Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » The Christian News   » The Great Contradiction

Author Topic: The Great Contradiction
Thunderz7
Advanced Member
Member # 31

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Thunderz7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
posted by njclary
During WW2 we interned the Japanese in Camps. were we correct in doing so?

I do not disagree with you about the dangers of Islam, and the Followers. But would that include all the American Caucasion, Black and any other ethnic group that became part of Islam? where would they be deported?

America has a problem and part of that problem is --- just who is our enemy???
--------------------------------------------------
I do tend to get a bit extreme about islam don't I!!!

In WW2 we put Americans of Japanese descent in camps.
I wasn't here at the time, and can only say in hindsight that I think it was wrong, being that they were American citizens.

I should have been clearer about deportation.
Non-citizen, expired visa, supposed to be students not attending school, the list goes on and on.

Does anyone see a difference in muslim politics and muslim religion?

T7 [cool hat]
[Razz] [thumbsup] The whites and blacks are trespassers here anyway [Big Grin] [Wink] HO-KE HEY

Posts: 1113 | From: Northeast Alabama | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Larry Twidwell
Community Member
Member # 285

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Larry Twidwell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not sure how our God will deal with Islam during my lifetime, but I do know how He will deal with Islam in the end.

Revelation 21:6  Then He said to me, "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give to the one who thirsts from the spring of the water of life without cost.
7  "He who overcomes will inherit these things, and I will be his God and he will be My son.
8  "But for the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death."

--------------------
Serving Him, Larry
http://www.bloodofthelamb.org

Posts: 19 | From: Klamath River, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.worthynews.com/news-features-3/palestinian-christians-other-side.html

In Bethlehem and Beit Jala which have been under Palestinian rule for some time, the Palestinian Christians continue to suffer terribly at the hands of Arafat's terrorists. Shops in Bethlehem owned by Christians have been burned to the ground and the owners terrorized...by their OWN Palestinian “brothers.” Young Christian girls have been taken and gang-raped; entire families terrorized. While many left the area earlier in the Intifada, those still there now have no recourse, it seems. Terrorists in Beit Jala seize their homes to use as firing positions to shoot into Gilo and the families living there have no voice.

You read yesterday that two “suspected” collaborators were murdered by Palestinians in Bethlehem without investigation or trial beforehand. You should see the pictures. It's horrific, outrageous....but where is the outcry from the “human rights” groups? In the newspapers here, the photos of murdered Palestinians being dragged through the streets of Bethlehem by masked terrorists, right into Manger Square, which many tourists would recognize, are absolutely revolting. Will ANY international TV news broadcast these photos for the rest of the world to see what the terrorist organizations are doing to their OWN people? Probably not; it's not 'politically correct' ....if you see it on your news, please let me know.

The Palestinian Christians are suffering terribly, right along with their Jewish neighbors. But let Israel go in to Bethlehem or Beit Jala with troops and tanks to take control—fully aware and deeply concerned about the suffering of the Christians there—and the world that DOESN'T know about it begins to shout 'Restraint' at Israel.

One Jewish lady who has good friends in Bethlehem said to me through her tears, 'They are trapped, completely trapped. I asked them why they don't speak out, why they don't try to defend themselves and they told me it's impossible. If they do, their whole family will be tortured.'
You want to know the Palestinian side? There it is....from personal, eyewitness testimonies.

True Islam is the face of evil.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Inner Child: The issue not political, but is spiritual; The issues with islam are about spiritual warfare in the unseen realm between the forces of evil and the forces of God almighty. They are played out in this realm in the day to day lives of people, and heads of states.

The enemy of the America will change face from time to time, and war to war; but the enemy of God is the same now and forever.

In WWII, that enemy by Hiltler persecuted the Jews and tried to remove them from the face of the earth in Germany, and today the same enemy embodied in the form of Arafat and others is trying to push them into the sea in the middle east. The same enemy persecutes Christians in every country of the world save the US, and even here persecution is coming.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
njclary
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
to Innerchild; read the above posts, and understand that there is a real threat from Islam in general; The post between Robertson and Caner gives you a strong indication of the true nature of Islam.

Now to your statement about the USA intervening in other societies especially the Islamic countries, in many cases this is true , usually for national security, which includes the oil and gas, but also for some stability for lesser countries. There have always been despots who rise up and threaten the countries around them, and the 'superpowers' have tried to maintain stability in this region, for various reasons. not all of them for each others good. Now that we are the sole remaining 'superpower' we will get all the guff.

We ain't perfect, but we are all the rest of the world's hope for stability.

It would be nice and convenient if the whole world was'nt so dependent on the oil and gas from this region, but this is a fact, and if not held in some kind of unilateral control, the world would be kept in a perpetual energy highjacking.

In any case there is a severe threat from the whole of Islam, and we must be prepared for the worst. and as Kindgo says, follow the prophesies. We are closer to the end times than we know.

God Bless

Joel [dad]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One should note that wherever Islam holds power, there is terror for the "infidel"(any who are non-Islamic). One instance is Sudan where the United Staes DOES NOT hold clout. The Islamic government sanctions the militia to raid Christian and animist villages in the south, and the taking and subsequent selling of wives and children as slaves funds the militia.

This terror is the history of Islam. Muhammed founded Islam by robbing caravans, and spread Islam with the sword. The Quoran teaches violence and murder against the non-believers. Islam is the fastest growing religion, for each child of Muslim parents is born into Islam, and where Islam holds sway there is no religious freedom.

Those that call Islam a religion of peace are either deceived or deceivers. Islam is satanic in origin and sustained by the god of this world.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
InnerChild
Advanced Member
Member # 676

Icon 1 posted      Profile for InnerChild     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the biggest problem is that we are assuming our enemy is america's enemy and vice-versa.

We are assuming it's the islamic faith that is angry at America, which is not true. It's the whole middle-east region. And for a very good reason. America has been toppling their governments and inserting "western" friendly governments so we can get cheaper prices in oil. The muslim sects were the only ones who had enough power to be able to strike back against america. They have done so, which has given the terrorist attacks an air of religion about them, but it's MUCH more about the politics of america than it is about religion.

To be very honest, were I living in the middle east I would also be very upset at America, we have no right at all to go in and pretend that we rule them in any way.

The most important part to remember is that these terrorist actions were originally politically motivated ... they have only gotten the religious air, because it is muslim sects who are defending the middle east in very evil attacks.

--------------------
--
Child
Semper Cognosco

Posts: 40 | From: Greensboro, NC USA | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
njclary
unregistered

During WW2 we interned the Japanese in Camps. were we correct in doing so?

I do not disagree with you about the dangers of Islam, and the Followers. But would that include all the American Caucasion, Black and any other ethnic group that became part of Islam? where would they be deported?

America has a problem and part of that problem is --- just who is our enemy???

Joel

Thunderz7
Advanced Member
Member # 31

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thunderz7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Bible tells us to love our enemies, but it doesn't say not to recognize them as enemies.
Make no mistake about it-
islam is the enemy.

If our governmental leaders were wise, they would be deporting muslims and taking all necessary steps to get all muslims out of the U.S. military.

T7

Posts: 1113 | From: Northeast Alabama | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This thread has a lot of interesting discussion going on.

I think Kindgo is right is this assertation:

I strongly believe the reason why Islam has escaped any major criticism is directly related to demonic activity that is working to unify the world's religions. The book of Revelation describes the false churches as the great ***** . If Sept 11 had occur during any other point in history, we would have seen scores of people deported back to their native country. I take the religious lovefest as a sign of the tribulation's nearness.

When I heard the news yesterday and the carnage that occured in response to the Miss World incident was tauted as " Muslims who became angry at the..."

I thought to myself..."became angry?" that has to be the understatement of the year! The forced gasoline filled tires around people and lit them on fire!

We cannot continue to call these acts of extremeist. If you read the Koran, you will see that this is not the response of a people who mis-understand the words of their holy book. When the crusaders did the evil that they did, they were not following the Word of God; when the followers of Islam do these horiffic deeds, they are following the word of the Koran.

Ntercesser, you are right too, we are not to hate the Muslim people, we are to pray for them, we are to have hearts broken for their lost state; we must realize that as horrible as the deaths of the Christians murdered by Islam are, they are nothing compared to the horribleness that those Muslims who do not know Christ are going to experience in eternity.

But, in doing this we should not deny the demonic workings in what is going on in the world.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ntercesser
Advanced Member
Member # 332

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ntercesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
not to bandy words with Innerchild, but I've seen the Koran spelled so many different ways on Muslim websites its unreal. From Coran to Q'ran to Koran, many many.
Yes, there are militant sects, but its is an almost militaznt religion, according to is scripture. I am personaly reading it, even to the extent of having a copy in English and have come across several verses that tell Muslims to literally and physically fight those who oppose them.
2:191 And slay them wherever ye catch them, and turn them out from where they have Turned you out; for tumult and oppression are worse than slaughter; but fight them not at the Sacred Mosque, unless they (first) fight you there; but if they fight you, slay them. Such is the reward of those who suppress faith.
2:216 Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth, and ye know not.
2:217 They ask thee concerning fighting in the Prohibited Month. Say: "Fighting therein is a grave (offence); but graver is it in the sight of Allah to prevent access to the path of Allah, to deny Him, to prevent access to the Sacred Mosque, and drive out its members." Tumult and oppression are worse than slaughter. Nor will they cease fighting you until they turn you back from your faith if they can. And if any of you Turn back from their faith and die in unbelief, their works will bear no fruit in this life and in the Hereafter; they will be companions of the Fire and will abide therein.
4:74 Let those fight in the cause of Allah Who sell the life of this world for the hereafter. To him who fighteth in the cause of Allah,- whether he is slain or gets victory - Soon shall We give him a reward of great (value).
4:75 And why should ye not fight in the cause of Allah and of those who, being weak, are ill-treated (and oppressed)?- Men, women, and children, whose cry is: "Our Lord! Rescue us from this town, whose people are oppressors; and raise for us from thee one who will protect; and raise for us from thee one who will help!"
4:77 Hast thou not turned Thy vision to those who were told to hold back their hands (from fight) but establish regular prayers and spend in regular charity? When (at length) the order for fighting was issued to them, behold! a section of them feared men as - or even more than - they should have feared Allah. They said: "Our Lord! Why hast Thou ordered us to fight? Wouldst Thou not Grant us respite to our (natural) term, near (enough)?" Say: "Short is the enjoyment of this world: the Hereafter is the best for those who do right: Never will ye be dealt with unjustly in the very least!
4:95 Not equal are those believers who sit (at home) and receive no hurt, and those who strive and fight in the cause of Allah with their goods and their persons. Allah hath granted a grade higher to those who strive and fight with their goods and persons than to those who sit (at home). Unto all (in Faith) Hath Allah promised good: But those who strive and fight Hath He distinguished above those who sit (at home) by a special reward,-
and that's in just the first four books. Yes, some can be taken in a different context, but ibelieve if you read it in the context it is meant in...
I am not saying all Muslims are gun-carrying-grenade-lobing-American-haters. Only that the are all unsaved and destined to Hell for a lack of believe that Jesus the Christ who they speak of only as "a Prophet of Allah" (spit) I hate no man, only the sin they do and at highest, the blasphemy of Christ my God and Savior forever and ever Amen.
(stepping down off soap-box)
(deep breathe)
I have met several Muslims who are knid and generous, and militious. No one group can characterize the whole. The militant wing of Christians is not, i believe, in the right. For if they are, how then can they "turn the other cheek?"
I believe i will stop there before i make a fool of myself(if i have already). I don't hate Muslims and am not in any way anti-Muslim any more than i'm anti-unsaved.

I'm stopping, promise [dunce]

Posts: 66 | From: in Texas,wanting the UK, praying for Home | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Former Muslim Dr. Ergun Caner, who has written a telling book called "Unveiling Islam", appeared on The 700 Club this week to discuss Islam and give us an inside look at Muslim beliefs.

CBN.com - PAT ROBERTSON: Ladies and gentlemen, a week or two ago I made a statement on this program that I differ with our esteemed president because I didn't think that Islam was a religion of peace. One of those nice people who tapes our program gave it to the Washington Post. And it became a firestorm. It is like saying the earth is round and everybody says how can you say such a thing? All I know is I have studied history and am aware of what is going on around the world. It was like a no-brainer. But somehow, it got to be a matter of grave controversy where people were screaming at each other and saying I was a Nazi. You just say what is the matter? We have a guest who came out of Islam. He's one of only 20 former Muslims who are now preachers. He's one of only eight professors of theology. It is a pleasure to welcome Dr. Ergun Caner back to The 700 Club.

DR. ERGUN CANER: Honor to be here.

ROBERTSON: It was said by our President that Islam is a religion of peace. I mean, where does he get that?

CANER: The very word Islam. It does mean peace.

ROBERTSON: Peace in submission?

CANER: It means peace with or submission to Allah. It has nothing to do with the Infidels. It does not mean peace with the Infidels. It means peace with Allah. The Qur’an is very clear about how they feel about you and myself. It says, we are open enemies with the Infidels.

ROBERTSON: What about this jihad? They say jihad is something you fight in your heart and mind. It has nothing to do with real war? What does the Qur’an say about that? It (Caner’s Qur’an) is a big, thick thing.

CANER: It is in English and Arabic. And the reason I brought this is because men such as yourself, Dr. R. Albert Mohler, Jr. at Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, and Mac Brunson in Dallas, you guys have come under attack for saying that jihad is founded in the Qur’an. The apologists will say the word was never in the Qur’an. Yes, they have the Qur’an which is supposedly the words of Allah and then the words and teachings of Muhammad. I will cite two verses I had to memorize as a child that are taught to young Muslims. I hope this puts an end to the problem they have. They don't have a problem with you Dr. Robertson. They have a problem with their own Qur’an. There are Muslims who say they don't believe it say if anyone desires a religion other than Islam, it will never be accepted of him. Let me show you:
"If anyone desires a religion other than Islam, it will never be accepted of him."
o Surah 3:85
"Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which has been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the Religion of Truth, from among the people of the Book (Jews and Christians), until they pay compensation with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued."
- Surah 9:29
Muhammad’s last words recorded in the Hadith were ‘turn the Pagans out of the Arabian Peninsula.’ The reason that I and others like me are not well liked in the Islamic community is the belief that anyone who changes the Islamic religion, kill him.

ROBERTSON: Just like that, kill him?

CANER: One word in Arabic. And two word in the English. Kill him.

ROBERTSON: Somehow we are not bringing that out in the religion of peace business. In other words, think about history because for the first hundred years after Muhammad's death, Islam swept like a fire across North Africa and destroyed all of the Christian churches there and caused everybody to be submitted. Tell us about how they started that.

CANER: You understand that Islam is based on conversion. But it is either by conversion by heart or by sword. When someone says Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world, first, one must remember that it is biological. You are born to a Muslim family. Your father whispers the Kaleema in your ear and you are a Muslim. Secondly, it is conversion by the sword. Slay them where you will find them. And so it spreads like a wildfire.

ROBERTSON: Slay them where you find them?

CANER: That is directly from the Qur’an itself.

ROBERTSON: Slay them where you find them? How do they say that is peaceful?

CANER: I understand why our president said what he said. He doesn't want us fighting Muslims here in America. And here in America this is a very important point. In America, jihad as it is Holy War, is a doctrine. It is a teaching. But from where I come from in Turkey, Islam is more than doctrine, it is ethic. We live with it day and night. Everyone says Turkey is so advanced and modern yet 26 Christian churches have been closed in the last three months, and a thousand Christians have been slain in the last decade.

ROBERTSON: For example, in Saudi Arabia can there be a Christian church?

CANER: That is a tremendous question. You travel the world so you know this. According to the Pact of Oma, They believe every Islamic State believes in religious toleration not religious freedom. Religious toleration says you can be by yourself but if you win a Muslim to Jesus Christ as we are called to do, you can be put to death on the spot.

ROBERTSON: For winning a Muslim to Jesus you can be put to death?

CANER: As a matter of fact, Hadith 9:50 says no one can be killed for killing an Infidel which explains why they will not turn (Osama) bin Laden over.

ROBERTSON: No one can be killed for killing an Infidel? That is what Muhammad said?

CANER: From the Hadith. That is why everyone becomes so worried when bin Laden comes on television. I am thrilled because the first group that bin Laden speaks to are the other Muslims who have not joined the jihad. And bin Laden quoting from the Hadith and quoting from the Qur’an always says you have been called to jihad. They signed the Fatwa on February 23, 1998. He says, "I have called you. You have been called to jihad." It is one thing to say they don't believe in it. There are Muslims who legitimately don't believe in it. And it is another to say it is not taught in Islam.

ROBERTSON: We have a 1.1 billion Muslims in the world. How many of these people honest to goodness believe in Qur’an and believe in the teachings of Muhammad?

CANER: They would say all of them. How many of them follow it is another question. But right now as we speak there are 300,000 who are like me. They are being trained in jihad. They are being trained in the schools. We memorize the verses of the Hadith, we memorize the Qur’an, and we are holy warriors. You know, they always bring up the question to you … well, Christianity and the Old Testament -- we have Christian militias. But for someone to set up a compound in some state and fire off rounds and say we are doing it in the name of Christ. They have to do so in spite of the teachings of Jesus Christ. But a Muslim who does so, does so because of the teachings of
Muhammad. It is not descripted, it is prescriptive in the Qur’an for a Muslim to be called to Holy War.

ROBERTSON: We have a last slide that says seize them and slay them wherever you find them. It says:
Seize them and slay them wherever you find them: and in any case take no friends or helpers from their ranks."
- Surah 4:89
Tell us about this one.

CANER: They call the Christians people of the book and Jews people of the book. So the idea for a Muslim, who is an apologist this is a nightmare. For someone to quote the Qur’an on national television and around the world because they say it is passive and always is in response. You are taking it out of context. There are over 120 verses that call Muslims to Holy War in the Qur’an not withstanding the Hadith which has all of the protocols by which bin Laden operates.
ROBERTSON: Didn’t Muhammad say in one of his writings, speaking that the last days wouldn't come until the Jews were all killed by the Muslims?

CANER: Isn't it interesting that during our former administration they were offered over 80% of the Holy Land and they turned it down. They don't want part of Israel. They want all of Israel. I find it interesting when I am talking to Jewish friends, I say were it not for Jesus Christ we would be across the line for one another.

ROBERTSON: We have questions that have been sent in to us on the Internet. Peggy asks, "Thank you for presenting an informed Muslim-based perspective on Islam. Can you tell us what part Jesus plays in Islam?"
CANER: Well, I teach this at my college, at Criswell College. Muslims say they believe in Jesus, they say sometimes they believe more in Jesus than we do. But to a Muslim, Jesus is a prophet and nothing more than a messenger of Allah. They think he will be sort of like the angel coming and getting us at the end of times but that Muhammad is the final prophet and the seal of the prophets. And Jesus was just among one of 25.

ROBERTSON: The word Ayatollah, is that spirit of the Lord? Prophet of the Lord?

CANER: Depending the sect, you have the spirit of the Lord and in some sects there is a Mullah.

ROBERTSON: But that is spirit of Allah. So, the Ayatollah Khomeni would be deeply venerated if he was the spirit of Allah. Is that not correct?

CANER: Here in America, Muslims are different. I tell people all of the time that Muslims in America were genuinely shocked by the bombing of September 11th because again, here, they have gotten used to our country. You came under incredible heat for saying they have come as missionaries and many of them do. So here I am as a former Muslim and I say Dr. Robertson, you and Dr. Mohler, and Dr. Brunson are speaking the truth and getting beaten up for no reason. But the reason is we are in a culture now that is so synchrotistic. They want us all to have a big group hug and to light a candle, sing a theme song, and have an Oprah (Winfrey) love affair. The thing is, the only thing they believe, the only absolute, that they don't accept is that there are no absolutes. We as Christians and Muslims make this point as well. The culture wants everybody to be the same. Muslims say we are not the same as the Christians. Christians say we do not worship the same God.

ROBERTSON: One last question. This one says, "I am thinking about becoming a Muslim. Before I do that, however, I would like to ask why you changed from being a Muslim to being a Christian?"

CANER: Well, I love that question. I get that in the secular media all of the time. I didn’t change anything. I got saved. I was made righteous with Jesus Christ. I am not religious by nature. You look at me, I don't particularly look like a professor or a pastor. I look like a motorcycle guy. I was saved and it was the preaching of two things. Mercy and grace. As Muslims, we live in fear of the scales their entire life. Fear to get to paradise you must be 51% good.

ROBERTSON: You never know?

CANER: Even Muhammad didn't know. In the Hadith he said, ‘I don't know where I am going. Only Allah knows.’ When someone told me that grace, Christ’s death on the cross and atonement would free me from the fear of scales and what Jesus did for me that I could not do myself. That was a brand transforming new day.

ROBERTSON: So the man who wants to be a Muslim, what do you tell him?

CANER: I tell him that Jesus Christ didn't come to be a way, Jesus Christ came to be THE way. And Jesus Christ came to do for this man what he cannot do for himself regardless of how religious he is. People ask me all the time, do good Muslims go to hell? Yes, and you know what? Good Baptists go to hell, too. It is not your denomination, it is what you did with Jesus Christ.

ROBERTSON: This book "Unveiling Islam" by our guest is available to you. Get it from www.cbn.com or you can call us at 1-800-759-0700 and we will tell you how you can get a hold of it. We appreciate you for your stand. And we hope, brother, they don't get you. So far so good.

CANER: You face the same type of heat I do. You are much higher profile than little old me.

ROBERTSON: They are after me but we'll trust the Lord for his protection. God bless you and thank you for being here.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

InnerChild
Advanced Member
Member # 676

Icon 1 posted      Profile for InnerChild     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the problem is there is no true islamic leadership. If I told you right now to name the head of the islamic religion, could you?

I personally believe that these leaders are also wrong in what they say, because they are categorizing a religion based on extremist sects. There are militant sects of christianity too, would it be fair for the spiritual leaders of the islamic countries called all of christianity violent and militant?

I know quite a few islamic people here in America and they are very peaceful and loving people. I very much enjoy their company as people even if I do not agree with their religion. They are not terrorists, they are not hateful, and they are not evil. They simply choose to have different philisophical beliefs as me, and I respect that, just as they must respect my beliefs.

Incidentally, in an earlier post you spelled it "Koran" and it's actually "Quran" ..

Darren

--------------------
--
Child
Semper Cognosco

Posts: 40 | From: Greensboro, NC USA | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
njclary
unregistered

I agree; all should let our leaders know that we stand with these Christian leaders on this subject. Goodness knows the islamic leadership should now pick up the ball and show to all that they will bring the extremeists under control if they are the peaceloving religeon they say they are and our national leaders say they are.

God Bless

Joel

Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 19 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nearing Midnight----Rapture Ready Web site.

Current events and my own personal commentary on things that relate to Bible prophecy.
Todd

Nov 25

The liberal media and the Bush administration have both bristled at comments made by evangelical leaders against Islam. Men like Pat Robertson, Franklin Graham, Jerry Falwell, and Jimmy Swaggart have been attacked for saying unpleasant things about the Islamic faith.

The powers that run this nation seem to have the attitude, if you can't say something positive about another religion, it's best that you don't say anything at all. Sometimes the truth is negative, and in the case of Islamic, there seems to be an wealth of examples to prove that something is terribly wrong with this so-called "peaceful faith." Here are few events of just the past week:

At least 10 people died when suspected Islamic rebel gunmen attacked two Hindu temples in Indian Kashmir. The Rebels warned the Indian government that more attacks are coming their way.

American missionary Bonnie Penner was gunned down at the Lebanese Christian center where she worked as a nurse. The center provided medical aide to poor Muslims. Penner was simply killed for being a US citizen.

Palestinian Islamic militants on an explosive-packed boat blew themselves up when intercepted by an Israeli navy patrol off the Gaza Strip, wounding four Israeli soldiers.

Another suicide bomber blew himself up on a crowded bus in Jerusalem, killing 11 people and injured at least 49. The explosion ripped through the bus that was packed with commuters and school children during the morning rush hour. Hospital officials said at least half the wounded were under the age of 18. Witnesses said they had heard children who had been on their way to school screaming "Mamma, Mamma" from the wreckage.

In the northern Nigerian city of Kaduna, Islamic followers went on a three day rampage. The rioting left at least 215 people dead. The violence began after a local newspaper published an article suggesting that Islam's founding prophet would have approved of the Miss World beauty pageant. The article said, "What would Muhammad think? In all honesty, he would probably have chosen a wife from among them." Of course, this was more than enough justification for Islamic radicals to go about setting people on fire or hacking them to death.

If the reporter had used Jesus Christ's name in the story, I highly doubt that Christians would have rioted in streets. The western media has reported this events in a way that makes it seem like a murderous uproar by Islamic extremists is simply a common occurrence.

I strongly believe the reason why Islam has escaped any major criticism is directly related to demonic activity that is working to unify the world's religions. The book of Revelation describes the false churches as the great ***** . If Sept 11 had occur during any other point in history, we would have seen scores of people deported back to their native country. I take the religious lovefest as a sign of the tribulation's nearness.

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement