Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » The Christian News   » O.T. Prophets Predicted Christ's Birth

Author Topic: O.T. Prophets Predicted Christ's Birth
J23
Advanced Member
Member # 634

Icon 1 posted      Profile for J23   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In Revelation chapter 11 it says that after Christ's two witnesses are murdered that the people of the world began being merry and giving each other gifts, that they were happy to see those two prophets dead because of the torment that they dealt or will deal.

My thoughts are that Satan makes it so that people give gifts when one of his enemies dies, and i'm thinking that because Jesus Christ is Satan's biggest enemy that he has caused us all to think that we give each other gifts for 25th December to each other because it is Jesus Christ's birthday, when really it is the date on which Christ's death is celebrated.

Santa Claus, the whole Christmas tree nonsense and the Jesus Christ's birthday tale is all a lie, yet Christians are not questioning these things, but rather are accepting them while Our God is being mocked, temporarily.

To some people i won't need to say this twice, but Satan Claus is meant as Satan's Claw.

Peace & Righteousness,

J23 [Smile]

--------------------
"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of Wisdom: and the knowledge of the Holy is Understanding." - Proverbs 9:10

"... Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute Judgement and Justice in the Earth. In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he shall be called, THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS. Therefore, behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that they shall no more say, The Lord lives, which brought up the children of Israel out of the land of Egypt; but, The Lord lives, which brought up and which led the seed of the house of Israel out of the North country, and from all countries where I had driven them; and they shall dwell in their own land ..." - Jeremiah 23 [Closeby : Rapture]

"And you, Solomon my son, know you the God of your father, and serve him with a perfect heart and with a willing mind: for the Lord searches all hearts, and understands all the imaginations of the thoughts: if you seek him, he will be found of you; but if you forsake him, he will cast you off forever." - King David, Chronicles 28:9

THE 7 DAY THEORY 2

Posts: 199 | From: London, England | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
John 1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
The same was in the beginning with God.
All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.
The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.
He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.
That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.
He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robby
Advanced Member
Member # 448

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Robby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Old Testament Prophets predicted Christ's birth and life here on planet earth over 4000 years ago... What must God do to make you believe this Holiday Season?
Need baby Jesus? 1-888-Need Him
By Kenneth Lewis

Since we're about to celebrate our Lord's birth on December 25th... I decided to share with you a comparison study of a few Bible verses which shows the predictions of the Messiah's birth in the Old Testament and how they have already been fulfilled by Jesus Christ in the New Testament...

It's interesting to note, how accurate the Old Testament Prophets were with their predictions which were given to them by the Holy Spirit according to Christ's birth and life over 4000 years ago...They were 100 percent correct in every one of their predictions. Who can argue against these predictions and fulfillments according to the Canon of Scriptures...

The Old Testament Prophets were chosen of God and were true prophets who spoke and wrote as they were moved by the Holy Spirit... None of the writings of false prophets are in the Canon of Scripture. (II Peter 1:19-21)

Isaiah which means "the salvation of Jehovah" prophesied in the days of Uzziah, Jotham, Ahaz, and Hezekiah, the kings of Judah between the period of 745 -680 BC.

Isaiah, who was chosen by God to be a prophet is known as the fifth prophet among the Bible scholars today. He lived in the southern kingdom of Judah.

God revealed to Isaiah through the Holy Spirit that the coming Messiah who was to be the salvation to Israel and the rest of the world, was to be born by a virgin and He would be called Immanuel...God gave this sign to Isaiah so the people of the world would know who the Messiah was when He was born...

In Isaiah 7:14: notice with me what God told Isaiah through the Holy Spirit.

Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel.

Now just for fun, let's pretend we jump aboard a time machine and advance in time from Isaiah time period which was between 745 - 680 BC...To Matthew's time period which was between AD 3 or 4 to the time he was martyred in Ethiopia in AD 62.

Matthew which means "the gift of God" was born a Galilean Jew and he was also called a Levi. ( Mark 2:14; Luke 5:27-29) He lived at Capernaum where he was a publican which means tax - collector under the Roman Empire. While engaged in tax collecting, Matthew was called by our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ to follow Him...

Matthew was an eyewitness of Christ's earthly ministry from the time he was called by Jesus to the time of Jesus ascension into heaven. Matthew saw Jesus earthly ministry and died by martyrdom believing in what he witnessed.

In the Book of Matthew in the very first chapter, verses 22 and 23 records the fulfillment of Isaiah's prediction about the virgin birth of Jesus Christ and how he was called Immanuel which means 'God with us.'

All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet: 'The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel'--which means, 'God with us.' Matthew 1: 22 ,23

I don' think God could have made it any clearer to us today then what he did in regards to the virgin birth of Jesus Christ in the New Testament and the fulfillment of Isaiah's prediction in the Old Testament...

God's word is not the problem...It's faith in Jesus Christ as the Messiah which is the problem...

Micah which means "Who is like Jehovah?" lived during the days of Jotham, Ahaz, and Hezekiah the kings of Judah. He lived to see the fulfillment of his prophecy against Samaria when the Northern kingdom fell to the Assyrians in 722 B.C. Micah's prophecies concerned both Israel and Judah. He reproved both of their sins and foretold their individual captivities. Like Jehovah, he too hated sin. He is known as the sixth prophet.

God told Micah that the coming Messiah was to be born in Bethlehem...

But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, though you are small among the clans of Judah, out of you will come for me one who will be ruler over Israel, whose origins are from of old, from ancient times. Micah 5:2

In Matthew chapter 2 and verse 1 we find the recorded fulfillment of Jesus Christ's birth in Bethlehem in Judea during the time of king Herod.

After Jesus was born in Bethlehem in Judea, during the time of King Herod, Magi from the east came to Jerusalem. Matthew 2:1

Again I don't think God could have made it any clearer to us today in regards to Jesus Christ fulfilling where the Messiah was to be born through his prophet Micah...

Jeremiah which means "one whom Jehovah appoints or launches forth." He was also called the weeping prophet, the prophet of the Broken Heart, and the Prophet of the Minor Strains. His prophecy period was between 626 - 580 B.C. Jeremiah lived in the southern kingdom of Judah. He is known as the ninth prophet.

When Herod found out he was outwitted by the wise men that were going to Bethlehem to worship the Messiah's birth fulfilled Jeremiah's prediction.

Jeremiah predicted that king Herod would give the order to kill all the boys in Bethlehem and its vicinity who were two years old and under.

This is what the Lord says: 'A voice is heard in Ramah, mourning and great weeping, Rachel weeping for her children and refusing to be comforted, because her children are no more.' Jeremiah 31:15

In the book of Matthew in the second chapter from verses 16 through 18 we find the fulfillment of Jeremiah's prediction.

When Herod realized that he had been outwitted by the Magi, he was furious, and he gave orders to kill all the boys in Bethlehem and its vicinity who were two years old and under, in accordance with the time he had learned from the Magi. Then what was said through the prophet Jeremiah was fulfilled: 'A voice is heard in Ramah, weeping and great mourning, Rachel weeping for her children and refusing to be comforted, because they are no more.' Matthew 2:16-18

Again I don't think God could have made it any clearer to us today in regards to Jesus Christ's birth and what Jeremiah predicted what king Herod would do...

Hosea which means "salvation" was the Jeremiah of the Northern kingdom. Like Jeremiah in the southern kingdom he to scolded the Northern kingdom for their backsliding. His prophecy period was during the days of Uzziah, Jotham, Ahaz, and Hezekiah, kings of Judah, and the days of Jeroboam II who was the king of Israel. This period was 755 -714 B.C. He lived to see his prophecy fulfilled in the capture of Israel by Assyria. He is known as the fourth prophet.

In Matthew chapter 2 and verse 13 through 15 an angel appeared to Joseph in a dream and advised him to take Mary and baby Jesus and flee into Egypt until after the death of king Heriod.

So he got up, took the child and his mother during the night and left for Egypt, where he stayed until the death of Herod. And so was fulfilled what the Lord had said through the prophet: 'Out of Egypt I called my son.' Matthew 2:14-15

Hosea predicted out of Egypt would come God's Son...

When Israel was a child, I loved him, and out of Egypt I called my son. Hosea 11:1

It's interesting to note how so many people today still argue that the New Testament is not really God's word and how the Messiah has not yet come and fulfilled the Old Testament prophecies...

I consider myself a Christian writer and a Bible prophecy student and not a Bible scholar by any means...However, I can clearly see the Old and New Testaments fit perfectly together creating what we call God's word, The Holy Bible, today...

How any one can conclude any other way then that Jesus Christ is the Messiah, and fulfilled all the prophets prophecies according to the coming Messiah in the Old Testament...Has to be either clearly blinded to the fulfillment of God's prophecies and can not see the truth according to God's word... Or perhaps they're just plain ignorant according to Bible prophecy and God's word...

I guess you can say this Bible prophecy comparison has a bitter and sweet message to it...

The bitter is perhaps how it's written...The sweetness is how it proves according to God's word that Jesus Christ is the Messiah who fulfilled all the prophecies spoken of by all the prophets about the coming Messiah...

Jesus was born 100% baby and 100% God... He Loved us so much... He came to die in our place for our sins....That we may have ever lasting life with Him...

Do you know Jesus Christ as your personal Savior this holiday season?

If not, will you accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior this holiday season...

If you would like to invite baby Jesus into your heart right now...Please call 1-888-Need Him!

Other General Prophecies Concerning Jesus' Life

Isaiah 9:6-7: For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and peace there will be no end. He will reign on David's throne and over his kingdom, establishing and upholding it with justice and righteousness from that time on and forever. The zeal of the Lord Almighty will accomplish this.

Genesis 22:17-18 [Spoken to Abraham]: I will surely bless you and make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and as the sand on the seashore. Your descendants will take possession of the cities of their enemies, and through your offspring all nations on earth will be blessed, because you have obeyed me."

Psalm 72:17: May his name endure forever; may it continue as long as the sun. All nations will be blessed through him, and they will call him blessed.

CNTNews

Posts: 364 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement