Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » The Christian News   » Check this out

Author Topic: Check this out
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Zechariah 14:2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.

Zechariah 12:3 And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it.

Matthew 24:9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name’s sake.

Matthew 24:6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

Luke 21:24 And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 3 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This article is from a link on Brother Ripp’s website: www.rapturenews.com

It speaks pretty well to the issue at hand.

http://www.rapturealert.com/041205frighteningheadline.html

A Frightening Headline
by Michael G. Mickey
(4-12-05)

Want to see a frightening headline? How about this one, end times observers? US-Israeli Relations at Lowest Point in Years! Why are things so bad between the United States and longtime ally Israel?

1. The growing perception that Israel has hampered U.S. policy goals in the Middle East.
2. The Quartet's road map peace plan.

Within the news story the frightening headline above refers to, I found the comment that the perception in Washington is Israel has hampered U.S. policy goals in the Middle East. How exactly has Israel hampered U.S. policy goals? A U.S.official quoted in the Middle East Newsline story provides the answer: "The administration wants to focus its Middle East policy on a military exit from a democratic Iraq. This goal requires significant international cooperation and that's where Israeli policy has been seen as a hindrance." Got it?

In plainspeak, the United States wants to get out of Iraq, but the Arab world's hostility toward Israel, as well as the United States' friendship with Israel, is keeping the region's radical elements stirred up. This is why President Bush is currently telling Ariel Sharon to return to the Quartet's road map peace plan, as documented in a Fox News story. He's essentially saying to Ariel Sharon, "Hurry up and give the Palestinians their land so we can put an end to the hate that's keeping all this strife stirred up in the Middle East and get out of Iraq!"

Demonstrative of the heightened tensions between Israel and the U.S., the Middle East Newsline story indicates relations between Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon and President Bush are strained as a result of the Quartet's road map - to the point Bush has avoided meeting or maintaining direct contact with Sharon, whom his administration views as unreliable and "lacking in vision." Sadly, it's the United States of America's leadership, President Bush included, that lacks the vision to realize its support of the internationally-backed road map peace plan may be leading the United States of America toward divine wrath and, potentially, the entire world toward the seven-year Tribulation Period to come - the reason why I call the headline 'US-Israeli Relations at Lowest Point in Years' frightening!

God has made a covenant!

In ancient times, covenants were sometimes confirmed by the two parties involved walking between calves and other animals which were cut to pieces and scattered upon the ground. A description of this practice is seen in Jeremiah 34:18, as well as in Genesis 15. As I once heard it explained, those involved in making such a covenant were essentially saying they would rather be torn asunder as the animals they walked between were, as opposed to breaking the conditions of their covenant.

In Genesis 15:7-10, we see a dialogue between the Lord and Abram concerning a covenant that was about to be made between them concerning Abram inheriting Israel's covenant lands:

[/I]And he said unto him, I am the LORD that brought thee out of Ur of the Chaldees, to give thee this land to inherit it.

And he said, Lord GOD, whereby shall I know that I shall inherit it?

And he said unto him, Take me an heifer of three years old, and a she goat of three years old, and a ram of three years old, and a turtledove, and a young pigeon.

And he took unto him all these, and divided them in the midst, and laid each piece one against another: but the birds divided he not.[/I]

Once the conditions were set for the Lord and Abram to pass between the animal carcasses, the Lord put Abram to sleep, as seen in Genesis 15:12:

And when the sun was going down, a deep sleep fell upon Abram; and, lo, an horror of great darkness fell upon him.

Once the sun was down, the Lord walked between the animal pieces while Abram lay sleeping, demonstrating His commitment to the covenant alone. Why did God go it alone in making the covenant? Because God wasn't going to leave the future of Israel's covenant lands in the hands of fallible man, not even Abram, whom James 2:23 tells us was called the Friend of God! God was personally going to see to it that His plan concerning the future nation of Israel's lands proceeded according to His will so He and He alone made the covenant!

Genesis 15:17-18:

And it came to pass, that, when the sun went down, and it was dark, behold a smoking furnace, and a burning lamp that passed between those pieces.
In the same day the LORD made a covenant with Abram, saying, Unto thy seed have I given this land, from the river of Egypt unto the great river, the river Euphrates:

Does this covenant between God and Abram and Abram's descendants still exist? You better believe it does!

Genesis 17:7-8:
And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee.
And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.

As those familiar with the Bible know, the children of Israel temporarily lost possession of their covenant lands in the past as a result of their "stiffnecked" rebellion against God, but God's promise to them was this, as seen in Ezekiel 36:24:

For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.

God hasn't forgotten His covenant with the nation of Israel. The lands He gave the children of Israel as an everlasting possession He still intends for them to have, but the international community, in spite of the fact God has gathered the children of Israel from the four corners of the planet and placed them back in their lands since Israel was born as a nation in 1948, wants to overrule the Almighty and divide Israel's covenant lands among its enemies in the interest of a lasting peace that isn't going to come until the Prince of Peace returns to establish it. In spite of this reality, the promise of peace is coming, perhaps soon, to the Middle East - an illusionary promise of peace the Antichrist will create when he confirms a covenant of peace seven years in length in the Middle East "with many" (Daniel 9:26-27).

Who is the "many" of Daniel's prophecy? The "many" may not be anywhere in sight on the world stage, but one has to wonder, in light of the international community's gritty resolve to find a lasting solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict!

From the very first day I heard of the Quartet of Russia, the United States, the European Union, and the United Nations being formed, I've wondered whether the "many" of Daniel's prophecy has arrived on the world's diplomatic stage, setting the stage for the Roman prince of Daniel 9:26 to make his move in the Middle East.

Speculatively, assuming for a moment the Quartet is in fact the "many" of Daniel's prophecy, the Bush administration has the United States buried up to its neck in involvement in mankind's attempt to supersede the will of God by dividing Israel's covenant lands among its enemies, as well as, perhaps, the advent of the ultimate example of demon-possessed humanity - the Antichrist.

The Lord didn't walk among the animal carcasses in Genesis 15, indicating He'd be torn to shreds before He'd break His covenant with Abram for nothing! That's why I call a headline that reads 'US-Israeli Relations at Lowest Point in Years' a frightening headline, particularly when the issue that's causing the rift in relations deals with the possession of Israel's covenant lands.

Pray for our leaders in government. Clearly, they need all the wisdom we can convince God to bestow upon them where the topic of our nation's loyalty to the nation of Israel is concerned! America needs to repent of its support of the Quartet's road map to peace --- and FAST.

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyearandcounting
Advanced Member
Member # 4449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneyearandcounting     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been watching Isreal for awhile. There are four places I have Kept an eye on. The U.S. is one. Its interesting to see what our Christian president is up to very interesting. Europe is a good place to watch to.

God bless
greg

--------------------
Acts9:18 And straightway there fell from his eyes as it were scales, and he received his sight; and he arose and was baptized.

Posts: 183 | From: winder Ga | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I see that this actually has to happen in order for God's revealed plan to be fulfilled. I know that the Bible speaks of Israel giving up land for peace (can't remember where, but I know it's there), and unfortunately they have to fall for (at least) the initial deception of the AC. I'm sure there will be Many Jews who will not take the Mark of the Beast and will remember what faithful Christians tried to tell them about the true Messiah. God will indeed save Israel, but not before the whole world comes against them (that means that the U.S. is going to either abandon them or come against them too - IF the U.S. isn't completely destroyed that is...). At least that's my understanding of things... But I'm not saying my understanding is by any means accurate! Linda's a great one on this topic!

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ripp
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sick over this whole Israel thing. I think the only way to explain it at this point is that God is allowing this to happen for awhile. There's no other way to explain it. I was sadened when I read this article today:

quote:
"The tension here, the atmosphere here looks like the eve of a civil war," Sharon said in an interview broadcast Monday by NBC News. "All my life I was defending life of Jews. Now for the first time I'm taking steps to protect me from Jews."

Sharon in U.S.: Israel on "eve of civil war" and I need protection from Jews

If people would only read the Bible. [Frown] Oh well, we know it's coming. Things sure seem to be speeding up over there. Israel is in my prayers daily. [Prayer]

God bless. [Bible] [Cross] [Prayer]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eight thousand Jews are being forced from their homes in Gaza and the West Bank. Among those being forced to move are the members of the Cohen family. This family has suffered irreparable loss at the hands of Palestinian gunmen.
Tehilla Cohen goes for a ride on her new wheelchair.

We have written several times concerning the Cohen children from Gaza who were injured when their school bus was bombed by Palestinian terrorists. Two teachers were killed; Orit Cohen lost a foot, her brother,Yisrael, lost half his leg, and older sister, Tehilla, lost both legs. The Jerusalem Prayer Team purchased, through your donations, a motorized wheelchair for Tehilla. The children have returned home after many months of recuperation and rehabilitation in Tel-Aviv.

This family will now lose their home in Gaza as a result of the forced evictions. Jewish homes and land have now been given to the very people who have terrorized the Jewish people who live there.

Now President Bush is pressuring Prime Minister Sharon to halt settlement expansion, and stop building homes for the displaced Jews. That means many of those forced to move will have no place to go.

Please click here, and let President Bush know today that you do not agree. It is urgent! The President and Prime Minister Sharon are meeting today. Let your voice be heard!

The following is an article by Nathan Guttman, Haaretz Correspondent:

Bush says he will pressure Israel to halt settlement expansion
By Nathan Guttman, Haaretz Correspondent

U.S. President George W. Bush said on Tuesday that he will press Prime Minister Ariel Sharon at their meeting next week to abide by a U.S.-backed road map peace plan which calls for "no expansion" of Jewish settlements.

"Our position is very clear, that the road map is important. And the road map calls for no expansion of the settlements," Bush told reporters ahead of his meeting next Monday with Sharon at the U.S. president's ranch in Crawford, Texas.

Bush was referring to a controversial Israeli plan to expand the West Bank settlement of Ma'aleh.

Meanwhile, senior Israeli officials issued assurances Tuesday that the plan to expand Ma'aleh Adumim would not overshadow a planned summit between Sharon and Bush next week.

The officials - senior Sharon aide Dov Weissglas, his political adviser Shalom Turgeman and Israel's ambassador to Washington, Danny Ayalon - held two meetings Tuesday with U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, in which they discussed Sharon's upcoming trip. The sides dealt with the Ma'aleh Adumim plan, but did not reach agreement on the matter. It was clarified, however, that the settlement expansion plan would not overshadow the Bush-Sharon summit.

The U.S. administration believes Israel must uphold a total freeze on construction in the territories, while Israel's attitude is that certain areas within the large settlement blocs can be built up, citing U.S. recognition of these communities.

Sharon is slated to meet Bush at his Crawford, Texas ranch on Monday. The prime minister will then head to Washington to meet senior administration officials before his return to Israel.

On Monday, the prime minister reportedly told the Knesset Foreign Affairs and Defense Committee that Israel should press forward with the plan despite American and Palestinian objections.

According to a participant at the meeting, Sharon made it clear that he wanted to go ahead with the proposed construction of 3,500 housing units in the area known as E-1, a five-kilometer corridor between Ma'aleh Adumim and Jerusalem.

"There is a need to carry out construction in E-1," the participant quoted Sharon as saying. "This program has been in existence for 10 years. We should definitely move ahead with it."

But the premier gave no time frame for beginning work on the project, the participant said.

Housing Minister Isaac Herzog, who discussed the plan with U.S. Deputy National Security Adviser Elliott Abrams on Monday during a meeting in Washington, said that the plan is still in the preliminary planning stages, and his office is not dealing with it all.

Herzog stressed that Ma'aleh Adumim will be part of Israel under any agreement with the Palestinians, adding that the Palestinians already accepted this in principle in the Geneva Initiative.

However, he said, it is necessary to find a solution that will enable territorial contiguity both between Ma'aleh Adumim and Jerusalem and between the northern and southern sections of a Palestinian state.

Join the Jerusalem Prayer Team Now!

Do not reply to this email. Please address email inquiries to jpteam@sbcglobal.net

Jerusalem Prayer Team
P.O. Box 210489
Bedford, TX 76095
1-800-825-3872
http://www.jerusalemprayerteam.org

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement