Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » The Christian News   » Appeal Filed to Restore Terri's Feeding Tube

Author Topic: Appeal Filed to Restore Terri's Feeding Tube
Ripp
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WhiteEagle wrote:
quote:
Yes, I wonder what took Rev Jackson so long?
Well, the political winds have been known to shift back and forth quite profusely. Could it be that he had to find a political cause before a moral one? Nah...not him... [Razz]

Seriously though, my Spirit is troubled by this. Starving someone to death?! Oh, the darkness of this world...

How's that passage go...oh yeah... [Wink]

12And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold. [Matthew 24:12]

Maranatha! [Bible] [Cross] [Prayer]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteEagle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ripp:
I agree. I'm angry, I'm sad...blah...

The thing I don't get is Jessie Jackson. Let's think about this now. Why wait this long to come out in defense? I smell a rat! What's his agenda?!

God bless. [Bible] [Cross] [Prayer]

Yes, I wonder what took Rev Jackson so long?

Now I hear that Micheal Schiavo is going to have an autopsy done to PROVE (according to him) that she doesn't have any cognitive brain tissue.

It's terrible that he will do that, but not allow any kind of PET scan or Cat scan now or previous to pulling the feeding tube.

I know many people are praying for Terri and her family during this time. May God arise! And the enemies be scattered!

Posts: 1392 | From: Maine | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ripp
unregistered

I agree. I'm angry, I'm sad...blah...

The thing I don't get is Jessie Jackson. Let's think about this now. Why wait this long to come out in defense? I smell a rat! What's his agenda?!

God bless. [Bible] [Cross] [Prayer]

WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteEagle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My prayer is for God's intervention. Our country is sinking to a new and terrible low point.

Don't people realize that there are people WALKING around that have Feeding tubes, not just physically disabled or severely mentally disabled people.

I am in disbelief at how stubborn and unfeeling the judges are who have heard this case, and how one-sided the judicial system is when it comes to this disabled woman.

America is currently lacking in any political heros.

Governors can stop executions of people convicted by judges of murder, but can't seem to be able to grant pardon's to innocent disabled people.

The sad thing is that it seems that many Americans think this is acceptable to allow someone to be starved to death, a person who was not in the dying process previous to the tube removal. Any of us would die the same way, if we were denied food and water.

Armed guards are present to make sure that Terri is starved to death. 10 year old children are handcuffed. Adults are arrested and fined for tresspassing in an area that would usually welcome people with compassion and caring, (a hospice facility.)

Sounds like a scene from a communist country.

Our country is losing more of it's soul.

Posts: 1392 | From: Maine | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ripp:

[QUOTE] VATICAN CITY — Pope John Paul II (search) may have to return to the hospital to have a feeding tube inserted , an Italian news agency reported Tuesday. It stressed that no decision had been made.

R E A L L Y interesting - I'm sure this will have an impact on the T. Shiavo case. This whole story is growing bigger every day. It seems that is all CNN is reporting now. Even Jesse Jackson was outside of the Hospice supporting the family, and saying prayers for them.

Can't help but think that God is leading up to something massive in all of this. Maybe this is our intoduction to the "signs and wonders" era.

Ripp
unregistered

Well now, isn't THIS interesting:

quote:
VATICAN CITY — Pope John Paul II (search) may have to return to the hospital to have a feeding tube inserted , an Italian news agency reported Tuesday. It stressed that no decision had been made.
Report: Pope May Get Feeding Tube

Let's pray that he remains conscious. Wouldn't want any grab-happy power-hungry judges over there to start pullin' plugs. [mad2]

HisGrace
unregistered

Pat Boone was on Larry King Live last night and as you probably know his grandson has a somewhat similar story from a very serious fall down a number of feet in a lobby (not sure where)a number of years ago. The doctors tried to say he was brain dead and wanted to pull "the plug" and the family absolutely refused, and he has made terrific progress.

Chris Pixley was host last night and this is part of his interview with Pat Boone.

PIXLEY: Of course, Pat Boone, you have a different story. Your grandson emerged from a coma, has been able to talk to you about it. And of course, you're the voice of morality in this country. Why do you support the Schindler family the way you do?

PAT BOONE, CHRISTIAN SINGER: She's alive. She looks -- we've all seen it. When her mother or somebody who loves her talks to her, she turns to them, she smiles, she makes sounds as if she's trying to speak, respond to their questions. But the main thing is she's alive. And I -- I think about Thomas Jefferson who in the Declaration of Independence said, "we hold these truths to be self-evident, all mean are created equal and endowed by their creator with certain rights, among these, life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness."

She doesn't have much happiness right now, but she seems to be happiest, and it is noticeable, when her mom or somebody who loves her speaks to her. She does responds, turns toward the speaker. And, you know, doctors make their diagnoses and they do it with all their best intentions and best knowledge, but sometimes they're wrong.

They said the same thing about our grandson, Ryan. And we've been on this program a number of times and asked people to pray, and they did. And Ryan was diagnosed by his doctors as being in a permanent vegetative state on a respirator, never be able to breathe or talk or do anything. And they say, you better give some thought to how long you want to maintain him in this condition. In other words, when will you want to pull the plug?

If we had believed the doctor's diagnose and accepted it, we would be visiting Ryan in a cemetery now. But we didn't believe it, and we said to them, you're the medical team, we're the faith team, let's work together, and we have.

And you see pictures of Ryan, which really are maybe a year old. He's fought much further along. He's on a recumbent bike. He pedals himself. Use of both arms. He can wrap his arm around his mom and tell her he loves her. And he is coming back to us steadily.

And I think there are a couple of doctors who've spent ten hours with Terri, and they say that this -- this one doctor yesterday was on national television saying, I do not believe she's in a vegetative state. She's trying to talk, and if I were given the opportunity, I guarantee I could restore her speech.

PIXLEY: When we return, Pat, I'm going to ask you the tough question, what about Christians who are signing advanced directives now? We'll be back in a minute.

PIXLEY: And of course, Pat Boone, the only person really that's ever had this experience, faced it, had a family member in this situation. Pat, do you see parallels here, and do you believe there is reason, after 15 years, for Terri's family to hold out hope?

BOONE: Yes, because, A, there was a lady on television yesterday who was in the same shape as Terri, and they -- she was being starved and dehydrated for nine days. And there was a picture of her grimace. And she said she was -- while she was in that state, and they were not just letting her die, but causing her to die for the same reason, that she was screaming internally, please, I'm hungry, please, give me something to drink. She was in pain. The difference is that her husband was fighting for her life.
In this case, Terri's husband is fighting to see her die. And the big question is, did she ever really say what he says she said? And would she have changed her mind over these last 15 years? She never put anything in writing. We don't know what her will is at this point.

All we do see on the pictures that are on the screen right now are smiles, and a face that glows with what seems to be recognition and joy when someone she knows and loves is with her. And there are -- well, the doctor that was mentioned here earlier, A Nobel Prize nominee was with her for 10 hours and she is trying to speak. She is somewhat cognitive. And that if he is given the opportunity, he can bring her back -- bring her speech back. Now, I wonder...

Larry King Live Show

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yesterdays news was alarming; I have been in prayer over this and I really feel that God spoke this to me...I will not give the US courts the glory for her life, and I will not give ANY the glory for her life.

Isaiah 42:8 I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.

I believe that we need to see these things.

1. It is Almighty God that has kept Terri Shrivo alive for the past 7 days and not man's technology. To God Alone be the Glory because Terri Shrivo lives this day. To God alone be glory if Terri dies this day. We really need to get this.

Ecclesiastes 8:8 There is no man that hath power over the spirit to retain the spirit; neither hath he power in the day of death: and there is no discharge in that war; neither shall wickedness deliver those that are given to it.

2. We need to know and to rest and to give thanksgiving, because we know that God Alone has kept her alive these days and He is not a cruel God and so He also keeps her now without pain or suffering. Again the God on HIGH give Glory.

3. Whether he takes her now; or whether he retores her. To God Alone goes the Glory and it should be Glory.

4. We place our trust in the wrong things. I really believe that we do this with out even knowing this. We will even blame the court if she dies. We wait and we pray for a court to keep Terri Alive. It is God that is keeping Terry Shrive Alive, not a court, not a tube, not a prayer to ANY OTHER for Mercy, but GOD. She will pass from this life when God ordains, and not one second before or after HE ALONE ordains.

5. I believe that we need to join in faith for Terri's full and miraculous restoration, and we need to believe that God can do this.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
unregistered

Ripp,

I totally agree with your posting! All of the courts decisions have been such a huge disappointment and I cannot understand why they have ruled against Terri. How do they know for a true fact that this what she would want. They're going only on her husband's word and they are just totally siding with Mr. Shiavo. One has to wonder what will come next when there seems to be such a total disregard for someone's life! We must keep Terri and her family in our prayers.

In Christ's love,
Gramajo320

Ripp
unregistered

I'm just sick on this. This opens a big can of worms. Who's next? Those with Parkinsons disease? M.S.? Might as well put the cancer patients out early...

Sick, sick world. Come my Lord, COME! [Bible] [Cross] [Prayer]

Gramajo320
unregistered

The supreme court has just denied the request for Terri Shiavo's feeding tube to be re-inserted. They gave no reason as to why they've ruled this way and apparently they don't have to give any reason. This is such a tragedy and we all need to keep Terri and also her family in our prayers. Lord hold Terri close in your blessed comforting arms and bless her. Comfort and bless her family also and we give you all the thanks.

In Christ's love,
Gramajo320

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1964 the Supreme Court expelled God from the class room.

1973 the Supreme Court legalized abortion.

2005 the Courts legalize the execution by dehydration of the disabled.

Father God we call for You to move with might and with power upon our nation, and may Your judgements fall, and may the iniquity in high places be thrown down, may the blinders upon the eyes be dropped, the shackles upon the hearts broken, may our nation be brought down, and the hearts broken and the people drop to their kness and seek Thee. The blood of the innocent stains our Land O'Lord, and the victims cry out for justice, hear their cries O Father, and move with judgement upon the evil in this people.

Let not one more child be murdered Father, come with Your justice and strike down the evil and cast judgement upon the predators. May Your perfect will sweep through the hearts of Your children, may Your love lift them up, may You draw them together in unity and may we stand against the evil seeping into every fibre of our nation. May Your fires of judgement burn out the iniquity, and set Your children free. May Thy Will be done, as we kneel and yeild our hearts, our lives, every fibre of our being to our Lord our God. In Jesus' name.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen Grammajo!!!!!!

It is horrendous. Her husband should have divorced her and let her family love and care for her. The money that was awarded for her care is being used to use the courts to end her life. It just breaks my heart. May our Lord move mightily in this situation and have Terri in His hand.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
unregistered

Terri's husband by his actions and his own words has proven over and over again that he has no love in his heart for Terri whatsoever! This morning on the national news his attorney tried to portray him as the loving husband which is so far from the truth! One would think that his conscience would bother him so much! However that is not the case either! He wants what only he wants for himself and shows no regard for Terri or her family at all!

I am so very disappointed in the federal court judge's ruling and I do not understand how the judge could even make such a ruling! It is not right whatsoever to deprive Terri of liquids and nourishment! Also whenever they've shown Terri on the news one can see Terri's eye movement and her smiles so I cannot believe she is brain dead at all. When any animals are deprived of liquids and food the owners of those animals are arrested and put on trial. So how can this happen to Terri! Terri's husband should have been stripped of his guardianship very long ago and it should have been given to her parents! The court system has not been fair to Terri who certainly is the innocent victim in this case! I just don't understand how this can be happening when it is just ever so wrong! The Lord be with Terri and keep her comforted and bless her and also comfort and bless her family who have tried every way they could think of to save her life!

In Christ's love,
Gramajo320

WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Micael Shiavo THE ULTIMATE ABUSIVE SPOUSE

He is making Terri's parents go throug a strip search before visiting their daughter on her death bed. There is an armed guard at Terri's bedside, and even her priest is not allowed to see her!

Our society would treat any animal this way!

Terrorists are given better treatment!

Convicted serial murders are given better treatment and they are guilty.

Terri is innocent and she is not a vegetable, she is a human being.

Our court system has just stooped to a new low!

WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

yesterday I heard about nurses who worked in a facility where Terri lived in 1995. They have signed statements that Terri was able to say a few words and was definitely responsive to people. One nurse states that Micheal Schievo controlled all of Terri's care and refused to allow any rehab or therapy for Terri. He intimitated the staff at this facility and threatened to get anyone fired who went against His orders.

This same nurse states there was one episode, in which Micheal went to visit Terri, and locked the door, and was with her for about 20 minutes.

After he left the nurse found Terri to be lethargic, shaking and crying and when she checked her blood sugar, it was so low, it didn't read on the machine. the nurse gave Terri glucose and it brought her around. the nurse also found an empty vial of Regular Insulin in the trash in Terri's room. The nurse went to the police that night, but they refused to investigate it.

There has been a court gag order on all people who might have anything positve to say about Terri's condition since 2003, and this is why this nurse and others could not speak up.

This man Micheal has not been a "husband" to Terri, as he has been living and having children with another woman for several years.

I can't understand why the courts are so in his favor. He should be tried for attempted murder. and be stripped of legal guardianship.

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 9 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This just breaks my heart too! Why can't her husband just allow her parents to care for her? I haven't followed the story really closely so I don't know all that's going on, but I can't see allowing someone to die of starvation and thirst. This is Horrible IMO. I don't consider a feeding tube to be life by 'artificial means' - I personally would not want to have my life extended by a respirator, but I would not want to be left to waste away this way either. Give the woman nurishment and allow God to take her home in HIS time.

Ok... Emotional rant over now [Frown]

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Appeal Filed to Restore Terri's Feeding Tube
Tuesday, March 22, 2005

TAMPA, Fla. — Terri Schiavo's (search) parents filed an appeal with a federal court Tuesday afternoon to order their severely brain-damaged daughter's feeding tube reconnected.

"Where, as here, death is imminent, it is hard to imagine more critical and exigent circumstances," David Gibbs III, attorney for Schiavo's parents, Bob and Mary Schindler (search), told the 11th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Atlanta in the electronically filed appeal. "Terri is fading quickly and her parents reasonably fear that her death is imminent."

The move came after a federal judge early Tuesday morning refused to order the reinsertion of the tube. U.S. District Judge James Whittemore (search) said the Schindlers had not established a "substantial likelihood of success" at trial on the merits of their arguments.

Late in the afternoon, the Schindlers arrived at their daughter's hospice and Terri's mother again pleaded with state lawmakers to save her life.

"Please, senators, for the love of God, I'm begging you, don't let my daughter die of thirst," Mary Schindler said.

With that, she broke down, and was escorted away.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement