Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » The Christian News   » Jesusland

Author Topic: Jesusland
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteEagle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Ripp for your response, it's helpful to hear from other believers around the country.

I hope other people here can share what kind of atmosphere pervades the places they live.

I am blessed to attend a Church close by that is a haven and have many good Christian friends, and that is truly a blessing of God.

I support the Salvation Army as I believe christian brothers and sister should stand together.

Posts: 1392 | From: Maine | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ripp
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eagle,

Colorado has become republican for the most part over the last ten years or so. Many folks from California and other states have bailed out and moved here. I don't blame them.

Up the road is Boulder. I would characterize it as a smaller San Francisco. Liberal as liberal can get. So, what's Boulder like? A mess. These idiots decided to put a growth limit on the city as to keep it 'pristine in nature'. Well, what that has done is caused the cost of living to skyrocket, price of homes jump and taxes are following suit. What these morons in power don't realize is that you can't 'STOP' growth without serious problems. There are two cities around Boulder that are growing rapidly because of Boulders problems. Businesses are moving out of Boulder to surrounding areas because everything is cheaper. It is also a college town and they have riots fairly often. I'm sure you have seen them on the news on occasion. I used to own a business up there and I can tell you, it's very beautiful up there, but not worth living there. It's nutty. You can't smoke cigarettes in bars up there, but you would probably only get a citation for smoking dope. If I remember correctly, they had a law they were trying to pass that would make it illegal to smoke outside, or in your car or something crazy like that. Really nutty.

Anyway, many cities around the country that are this liberal will have some of the same problems. I realize it's harder to leave a state vs. a city. But, if ALL of Colorado was like Boulder, man, I'd be gone in a heart beat. Too crazy for my taste hehe.

God bless and stay strong. [Prayer]

P.S. When I think of Boulder, I think of one night after I closed up my store and went out to eat there with friends. Off the main strip is an area with restaurants, shops and such. I remember there was this small park where homeless teenagers pitched tents and lived there. It was insane. I remember them begging for our leftovers after we left. Police didn't care. After all, they are tolerant up there. Real nutty heh...

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteEagle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To Bat Elohim and His Grace:

I'm only partly joking about moving, perhaps I can be used of the Lord here. [Smile]

But the only time I felt really totally free and able to speak my mind politically, in public was when President Bush visited Maine and all the people in the crowd were also Republicans. It was a "good" feeling. I felt safe.

The Democrats here are condescending, and quite mean. It's hard to work with them. There's a lot of darkness here in Maine.

They are self-righteous because they believe they are all inclusive by accepting Gays, but then they discriminate against Christians instead.

They make everyone pay outrageous taxes and the people here keep voting in new bond issues, like they don't get it. ie more taxes.

Our governor who is Catholic is pro-abortion and pro-Gay marriage, and plans to put forth for a 3rd time a Gay "rights". Believe me, no Gays "suffer" in Maine. They hold high positions in almost every arena, whether, it be in the public schools, medical field, lawyers, doctors, and political office.

The city of Portland banned the Salvation Army and Catholic Charities because they didn't agree of offer health care benefits to same sex or unmarried couples.

I guess I wonder if other rural parts of the country are as bad. I realize the big cities would be, but Maine is so small and rural

Posts: 1392 | From: Maine | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Politics - Reuters
Reuters
Bush Vows Second-Term Push for Palestinian State

14 minutes ago

Add to My Yahoo! Politics - Reuters

By Steve Holland and Peter Graff

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Bush (news - web sites) vowed on Friday to use the next four years to help establish a Palestinian state, and he and British Prime Minister Tony Blair (news - web sites) said they would help craft a post-Arafat strategy for making it happen.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bat Elohim
Advanced Member
Member # 3739

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bat Elohim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes we do.

--------------------
Numbers 6:24 May ADONAI bless you and keep you. 25 May ADONAI make his face shine on you and show you his favor. 26 May ADONAI lift up his face toward you and give you peace.

Posts: 704 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Although I have come to terms with Bush winning, I do believe he is danger from God because he is again
pushing for a divided Israel and starting a Palenstine State. We need to pray for him.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bat Elohim
Advanced Member
Member # 3739

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bat Elohim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol!! [Smile]

--------------------
Numbers 6:24 May ADONAI bless you and keep you. 25 May ADONAI make his face shine on you and show you his favor. 26 May ADONAI lift up his face toward you and give you peace.

Posts: 704 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't think there was any place on this earth to-day that could be called "Jesusland"

I'm going to get myself a visa and move tomorrow [thumbsup2]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bat Elohim
Advanced Member
Member # 3739

the weather is nicer down here and the people are nicer.

I think I like living in "JesusLand" [Big Grin]

lol!

--------------------

WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Now the Liberal Democrats that are bitter about losing this presidental election are calling the states that voted for Bush; Jesusland.
Also one ABC newsperson decided that the "red" Bush states are the same ones that used to believe in slavery back in the 1860's.

What else will they come up with?///????

I unfortunately live in a "blue" state: Maine that sent it's electoral votes to Kerry. But about 46% of us did vote for Bush.

I'm thinking about moving to "Jesusland".

Living in New England is sort of like living in a third world country, except the weather is worse.
The taxes are higher, the liberals are in power, and if one is conservative, one is a biased hate monger.

Is living in a "red" state really any better?

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement