Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » The Christian News   » Wolves and Children

Author Topic: Wolves and Children
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I see what you are saying now, white eagle; thanks for your clairifcation. Our disagreement is a matter of symanitics perhaps. When you say wolves and when I hear or say wolves we speak of two different things.

I see that wolves are wolves and never become sheep. I believe that the scripture teaches that there are wolves and there are sheep and wolves don't become sheep, but sometimes look like sheep because they wear sheep's clothing, but if you strip away the clothing they are still wolves.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteEagle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Linda,

Calling evil what it is is not judging falsely, and no has said that even "wolves" can't repent.

While anyone who sins and thinks they are doing something "good" are deceived.
Wolves seek "prey" or converts. When people are deceived like abortion clinic workers they are "wolves" because they put their deceit into action. They don't want women to have sonagrams or see literature that shows medical information about fetal development. They know, that if women see a picture of what a 4 week old fetus looks like, they may not get an abortion sale.

God can redeem even the wolves in sheep's clothing.

Any doctor or any abortion clinic worker who has witnessed one abortion and continues to do it, is a wolf. They have seen the truth, but continue to be blinded to the lie. That is evil.

I believe strong direct words are necessary as the Abortion industry cloaks itself as a do-gooder, and helper of women.

Posts: 1392 | From: Maine | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am sorry, I disagree with the assumptions that are made in this thread that all who are involved in the abortion industry are wolves or the worst kind of evil.

I am not a wolf; I am a sheep, but I was once deceived. I once believed that abortion was a woman's right and while I always believed it was murder, I did believe that it was between a woman and her god and not the business of anyone else. I myself considered abortion myself 3 times, and praise GOD it was HIM, HIS HOLY Spirit that would not allow me to do this, but it would be many many years after my last child was born before God would finally get through to me the truth about abortion.

For years I volunteered in one respect or another in this industry and I proudly paraded about with my "ProLife ProChild" bumper sticker.

I worked to keep Roe v Wade in tact; I volunteered at Planned Parenthood; I supported legalized abortion with my time and my dollars and my mouth.

I was deceived. I had to repent and confess my sin. I had to get on my knees and cry out to God for what I had done, but I was not evil or a wolf; I was deceived!!!!

I know a man who is a Christian and used to be an abortion doctor; he too was deceived believing that he was doing something good by offering women a service that they would have likely had anyway, but because of his work could at least have it without going to a back alley abortionist. Will God judge him,who has been by the power of the Holy Spirit been shown his error, more harshly than he would judge Paul for persecuting Christians?

Sometimes, God allows us to go through these things that he can use us to bring about his will in the earth and minister to those who HE wants to minister to.

The doctor that I know that performed abortion can witness much more effectivly the truth of Christ to those of his peers who are still deceived because he was deceived.

I because of what the Lord has led me through can tell you that much of what we do in this country to fight against abortion is simply a distraction that keeps us from doing what we are supposed to be doing and that is making disciples.

Abortion will happen whether in the open or in the back allies, because abortion happens in the heart long before it ever occurs in the flesh and the only thing that will ever stop abortion is the turning of the hearts of mothers and abortionists to GOD Almighty.

So, be careful how you judge and what you judge. Abortion is sin and it is evil and it is one of the most henous sins that we can think of, but the judging of who is wolf and who is sheep and who will be saved and who is evil is not for us. We never know what God can and will do in the life of another human being.

We need to aproach the abortionist and the woman who seeks him out as someone who needs Christ, because they do. And if you go about approaching the abortionist and those who work in this industry as though they are the evil of all evils and wolves fit only for destruction, it is not likely that you will shed much light in that part of the world.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteEagle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dennis Green,

May God bless you as a mighty warrior with the armor of Christ!

America is guilty of innocent blood for over 30 years now.

Abortion clinics cover the sins of incest and rape by doing abortions on underage girls. They have killed a whole generation of our youth. The walking wounded are the unsuspecting women who believe the lie of Satan, that it's just a "choice". Afterward they know they killed their own baby.

Abortion doctors and clinic workers are the worst kind of evil, IMO. They are wolves in sheep's clothing.

And Yes I agree the Church needs to wake up. It's terrible a youth pastor would want his own child murdered.

We need to keep in prayer, as the tide is turning, and many people are starting to wake up.

God bless your ministry.

Posts: 1392 | From: Maine | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Praise God for the lives that you have helped save!!!! For now these children may have a opportunity to come to know our Lord and Savior!

You have my prayers as well.

God Bless your ministry and keep you safe as you share HIS Word with the lost and decieved. [Prayer]

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lifeandliberty
Advanced Member
Member # 4329

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lifeandliberty   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by HisGrace:
Lifeandliberty, I really respect and admire you for having the courage to get involved in the street ministry of such a sensitive issue.

I feel led to pray for the safety and protection of you and your fellow workers. It must be very difficult not to get discouraged as well. Also praying for the inner strength and power of the Holy Spirit to continue to follow the path on which the Lord has led you.

I honestly do appreciate your prayers. Thanks
Posts: 29 | From: Virginia | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lifeandliberty, I really respect and admire you for having the courage to get involved in the street ministry of such a sensitive issue.

I feel led to pray for the safety and protection of you and your fellow workers. It must be very difficult not to get discouraged as well. Also praying for the inner strength and power of the Holy Spirit to continue to follow the path on which the Lord has led you.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lifeandliberty
Advanced Member
Member # 4329

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lifeandliberty   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wolves and Children

The fact of the matter is that some forms of "ministry work" are more appealing to the flesh than others. I rejoice that the Heavenly Father has put me where I am, but I don't find street outreach at abortion clinics to be very enjoyable. As a matter of fact I am finding that abortion clinic outreach is very unpleasant.

Although there are many examples I could give, let me just share two experiences I have had in the last week to illustrate what I mean. Last week I encountered three individuals as they approached the door to "Richmond Medical Center for Women". I approached a young girl of fifteen with her parents. I began to share information about the dangers of abortion, the help available, and the Gospel. To my suprise, the young girls father allowed me to share at length.

In the end, the family tearfully went home with the daughters preborn child still intact. This may sound like a wonderful victory, and it was to some degree.

But here is the problem I so often see on the street. It's cowardice and complacency on the part of family members who bring their loved ones to have their children chopped up. It never ceases to amaze me how many of the family members who bring girls to the clinic claim to be opposed to the decision to kill the baby. This of course doesn't stop them from driving the car, offering "support" etc. So many today are steeped in cowardice and complacency and are so worried that they might offend, that they actually become accomplices in the murder of the innocent child. By God's grace, we are sometimes able to infuse some backbone into these accomplices and they actually rise up and play a key role in saving the childs life. More often that not, however, they simply stand around and do nothing.

I encountered a "wolf" two days ago at "A Capital Women's Health Clinic". Some may doubt this and say that wolves are not native to this geographical area, but they would be mistaken. I have seen dozens of these wolves over the years, and yes, they are very deadly, especially when cornered or when they feel threatened by someone moving too close into thier comfort zone.

This wolf was in the process of killing one of its young. As I tried to intercede on behalf of a baby scheduled to be killed, this creature of the night lashed out at me. I honestly thought that this would be the day that I would be physically attacked as he and another man charged up and began screaming at me, nose to nose, from three inches away. It was from this distance that I realized that this was not the garden variety dog but a true wolf. As I sought to speak to a woman around this screaming individual, he made his true identity known. This was a "Youth Minister" no less, that sought to use Scripture (dreadfully out of context) to attack me and defend his choice to have his girlfriend's baby killed.

Those who are unfamiliar with outreach at abortion clinics may think that this was a freak occurance and by no means is the norm at the killing centers. Well, the truth is, this is all too often the case. Sin, like yeast, permiates the "church". In my years of clinic outreach I have witnessed hundreds of professing christians, Bible College students, church leaders and their children, even family members have their babies killed simply because they could.

I become so grieved, and at times weary, as I stand on the sidewalk day after day, raising my voice in defense of the innocent and the Gospel, while multitudes walk by in complete indifference. With Churches all around, one would think that compassion for murdered children would rise up in many hearts and more voices would be raised in their defense. In all truth, the majority of "Christians" I encounter at the clinics are not there to stand for truth, but rather to have their children secretly killed.

I pray for the day when this sleeping Body wakes up and decides to live as of Body of Messiah is called to live. When that happens, children will be protected, wolves will be exposed, and voices will be raised in defense of the truth in those places where there is deafening silence.

Dennis Green, Pro-life Missionary

http://www.lifeandlibertyministries.com

Posts: 29 | From: Virginia | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement