Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » The Christian News   » Will you help free the Philadelphia 4?

Author Topic: Will you help free the Philadelphia 4?
Gramajo320
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course homosexuality is a sin!!! During the
CD'A, ID counter rallys that were held each year in protest of the white supremecists, scriptural readings from the bible were always a part of the programs. Also in PA christians could circulate petitions to help get the laws that ban the bible, etc. changed by putting it to a vote by the people to change those laws that are now so outrageous! Peaceful rallys went a long way in ID in countering the hatred of the white supremecists.

In Christ's love,
Gramajo320

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was under the impression that they were arrested for quoting scripture against homosexuality. I don't pay a lot of attention to the news, so I will have to do some research, I guess.

But is there a difference? In speaking out against homosexuality and speaking the words of scripture against homosexuality?

It is not always peace-able to do so, but I do not think we can be silent regarding sin. I think we have to call sin sin or else we have ourselves blood on our hands. I think this is scriptural. Do you agree or not?

From what I have read of these that were arrested, their demeanor was that of Holy Spirit led meekness, calm & gentleness, but their words were non the less hard words. I think that is because God's words are Hard words regarding sin.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
unregistered

I absolutely DO NOT agree with PA's laws of banning the bible, etc.! Weren't they arrested for speaking out against homosexuality which is also now against the law in other places as well as PA?

I absolutely WOULD NOT further the antichrist in any way shape or form!

I think of when the white supremecist's held their parade in CD'A, ID the people who lived there held a counter rally later in protest of the white supremecists and it was attended by many from all around the area as well as all around the world. The counter rally was well received and it did a whole lot of good in countering the white supremecists. Why wouldn't a peaceful counter rally do the same kind of good in PA?

In Christ's love,
Gramajo320

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GrandmaJo! I can not believe your comment. The day quoting scripture or speaking God's word in public becomes illegal, we had better all be prepared to break the law. The law of the land never stopped the aposltes from preaching the Gospel and it must never silence us either.
Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Favor Minded
unregistered

There were more than 11 of them video taped.

ONLY the ones who could be observed "Quoting Scripture" were arrested. The others were let go because they could not be seen quoting the Bible.

Philadelphia has been home to much of the "First Round" American Born prophecy fulfillment.

They were the first city to BAN the bible from their city hall and ANY council meetings. They were the first American city to label the Bible as Hate Speech and disallow ANY quoting from it at ANY city, state or Federal event.

The list goes on, and it seems that PA is the Heart of where we will see much of the AntiChrists agenda begin to be fulfilled here in America.

Guilty and should be charged?

I do not think so -

It is just one more thing, happening in PA, that is furthering the Gay Rights, stifling the Bible and Christians, and making way for the rise of the AntiChrist.

As people begin to accept the bible as hate speech, and begin to think as though "They Broke the law" and should be arrested, so will the coming of the Mark be, and

Just as in the days of Noah - So will the coming of the Son of Man be....

We MUST be ready - He IS Coming SOON!!

We as Christians need to keep our eyes and ears in tune to this sort of thing - It is happening more and more and we must be prepared to stand - Even if it means going to jail...

Where do we draw the line between obeying the Laws of the Land and the Bible Gramajo??

We draw the line at Violation of Biblical Principles...Going to Jail for quoting Scripture is just plain ludicrous, and AntiChrist...

It has ALWAYS been legal to preach on street corners...Now it is known as HATE SPEECH...

Shameful - Surely this is the time Paul wrote to Timothy about...

evanoff
Advanced Member
Member # 4176

Icon 1 posted      Profile for evanoff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Free the Philadelphia 4

Posted: December 20, 2004
1:00 a.m. Eastern

© 2004 WorldNetDaily.com

I'm amazed when seemingly intelligent people tell me they still think the American Civil Liberties Union is a group that fights for First Amendment freedoms no matter whose ox is being gored.

If that's the case, why is the ACLU not filing amicus briefs in Philadelphia where four Christians are facing 47 years in jail for expressing their free-speech rights?

That's right. Four Christians are facing 47 years in prison for peacefully quoting the Bible, an action an unglued local prosecutor determined to be "fighting words" when cited among homosexual activists.

It all started Oct. 10, when a total of 11 members of Repent America attended a homosexual street festival called "Outfest."

The group, ranging in age from 17 to 72, was surrounded at times by the organizers' security force, known as the "Pink Angels."

Videotapes and still photos taken at the event show the Pink Angels blocking the path of the Repent America members, shouting at them, blowing whistles and so forth. The Christians remain peaceful and calm at all times, despite what appears to be extraordinary provocation, intimidation and harassment.

Guess who was arrested?

That's right. The Christians.

And they've been charged with a long list of felonies and hate crimes that would make the Founding Fathers spin in their graves.

Repent America director Michael Marcavage is charged with three felonies – criminal conspiracy, ethnic intimidation and riot. (If you're wondering what "ethnic intimidation" means at a homosexual event, you have to understand the city of Philadelphia has extended hate crime laws to protect the sexually aberrant as well as racial minorities.) He was also hit with five misdemeanors for walking on the city sidewalks and quoting Holy Scriptures.

Mark Diener and James Cruse are charged with criminal conspiracy, failure to disperse, disorderly conduct and obstructing highways. Dennis Green is charged with criminal conspiracy, disorderly conduct and obstructing highways. The criminal conspiracy charge links all the defendants together so that Marcavage's "ethnic intimidation" hate-crime charge will apply to all of them.

This is one of the most brazen, frontal attacks on religious freedom and free speech I have seen in my lifetime. If these charges stand, Christians across America will soon be hunted down like dogs as they are in many parts of the world today as the most persecuted religious group on the planet.

It's ironic that this persecution would take place in Philadelphia, the so-called "City of Brotherly Love."

Of course, Philadelphia wasn't always so inhospitable to Christians.

It's worth remembering the very first legislative act in Pennsylvania, April 25, 1682. It was called the Great Law of Pennsylvania – and great it was.

"Whereas the glory of Almighty God and the good of mankind is the reason and the end of government, and, therefore government itself is a venerable ordinance of God ... [there shall be established] laws as shall best preserve true Christian and civil liberty, in opposition to all unchristian, licentious, and unjust practices, whereby God may have his due, and Caesar his due, and the people their due, from tyranny and oppression."

If indeed the Philadelphia 4 are convicted and sentenced to hard time, Christians need to march on the Philadelphia courthouse, encircle it, blow the trumpets and prepare to watch God work a miracle like He did at Jericho.

Continue story here:
http://wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=42011

--------------------
Lisa Evanoff
Publisher
Christian Activism News
ChristianActivism-subscribe@topica.com

Posts: 63 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement