Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » The Christian News   » Canada OKs pro-'gay' books for kindergartners

Author Topic: Canada OKs pro-'gay' books for kindergartners
Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Miguel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The problem is not with the ones that are sick but with the ONE that made it to go to the children in kindergarten.

He is the sick one, he does not have any clue how deadly this is !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[mad2] [mad2] [mad2] [Bang Head] [mad2] [mad2] [mad2]

1Jo 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

Joh 8:44 Ye are of [your] father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

--------------------
Romans 9:11-24

Our Eschatology may vary even our Ecclesiology may be disputed among us but our Soteriology most assume a singularity and exclusivity which in biblical term is known as Quote; "The Narrow Way" and Quote!

Posts: 2792 | From: Stockton,Ca | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
abidinginhim
Advanced Member
Member # 620

Icon 9 posted      Profile for abidinginhim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These books are already in the USA school systems. Very sad isn't it? Sodom and Gomorrah...

--------------------
It's All About Him!

Posts: 137 | From: The Mountains of NC | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why?
Why?

Why are these people going after children?

Parental views cannot override imperative of tolerance, diversity....

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/a...RTICLE_ID=30203
Posted: December 28, 2002
1:00 a.m. Eastern

By Art Moore
© 2002 WorldNetDaily.com
A public school system that claims to promote diversity and tolerance should not ban books that advocate same-sex relationships to kindergartners, Canada's Supreme Court has ruled.

The high court said the Surrey School Board in British Columbia, near Vancouver, must revisit its ban on three books that also have stirred controversy in the U.S. – "Asha's Mums," "One Dad, Two Dads, Brown Dads, Blue Dads" and "Belinda's Bouque."

The case began in 1997, when an openly gay kindergarten teacher attempted to have the books approved as a learning resource. The school board's ban drew 5,000 letters of support from parents and just 1,000 in opposition.

However, Chief Justice Beverley McLachlin wrote in the 7-2 ruling on Dec. 20 that, "Parental views, however important, cannot override the imperative placed upon the British Columbia public schools to mirror the diversity of the community and teach tolerance and understanding of difference."

Opponents said the high court essentially is marginalizing parents with religious convictions.

"The result of the majority decision is that if religious parents have moral objections to material taught in schools, there is no room for them to have any meaningful accommodation," said Janet Epp Buckingham, general legal counsel for the Evangelical Fellowship of Canada. "The only accommodation the chief justice mentions for religious parents is the option of leaving the public system altogether," the evangelical lawyer said. "This is not an acceptable option if public schools are to be welcoming to all."

The high court said the Surrey School Board "violated the principles of secularism and tolerance" in Section 76 of British Columbia's School Act, which mandates a "secular education."

"Instead of proceeding on the basis of respect for all types of families," said the court, "the board proceeded on an exclusionary philosophy, acting on the concern of certain parents about the morality of same-sex relationships, without considering the interest of same-sex parented families and the children who belong to them in receiving equal recognition and respect in the school system."
The Catholic Civil Rights League insisted, however, that "the court's reasoning fails to recognize that the allowance of such materials likewise offends others in a pluralistic society, who have reason to expect that their views will not be trumped by the promotion of gay parenting relationships by gay-activist educators as normative."

The court argued that "Section 76 does not limit in any way the freedom of parents and board members to adhere to a religious doctrine that condemns homosexuality."

But it said the law "does prohibit the translation of such doctrine into policy decisions by the board, to the extent that they reflect a denial of the validity of other points of view."

There is no difficulty in reconciling the School Act's commitment to secularism with freedom of religion, the court said. "Freedom of religion is not diminished, but is safeguarded, by the state's abstention from favoring or promoting any specific religious creed."

'You can't have two mummies'

In Asha's Mums, published in 1990, little Asha becomes embroiled in a discussion at school about her two mothers after bringing back a parental permission form signed by two women. Some classmates say their parents believe having two moms is wrong.

But Asha tells them: "My mummies say we're a family because we live together and love each other."

One high court judge, in his consenting opinion, pointed, nevertheless, to the following passage, which "clearly purports to pronounce on the morality of same-sex relationships":
When my turn came to talk about my drawing I said, "This is my brother Mark and my mummies and me. We're on our way to the Science Centre."

Coreen said "How come you've got two mummies?"
"Because I do," I said.

"You can't have two mummies," Judi insisted.

"Yes she can," Rita said, turning around in her seat.

"Just like you can have two aunts, and two daddies and two grandmas," yelled Diane from across the room.

Diane likes to yell.

"See," I said to Coreen.

"My mum and dad said you can't have two mothers living together. My dad says it's bad," Coreen insisted.

"It's not bad. My mummies said we're a family because we live together and love each other," I said.

"But how come you have two?" Judi asked.

Before I could answer Terrence said to Ms. Samuels, "Is it wrong to have two mummies?"

"Well ..." Ms. Samuels began but Diane yelled, "It's not wrong if they're nice to you and if you like them."

Anna Marie White, policy manager for Focus on the Family Canada, said, "Once again, the rights of parents have been steamrolled by an activist judiciary showing complete intolerance for the views of the many Canadians with deeply held religious convictions."

White said that "with this ruling, the Supreme Court has declared that regardless of significant parental concern, their children will be subject to an unwelcome and complex sexual issue."

White also argued that the ruling is contrary to recent moves by the British Columbia government to include more parental involvement in the education system.

"This decision strikes directly against that principle," she said. "We urge the provincial government to immediately amend the School Act to ensure that the values held by many parents that they teach at home are not being contradicted in the classroom."

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement