Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » The Christian News   » Democrat Shannon O'Brien would legalize gay marriage

Author Topic: Democrat Shannon O'Brien would legalize gay marriage
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 13 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Democrat Shannon O'Brien would legalize gay marriage if elected Massuchesett's governor

Weekend News Today
Lead: Faith
Source: Fox News

Thu Oct 17,2002 -- On Tuesday, in the Massachusetts governor's race, Democrat Shannon O'Brien suggested that she would sign legislation legalizing gay marriage if it were to come to her desk if she was elected as governor of Massachusetts. "I made the statement I would not thwart the legislation. I would sign it into law. That is my position," O'Brien, the state treasurer, said Wednesday. But that position has caused her problems. O'Brien said that she personally opposes gay marriage and would rather push to legalize so-called civil unions, also known as domestic partnerships, which are now only recognized in neighboring Vermont. Republican candidate Mitt Romney also supports civil unions, but the millionaire businessman and architect of last winter's Olympic Games said O'Brien is trying to have it both ways. "I will work to enact domestic partnership benefits for gay couples. When I say I am not in favor of gay marriage that means I'm not going to sign a bill that provides for gay marriage. That's where I stand. Let's not try and weasel around here as to what we believe and what we're going to do," Romney said. Polls indicate a statistical dead heat between the two.

Editor's Note: Well, no wonder it's such a close race with them both doing the wrong thing morally. Sheesh. Hello? The leaders are supposed to be the best examples to those in their state.

Proverbs 28:10 He who leads the upright along an evil path will fall into his own trap, but the blameless will receive a good inheritance.
Isaiah 5:20-21 Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter. Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes and clever in their own sight.
Proverbs 28:
12 When the righteous triumph, there is great elation; but when the wicked rise to power, men go into hiding.
13 He who conceals his sins does not prosper, but whoever confesses and renounces them finds mercy.
14 Blessed is the man who always fears the LORD , but he who hardens his heart falls into trouble.
Jeremiah 18:
7 If at any time I announce that a nation or kingdom is to be uprooted, torn down and destroyed, 8 and if that nation I warned repents of its evil, then I will relent and not inflict on it the disaster I had planned. 9 And if at another time I announce that a nation or kingdom is to be built up and planted, 10 and if it does evil in my sight and does not obey me, then I will reconsider the good I had intended to do for it. 11 "Now therefore say to the people of Judah and those living in Jerusalem, 'This is what the LORD says: Look! I am preparing a disaster for you and devising a plan against you. So turn from your evil ways, each one of you, and reform your ways and your actions.' 12 But they will reply, 'It's no use. We will continue with our own plans; each of us will follow the stubbornness of his evil heart.' "
Isaiah 3:9 The look on their faces testifies against them; they parade their sin like Sodom; they do not hide it. Woe to them! They have brought disaster upon themselves.

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement