 17019 or to Don Shuey at the address below. Please Mark the MEMO line to say "For Third World Books".

For those who live in the Pennsylvania area there is a drop off point in Camp Hill. You may deliver your book donations to Farr Family Tire & Auto Service located at 3537 Hartzdale Drive, across from the Capital City Mall & Woody's Workout.

If you have any questions please contact the following:
-Don Shuey (717) 761-3224 1120 Columbus Avenue, Apt #4, Lemoyne, PA 17043
or
-Bob Kennedy (717) 763-8882

Please understand they do not make any sort of profit from this nor do they want to. Their only intent is to spread the knowledge of God to those who are less fortunate then ourselves. If you would like more information regarding this ministry as well as testimonials please let me know, and the soonest I recieve the information I will pass it along to those who are interested. Also, if you are not in a postion to help but know somone who does please pass this along.

Thank-you

Posts: 21 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement