Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » The Christian News   » Mad cow disease

Author Topic: Mad cow disease
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 1 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i dont think Texas cows are mad yet..

but perhaps they do appear to be a little miffed tho.. [Smile]

Seriously i would like to get back to raising our own food again..

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by helpforhomeschoolers:
he he he [Big Grin] Well if it gets too scary out there you can come out here to God's Country and we can hook you up with someone to teach you the ropes! [thumbsup2]

I can just see this city girl wrestling with a run away pigglet or chasing down a loose chicken now - might even help me loose some weight! [pound] (But I just can't get my mind around 'the ropes' part of it [Wink] )

Believe me, it's a bit tense living so close to 'ground zero' and we have thought about moving out to God's country (our Pastor owns some land in upstate Wisconsin... I've often joked with him about us all moving up there and starting our own village) [Wink] We really hate the city, it's like living in slime and not being able to get clean. I really do hope the Lord provides us a way to move out to the country sometime. But if not, he know's where to pick us up from [Wink]

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
he he he [Big Grin] Well if it gets too scary out there you can come out here to God's Country and we can hook you up with someone to teach you the ropes! [thumbsup2]
Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That definitely makes a whole lot of sense, but for us, living right outside of Washington, D.C. in suburbia, it isn't very practical LOL! We do have a wonderful farmers market run by the Amish (sp??) who do all their own butchering. They bring their goods down from PA. The food there is Wonderful!

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Razz] [Razz] [Razz] The more I hear about things like mad cow, the more I think I could learn to do my own slaughtering and butchering.

When I was a kid we buthered our own geese, ducks, and chicken. Today we are kind of the odd balls in our circle because most everyone we know ranches and/or hunts and thus they have these skills. One of the guys in our Bible study group suffered an injury that kept him from work for a very very long time and he was able to provide for his family because he could hunt. When we were out of work once he filled our freezer too. In those days, both he and we were not as thankful for grocery stores, as we were for old fashioned know how!

One thing I know about all this is the folks that grow those cows that get sent to the feedlots where they get these diseases dont send what's on their own tables to the feed lots and most of them also slaughter, butcher, and pack themselves whats in their freezers. That should tell us something.

We should all be thankful for the western grocery store, but it might behove us to at least learn the skills and just praise God if never HAVE to use them.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Amen! [Wink]

You'd be hard pressed to find someone who loves God's gift of animals as much as I do. (I have a small mini-zoo in my home LOL) I think they're one of God's most wonderful creations! However, God did give some of them to us as food (and for that I'm greatful!). They all serve their purposes according to God's design [Smile]

But I'm also very greatful that we have stores where we can buy our food already packaged, cause I don't think I could take it from the land to the table (if ya know what I mean) [Wink]

--------------------

barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 15 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greetings to all the saints...
May God grant us wisdom ..

1TIM 4:3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

1 Corinthians 8:8 But meat commendeth us not to God: for neither, if we eat, are we the better; neither, if we eat not, are we the worse.
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 5 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Umm.... where do you find that in Scripture?

--------------------

barrow
First Post
Member # 2598

Icon 1 posted      Profile for barrow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God says to us, "stop eating my animals." The purest Christians are the ones who love all of God's creatures, not those who eat them.
Posts: 1 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement