Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » Women the gifts G-d gave to them, A list of powerful verses and scripture G-d gave to

Author Topic: Women the gifts G-d gave to them, A list of powerful verses and scripture G-d gave to
arikel88
Advanced Member
Member # 16255

Icon 1 posted      Profile for arikel88     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
found this what do you think ?

Joel 2:28 And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:
Joel 2:29 And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.

Act 2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
Act 2:18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:

Micah 6:4 Miriam was one third of Israels leadership team

Judges 4-5 Deborah was used of God as a chief prophet and judge over Israel for four decades

Joshua 2; Matthew 1:5 God used a prostitute in Jericho Rahab and grafted her into the lineage of Christ.

Matthew 1:5 God redeemed a foreign widow named Ruth and birthed King David through her offspring

The book of Esther God made Esther a queen just in time to save all of Israel

2 Chronicles 34:21-33 God used Huldah the prophetess to instruct the king

It was Greek philosophers like Socrates, Plato, Aristotle and Hesiod that infiltrated Jewish religious tradition and culture perspective on women as the Rabbis didn't get their ideas about women from God, but from these Greek philosophers.

Homer portrayed women as objects, war prizes, pawns and possessions, "the cause of all conflict and suffering in the world. Hammurabi discusses the legal rights of women in terms of chattel, similar to slaves. Hesiod claimed that woman was created as man's eternal curse. These Hellenized thinkers had a rather low opinion of women and because of them every major western society has marginalized women since. Scripture on the other hand, as I have shown here in a few scriptures and Paul adds many more in the NT like Priscilla (Acts 18:26); Euodia and Syntyche (Philippians 4:2-3); Junia (Romans 16:7); that women are just as important as men are in God's ministry.

Genesis 1:28 God gave both the man and the woman to rule over His creation. Genesis 2:20-24 shows how God created woman from the rib of Adam and places her in the garden as his equal as she is called his helper as she is bone of my bone and flesh of my flesh.

Posts: 37 | From: mexico | Registered: Sep 2021  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
arikel88
Advanced Member
Member # 16255

Icon 1 posted      Profile for arikel88     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What are gifts G-d gave to the women.

1. Gift the one of birth, the power of creation man does not have it only women have it. A gift only women have and authority it is never meant to have pains and suffer to give birth. But original before the devil interfered we were never meant to suffer.

2. G-d said he will give powers of visions and dreams. There women prophets like deborah and Huldah.

this is just A start so tell me what gifts or powers G-d gives woman ;D.

I was reading this from somewhere else tell what you think ?

1. Prominence of Women:

Under the Hebrew system the position of woman was in marked contrast with her status in surrounding heathen nations. Her liberties were greater, her employments more varied and important, her social standing more respectful and commanding. The divine law given on Sinai (Exodus 20:12) required children to honor the mother equally with the father. A similar esteem was accorded her in patriarchal times.

Sarah held a position of favor and authority in Abraham's household. Rebekah was not less influential than Isaac, and was evidently the stronger personality. The "beautiful" Rachel (Genesis 29:17) won from Jacob a love that accepted her as an equal in the companionship and counsels of family life. Many Hebrew women rose to eminence and national leadership. Miriam and Deborah were each a prophetess and a poetess. The former led bands of women in triumphant song and procession, celebrating the overthrow of enemies (Exodus 15:20); the latter, through her dominating personality and prophetic power, became the virtual judge of the nation and led armies to victory.

Her military general, Barak, refused to advance against Sisera without her presence and commanding influence (Judges 4:8). Her ode of victory indicates the intellectual endowment and culture of her gender in that unsettled and formative era (Judges 5). No person in Israel surpassed Hannah, the mother of Samuel, in intelligence, beauty and fervor of religious devotion. Her spiritual exaltation and poetic gift found expression in one of the choicest specimens of early Hebrew lyric poetry (1 Samuel 2:1-10). Other women eminent as prophetesses were: Huldah, whose counsel was sought by high priest and king (2 Chronicles 34:22; compare 2 Kings 22:14); Noadiah (Nehemiah 6:14); Anna (Luke 2:36).

The power to which woman could attain in Israel is illustrated in the career of the wicked, merciless, murderous, idolatrous Jezebel, self-styled prophetess (Revelation 2:20). Evidence of woman's eminence in the kingdoms of Judah and Israel is seen in the influence she exercised as queen mother (1 Kings 15:13) and queen (2 Kings 8:18); in the beautiful honor shown by King Solomon to his mother, Bath-sheba (1 Kings 2:19); in the filial devotion of the prophet Elisha (1 Kings 19:20); in the constant mention of the mother's name in the biographies of successive kings, making it evident that she was considered the important and determining factor in the life of her royal sons.

Her teaching and authority were sufficiently eminent to find recognition in the proverbs of the nation: "the law of thy mother" (Proverbs 1:8; Proverbs 6:20) was not to be forsaken, while contempt for the same merited the curse of God (Proverbs 19:26; Proverbs 20:20; Proverbs 30:11, 17).

Posts: 37 | From: mexico | Registered: Sep 2021  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement