Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Eternal Security (Page 2)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Author Topic: Eternal Security
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 6 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Because says "Betty, you think it OK to partake of Billy Joel's life through his music... I never even heard of him till tonight and what little I know about him, I know I want nothing to do with him...."

My such a forgiving spirit we are showing the baseball fans.

It is good are Lord don't think like u Hum?

or do you think your stone throwing arm is progressively better than others?

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 17 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by becauseHElives:
quote:
We forgive because the Holy Spirit of Christ lives within us. We obey the law of Christ because His Spirit lives within us. We will never fall into judgment or fall from grace when we are led by the Spirit.
exactly the point Carol....no one falls from Grace when walking after the Spirit but there are no robots in Yahweh's Kingdom, the believer still has the chose to walk after the Spirit or not ...

the believer is free to walk away...

Yahweh will not force anyone too do anything!

abiding is a conscious decision on the believers part everyday.

Yahweh does not force anyone to pray....
Yahweh does not force anyone to read the scriptures...
Yahweh does not force anyone to meditate on His word....
Yahweh does not force anyone to think on things that are true, things are honest, things are just, things are pure, things are lovely, things are of good report; virtue, praise, ....
each individual believer must consciously every day make those choices!

other wise all the instruction of scripture is useless.

if you or I teaches something that offends one of these little ones that believe in Yahshua, it is better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he were cast into the sea.

that does not sound like loss of reward to me...that warning is serious!

becauseHElives,

We are sealed with the Holy Spirit. God OWNS us; we are His slaves, and we are His children. The Holy Spirit is God’s seal on His people, His claim on us as His very own. No one can break the seal of God.

What about free will? We used our free will when we chose to put our faith in Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior. We were reborn into the family of God.

If you are going to say that you don't yet have the seal and you won't receive salvation until you have endured to the end, then remember this: if you don't have the Holy Spirit of Christ within you, if you are not yet sealed by the Spirit, then you are not one of His.

Why all this talk about forcing us to pray and so on? Do you not LOVE Him? Why in the world would a born again Christian teach something to offend a little one who loves Him? That warning is for unbelievers who teach believing children to be atheists. (I hope Darwin spends eternity measuring bird beaks).

Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
barrykind,

About Matthew 6:15

quote:
Yahushua made the statement, take it up with the Master Sister//
I did Mister. He said, "I love you."

We love, because He first loved us. (1 John 4:19)
We forgive, because He first forgave us. (Ephesians 1:7}

quote:
If one is "born again" and i harbor unforgiveness in my heart, the LORD HIMSELF said if i do not forgive men thier tresspasses, The Lord said he would not forgive me my tresspasses!
But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves to God, the benefit you reap leads to holiness, and the result is eternal life. For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans 6:22-23)

quote:
Also Yahushua said if i deny Him [yahushua] before men then He [Yahushua] would deny me before the Father!

Thats just plain gospel fact..Sister

So is this:

For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. (Philippians 1:21)

quote:
I dont know why yall use "grace" of the Master Yahushua as a cloak for every evil work?

Why?

Why do you think that Grace overlooks all things, now im talking about after salvation..

Grace is no license for sin, grace does not stand up for sin, nor condone sin...

And some people even slander us by claiming that we say, “The more we sin, the better it is!” Those who say such things deserve to be condemned. (Romans 3:8 NLT)

quote:
Its the WHOLE Gospel my Dear Sister...Being saved does not allow us to walk in the flesh until we die, nor does it contradict YHWH when He said, that HE is not Mocked for whatsoever a man sows, that shall he also reap!
Now those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.

If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit. (Galatians 5:22-25)

quote:
BE NOT WEARY IN WELL doing for in due season you shall REAP...IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF YOU faint NOT!!!

ENDURE TO THE END!...[emp. not shouting at you]

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.

But now apart from the Law the righteousness of God has been manifested, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets, even the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all those who believe; for there is no distinction; for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, being justified as a gift by His grace through the redemption which is in Christ Jesus; (Romans 3:21-24)

Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 18 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
We forgive because the Holy Spirit of Christ lives within us. We obey the law of Christ because His Spirit lives within us. We will never fall into judgment or fall from grace when we are led by the Spirit.
exactly the point Carol....no one falls from Grace when walking after the Spirit but there are no robots in Yahweh's Kingdom, the believer still has the chose to walk after the Spirit or not ...

the believer is free to walk away...

Yahweh will not force anyone too do anything!

abiding is a conscious decision on the believers part everyday.

Yahweh does not force anyone to pray....
Yahweh does not force anyone to read the scriptures...
Yahweh does not force anyone to meditate on His word....
Yahweh does not force anyone to think on things that are true, things are honest, things are just, things are pure, things are lovely, things are of good report; virtue, praise, ....
each individual believer must consciously every day make those choices!

other wise all the instruction of scripture is useless.

if you or I teaches something that offends one of these little ones that believe in Yahshua, it is better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he were cast into the sea.

that does not sound like loss of reward to me...that warning is serious!

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wild guy and Betty, eklesia is not even a word - it has no meaning. But ekklesia means called out ones. It can be the church or any other assembly.

In barrykind and becauseHElives case, it apparently means legalists vs. rotten, no good, evil doing believers of Eternal Security.

They demand absolute perfection of others even knowing that no one is perfect, including themselves.

becauseHElives, you emphasize the importance of forgiveness, then almost immediately demonstrate an unforgiving spirit toward a singer and those who like his music. barry refused to forgive a typing mistake. You're unforgiving of every church, preacher and teacher who interpret scripture differently than you do, or who don't live by your standards. If you're going to write about forgiveness, you need to be forgiving yourself.

Our Lord Jesus spent time with sinners, forgiving and teaching them.

quote:
Originally posted by oneinchrist:
Hi Carol,
You posted this answer in response to my post:

Galatians 5:18 (NASB)
But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the Law

But we are still under law.......right?
The "law of Christ" (Galatians 6:2)

Forgiveness is part of the law of Christ. Wouldnt unforgiveness put into question where we place our faith?

Let me try to make an analogy here.
In the Old testament the law of ten Commandments was delivered to Gods people through His prophet Moses. The Israelites witnessed the lightnings and thunderings and the cloud of God cover Mt. Sinai. Moses came down with the Ten Commandments on stone tablets written by the hand of God.

Now the Israelites had a choice. They could choose to follow after and obey(of course not perfectly, but with a sincere diligent faith)the commands that came from the God who brought them out of bondage, or they could scoff at them and make up their own gods.
If they chose to embrace the commands(as from a loving and faithful God), then their obedience(of course not perfect, but sincere diligence) reflected their trust in God and His Word. If they chose not to cling to and obey Gods commands, it reflected a lack of trust in God and His Word.

Doesnt the same concept apply today?
If we embrace the doctrine that was brought to us by Jesus, it reflects our trust in Him. If we neglect, discard, scoff at, or consider insignificant the doctrine that was brought to us by Jesus, it reflects our lack of trust in Him.

We are warned that if we choose unforgiveness that we can put our own souls in jeopardy. It sounds to me like this warning comes from One who desires to keep us in fellowship with the Father. It sounds to me like this warning is a warning to protect us from the evil one.

Warnings are our friends......warnings are gifts from God........to keep us in the spirit......walking in the light.

My friends.....Dont convenant with the devil! flee unforgiveness, flee bitterness, flee from pride and the vanity of life, flee from the love of money, flee from idols(even people idols), flee from sexual immorality, flee from envy, and draw closer to God in Jesus.

We dont forgive to merit salvation. We forgive becaue we are taught(by Jesus) to forgive, and because we are taught the peril of unforgiveness. Yes, even I forgive because I fear falling into judgement, but my main motivation is Gods love and mercy towards me.

I do not believe that BecauseHElives is saying that we merit salvation by our forgiveness....... but I do believe that he is saying that we can fall from grace by unforgiveness. This seems like a paradox.......but.....possibly not, if one considers that faith and forgiveness have such a close and binding relationship with one another .......such as faith and love are never divorced from each other.

With love in Christ, Daniel

But if you are led by the Spirit , you are not under the Law

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 18 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I like Billy Joel's music. Listening to his music does not mean you support his morals or his political beliefs.

Ephesians 5

3But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints;

4Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks.

5For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.

6Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.

7Be not ye therefore partakers with them.

8For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light:

9(For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth;)

10Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord.

11And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

Betty, you think it OK to partake of Billy Joel's life through his music... I never even heard of him till tonight and what little I know about him, I know I want nothing to do with him....

you think rock and roll music tends to promote or assist an atmosphere conducive to of the Holy Spirit?

my Bible tells me to have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

6Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.

Paul is talking to those who do not obey the Gospel!

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 1 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by barrykind:
Dale..are these ppl nuts, crazy, off the wall or is it ME?

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 1 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dale..are these ppl nuts, crazy, off the wall or is it ME?

[Confused] [Confused] [Confused] [Confused] [Confused] [Confused] [Confused] [Confused]

--------------------

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 6 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Betty Louise:
WildB

You made me laugh out loud. Thanks for the laugh. I needed it tonight.
betty

It does kinda get funny running the same caribou ruts and trails.

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WildB

You made me laugh out loud. Thanks for the laugh. I needed it tonight.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 12 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
sounds like something you would hear at a Catholic Church.
People talking above everybody. If your audience doesn't understand what you are saying then you are not getting your point across.
betty

Why Betty BigL you have a bad condemnatory to hell attitude.

REPENT and be baptized again in the name of the A or B then both.

man some peoples kids?

--------------------
That is all.....

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sounds like something you would hear at a Catholic Church.
People talking above everybody. If your audience doesn't understand what you are saying then you are not getting your point across.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

quote:
Originally posted by barrykind:
Brother Daniel states:

quote:
We don't forgive to merit salvation. We forgive because we are taught(by Jesus) to forgive, and because we are taught the peril of unforgiveness. Yes, even I forgive because I fear falling into judgment, but my main motivation is Gods love and mercy towards me. I do not believe that BecauseHElives is saying that we merit salvation by our forgiveness....... but I do believe that he is saying that we can fall from grace by unforgiveness. This seems like a paradox.......but.....possibly not, if one considers that faith and forgiveness have such a close and binding relationship with one another .......such as faith and love are never divorced from each other. With love in Christ, Daniel

Yes sir Brother you have a good handle on what the Spirit is saying to the "eklesia" the body of christ, the "church"..

amen

[thumbsup2]

Sorry baseball fans..LOL "eklesia"

Is that like tora tora tora?

Get the marbels out of your mouth ..

speake englash..

--------------------
That is all.....

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks....

WildB you quote BILLY JOEL....

this man is not anyone to look up to or listen to....is this the kind of stuff you give your heart to....

he has been divorced 3 times.....

Elizabeth Weber Small/ married September 5, 1973 /divorced on July 20, 1982.

Christie Brinkley / married March 23, 1985. / divorced on August 25, 1994

Katie Lee / married October 2, 2004 /divorced June 17, 2009,

Joel is a long-time supporter of the Democratic Party and has supported Bill Clinton for president, Hillary Clinton for the Senate, and most recently Barack Obama for president.[46] In 2008, Joel played a fund raising concert with Bruce Springsteen in support of Barack Obama.[47]

quote:
being you think so highly of the Apostle Paul you should consider his words.....Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

My my, again you miss the mark while trying to maintain the dark.

My friends that died are my Lords concern and I never looked at a one of them as a reprobate.

They were clay made in Gods very image in a very bad situation.

Reprobates! No sir!

Remember Charlie, remember Baker
They left their childhood on every acre

My brothers in arms and death.

--------------------
That is all.....

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

I like Billy Joel's music. Listening to his music does not mean you support his morals or his political beliefs.

betty

--------------------

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks....

WildB you quote BILLY JOEL....

this man is not anyone to look up to or listen to....is this the kind of stuff you give your heart to....

he has been divorced 3 times.....

Elizabeth Weber Small/ married September 5, 1973 /divorced on July 20, 1982.

Christie Brinkley / married March 23, 1985. / divorced on August 25, 1994

Katie Lee / married October 2, 2004 /divorced June 17, 2009,

Joel is a long-time supporter of the Democratic Party and has supported Bill Clinton for president, Hillary Clinton for the Senate, and most recently Barack Obama for president.[46] In 2008, Joel played a fund raising concert with Bruce Springsteen in support of Barack Obama.[47]

quote:
being you think so highly of the Apostle Paul you should consider his words.....Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

--------------------

barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Brother Daniel states:

quote:
We don't forgive to merit salvation. We forgive because we are taught(by Jesus) to forgive, and because we are taught the peril of unforgiveness. Yes, even I forgive because I fear falling into judgment, but my main motivation is Gods love and mercy towards me. I do not believe that BecauseHElives is saying that we merit salvation by our forgiveness....... but I do believe that he is saying that we can fall from grace by unforgiveness. This seems like a paradox.......but.....possibly not, if one considers that faith and forgiveness have such a close and binding relationship with one another .......such as faith and love are never divorced from each other. With love in Christ, Daniel

Yes sir Brother you have a good handle on what the Spirit is saying to the "eklesia" the body of christ, the "church"..
amen

[thumbsup2]

--------------------

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 9 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BILLY JOEL WE WILL ALL GO DOWN TOGETHER LYRICS

We met as soul mates on Parris Island
We left as inmates from an asylum
And we were sharp, as sharp as knives
And we were so gung ho to lay down our lives

We came in spastic like tameless horses
We left in plastic as numbered corpses
And we learned fast to travel light
Our arms were heavy but our bellies were tight

We had no home front, we had no soft soap
They sent us Playboy, they gave us Bob Hope
We dug in deep and shot on sight
And prayed to Jesus Christ with all of our might

We had no cameras to shoot the landscape
We passed the hash pipe and played our Doors tapes
And it was dark, so dark at night
And we held on to each other like brother to brother
We promised our mothers we'd write

And we would all go down together
We said we'd all go down together
Yes we would all go down together

Remember Charlie, remember Baker
They left their childhood on every acre
And who was wrong? And who was right?
It didn't matter in the thick of the fight

We held the day in the palm of our hand
They ruled the night, and the night
Seemed to last as long as six weeks...

...On Parris Island
We held the coastline, they held the highlands
And they were sharp, as sharp as knives
They heard the hum of our motors
They counted the rotors
And waited for us to arrive

And we would all go down together
We said we'd all go down together
Yes we would all go down together [Confused] [Confused]

--------------------
That is all.....

barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

amen !

[hyper]
[hyper]
[Kiss]
[hug]
[clap2]
[thumbsup2]

--------------------

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Daniel, that is exactly what I was saying....
quote:

--------------------

barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Brother Dale states:

quote:
"Lord, you have been kind and forgiving towards me. May I be merciful as you are merciful. Free me from all bitterness and resentment that I may truly forgive from the heart all who may have caused me injury or grief."

Whew i could shout! i KNOW your heart as well as anyman could mybrother Dale...Your a man of integratity that humbly walks with his Lord and saviour Yahushua the Messiah...

We HAVE NO RIGHT TO TAKE UP OUR OWN CAUSE: we are SLAVES to Christ and to HIM alone!

If My precious saviour chooses to take all my children tonight HE IS LORD;if Yahushua sees fit to let me be a martyr for HIM and HIS GLORY, HallaluYAH!

Polycarp was a man of like passions as we ourselves, who when burned at the stake, history teaches that they had to try and light the fire several times, and after his family was martyred, he sang hims and the fire parted, all around him and when Yahushua saw fit, the fire consumed him...what a SWERT smelling savour to the LORD of HOSTS!

amen my Brother..

[clap2]

[wave3]
[hug]
[thumbsup2]

--------------------

barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Brother Daniels post:

quote:
Forgiveness is part of the law of Christ. Wouldnt unforgiveness put into question where we place our faith?

In the Old testament the law of ten Commandments was delivered to Gods people through His prophet Moses. The Israelites witnessed the lightnings and thunderings and the cloud of God cover Mt. Sinai. Moses came down with the Ten Commandments on stone tablets written by the hand of God.

Now the Israelites had a choice. They could choose to follow after and obey(of course not perfectly, but with a sincere diligent faith)the commands that came from the God who brought them out of bondage, or they could scoff at them and make up their own gods.
If they chose to embrace the commands(as from a loving and faithful God), then their obedience(of course not perfect, but sincere diligence) reflected their trust in God and His Word. If they chose not to cling to and obey Gods commands, it reflected a lack of trust in God and His Word.

If we embrace the doctrine that was brought to us by Jesus, it reflects our trust in Him. If we neglect, discard, scoff at, or consider insignificant the doctrine that was brought to us by Jesus, it reflects our lack of trust in Him.

We are warned that if we choose unforgiveness that we can put our own souls in jeopardy. It sounds to me like this warning comes from One who desires to keep us in fellowship with the Father. It sounds to me like this warning is a warning to protect us from the evil one.

Warnings are our friends......warnings are gifts from God........to keep us in the spirit......walking in the light.

My friends.....Dont convenant with the devil! flee unforgiveness, flee bitterness, flee from pride and the vanity of life, flee from the love of money, flee from idols(even people idols), flee from sexual immorality, flee from envy, and draw closer to God in Jesus.

We dont forgive to merit salvation. We forgive becaue we are taught(by Jesus) to forgive, and because we are taught the peril of unforgiveness. Yes, even I forgive because I fear falling into judgement, but my main motivation is Gods love and mercy towards me.

I do not believe that BecauseHElives is saying that we merit salvation by our forgiveness....... but I do believe that he is saying that we can fall from grace by unforgiveness. This seems like a paradox.......but.....possibly not, if one considers that faith and forgiveness have such a close and binding relationship with one another .......such as faith and love are never divorced from each other.

Exactly my Precious Brohter Daniel, for the world has not taught you this, but our Father thru His precious Son, Yahushua HaMashiach the Messiah..

[thumbsup2]

--------------------

barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Brother Daniel states:

quote:

Absolutely my Brother....

Carol, Betty, Bill et,.el; do you think that Stephen was a "coward"????

I dont think so, when they were stoning him to DEATH!!!, TO Death!; and those Pharasee boys knew how to stone, i imagine they carried rocks everywhere they went.

When they were stoning Stephen to Death, Stephen looked up to heaven and say Yahushua [only place in the bible says Yahushua was standing up!]
and Stephen said:

Acts 7:56
And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.

Dont you think Stephen could have grabbed Saul [Paul] by the throat and chocked him to death?
Stephen was "full of the Holy Ghost", and no COWARD!

But that same Saul that held the stoners clothes was Paul the "Apostle" of Grace....

Wake up my beloved children and taste and see that YHWH is GOOD!

Yes Sir Daniel my Brother you have a good handle on what the Lord is teaching..

[hug]
[thumbsup2]

--------------------

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
barrykind,

quote:
I dont know why yall use "grace" of the Master Yahushua as a cloak for every evil work?

Why?

Why do you think that Grace overlooks all things, now im talking about after salvation..

Grace is no license for sin, grace does not stand up for sin, nor condone sin...

Maybe it would help if you actually read what we post so you can stop accusing us of things we never said.

Why do you think I am doing evil works?

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Our Lord also said

John 6:40
“For this is the will of My Father, that everyone who beholds the Son and believes in Him will have eternal life, and I Myself will raise him up on the last day.”

Forgiveness is very much a part of our Christian life, and our walk with the Lord. But Matthew 6:15 is not a condition for salvation. We cannot add to the cross of Christ.

I believe that we are saved first, and then the indwelling Holy Spirit helps us to live in a way that is pleasing to our Lord. Other people seem to believe that we are to be good first, and then, if we are good enough, we will be saved.

barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Carol states:

quote:
Am I the only one who thinks that becauseHElives made Matthew 6:15 a condition for salvation?
Yeah Pretty much..

If one is "born again" and i harbor unforgiveness in my heart, the LORD HIMSELF said if i do not forgive men thier tresspasses, The Lord said he would not forgive me my tresspasses!

Also Yahushua said if i deny Him [yahushua] before men then He [Yahushua] would deny me before the Father!

Thats just plain gospel fact..Sister

Why?

Its the WHOLE Gospel my Dear Sister...Being saved does not allow us to walk in the flesh until we die, nor does it contradict YHWH when He said, that HE is not Mocked for whatsoever a man sows, that shall he also reap!

BE NOT WEARY IN WELL doing for in due season you shall REAP...IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF YOU faint NOT!!!

ENDURE TO THE END!...[emp. not shouting at you]

i love you and Betty {Sister Betty that is} and i want yall to see this..Not talking about the Sabbath, in which i previously stated i worship everyday and think everyone should worship everyday...But just "Remember" the Sabbath..any ways dont discount and count as void everything i say because we dont agree about things..check it out sister with a pure heart asking for grace to have a love of the truth..i do about all what yall post..

[hug]

--------------------

oneinchrist
Advanced Member
Member # 6532

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneinchrist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Carol,
You posted this answer in response to my post:

But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the Law

But we are still under law.......right?
The "law of Christ" (Galatians 6:2)

Posts: 1389 | From: Wind Lake, WI | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 17 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yasway,
quote:
Betty, i am not referring to BarryKind, i am referring to becauseHeLives post on unforgiveness and Caroles response as how forgiveness has something to do with being a law-keeper.
I didn't mean it that way. Of course we are forgiving, at least under most conditions. All we are taught to do in the Bible aren't just rules to obey, they are words of wisdom that enrich our lives and relationships.

I'm just opposed to adding ANYTHING to the cross of Christ for salvation.

Am I the only one who thinks that becauseHElives made Matthew 6:15 a condition for salvation?

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by yahsway:
Betty, i am not referring to BarryKind, i am referring to becauseHeLives post on unforgiveness and Caroles response as how forgiveness has something to do with being a law-keeper.

Yahsway. read between the lines and you will learn the intent.

Luv ya. [Wink]

NO POOP

Buy me air conditioned honda.(PI island jungle slang)

--------------------
That is all.....

yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

No one say you should not forgive. We have just had it up to our necks with Barry pushing his saved by the law and Sabbath worship on this board. He constantly talks down to people and then when asked a direct question that he can't answer he will ignore you or post "Enough said". He is the one who cannot back up his beliefs with Scripture.
betty

--------------------

yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
okay, i have read the post. Someone here needs to show me thru scripture where Forgiveness is keeping the law.

I know we are saved by grace of Yeshua, and He forgave us our trespasses and sins. So are we not also to forgive others or is this being a law-keeper to do so?

I must say that if Yeshua spoke it, i must believe it. Please, no man-made doctrine but scripture only. Thanks

Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe in Jesus Christ and accept His Word as true and reliable.

oneinchrist, either the Lord has saved you and sealed you with the Holy Spirit by grace through faith, or He has not saved you.

But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the Law.

The solution is not to pit our will against the flesh, but to surrender our will to the Holy Spirit. This verse literally means, “But if you are willingly led by the Spirit, then you are not under the Law.” The Holy Spirit writes God’s Law on our hearts (Heb. 10:14-17; see 2 Cor. 3) so that we desire to obey Him in love. “I delight to do Thy will, O my God: yea, Thy Law is within my heart” (Ps. 40:8). Being “‘led of the Spirit” and “walking in the Spirit” are the opposites of yielding to the desires of the flesh.

oneinchrist
Advanced Member
Member # 6532

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneinchrist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is there anyone here who thinks that we can ignore/neglect the warnings given by Jesus.......and still be eternally secure?

Please answer the question and state your case.

My personal declaration of faith: I believe in Jesus Christ and accept His Word as true and reliable.

Posts: 1389 | From: Wind Lake, WI | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 5 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Carol Swenson:
quote:
Originally posted by WildB:
quote:
I don't mean to sound arrogant; please forgive me.

But we cannot mix law and grace. Concerning salvation, it is either one or the other. If works then it is no more grace; if grace then it is no more works. (Romans 11:6)

The New Covenant is death to self vs the self-righteousness of the Old Covenant.

becauseHElives, do you believe that God deals with His people through covenants?

It sounds like he believes God deals with his people through conditions?

Yes, and he keeps changing the conditions. Last week it was repentance.

God gave us one condition for salvation, and that is to be born again of the Holy Spirit.

Our fellowship with God has conditions, our blessings in life have conditions, and our eternal rewards have conditions, but our salvation has only the one.

Regeneration, justification, adoption...all of the great and marvelous truths about our salvation seem to mean nothing to him. He still thinks it's all up to him to do what only God can do. Or what the Holy Spirit of Christ can do in him and through him.

Must think hes the Commanding Officer of the ship.

--------------------
That is all.....

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

Praise to our Father God and our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN

[clap2]

A spirit of unforgiveness can become a stronghold of demonic influence, and can cause a believer constant problems and grief and loss.

Bloodbought
Advanced Member
Member # 4365

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bloodbought     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
It's unclear who Bloodbought is addressing.

Forgive me.

I was addressing the subject of forgiveness among the Brethern.

Posts: 822 | From: Ireland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

quote:
This board is a Christian board so I believe it is proper to correct a brethren on this board. Correction should be said public so that we will know not to make the same mistakes. This is correction among the board members.
betty

I agree Betty, but it's unclear who Bloodbought is addressing.
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by WildB:
quote:

But we cannot mix law and grace. Concerning salvation, it is either one or the other. If works then it is no more grace; if grace then it is no more works. (Romans 11:6)

The New Covenant is death to self vs the self-righteousness of the Old Covenant.

becauseHElives, do you believe that God deals with His people through covenants?

Yes, and he keeps changing the conditions. Last week it was repentance.

God gave us one condition for salvation, and that is to be born again of the Holy Spirit.

Our fellowship with God has conditions, our blessings in life have conditions, and our eternal rewards have conditions, but our salvation has only the one.

Regeneration, justification, adoption...all of the great and marvelous truths about our salvation seem to mean nothing to him. He still thinks it's all up to him to do what only God can do.

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

This board is a Christian board so I believe it is proper to correct a brethren on this board. Correction should be said public so that we will know not to make the same mistakes. This is correction among the board members.
betty

--------------------

Bloodbought
Advanced Member
Member # 4365

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bloodbought     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Carol , it is so sad when people try to explain away what is plainly stated in scripture....

But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses Matthew 6:15......

the author and finisher of salvation made that declarative statement, it take someone truly arrogant to say He did not mean what He clearly stated!

If a Brother has a matter against another Brother and takes him to law before the unsaved, instead of settling the matter among believers and be defrauded if necessary, God will set the stage for pay back day. He will discipline a believer who is at fault.

1 Corinthians 6
1 Dare any of you, having a matter against another, go to law before the unjust, and not before the saints? 2 Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters? 3 Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life? 4 If then ye have judgments of things pertaining to this life, set them to judge who are least esteemed in the church. 5 I speak to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you? no, not one that shall be able to judge between his brethren? 6 But brother goeth to law with brother, and that before the unbelievers. 7 Now therefore there is utterly a fault among you, because ye go to law one with another. Why do ye not rather take wrong? why do ye not rather suffer yourselves to be defrauded? 8 Nay, ye do wrong, and defraud, and that your brethren. 9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, 10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.
12 All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any. 13 Meats for the belly, and the belly for meats: but God shall destroy both it and them. Now the body is not for fornication, but for the Lord; and the Lord for the body. 14 And God hath both raised up the Lord, and will also raise up us by his own power. 15 Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? shall I then take the members of Christ, and make them the members of an harlot? God forbid. 16 What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh. 17 But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit. 18 Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body. 19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? 20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s.

Posts: 822 | From: Ireland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 17 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Material Conditions

Material Conditions (NWP 3-20.31) establish the fighting integrity of the ship and maintain its survivability. The determination of the material condition set at any time is the responsibility of the Commanding Officer, who may authorize modifications of any material condition.

X-Ray provides the least tightness and the greatest ease of access throughout the ship. It is set when the threat to the ship is minimal, during working hours when in port, or when there is no danger of attack or bad weather.
Yoke is set when at sea, or in port during wartime.

Zebra provides the greatest degree of subdivision and tightness to the ship. It is set immediately and automatically when general quarters is sounded. It is also set when entering or leaving port during wartime, to localize damage and control fire and flooding, or at any time the Commanding Officer deems it necessary. Modified Material Condition ZEBRA - allows movement around the ship for special conditions such as: Underway Replenishment (UNREP); Vertical Replenishment (VERTREP); Air Operations; Amphibious Operations; transit of known or suspected hazardous navigation areas.

One of the most important features of ship survivability is the ability to configure the ship to simultaneously allow the survivability system to function and the ship to be operated. Standard configurations representing varying degrees of closure and known as "material conditions" set the ship according to the degree of threat to the ship and the current operational directives. All fittings in the ship are marked to indicate how they are to be set during various material conditions. The determination of the material condition set at any time is the responsibility of the CO, who may authorize modification of any material condition. Closures are defined as closable openings in overheads, decks and bulkheads for access by personnel. Fittings are covers, valves, caps and plugs for access other than for personnel and for control of fluid flow. They may be on or in piping and ventilation systems, or in overheads, decks and bulkheads. For brevity, where context allows, the term fitting is used to include the meaning of both fitting and closure, and the term compartmentation is used to include both structural and fluid system segregation.

Condition XRAY provides the least watertight integrity and the greatest ease of access throughout the ship. It is set when the threat to the ship is minimal. Condition XRAY is set during working hours when the ship is in port and there is no danger of attack or from weather. The minimum degree of tightness permitted on an operational ship is condition XRAY. When condition XRAY is set, all fittings marked with a black X are closed.

Condition YOKE provides a greater degree of watertight integrity than condition XRAY, but to a lesser degree than the maximum condition. YOKE is normally set at sea and in port during wartime. When Condition Yoke is set, all fittings marked with black Xs and Ys, Circle X and Circle Y are closed. A modified condition YOKE is sometimes used at sea when cruising independently in good weather and calm seas and in port in peacetime. In the modified condition, YOKE fittings above the waterline are left open to improve ventilation and habitability. All other XRAY and YOKE fittings are closed.

Condition ZEBRA provides the greatest degree of subdivision and water-tight integrity to the ship. It is the maximum state of readiness for the ship's survivability system. Condition ZEBRA is set: Immediately and automatically when general quarters is sounded; When entering or leaving port in wartime; To localize damage and control fire and flooding when the crew is not at general quarters; and At any time the CO deems the maximum condition of survivability should be set. When condition ZEBRA is set, all fittings marked with black Xs and Ys, Circle X, Circle Y, Circle Z, red Zs and DOG Zs are closed.

There may arise certain situations during which the CO may wish to set a modified material condition ZEBRA. Setting of modified material condition ZEBRA will give a higher survivability stance than condition YOKE. At the same time, modified ZEBRA is less restrictive and will more readily allow the accomplishment of certain operational requirements. Modified ZEBRA may result as an upgrade from condition YOKE or as a downgrade from condition ZEBRA. Some of the situations that may make a modified material condition ZEBRA desirable are: Underway replenishment; Vertical replenishment; Air operations; Amphibious operations; or Transit of known or suspected hazardous navigation areas.

On larger ships, setting material condition ZEBRA in part or in total without all hands at general quarters will impede the ship's company from quickly manning battle stations. This situation could result in ZEBRA being set slower than had the ship been at material condition YOKE before the emergency. Large ships should therefore consider this when changing material condition.

Some fittings that are required to be open or closed for specific purposes carry special markings. Circle XRAY and YOKE fittings are access fittings to battle stations and compartments containing equipment that requires periodic checks or fittings that must be opened for ammunition transfer, as well as some systems. Circle XRAY and YOKE fittings are normally closed when conditions XRAY or YOKE are set. They may be opened without special authority when going to or securing from general quarters, transferring ammunition, periodic space or equipment checks or operating damage control equipment. Circle XRAY and YOKE fittings are marked with a black X or Y in a black circle.

Circle ZEBRA fittings are closed when condition ZEBRA is set. They may be opened with the permission of the CO during extended periods of general quarters for the preparation and distribution of battle messing, to provide access to limited sanitary facilities, to ventilate battle stations, to transit from squadron ready rooms to the flight deck and to allow limited access throughout the ship. Open Circle ZEBRA fittings must be guarded so they can be closed immediately. Circle ZEBRA fittings are marked with a red Z in a red circle.

DOG ZEBRA fittings are secured when condition ZEBRA is set and whenever the ship is darkened, regardless of the material condition that is set. During Darken Ship they are closed to prevent light inside the ship from showing outside. DOG ZEBRA fittings are marked with a red Z in a black D.

WILLIAM fittings are vital sea suctions, CPS zone ventilation fittings valves (serving vital equipment in manned spaces) and valves that must be open to maintain mobility and fire protection. WILLIAM fittings are open during all material conditions. They are secured only to control damage, contamination or to repair equipment served. WILLIAM fittings are marked with a black W.

Circle WILLIAM fittings, like WILLIAM fittings, are normally open, but are secured for protection in attack. Circle WILLIAM fittings are marked with a black W in a black circle.

--------------------
That is all.....

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

But we cannot mix law and grace. Concerning salvation, it is either one or the other. "And if by grace, then [is it] no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if [it be] of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work." (Romans 11:6 KJV)

Grace is a gift from God. It was paid for by Christ on the cross.

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Carol , it is so sad when people try to explain away what is plainly stated in scripture....

But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses Matthew 6:15......

the author and finisher of salvation made that declarative statement, it take someone truly arrogant to say He did not mean what He clearly stated!

--------------------

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

becauseHElives, you are still mixing law with grace. You are confusing salvation with blessings. Salvation is a miracle based on the righteousness of Christ our Savior; we could never, ever be good enough to earn it.

Matthew 6:14-15

We must pray, having a forgiving spirit toward others.

In this “appendix” to the prayer, Jesus expanded the last phrase of Matthew 6:12, “as we forgive our debtors.” He later repeated this lesson to His disciples (Mark 11:19-26). He was not teaching that believers earned God’s forgiveness by forgiving others; for this would be contrary to God’s free grace and mercy. However, if we have truly experienced God’s forgiveness, then we will have a readiness to forgive others (Eph. 4:32; Col. 3:13). Our Lord illustrated this principle in the Parable of the Unmerciful Servant (Matt. 18:21-35).

We have seen that true praying is a “family affair” (“Our Father”). If the members of the family are not getting along with one another, how can they claim to have a right relationship with the Father? The emphasis in 1 John 4 is that we show our love for God by loving our brothers. When we forgive each other, we are not earning the right to prayer; for the privilege of prayer is a part of our sonship (Rom. 8:15-16). Forgiveness belongs to the matter of fellowship: If I am not in fellowship with God, I cannot pray effectively. But fellowship with my brother helps to determine my fellowship with God; hence, forgiveness is important to prayer.

Since prayer involves glorifying God’s name, hastening the coming of God’s kingdom (2 Peter 3:12), and helping to accomplish God’s will on earth, the one praying must not have sin in his heart. If God answered the prayers of a believer who had an unforgiving spirit, He would dishonor His own name. How could God work through such a person to get His will done on earth? If God gave him his requests, He would be encouraging sin! The important thing about prayer is not simply getting an answer, but being the kind of person whom God can trust with an answer.

(Wiersbe)

=====================================================

This was spoken on the Sabbath in a synagogue when Paul was invited to speak to the Jews at Antioch:

Acts 13:38 - 41 (NASB)

“Therefore let it be known to you, brethren, that through Him forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you, and through Him everyone who believes is freed from all things, from which you could not be freed through the Law of Moses. “Therefore take heed, so that the thing spoken of in the Prophets may not come upon you:

41 ‘BEHOLD, YOU SCOFFERS, AND MARVEL, AND PERISH;
FOR I AM ACCOMPLISHING A WORK IN YOUR DAYS,
A WORK WHICH YOU WILL NEVER BELIEVE,
THOUGH SOMEONE SHOULD DESCRIBE IT TO YOU.’”

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

you can not have Eternal Life if your are unforgiven!

The Unforgiving Official
or The Unmerciful Servant
Scripture: Matthew 18:21-19:1

18:21 Then Peter came up and said to him, "Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? As many as seven times?" 22 Jesus said to him, "I do not say to you seven times, but seventy times seven.23 "Therefore the kingdom of heaven may be compared to a king who wished to settle accounts with his servants. 24 When he began the reckoning, one was brought to him who owed him ten thousand talents; 25 and as he could not pay, his lord ordered him to be sold, with his wife and children and all that he had, and payment to be made. 26 So the servant fell on his knees, imploring him, `Lord, have patience with me, and I will pay you everything.' 27 And out of pity for him the lord of that servant released him and forgave him the debt. 28 But that same servant, as he went out, came upon one of his fellow servants who owed him a hundred denarii; and seizing him by the throat he said, `Pay what you owe.' 29 So his fellow servant fell down and besought him, `Have patience with me, and I will pay you.' 30 He refused and went and put him in prison till he should pay the debt. 31 When his fellow servants saw what had taken place, they were greatly distressed, and they went and reported to their lord all that had taken place. 32 Then his lord summoned him and said to him, `You wicked servant! I forgave you all that debt because you besought me; 33 and should not you have had mercy on your fellow servant, as I had mercy on you?' 34 And in anger his lord delivered him to the jailers, till he should pay all his debt. 35 So also my heavenly Father will do to every one of you, if you do not forgive your brother from your heart." 19:1 Now when Jesus had finished these sayings, he went away from Galilee and entered the region of Judea beyond the Jordan.

Meditation: How does mercy and justice go together? The prophet Amos speaks of God forgiving transgression three times, but warns that God may not revoke punishment for the fourth (see Amos 1:3-13; 2:1-6). When Peter posed the question of forgiveness, he characteristically offered an answer he thought Jesus would be pleased with. Why not forgive seven times! How unthinkable for Jesus to counter with the proposition that one must forgive seventy times that. Jesus made it clear that there is no reckonable limit to forgiveness. And he drove the lesson home with a parable about two very different kinds of debts. The first man owed an enormous sum of money -- millions in our currency. In Jesus' time this amount was greater than the total revenue of a province -- more than it would cost to ransom a king! The man who was forgiven such an incredible debt could not, however bring himself to forgive his neighbor a very small debt which was about one-hundred-thousandth of his own debt. The contrast could not have been greater! No offence our neighbor can do to us can compare with our debt to God! We have been forgiven a debt which is beyond all paying; to ransom our debt of sin God gave up his only begotten Son. If God has forgiven each of us our debt, which was very great, we, too must forgive others the debt they owe us. Jesus teaches that one must forgive in order to be forgiven. If we do not forgive our fellow man we cannot expect God to forgive us. James says that judgment is without mercy to one who has shown no mercy (James 2:13). Mercy is truly a gift and it is offered in such a way that justice is not negated. Mercy "seasons" justice as "salt" seasons meat and gives it flavor. Mercy follows justice and pefects it. To pardon the unrepentant is not mercy but license. C.S. Lewis, a contemporary Christian author wrote: "Mercy will flower only when it grows in the crannies of the rock of Justice: transplanted to the marshlands of mere Humanitarianism, it becomes a man-eating weed, all the more dangerous because it is still called by the same name as the mountain variety." If we want mercy shown to us we must be ready to forgive others as God has forgiven us. Do you hold any grudge or resentment towards anyone?

"Lord, you have been kind and forgiving towards me. May I be merciful as you are merciful. Free me from all bitterness and resentment that I may truly forgive from the heart all who may have caused me injury or grief."

--------------------

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 17 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It reads like something about unforgiveness?

--------------------
That is all.....

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

this has 2 do with Eternal Security ....

The Unforgiving Official

18:21 Then Peter came up and said to him, "Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? As many as seven times?" 22 Jesus said to him, "I do not say to you seven times, but seventy times seven.23 "Therefore the kingdom of heaven may be compared to a king who wished to settle accounts with his servants. 24 When he began the reckoning, one was brought to him who owed him ten thousand talents; 25 and as he could not pay, his lord ordered him to be sold, with his wife and children and all that he had, and payment to be made. 26 So the servant fell on his knees, imploring him, `Lord, have patience with me, and I will pay you everything.' 27 And out of pity for him the lord of that servant released him and forgave him the debt. 28 But that same servant, as he went out, came upon one of his fellow servants who owed him a hundred denarii; and seizing him by the throat he said, `Pay what you owe.' 29 So his fellow servant fell down and besought him, `Have patience with me, and I will pay you.' 30 He refused and went and put him in prison till he should pay the debt. 31 When his fellow servants saw what had taken place, they were greatly distressed, and they went and reported to their lord all that had taken place. 32 Then his lord summoned him and said to him, `You wicked servant! I forgave you all that debt because you besought me; 33 and should not you have had mercy on your fellow servant, as I had mercy on you?' 34 And in anger his lord delivered him to the jailers, till he should pay all his debt. 35 So also my heavenly Father will do to every one of you, if you do not forgive your brother from your heart." 19:1 Now when Jesus had finished these sayings, he went away from Galilee and entered the region of Judea beyond the Jordan.

Meditation: How does mercy and justice go together? The prophet Amos speaks of God forgiving transgression three times, but warns that God may not revoke punishment for the fourth (see Amos 1:3-13; 2:1-6). When Peter posed the question of forgiveness, he characteristically offered an answer he thought Jesus would be pleased with. Why not forgive seven times! How unthinkable for Jesus to counter with the proposition that one must forgive seventy times that. Jesus made it clear that there is no reckonable limit to forgiveness. And he drove the lesson home with a parable about two very different kinds of debts. The first man owed an enormous sum of money -- millions in our currency. In Jesus' time this amount was greater than the total revenue of a province -- more than it would cost to ransom a king! The man who was forgiven such an incredible debt could not, however bring himself to forgive his neighbor a very small debt which was about one-hundred-thousandth of his own debt. The contrast could not have been greater! No offence our neighbor can do to us can compare with our debt to God! We have been forgiven a debt which is beyond all paying; to ransom our debt of sin God gave up his only begotten Son. If God has forgiven each of us our debt, which was very great, we, too must forgive others the debt they owe us. Jesus teaches that one must forgive in order to be forgiven. If we do not forgive our fellow man we cannot expect God to forgive us. James says that judgment is without mercy to one who has shown no mercy (James 2:13). Mercy is truly a gift and it is offered in such a way that justice is not negated. Mercy "seasons" justice as "salt" seasons meat and gives it flavor. Mercy follows justice and pefects it. To pardon the unrepentant is not mercy but license. C.S. Lewis, a contemporary Christian author wrote: "Mercy will flower only when it grows in the crannies of the rock of Justice: transplanted to the marshlands of mere Humanitarianism, it becomes a man-eating weed, all the more dangerous because it is still called by the same name as the mountain variety." If we want mercy shown to us we must be ready to forgive others as God has forgiven us. Do you hold any grudge or resentment towards anyone?

--------------------

WildB
Member # 2917

quote:

The Unforgiving Official

and this has 2 do with what?

--------------------
That is all.....

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

The Unforgiving Official

--------------------

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement