Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » The Christian News   » The big bang proves God's existence!

Author Topic: The big bang proves God's existence!
Daddy's*Girl
Community Member
Member # 1025

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daddy's*Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I may point out, there were 3 days, then on the 4th day God made the Sun and Moon to RULE OVER the day. Therefore, the 24 hour day was set 3 days BEFORE the sun was made. That’s how we now that God’s day isn’t millions of years. If that were so then the sun would say up for millions of years at a time.
Another thing for you to chew on, plants were made BEFORE the sun.

If we could understand how and why God did all the things He did and does, why would He be so great, and why would we need Him if we knew it all w/o Him?

Posts: 12 | From: Texas | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chestnutmare
Advanced Member
Member # 392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chestnutmare     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In an address by J I Packer at Yale University in late seventies, Dr. Packer countered this argument by the resident pagan intelligentsia saying that the bible was not written as a science book and christians should stop using it as such. It is among other things an account of God's personal relationship with man. It tells us that God is the creator of all things in Genesis but the precise scientific measurements of time i.e. seven 24-hour day creationism isn't the purpose of scripture and so christians should not use the scripture wrongly.
Posts: 79 | From: Swanzey, NH | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cameron
Advanced Member
Member # 1090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cameron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My friend is a Christian, but says he believes in both Creation and evolution [eek] I don't know what to do to convince him.

--------------------
Why do we care what people think of us when we know what God thinks of us?

Posts: 332 | From: Queensland, Australia | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dean Cousins
Member # 1169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dean Cousins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Art, Thanks for your response.

As a sunday school teacher, I was once asked
by a liitle girl:
"Science at school teaches us that the world
evolved in millions of years. How can I believe
the biblical account."

My answer reflected my view above. She accepted this and was satisfied.

My point?

Schools throughout the world are teaching the
myth of evolution as fact!

Children are taught to think analytically.
Question what is illogical or "impossible".

I believe that Religious institutions are
trying to convince children the wrong way.

God is the creator, without question.

That is a fact.

That is the point I have made to any youngster
who questions creation scientifically, while
chosing to believe evolusionists.

Can we really deny that time in tems of our creator, is an abstract concept, or that
science and its principals are instilled in us by God?

Let us breach the gap between science and religion. If you understand what is written in my original article, you will see that time is relative. That is all.

Time is not a constant. For a believer like myself, I do not care if God created the universe in seven Eath days or 16billion years.

The point is that he created Heaven and Earth, without any doubt.

I would like to pose one question to you.

What would you have answered that child, if she had questioned the validity of God, because
evolusionists had lied to her?

God bless.

Posts: 2 | From: Pretoria - South Africa | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
art
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All I will say is that the Big Bang Theory is just a theory and has no basis in the scriptures.We have a very young earth, 6000+ years and the 7 days are days as we know them. Read Genesis chapter one and two and there you will find what really happened according to God Himself. He ought to know, He was there.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dean Cousins
Member # 1169

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Dean Cousins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does the “Big Bang” prove or disprove God’s existence?

Firstly, what is the “Big Bang”?

Some 16 Billion years ago a space -time singularity, exploded spectacularly. (Condensed Universe with infinite mass, gravity and density; so dense in fact that time/ space did not exist! Time could not be defined at that singularity.)

The result was the birth of our universe and the beginning of space and time. The explosion was so intense that it took 300 000 years
for the matter to cool down.

Scientists believed that eventually when the explosion had spent itself, the mass and density of the universe would begin to exact an immense gravitational pull. The result would be a massive collapse
of all matter to a space time singularity, and the next big bang would occur starting evolution from scratch. This was hypothesized as the
big crunch…

No God here they thought.

So much for the theory, but how does it work? Does it work?

To understand the workings of the big bang and space-time singularities, one needs to investigate super novas.

What is the super- nova? What is a nova? What is a black hole? What is the difference?

Lets begin with the meaning of nova. It means new. Scientists
believed that new stars were born during these colossal explosions.

Subsequent research has proven the contrary.

So what is a nova? It is a star similar to our sun, usually a white dwarf, which has depleted its nuclear reactions. The star still possess
great gravity , resulting in the “dead” star attracting matter from an orbiting companion. This matter fuels a reaction, which brightens the star for a relatively short time.

A super-nova is a lot different. An explosion of a star causes it.
How does this happen? Well, stars generate energy through
Fusion reactions. I.e. Hydrogen is converted to Helium and Helium to Carbon. Now lets suppose that the Hydrogen has been expended.

The large star can no longer hold itself against gravitational collapse,
as the star collapses on itself it explodes spectacularly.

These are usually stars much more massive than our sun. Not that
our sun is small… The sun weighs in at 2000 x 10 to the power 27 tons!

Back to our super- nova though. The resulting explosion can form a nebula. The Crab Nebula is an example of such an explosion.

What is a black hole then?

A black hole is an intense space- time singularity. It occurs when
A massive star has spent its Hydrogen fuel and collapses to a singularity. In contrast to a super nova, the star’s radius decreases
below a number determined by the mass of the star. I.e. The radius decreases to a point –“threshold radius” and becomes an all-consuming monster, it’s gravity is capable of attracting light.

The equation used to calculate the threshold radius is known as Schwartzchilds Radius.

Time ceases to exist at this singularity. By ceases, I mean it cannot be defined mathematically.

Let me explain using a simple physics equation –

Distance = velocity X time duration
Therefore,
Time duration = distance/velocity
I.e. if we have traveled 100Km at 50Km/h we have traveled 2 hours.
(2=100/50)
What if velocity is equal to infinity? Then we cannot rationally define time.

The Super nova proves on a micro scale that a big bang is feasible,
while a black hole proves that time- space can cease to exist,
as the mass density becomes infinite and time cannot be rationally defined mathematically at that point.

Time stand still or cease to exit?

We now enter the realm of paradox and relativity. Lets say that you
travel in a vessel at near light speed for a short spell, Einstein determined that time slows down for You relatively. So as you approach light speed your clock slows down. Were it possible for objects to travel at light speed, time would stand still. Even more paradox, were it possible to travel at speeds in excess of light, your clock would start turning anti-clockwise! You would be going back in time. This is impossible in terms of the theory of relativity.

However, in reality no object can travel at light speed.(Theoretically.)
Time ceases to exist…You never were, will be or are.

Back to you and your spaceship. When you returned to Earth,
It would have progressed forward in time!

You would meet your grandchildren and they would be your age!
So the clocks on Earth would be ticking at normal speed while yours
barely ticked at all.

What does this prove? Quite simply that time and space are directly
proportionate to each other, at low velocity. However,
when near light speed is being achieved by an object, time
is no longer proportionate . It’s all relative.

So we now know the big bang is possible, but science recently
discovered a strange phenomena(1998)

If one follows the big bang in terms of an atheistic approach,
The cycle of life must renew itself. I.e. time is cyclical.
Renewal , ageing , death , renewal and so on.

Unfortunately (FOR ATHEISTS), in 1998 utilizing inter -alia the Hubble telescope to view distant galaxies billions of light – years from us, scientists recorded an alarming phenomena.

The furthermost galaxies are receding at an accelerated rate relative to galaxies closer to us! Some strange force is driving the expansion of the universe at an ever-increasing rate.

So galaxies some three billion light years away are receding at 0.5 light- speed, while galaxies sixteen billion light years away are receding at 0.95 light speed!

How can scientists determine the velocity so far away?

They use the redshift. The what? You may ask. You see light works in a similar fashion to sound. Ever hear a siren. Its pitch changes as it approaches and then goes past?

Light is no different, except that the color (wavelength) changes. I.e. if it approaches you from space and is close, it will usually tend to the ultra violet spectrum, if it is far away, it tends to the infra- red spectrum.

Hence the red shift. Thus by analyzing the change in color of the red spectrum the distance and velocity can be calculated. Same principle as the Pulse Doppler radar.

What does this mean? Well it means the universe is not going to renew itself. Eventually, all stars will die.

But what about the gravitational mass/density factor? Will the gravity of the combined universe not eventually condense the universe or at least slow it down?

No.

Why?

Because the combined mass of the universe is only 20% of what it should be to exact that kind of gravitational pull.

It’s the same as hoping a marble will somehow exert gravity on the Moon.

Furthermore, scientists have yet to locate the source of the matter
that is causing the universal expansion. There are some theories.
“Dark matter” unseen forms of seething energy.

The amusing part here is that the very scientists who believe in dark matter, (Something they cannot see but believe is there) do not believe in God, because they cannot see him.

To summarize. The universe is expanding to infinity. The galaxies are not distributed in a random fashion, as should be the case in an explosion.

The galaxies are distributed in a logical pattern!!!!

Was there a big bang? Quite possibly. But what was before it, seeing as time did not exist?

Something immensely powerful and intelligent was the cause of the original space-time singularity, a being immune from space- time.

Ask yourself; can anything in the universe exist in a singularity?

Only a great Being immune from time, space, gravity could have done this.
Last point, at the space- time singularity that exploded and became the big bang, the past, future and present are the same!!!

But it is undefined! Yes, but undefined mathematically. I will now explain what relativity has proven.

In our time-space (dimension), we view time as linear. I.e. a line with a beginning and an end. But at the space- time singularity, time is a point, at that point the past; present and the future are one and the same!

Now something from the bible…

“I am, I was and forever shall I be.” God-The Bible.

I never understood these words fully, until I studied relativity.

Clearly, an abstract concept such as this cannot be understood
by a person who exists according to a linear time-space.

Some studies of the ancient manuscripts of the “Torah” (Our old Testament) revealed that the past was written in future tense,
and the future in past tense.

The ancient Hebrew sages understood God perfectly.

But how does creation (which occured in 7 days)
tie in with what we are saying?

Can anyone, tell me where God stated, 7 EARTH days?

He does use symbolic expressions, I.e. the morning of the first day. This I believe, simply implies a relative time scale. You have heard people say, "He is in the twilight of his life."? The morning means- the first part of God's
day. His day could be billions of years?

The amazing part of the Bible creation events;
is that they occur chronologically in exactly the
right order.

What does this prove?

It proves that the probability of guessing seven
events in the right order, are impossible!!

Furthermore, what are the behemoths and leviathan's God spoke of in the book of Job?

The description sound like something from a prehistoric museum. How could the ancients have known about these wonderful beasts?

Fossils? No way! The description in Job discusses
armored scales! The fossil would not have revealed this.

All I can say is that God created the heaven and Earth, in his seven days.

Remember, the scripture reveals that God's time cannot be equated with our own!

Praise God, creator of heaven and Earth!

Regards,
Dean.

Posts: 2 | From: Pretoria - South Africa | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement