Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » The Christian News   » Mass. Supreme Court (same sex marriage) ruling expected today

Author Topic: Mass. Supreme Court (same sex marriage) ruling expected today
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you grandma: That is what I have always done.

My father was a WWII vet and a german POW. My children's Father is a viet Nam vet, and My husband's Father a Korean and VietNam war vet and a retired Army Colonel. My Son In Law is in the Army now. I have a great deal of love and appreciation and gratitude for our vets!

But my first and formost love is God and I just cant do it any more. My allegence is to HIM and I cant pledge allegence to HIM and also to the symbol of a nation that mocks HIM and Spits in HIS Holy Face.

And it is this very point that you bring up, the love and appreciation I have for the men and women that have given life and limb for this nation that makes feeling this way so hard!

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eliana
Advanced Member
Member # 1471

Icon 19 posted      Profile for Eliana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The whole thing is insanity really. Why in the WORLD do they need to get married. Gays are always running around saying they don't want to be like us and they are proud of their lifestyle this that and the other.. so why do they need to get married. Why can't they just shack up like they usually do. It's all sin anyway.

I don't mean any harm but divorce rate in American is over 50% and Gays have an even higher rate of breakups unmarried than non-Gays that are married. So why all this need to run to the alter.. I mean come on.. why try to act like everything is kosher when you are doing something immoral like practicing homosexuality in the first place.

I know this may seem harsh but I am a little tired of the whole Gay issue. If you want to be gay and live a gay lifestyle and not have anything to do with the Heterosexual life style then deal with it. Marriage is for heterosexuals not for the deviant lifestyle of gays.

I mean it's bad enough they are allowed to adopt children for pete's sake... [Roll Eyes]

Eliana

Posts: 46 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 19 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Consider this, when you pledge allegience to the flag you are not pledging to supreme court, who obviously have no clue to what the constitution means. But, you are pledging to the flag that every person who has died to keep flying over our land. No doubt our Country has gone astray, but we still have the most freedom to attend Church and pray than any other COuntry in the world. SO think of our soliders and you should be able to pledge allegences to the flag.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, I dont know if any will understand this, but I am finding myself unable to salute the flag anymore or repeat the pledge as my church does before prayer every Sunday.

Abortion, same sex marriage, sodomy.

How can I pledge loyalty to this and also to God?

I am a good and decent citizen and I obey the laws of this nation because God tells me that I do so as unto him, but past that I do not know how I can continue to be patriotic or pledge alledgence to a corrupt and pagan government.

Does anyone else have this struggle?

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Massachusetts court to rule on same-sex marriages

BOSTON (CNN) --The Supreme Judicial Court of Massachusetts is expected to rule Monday morning on whether gay marriage should be legal in the state.

Seven same-sex couples have sued Massachusetts for denying them marriage licenses, arguing the state's constitution prohibits discrimination because of sex.

"We're talking about people who don't have equality under the law and should have it, because all citizens in this state are born free and equal," said Mary Bonauto, an attorney for the plaintiffs who also works for the Boston-based Gay and Lesbian Advocates and Defenders.

In the United States, Vermont is the only state to allow same-sex couples the rights and benefits of marriage. Vermont calls them civil unions, rather than marriages.

California's state assembly recently passed a domestic partnership law to provide similar benefits, but it stops short of allowing gays to marry.

"Gay people want the freedom to marry for the same reasons non-gay people do," said Evan Wolfson, the executive director of Freedom to Marry, a group of gay and straight leaders and groups working to make same-sex marriage legal.

"It's emotional as well as economic, practical as well as personal, tangible as well as intangible," Wolfson said.

Gay activists say the American judicial system is beginning to catch up with modern society.

The U.S. Supreme Court recently ruled that anti-sodomy laws are unconstitutional, and on June 10, an appeals court in the Canadian province of Ontario struck down a ban on same-sex marriage.

States determine marriage laws
In the United States, marriage laws are determined by states, and a number of states have passed laws forbidding gays from marrying, often also barring the recognition of a same-sex marriage performed in another state. The federal government's Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA), while not an outright ban on gay marriage, declares that states are not required to recognize a same-sex marriage performed in another state.

DOMA, passed by Congress in 1996, also effectively bars the federal government from recognizing same-sex unions by defining marriage as "a legal union between one man and one woman as husband and wife" and spouse as "a person of the opposite sex who is a husband or a wife."

Among the plaintiffs in the Massachusetts case are Julie and Hillary Goodridge, women who have been a couple for 16 years. They are raising a daughter, Annie, who is 7 years old.

In Goodridge et al v. Department of Public Health, the Goodridges and six other couples seek recognition of their marriages.

Massachusetts Assistant Attorney General Judith Yogman argued the state's case before the court in March, saying the state wants to encourage the heterosexual model of marriage.

Massachusetts Attorney General Tom Reilly has argued it is for the legislature, not the courts, to decide whether to redefine the institution of marriage.

-- CNN Correspondent Maria Hinojosa contributed to this report.

Find this article at:
http://www.cnn.com/2003/LAW/07/14/s...ages/index.html

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement