Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » The Christian News   » Mary for reason for Hope and consolation. Misssing the boat...

Author Topic: Mary for reason for Hope and consolation. Misssing the boat...
boy4God
Community Member
Member # 1763

Icon 1 posted      Profile for boy4God     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good arguement.

I agree with all of you. Why do some exalt and pray to Mary, when she birthed Jesus SON OF GOD. Hmm...gets me. Sure, Mary did birth Jesus the son of God and she raised Him and stuff but she's an imperfect human like all of us. Why pray to humans when we have our Dad and our Lord? (or His son) Which either.. [Wink]

--------------------
Fear not fellows! For greater is He who is in us than the one of the world.

Posts: 16 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know Hal and I were in Billings, MT on Friday and we were listening to the local Christian broadcast on our car radio.

It was a Bible call in show. People call in for answers to Bible questions. And, a woman called in and asked if the Father is the Father, and the Son the Son, then is the Mother the Holy Spirit, implying the Eartly Mary the encarnation of sorts of the Holy Spirit?

I was floored as they himmed and hawed to answer this question. Does NO ONE READ THEIR BIBLE!!!!!

They did finally answer this woman with a no, but not without a lot of sensless bable first! But it was not a NO! That pointed to scriptures that clearly refer to the comforter as HE. They gave her a meek answer, "well... we have heard of this, but I cant recall anything in scripture that would indicated this..."

Lord Jesus, come Quickly!

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
art
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mary's Name sure has been used and abused by the roman Catholic religion beyond comprehension. How does Mary feel when she knows she was a sinner saved by grace like us all and the roman catholics have exalted her above the God of heaven and have made our Lord Jesus Christ just a helpless baby in her arms? This religious system is an abomination and disgrace to anyone who knows the Lord Jesus Christ as their saviour.

They have indeed "missed the boat".

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 19 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Date: 2003-07-16

Pope Says Our Lady of Mount Carmel Is Source of Hope

[mad2]

Recalls a Church Feast Full of Memories of His Youth

CASTEL GANDOLFO, Italy, JULY 16, 2003 (Zenit.org).- On a day the Church was celebrating the liturgical memorial of Our Lady of Mount Carmel, John Paul II presented Mary as a reason for hope and consolation.

After greeting the Carmelites who were among the 2,000 faithful gathered for today's general audience at the papal summer residence here, the Pope highlighted the meaning of the day, which for him brought back memories.

"Today is the liturgical memory of Our Lady of Mt. Carmel," he said in Polish at the end of the audience. "This memory is especially dear to all those who are devoted to Our Lady of Mount Carmel."

"Even I, from my youngest days, have worn around my neck the scapular of Our Lady and I take refuge with trust under the mantle of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of Jesus," the Pope said.

He added: "I hope the scapular will be for everyone, especially the faithful who wear it, a help and defense in times of danger, a seal of peace and a sign of Mary's care."

The Carmel scapular wasn't the extent of Karol Wojtyla's connection with its spirituality. He gave serious thought to entering the Carmel, after reading the works of St. John of the Cross. The Spanish saint's mystical writings so moved the future Pope that he based his doctoral thesis in theology on them.

Simon Stock, general superior of the Carmelite Order, received the scapular in 1251, during an apparition of the Virgin, when she promised special assistance in life and in death to all those who wear it with devotion.

Commenting on the Holy Father's words, theologian and Mariologist Father Stefano De Fiores explained on Vatican Radio: "When we think of the Virgin of Carmel today, we think first of all of the contemplation so necessary for the world of today which is too absorbed in activity and subjected to stress and anxiety."

"At the same time, in Mary we also see beauty," said Father De Fiores, a Montfort Missionary. "This way of beauty today is particularly adapted to attract the hearts of men. According to Fyodor M. Dostoyevsky, beauty will save the world. However, not any beauty but redeemed beauty, as Pavel Evdokimov emphasizes."

With her beauty, Mary indicates to us "what we should be and, unfortunately, are not," the theologian added.

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement