Christian Message Board And Forums

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Board And Forums   » Miscellaneous   » Christian Video Clips, Movies , Church Webs TV   » No Oscar Nod For God?? (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: No Oscar Nod For God??
volodymyrdolgoruki
Advanced Member
Member # 4400

Icon 1 posted      Profile for volodymyrdolgoruki     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you even read what people post before you add your opinion???

I SAID I SAW THE MOVIE

--------------------
Don't wish for a better day
Be glad and use the one you're in
Fear God and do exactly what He says
That's what matters
All else fades like the flowers

Posts: 73 | From: God's Kingdom | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Volodymyrdolgoruki,

Yes I read every posting! Then I post! I didn't assume that you hadn't seen the movie! That is for those who haven't! Thank you!

In Christ's love,
Gramajo320

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
volodymyrdolgoruki
Advanced Member
Member # 4400

Icon 1 posted      Profile for volodymyrdolgoruki     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gramajo320 and Favor Minded

I asked a question you never addressed.

quote:
Here's something to ponder.

If the movie had been more Bible, truth centered;
Less man made centered:

More the True Word of God in it;

(Romans 10:17)
So faith comes by hearing [what is told], and what is heard comes by the preaching [of the message that came from the lips] of Christ (the Messiah Himself).

(Hebrews 4:12) For the Word that God speaks is alive and full of power [making it active, operative, energizing, and effective]; it is sharper than any two-edged sword, penetrating to the dividing line of the breath of life (soul) and [the immortal] spirit, and of joints and marrow [of the deepest parts of our nature], exposing and sifting and analyzing and judging the very thoughts and purposes of the heart.

Could God haved used it even more powerfully?

Would it had made any difference?

Would more people come to faith?

Would more peoples faith grown?

Any comments?

--------------------
That's what matters

Posts: 73 | From: God's Kingdom | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
unregistered

Voldoymyrdolgoruki,

Read Favorminded's postings.

In Christ's love,
Gramajo320

volodymyrdolgoruki
Advanced Member
Member # 4400

I did, he never addressed what I asked.

But what do you think?

--------------------
That's what matters

Gramajo320
unregistered

Volodymyrdolgoruki,

Our Heavenly Father uses people and situations all around this world in order to accomplish what He wants to come to pass. The Holy Spirit leads
in order that our Heavenly Father's plans are accomplished. It is not up to us to question our Heavenly Father when he uses people or situations around the world for He will never let any one be led in the wrong way. All good things work together for the glory of God and that is what is most important. That includes The Passion Of The Christ. Also it is not up to us to judge or to tear down what our Heavenly Father has planned either. His will is what will be done.

You would do well to read Favorminded's and David's postings carefully.

In Christ's love,
Gramajo320

volodymyrdolgoruki
Advanced Member
Member # 4400

I have read them

So you won't answer my question then.

--------------------
That's what matters

Gramajo320
unregistered

Volodymyrdolgoruki,

I suggest again that you read the postings and that includes mine with understanding. Also please refrain from attempting to turn postings into a debate for that has definitely become quite tiresome. You seem to want to do that so much.

In Christ's love,
Gramajo320

volodymyrdolgoruki
Advanced Member
Member # 4400

Gramajo320 wrote
quote:
for He will never let any one be led in the wrong way.
Not true
(Luke 21:8) And He said, "See to it that you are not misled; for many will come in My name, saying, 'I am He,' and, 'The time is near.' Do not go after them.

(Mark 13:6) "Many will come in My name, saying, 'I am He!' and will mislead many.

(Matthew 24:5) "For many will come in My name, saying, 'I am the Christ,' and will mislead many.

(Matthew 24:11) "Many false prophets will arise and will mislead many.

Matthew 24:24-25
(24) "For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will show great signs and wonders, so as to mislead, if possible, even the elect.
(25) "Behold, I have told you in advance.

Gramajo320 also wrote
quote:
All good things work together for the glory of God
Not accurate

(Romans 8:28) And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.

--------------------
That's what matters

Gramajo320
unregistered

Volodymyrdolgoruki,

THE HOLY SPIRIT NEVER MISLEADS US! Your apparent continual desire to want only to debate and is very tiresome.

Now I'm telling you au revoir!

In Christ's love,
Gramajo320

volodymyrdolgoruki
Advanced Member
Member # 4400

You are right, The Holy Spirit NEVER misleads us, but that's not what you said.

You said
quote:
for He will never let any one be led in the wrong way.

--------------------
That's what matters

Gramajo320
unregistered

Volodymyrdolgoruki,

Au Revoir!

In Christ's love,
Gramajo320

volodymyrdolgoruki
Advanced Member
Member # 4400

Gramajo320
I'm not trying to pick on you or upset you.

I FIRMLY believe
2 Timothy 3:16-17
(16) All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness;
(17) so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.

That is one problem I have with the movie, there is very very little scripture in it.

I'm as passionate against the movie as you are for it.

I also firmly believe
(2 Timothy 2:15) Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth.

God's Word MUST be accurately quoted and handled.

I don't like see God's Word being misquoted, however innocent or unintetioned it may be.

I will now depart in peace.

May God Bless you all beyond measure with His Wisdom.

May He give you all the Grace and strength to apply His Wisdom.

My He open all your eyes to lies and deceptions, gifting you with His discernment.

--------------------
That's what matters

Gramajo320
unregistered

Volodymyrdolgoruki,

My eyes are quite wide open as to what are lies and deception and to what is the real truth. The Holy Spirit leads me in many ways and in many areas.

Au Revoir.

In Christ's love,
Gramajo320

Study
Advanced Member
Member # 3991

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Study   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like this trend needs a group hug and to move on.  -

--------------------
http://www.biblenotebooks.com
The book no Christian should be without!

Posts: 364 | From: NJ | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mohawk
Advanced Member
Member # 2898

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mohawk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Talk about an eye-opener, I come back after a day or two and look at this thread... wow! Please don't think me a troublemaker. I believe my original topic was my own grousing over the Academy not even, grudgingly, giving Jim Caviezal a nomination for his portrayal of Jesus in this powerful movie.

I'd also like to add, in the spirit of the conversation that has resulted, that a piece of graffiti on a wall that says, "Got Jesus?" or anything to that effect, is no more biblical than "Passion" can claim to be... yet if one lost soul actually is led to seek the Lord out... pick up a Bible... step into a church... ask a Christian acquaintance about Jesus... all because of that graffiti... then you have seen the Lord at work. Praise Him. He is not limited by the self-created rules of engagement we imagine onto Him. If one soul was saved (whether there is a statistic showing it or not) because of "Passion," praise Him.

Jesus went to the cross to save us from a legalism we could never hope to live up to by our own power. In tearing down "Passion" because it doesn't comply with a legalistic viewpoint of how God OUGHT TO work, is like saying "You're not REALLY saved because you didn't receive Christ in the same church where I did."

If anything, it is foretold that the entire world will have heard of Jesus before He returns... "Passion" at least has served a part of Bible prophecy. I will never attempt to confine God's power down to my own limited vision of how He "should" operate or carry out His plan. If God has used "Passion" as a tool--depsite it ruffling the feathers of a few legalists, which apparently it has--then who can second-guess Him?

Posts: 223 | From: california | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mohawk
Advanced Member
Member # 2898

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mohawk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At the risk of pouring either water or gasoline on this hot thread... here is a recent interview by Gibson himself, that seems to address the original topic here... I present it to round out all the diverse viewpoints that have been presented in this thread--I hope it helps the exchange.

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2005/3/7/185117.shtml?j=832417&e=wonkavatorup@yahoo.com&l=143149_HTML&u=15609466

May God bless the discussion of His word.

Posts: 223 | From: california | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Church Webs | Privacy Statement