Christian Message Board And Forums

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Board And Forums   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Eternal Security (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Author Topic: Eternal Security
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 18 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
not teaching of legalism....

never have....

I am teaching walking in the Spirit....

I am teaching responsibility of actions committed after coming to the knowledge of Yahshua....confession of sin as clearly stated in 1st John....6If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:

7But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

8If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

9If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

10If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

Carol and WilbB are teaching easy believism....Grace with no moral responsibility....you both teach partial Truth...

I don't use abusive language like WildB.....I also refrain from foolish jesting , again something the scripture teach....Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks.Ephesians 5:4

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Carol and WilbB are teaching easy believism....Grace with no moral responsibility....you both teach partial Truth...

You obviously don't read what we post. No one here teaches easy believism. Both legalism and license to sin are wrong.

Jesus explained that His sheep are secure in His hand and in the Father's hand. "They shall never perish" is His promise (John 3:16; 6:39; 17:12; 18:9). The false shepherds bring destruction (John 10:10, same Greek word); but the Good Shepherd sees to it that His sheep shall never perish.

The security of God's sheep is assured here in several ways. First, by definition—we have "eternal life," and that cannot be conditional and still be eternal. Second, this life is a gift, not something that we earn or merit If we were not saved by our own good works, but by His grace, then we cannot be lost by our "bad works" (Rom. 11:6). But most important, Jesus gave us His promise that His sheep do not perish, and that His promise cannot be broken.

It is important to keep in mind that Jesus was talking about sheep—true believers—and not counterfeits. The dog and the pig will go back into sin (2 Peter 2:20-22); but the sheep, being a clean animal, will follow the Shepherd into the green pastures. The false professor will talk about his faith and even his works, but he will never make it into heaven (Matt. 7:13-29). Most of us know people who professed to be saved and then went back into sin, but their doing so only proved that they never really trusted Christ to begin with. Jesus did not promise security to anyone but His true sheep.

Wiersbe

This discussion brought up an interesting question. When someone is born again and indwelt by the Holy Spirit, does he still have free will? Can he still choose to turn away and live in sin?

Posts: 6767 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bloodbought
Advanced Member
Member # 4365

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bloodbought     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, a true believer is eternally secure because he or she has been saved by Gods grace without any human merit. But the believer is still a sinner who sins daily in thought, word and deed. This is something that Paul struggled with in Romans 7, but he was assured of victory in Christ. There are examples in the scriptures of believers falling into sin, but they were always graciously restored to fellowship by the work of the Holy Spirit.

Every true believer is aware that all their thoughts and actions are tainted by sin and that the key to forgiveness is repentance and total trust and dependence in Christ, as He grants them the grace to do so.

Posts: 818 | From: Ireland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 14 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bloodbought:
Yes, a true believer is eternally secure because he or she has been saved by Gods grace without any human merit. But the believer is still a sinner who sins daily in thought, word and deed. This is something that Paul struggled with in Romans 7, but he was assured of victory in Christ. There are examples in the scriptures of believers falling into sin, but they were always graciously restored to fellowship by the work of the Holy Spirit.

Every true believer is aware that all their thoughts and actions are tainted by sin and that the key to forgiveness is repentance and total trust and dependence in Christ, as He grants them the grace to do so.

Born again Christians are Spiritual beings still living in flesh-en bodies.

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 7376 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Romans 7:14-25 (NASB)

14 For we know that the Law is spiritual, but I am of flesh, sold into bondage to sin. 15 For what I am doing, I do not understand; for I am not practicing what I would like to do, but I am doing the very thing I hate. 16 But if I do the very thing I do not want to do, I agree with the Law, confessing that the Law is good. 17 So now, no longer am I the one doing it, but sin which dwells in me. 18 For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh; for the willing is present in me, but the doing of the good is not. 19 For the good that I want, I do not do, but I practice the very evil that I do not want. 20 But if I am doing the very thing I do not want, I am no longer the one doing it, but sin which dwells in me. 21 I find then the principle that evil is present in me, the one who wants to do good. 22 For I joyfully concur with the law of God in the inner man, 23 but I see a different law in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin which is in my members. 24 Wretched man that I am! Who will set me free from the body of this death? 25 Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, on the one hand I myself with my mind am serving the law of God, but on the other, with my flesh the law of sin.

Posts: 6767 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The OSAS crowd most of the time only looks at the top of the 'lease agreement' to salvation, and screams "Jesus made my payment, I have the right to live here no matter what!" Or in other words "I accepted Christ, and I'm saved no matter what!". Never....I mean NEVER do they read the terms and conditions of their 'tenancy'. I will even say, in my experience, most of them don't know the fine print even exists. For if they did, they would not believe in the heresy.
Good grief! Our salvation is not a lease agreement. It is a gift paid for by our Lord Jesus Christ on the cross. There is no fine print. If you really think you can do a better job of salvation than He has, all I can say is that lease agreement you have did not come from Him.

What Christ accomplished for the world is miraculous beyond comprehension. Something that only our benevolent and very, very wonderful God could do. We don't obey Him to earn our salvation or keep it; we obey Him in response to our salvation. The miracle He worked in us has made us new creations in Christ. I wish all of you could embrace the full measure of His grace and rejoice in Him rather than living as fearful slaves to self-righteousness.

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Church Webs | Privacy Statement