Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » The Christian News   » Re: pope on Communion

Author Topic: Re: pope on Communion
Catholicious
Advanced Member
Member # 726

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Catholicious   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Primoa1970,

The original post was closed before I could offer a reply so here it is.

Oh those pesky Catholics......so close...but yet so far.

What are you trying to accomplish with this statement, it does not imply charity.

When are they going to realize that the only way to heaven, is through a personal relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ?

Not sure where you got your information, but if you cannot find a personal relationship with JESUS CHRIST our Lord and Savior in the
Catholic Church (the one, true visible Church HE founded), you cannot find Him anywhere! JESUS is truly present in our Eucharist (Body, Blood,
Soul and Divinity), you cannot get anymore real or personal than that. JESUS CHRIST in the Eucharist is the source and summit of our
Catholic Christian faith and life.

Romans 3:23 says "For ALL have sinned, and come short of the glory of God".

True to a certain extent, this is a normative statement but there are exceptions. JESUS had two identities within one person, He was fully
GOD and fully man so JESUS is the first exception. Mary "full of grace" (the Greek used here in scripture is only applied to JESUS and Mary) illustrates her sinlessness, but this does not mean that she did not need a Savior because in her Magnificat in Luke she rejoices in God her Savior. Mary, the Mother of God (Jesus), has the unique role of giving birth to our Savior. By her Immaculate Conception, Mary was born free of spot from "original sin" in an act of preventative grace by God, saving her from the fall. She is Arc of the New Covenant. The Arc of the First Covenant housed the Holy of Holies and only those who were completely clean and free of sin could approach it. In the same way but so much more so, Mary had to be enabled by the grace of God to be the clean vessel in which God would take human flesh. The parallel is there. I would suspect aborted babies, infants who die after birth but before baptism , and the mentally retarded have NOT sinned.

This is the reason why Jesus came in the first place.

YES! JESUS humbled Himself taking human flesh to suffer and die to exact our eternal salvation, a salvation of which we are not worthy.

Religion wont save you, burning a bull or a ram on an altar wont save you....and heaven forbid, the pope wont save you or his man made
rules....only the saving blood of the Lord Jesus Christ will save a person.

Amen, religion does not save, especially if it is not Christianity! JESUS saves! St. Peter the first Pope was given his office and authority ["keys of the kingdom" and "binding and loosing"] by JESUS CHRIST Himself in [Mt 16:18-19] and was
made the universal shepard of the Church [Jn 10:16] to help guide us Christians.

Every Catholic Church prominently displays at the center of our altar our Lord suffering on the cross at Calvary to remind us of His ultimate sacrifice for us.

The moment we accepted Jesus into our hearts as Lord and savior, ALL...I repeat...ALL of our sins were wiped away.

Catholics are born again Christians too, we are born again through Baptism. You might want to check the traditional and historical understanding of the first step towards eternal salvation with our Lord and Savior and see if it matches up with the belief you express. To my knowledge, your idea came about just 200 years ago. What about those previous 1800 years? Certainly if it was Biblical the early Church
would have known it being taught directly by CHRIST and the Apostles. My understanding and that taught by CHRIST and the Apostles is that Baptism is that "normative" first step but there are always exceptions "the thief on the cross", for example.

That includes divorce. It's under the blood. I was married a long time ago before I got saved. I got divorced a long time ago before I got saved. I'm about to get married to a good Christian woman now. Am I on my way to hell for this? NO WAY!!! I am washed in the blood of the lamb.

Yes, JESUS died for the remission of sins so adultery would be covered under that (Baptism starts you off on a clean slate, a clean soul), BUT it is necessary to be repentent thereafter when committing sin to be forgiven by God. If you continue in that same state of mortal sin (sin that is unto death), you are not repentent and therefore you are not forgiven, according to scripture.

I choose not to judge anyone so I cannot say. Only GOD does the judging, but He wills that all souls make it to Heaven.

[Cross] [Bible] [Prayer]

--------------------
Acts 20:29-30 (NAB)
29 I know that after my departure savage wolves will come among you, and they will not spare the flock.
30 And from your own group, men will come forward perverting the truth to draw the disciples away after them.

1 Peter 3:15-16 (RSV)
15 but in your hearts reverence Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to make a defense to any one who calls you to account for the hope that is in you, yet do it with gentleness and reverence;
16 and keep your conscience clear, so that, when you are abused, those who revile your good behavior in Christ may be put to shame.

Matthew 5:11 (KJV)
5 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

Peace and God Bless!
Catholicious

Posts: 188 | From: Midwest USA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement