Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » Blessings (Page 24)

This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  ...  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28 

Author Topic: Blessings
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
January 7, 2020
Happy Tuesday

Perfect

There are so many Scriptures talking about Christians achieving perfection. These always bother me, because I know I will never be perfect. Today I heard Pastor Adrain Rodgers, on the radio, talking about a definition of perfect that I had never heard of.

Definition of perfect (Entry 2 of 3)
transitive verb: to bring to final form

God is not calling us to be perfect but to grow and mature in Him. We are not surprised when we see a two-year-old throw themselves on the floor in a temper fit. Yet, if a teenager did so, we would be shocked. We expect a different level of maturity of a teenager over a two-year-old. Just as God expects different behavior from a Christian of 20 years from a Christian of a year. How sad it must be when God sees a child of His that should be more mature in their faith acting like a babe in Christ.

I have talked about before how some Christians are content to live their whole Christian life as a babe in Christ. Just as there are pains in physical growth, there are also pains in Spiritual growth. When we choose to stay a babe in Christ, we are cheating ourselves of a more mature relationship with God. We are also cheating ourselves out of spiritual rewards on earth and in Heaven.

Matthew 5:48 King James Version (KJV)48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Luke 8:14 King James Version (KJV)14 And that which fell among thorns are they, which, when they have heard, go forth, and are choked with cares and riches and pleasures of this life, and bring no fruit to perfection.

John 17:23 King James Version (KJV)
23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

2 Corinthians 13:11 King James Version (KJV)11 Finally, brethren, farewell. Be perfect, be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace; and the God of love and peace shall be with you.

Ephesians 4:12 King James Version (KJV)
12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

Brothers and sisters in the Lord, let us begin each day praying that we will grow spiritually and grow mature in the Lord Jesus. Not so that we can be prideful but that God can use us more for His Kingdom.
Betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
January 6, 2020
Happy Monday

Past, Future, and Present

The Past

The past can be an encouragement. When things are bad, we can remember the many times God gave us victory over our trials. Our past can be a reminder that we lived through bad times. Unfortunately, the devil can also use our past to torture us in the present. He likes to remind us of our failures and sins. This is when we remind the devil that God has forgiven our sins. We gleam the past for encouragement and leave our forgiven sin, where it belongs in the past.

The Future

Our future in Heaven is a great way to encourage ourselves in the present. We must remember that we cannot live in the future. We encourage ourselves knowing that one day we will be in Heaven, but we must live in the present.

The Present

This is the era of time that we live for God. It is too late to work in the past and the future is beyond us. Today is the time to strive to grow spiritually. This is the time that we press onward towards our rewards in Heaven. If we have not received redemption from our sins, now is the time to repent of our sins and turn our and walk in the redemption power of the Lord Jesus.

2 Corinthians 6:2 New Living Translation (NLT)
2 For God says,
“At just the right time, I heard you.
    On the day of salvation, I helped you.”[a]
Indeed, the “right time” is now. Today is the day of salvation.

Betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 5, 2020
Blessed Sunday

Discernment

Discernment is a tool Christians need more than ever. The Bible says in the last days many people do not want to hear the truth. I read yesterday that the Methodist Church is close to a split over the issue of gay marriage. To the world, this may seem trivial, but it is not so with God. Who gives mankind the right to change the Word of God? Is it a kindness to give sinners a false hope of Heaven? Under the heading of tolerance, sin is being accepted in Churches and by Pastors who should know the truth of the Gospel.

2 Timothy 3 King James Version (KJV)
3 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

As a woman, it is hard to read ’silly’ women. Yet when I remember the crude and vulgar costumes women were wearing last year as they protested for the right to kill unborn babies, all I can say is ”God help us!” Christians are being encouraged to keep quiet about sin, to avoid offending anyone. How can we stand up for truth in times of persecution when we allow hurting people’s feelings make us keep quiet about the truth?

1 Corinthians 2:14 King James Version (KJV)
14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Those who choose to deny the truth of the Gospel will not receive the truth of God. When Christians choose to walk in darkness and deny the truth of the Bible, God will allow them to choose to be backsliders instead of obedient children. God help, those who by choice deny the truth of the Gospel in order to be accepted by the world. The world did not accept Christ and they killed Him because they were offended by His teaching. Yet we seem surprised when the world hates Christians for believing in the truth of the Bible.

2 Timothy 4 King James Version (KJV)
4 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;
2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.
3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

This last weak a person on the news said that Christians were led to believe in fairy tales because we were taught the story of Noah was true. Sadly, it is people who have rejected the truth of the Bible for the lies of mankind, who are believing in fairy tales.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 4, 2019
Happy Saturday,

Seeking God’s Will

As a Christian, we should yearn to walk in the will of God. How do we walk in the will of God? We know God would never lead us into sin. Only the devil will lead us into anything that is against the Word of God.

We seek God in prayer. We pray for God to guide us each day. We can go through tough times and still be in God’s Will. Sometimes God uses things we see as bad to help us grow spiritually. By faith, we continue to trust God even when things are hard for us.

We are days in to a new year. Let us be determined to walk in God’s will. Even through hard times, we can be at peace, knowing God will never abandon us.
As we are faithful to God our faith will grow. Whatever happens this year, we can press onward, knowing Heaven awaits us.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 3, 2019
Happy Friday,

”How Can I Be Sure”
There was a love song named ”how can I be sure” that was popular in the late ’60s. The song questions the love of a girl. A Christian can be assured of many things when it comes to God. His love for us is secure and does not change. God’s promise to never leave or forsake us true.

The love between a man and a woman is not always true. Friends choose to leave us behind but we can always count on God. God will never forsake His children.

John 14:18 King James Version (KJV)18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

Let us choose to be faithful and true to God. We want Him to be able to count on our love for Him. Make it one of our New Year’s resolutions this year, that we choose to faithful and steady with our faith in Christ.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 2, 2020
Happy Thursday,

Looking forward to walking with God through this new year. Lay aside your fear and pray for faith and courage to walk the path that God puts you on. With the world turning against Christianity this year we will have trials and persecution. Yet we can be assured that God will walk each step with us.

Pray that God will surround us with His protection and with His Angels surrounding us in the coming days and months. The more we trust God, the stronger our faith will grow. When we seek the face of God, He will fill our hearts and minds with His perfect peace.

1 John 4:18 King James Version (KJV)
18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

Luke 1:74 King James Version (KJV)
74 That he would grant unto us, that we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve him without fear,

John 14:27 King James Version (KJV)
27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 1, 2020
Happy New Year

New Beginnings

Today, we begin a New Year. Along with our New Resolutions to strive to have a Healthier body, let us strive to make other changes. We should work to have a better attitude. How many arguments are started because we enter a conversation with a bad attitude? Let us pray that God will give us a sweeter and kinder attitude towards others.

Pray that God will remove all anger and bitterness from our hearts so God’s love can shine through us to others. We never want to be the cause of someone turning away from their faith in Christ. Instead let others see the love of God in our words and actions.
Betty

Matthew 5:13 King James Version (KJV)
13 Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 31, 2019
Happy Tuesday,

New Year's Eve

Tonight people will be gathered together to say goodbye to 2019 and hello to 2020. At this point in many ways, 2020 is a blank slate. It is common for people to make New Year’s resolutions. The plan is to do better. To get rid of bad habits and make better habits. Change is hard and many find their New Year’s resolutions broken and laid aside by March.

Christians also promise to do better in the New Year. To read the Bible more and pray more. These promises are not often kept, either. The issue may be our motives behind our promises. Are we wanting to read the Bible more because we think the is what good Christians do? Are do we want to read the Bible more so we can know more about God? Do we want to pray more so we can strengthen our spiritual relationship with God?

Our motivations play a big role in how successful we will be. Before we make our resolutions let us examine our hearts and look to see what our heart’s desire is. Pray that God will examine our hearts and move us to make the changes He wants us to do.

It is better to read one chapter a day of the Bible and meditate on that chapter, then to rush through five chapters a day. A sincere pray from our heart is better than many words that are not heartfelt. We can grow more steady in the Lord when we acknowledge how marvelous is the God we serve and have a heart that longs to have a better relationship with our God and King.
Betty

Psalm 139:23-24 King James Version (KJV)
23 Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:
24 And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 30, 2019
Happy Monday

March On!

Hosea 6:3 Living Bible (TLB)
3 Oh, that we might know the Lord! Let us press on to know him, and he will respond to us as surely as the coming of dawn or the rain of early spring.’”

As we look toward 2020, we also reflect on 2019. Let us get real here, everything that happened in 2019 was not pleasant. Things happened in the world that was shocking. Things happened in our personal lives that were not pleasant and some quite hurtful.

With the bad memories of 2019, it is tempting to want to hide under a pillow to escape 2020. It is realistic to analyze that there will be bad things in 2020. The world will become more evil and the war against Christianity will increase. It is tempting to dread the new year. Yet the same God who walked with us throughout 2019, will walk us through the coming year.

”NBC Host Chuck Todd Trashes Christians: They’re “Trained to Believe Fairy Tales” Like Noah’s Ark”

This hate the world has against Christians will increase in 2020. Count on it!
Knowing this we must be spiritually prepared for the battles ahead. Cotton candy sermons are not preparing Christians for the battle to come.

John 15:18 King James Version (KJV)
18 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.

Pray for God to fill us with His Holy Spirit so that we will be able to stand firm in our faith in Jesus Christ. Only our faith in God will carry us forward into the New Year without fear.

Romans 1:17 King James Version (KJV)
17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Romans 5:1 King James Version (KJV)
5 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

Romans 10:17 King James Version (KJV)
17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Walk not in fear but walk the straight and narrow with the grace and peace of God. Even death can not separate us from the love of God.

Philippians 1:21 King James Version (KJV)
21 For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.

We have come to far in our Christian journey to abandon our faith in Christ. The world has nothing of value for us. Press on towards Heaven, unashamed of your relationship with Christ. Let the world call us ignorant but on the day of judgment, they will realize that their so-called intelligence has led them to an eternity in hell.
Betty

Philippians 3:13-15 King James Version (KJV)
13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
15 Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 29, 2019
Blessed Sunday,

Turning the Page

A new year is coming and a new beginning to our lives. Sounds great! The reality is that we will be bringing baggage into the year. Grief does not stop because the calender marks a new year. The same illnesses and diseases we had in 2019 will carry on into 2020.

Things we can change are our attitude. We can seek God to help us through our grieving stage. We can realize what we cannot change and seek God to help us serve Him, in spite of our suffering. We can pray for God-given hope that will sustain us through the coming year. We can choose to seek the face of God each day to help us navigate the unchartered days ahead. We can lay our fears at the feet of Jesus, choosing to trust Him, instead.
Betty

HYMN
My Faith Looks Up To Thee Lyrics

My faith looks up to thee,
thou Lamb of Calvary,
Savior divine!
Now hear me while I pray,
take all my guilt away,
O let me from this day
be wholly thine!

May thy rich grace impart
strength to my fainting heart,
my zeal inspire!
As thou hast died for me,
O may my love to thee
pure, warm, and changeless be,
a living fire!

While life's dark maze I tread,
and griefs around me spread,
be thou my guide;
bid darkness turn to day,
wipe sorrow's tears away,
nor let me ever stray
from thee aside.

When ends life's transient dream,
when death's cold, sullen stream
shall o'er me roll;
blest Savior, then in love,
fear and distrust remove;
O bear me safe above,
a ransomed soul!

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 28, 2019
Happy Saturday,

Control

Things happen to us that we have no control of. Death, accidents, financial issues, and health issues can knock us off track. Some issues are temporary and other issues affect the rest of our lives. Those issues that seem to take the most control of our lives away from us are the hardest to deal with. How we deal with these issues and our personal reaction is the most important aspect of the results.

Anger is a normal reaction to loss of self control. How we choose how to channel this anger determines our mental and emotional health. It is tempting to be angry at God. After all whatever happens to us, is allowed by God. It is normal to question why God is allowing us to suffer. It is how we question, is the rub.

If we are not careful, bitterness can grow in our hearts. Our bitterness can cloud us to the truth, that only God can sustain us through personal loss. Bitterness can keep us from reaching out to God in our greatest time of need. If we go to God’s Holy Word, we find that God often uses personal loss to promote spiritual growth in His children.

When we pray to become closer to God, we open ourselves up to God’s will in our lives. When we let go of our bitterness and open our hearts to trust God, then we open ourselves up to allow spiritual growth in our souls. Any loss we experience in this life will bring huge returns in Heaven. Let us pray for God to give us grace and peace to sustain us as we travel through the deserts of our lives journeys.
Betty

I eneed to clarify something. Incurable diseases on earth will be cured in Heaven. We will no longer suffer when entering Heaven.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 27, 2019
Happy Friday,

God Uses The Weakness of His Children

2 Corinthians 12:9 King James Version (KJV)9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

As humans, we look upon our weakness as a liability and it can be. If we try to live in this world without leaning on our Savior, our weakness, both spiritual and physical can be a hindrance. Often when we are weak from bad health, the devil will attack us. He knows we are more vulnerable when we are physically sick.

Times of grief also make us vulnerable to spiritual attacks. Like a dog hiding in a corner, licking his wounds, grief can cause us to isolate ourselves; from people and God. When we make a point to talk to God about our grief, He will comfort us and sustain us, as our broken hearts heal.

In our weakness, God can work through us, if we are willing to take our cares over to God. Completely trusting in God, opens our hearts so that God can work in us and through us. Trusting completely in God means we must stop trying to fix ourselves but to cry out to God for help.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 26, 2019
Happy Thursday,

Gift Returns

Today, malls and stores will be filled with people returning gifts they received. There are many reasons for gift returns: items do not fit, you got more then one, or you dislike your gift. One gift we should treasure in our hearts and that is the gift of salvation.

Sadly, so many refuse the gift of salvation. They under estimate the value of salvation. They allow self-pride to convince themselves that they do not need salvation. Unfortunately, by the time they realize their need for salvation it will too late.

Not only does our gift of salvation provides us a ticket to Heaven, but there is also good value in the gift throughout our lives. God walks with us every day. He provides comfort for the grieving. He provides strength for the weak. He provides us grace so that we can face another day.

We walk in hope, knowing God will be with us always and when we take our last breath, He will welcome us into Heaven. There will be times that the path we walk is covered with rocks and stones. Just getting through each day is a struggle. It may seem like God has left us but the Bible assures us that God will never leave us not forsake us.
Betty

Deuteronomy 31:8 New King James Version (NKJV)
8 And the Lord, He is the One who goes before you. He will be with you, He will not leave you nor forsake you; do not fear nor be dismayed.”

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 25, 2019
Merry Christmas,

Merry Christmas

Isaiah 9:6 King James Version (KJV)
6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Luke 1:26-56 King James Version (KJV)
26 And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth,
27 To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary.
28 And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.
29 And when she saw him, she was troubled at his saying, and cast in her mind what manner of salutation this should be.
30 And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.
31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name Jesus.
32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.
34 Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?
35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.
36 And, behold, thy cousin Elisabeth, she hath also conceived a son in her old age: and this is the sixth month with her, who was called barren.
37 For with God nothing shall be impossible.
38 And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word. And the angel departed from her.
39 And Mary arose in those days, and went into the hill country with haste, into a city of Juda;
40 And entered into the house of Zacharias, and saluted Elisabeth.
41 And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost:
42 And she spake out with a loud voice, and said, Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb.
43 And whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?
44 For, lo, as soon as the voice of thy salutation sounded in mine ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy.
45 And blessed is she that believed: for there shall be a performance of those things which were told her from the Lord.
46 And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord,
47 And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.
48 For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.
49 For he that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is his name.
50 And his mercy is on them that fear him from generation to generation.
51 He hath shewed strength with his arm; he hath scattered the proud in the imagination of their hearts.
52 He hath put down the mighty from their seats, and exalted them of low degree.
53 He hath filled the hungry with good things; and the rich he hath sent empty away.
54 He hath helped his servant Israel, in remembrance of his mercy;
55 As he spake to our fathers, to Abraham, and to his seed for ever.
56 And Mary abode with her about three months, and returned to her own house.

Merry Christmas to you and your family,

Betty and Ronnie

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 24, 2019
Christmas Eve, Tuesday,

A Purpose

Jesus left Heaven to come to earth for a purpose. He came to live among mankind, born as a baby to live and die for the redemption of mankind. His life was an example to us on how we should live. His death paid for the sins of mankind with His death on the cross. All those who are willing to accept forgiveness from their sins and live for God are redeemed by the precious blood of Jesus.

Before Jesus returned to Heaven, He gave the great commission for His children to follow.

Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,  teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you (Matthew 28:18-20).

The Pope recently said that true disciples do not attempt to share their faith with others. This is completely opposite of what Jesus said His children should do. We must not dismiss what the Pope said so quickly. This is just the beginning of what is to come. Soon Christians will be persecuted for sharing the Good News with others.

The Pope has devalued the death of Christ by saying we all serve the same God. If all religions lead to Heaven then Jesus’s death was in vain. Truth is only Jesus can save lost souls. There is only one way to Heaven. We celebrate the birth of Christ because His birth as a babe made way for His death on the cross to bring redemption to mankind.

John 14:6 New King James Version (NKJV)
6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

God has a purpose for our lives also. We are to be a shining light in a world of darkness to point the way to Jesus.
Merry Christmas,
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 23, 2019
Happy Monday,

Today would have been mom and dad’s Anniversary. We celebrate Anniversary of Birthdays, Marriage, first year on the job, etc. The best Anniversary of all was the day we were adopted into the family of God. Those of us who got saved as children we cannot remember the date, but we remember the experience. Even as children we knew salvation was an important decision. This decision would shape our entire lives and our eternity.

Too many put aside the decision for salvation too long. Their hearts go cold and hard and no longer do they hear the sweet call of the Holy Spirit in their hearts. Sadly when this happens their chance of salvation is gone for good. This said we should never stop praying for unsaved loved ones and friends. Only God knows the heart.

This is the season that men and women’s hearts are more open to God. Let us sincerely pray for lost souls. Let us be grateful for our salvation and the love of God that shines down upon us every day. This is the time not only to be grateful but to pray that God will examine our hearts and show us of hidden sins that need to forgiven. Also, let us pray that God will use us for His glory until the trumpet sounds.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 22, 2019
Blessed Sunday,

I saw a woman bent over with age walk into the Church. As she slowly made her way down the aisle, I heard a voice call out. To my astonishment a man was standing on the platform. His countenance was filled with love. The name He called I did not recognize, but as the lady walked towards Him, I knew the man had called her by name. As she made her way, I realize the man was Jesus.

When she caught up Jesus, He told her to take her backpack off and empty it. The backpack carried stones, each one with its own name. Guilt, anger, hurt, pain, hate and bitterness. Now I realized the woman was not elderly as I had assumed. Slowly the woman begins to recognize her new freedom.

Her face shined bright with her smile. No longer was her body bent over from her load. She began to dance exploring the new freedom her body had not felt in years. She praised God for her healing, but she went over and picked up her backpack and put back in anger and bitterness and turn to go. Jesus told her that she had to leave all the stones or taken them all.

You could see the struggle on her face. She had carried anger and bitterness so long. She was not prepared to let them go. She looked pleadingly to Jesus. Surely, He did not expect her to forgive the great wrong she had suffered. Jesus told her all or nothing. Slowly she filled the backpack and put it on her back.

Gone was her bright smile. As she made her way down the aisle again her body bent with the burden, that she refused to let go of. How often do we choose bondage over freedom-hate over forgiveness? Refusing to see the truth that bitterness eats us up alive.
Betty
I have seen a skit done with this subject years ago. This morning I was reminded of it.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 21, 2019
Happy Saturday,

Count The Cost

Luke 14:28-30 King James Version (KJV)
28 For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it?
29 Lest haply, after he hath laid the foundation, and is not able to finish it, all that behold it begin to mock him,
30 Saying, This man began to build, and was not able to finish.

Living for God can be costly. Some start out the race only to fall by the wayside. They wanted to go to Heaven but found for them, the cost was too high. Others wanted to straddle the fence. You can only straddle the fence for so long until life forces you to choose a side. Still, others wanted to be a child of God and still live on the wrong side of the fence.

Revelation 3:16 King James Version (KJV)16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

Lukewarm water neither warms the belly not does it cool the throat. It tastes nasty and provides no benefit. God will not tolerate those who want to walk with Him, only when it is beneficial to them. There is no such thing as a Saint/sinner. You must choose either to serve God, wholly or serve yourself.

This world is only a vote away from making true Christianity a crime. Churches that preach the Gospel will be shut down for lack of intolerance. Individuals who believe the Bible will be arrested for their intolerance of sin.
This is when Christians will be forced to choose a side.

There are many who consider themselves Christian Democrats, even though the Democratic Party platform is based on sin. You can not vote for abortion and gay marriage and still proclaim yourself a child of God. The time is coming when we will be forced to choose the side of God or mankind. Before you choose, carefully count the cost.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 20, 2019
Happy Friday,

Luke 12:32 King James Version (KJV)
32 Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.

Have you ever found yourself begging God to answer your prayer?
I do. Mostly it is begging God to let the rapture happen soon, with me. Jesus died on the cross to save us and redeem us and yet, we feel we have to beg Him to answer our prayers.

The love that Jesus has for us, is perfect love. He is concerned about our needs. Yesterday had some frustrating issues with my brain. Standing in the kitchen unable to finish my sentence and yet I felt God’s peace upon me. We can trust that God will be with us, through everything.

Isaiah 41:10 King James Version (KJV)
10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 19, 2019
Happy Thursday,

Calm in Spirit

We can be calm in any circumstance when we place our trust in God. When things are chaotic we need to take a few minutes to center ourselves in the grace of God. If we give in to the chaos we become like ants rushing around in circles. In the middle of life’s battles, we can seek the peace of God by prayer.

Psalm 107:29 King James Version (KJV)29 He maketh the storm a calm, so that the waves thereof are still.

Matthew 8:26 King James Version (KJV)26 And he saith unto them, Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith? Then he arose, and rebuked the winds and the sea; and there was a great calm.

On the outside, chaos may be traumatic but on the inside we can have a calm spirit by trusting in God. When we turn our eyes away from our circumstances and put our eyes on Jesus, He will give us peace in the midst of the storm. God is bigger than any storm. Lay our fears at the feet of Jesus.

Isaiah 41:10 King James Version (KJV)10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

The Shepherds in the field were frightened when a host of Angels surrounded them in the air.

Luke 2:10 King James Version (KJV)10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.

Shepherds of that day were considered lowly and simple, but yet God chose them to announce the birth of the Son of God. In simple faith, they believed the Angel and became the first to see Jesus lying in a manger. If we trust God, He will take us from fear into faith.

Luke 12:32 King James Version (KJV)
32 Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.

Betty

https://youtu.be/WHWqj6gKS9g

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 18, 2019
Happy Wednesday,

”Today’s Jesus”

To some Jesus is a fictional character like the Easter Bunny. Some think Jesus is a genie in the bottle. Ready to fulfill all your wishes. Without reading God’s Holy Word, people can sit in Church and hear about a Jesus that is a cheerleader. This Jesus will make you feel comfortable in your sins. You can come to Church and leave a sinner but hyped up on ’Jesus Juice’.

Jesus did not sacrifice His life so we can feel good about our sins. We cannot receive salvation until we are convicted of our sins. We cannot be cleansed of our sins, until we acknowledge that we are a sinner, in need of a Savior. Jesus is not one of many saviors. He is the only Savior. He is not one of many ways to Heaven. He is the only Way.

Sadly, many Churches are more concerned about making their people feel good then preaching the truth of the Gospel. We need a Holy Spirit convicting message that will reach the hearts of sinners and show them their need of salvation. How can sinners be saved, if they do not understand the truth about their need of salvation?

We have Christians sitting year after year in a Church still babes in Christ. This is heartbreaking. Paul warned the Church of being content to live on milk all of their life. Content to never grow Spiritually.

Hebrews 5:11-14 King James Version (KJV)
11 Of whom we have many things to say, and hard to be uttered, seeing ye are dull of hearing.
12 For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.
13 For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.
14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

Woe to the Pastors, who are still babes in Christ. How can they lead their sheep into Spiritual growth, when they have not grown themselves in the Lord? We have babies leading babies. Worse then that is Pastors who no longer preaches about sin. ”I do not like to talk about sin”! Said a Pastor of a mega Church. Choosing not to make their sheep uncomfortable can lead to a congregation of sinners, who do not know the truth, nor do they want to hear the truth.

2 Timothy 4:3-4 New King James Version (NKJV)
3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; 4 and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables.

Fables might make you feel good about yourself, but they will not lead sinners to salvation. Judgment is coming to Pastors who prefer to make sinners comfortable in their sins, rather than preach the truth of the Gospel.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 17, 2019
Happy Tuesday,

Magnifying Troubles and Shrinking Blessings

A human trait is making our troubles into mountains and our blessings into anthills. The devil encourages these traits by reminding us of our troubles and ignoring the many times God has blessed us. We all have troubles, sinners and saints. The difference is that God helps and sustains His children through their troubles. Let us moan less about our troubles and be more grateful for our blessings.

My husband takes the Sports Illustrated magazine. Last year Colin Rand Kaepernick was the winner of the sportsman of the year. A man who started the disrespect of our flag by football players. This year they picked Megan Rapinoe. A soccer player who threw our flag down on the ground as she celebrated her team’s victory. Another player on the team picked the flag off the ground and waved it proudly. No mention of her anywhere.

We are living in an age when respect for our Country and flag is unpopular. Love of your Country is frowned upon. Our Country and her people are being prepared to accept a one-world government. Yet, most Americans are blind to this. This trouble that will come upon America is a mountain of trouble, but most are blind to the coming disaster.

America has spit in the face of God for far too long. Judgment is coming soon. We need not fear the tribulation to come if we are saved. We will be with God in Heaven. Keep your faith secured in God and He will never forsake you.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 15, 2019
Blessed Sunday,

A long frustrating night can lead to a morning filled with confusion. What do we do? We talk to God. Even when we can not put our emotions into words we can cry out to Jesus. God understands our pain and He does cares about our distress.

Psalm 18:3 King James Version (KJV)3 I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies.

It is easy to take our frustrating out on one another. Why when we feel badly, do we want to make others feel bad too? This does not mean we do not seek comfort from one another. Christians should want to encourage one another.

1 Thessalonians 5:10-12 Worldwide English (New Testament) (WE)
10 So comfort and strengthen one another, just as you are doing. you to respect those who are working among you. They are your leaders in the Lord's work, and they tell you what you should do.
11 ) My brothers, we beg you, tell this to people who do not do what they should do. Talk to those who fear, and say something that will make them strong. Help those who are weak. Be patient with all people.
12 Do not let anyone do a wrong thing to a person if that person did a wrong thing to him. Always do good to one another. Be good to each other and to all men

A long frustrating night can lead to a day of praising the Lord if we take our problems to God. Seek God’s advice. Ask God to heal our hearts. Today is a new day. Live for the Lord and allow His light to shine through us so that others may see the light of God and be blessed.

Galatians 3:29 Worldwide English (New Testament) (WE)29 If you belong to Christ, you are Abraham's children. And if you are Abraham's children, you will receive the blessing that God has promised.

2 Corinthians 9:8 Worldwide English (New Testament) (WE)8 God is able to give you even more blessings than you need. In all things, you will always have all you need for yourselves, and you will have enough to help all others.

1 Peter 4:10 Worldwide English (New Testament) (WE)
10 God has given each person a gift. That gift is something he can do. Each one should use his gift to help the others. In that way you all make good use of the many blessings God has given you.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 14, 2019
Happy Saturday,

In My Time of Need, Give Me Strength

Psalm 18:2 King James Version (KJV)2 The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.

There are times that we need strength, that only God can give. The loss of a mate requires a sustaining strength that gets us through the days ahead. Loved ones and friends offer support, but only God can give us the strength that gets us through the long hours of grief.

There are times that we go through spiritual battles that leave us with shaking knees and fearful hearts. In these times, if we will cry out to God He will sustain us through the long nights and the physical strength to make another day.

The devil will fill our heads with questions, of why God is allowing us to suffer. God does not always give the reason, but He will comfort us in our times of distress. We can trust in the sustaining grace of God. God will not forsake us in our times of need.

Physical battles can drain us spiritually and physically. We can find peace and grace in the arms of our Heavenly Father. On whatever road God has you traveling at this time, do not give up. Keep your eyes on the prize of Heaven and pray that God will give you the strength to make each day.
Betty

Philippians 3:14 King James Version (KJV)
14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

1. O my brother, do you know the Savior,
2. Who is wondrous, kind, and true?
3. He’s the Rock of your salvation!
4. There’s honey in the Rock for you.
* Refrain:
* Oh, there’s honey in the Rock, my brother;
* There’s honey in the Rock for you;
* Leave your sins for the blood to cover;
* There’s honey in the Rock for you.
5. Have you tasted that the Lord is gracious?
6. Do you walk in the way that’s new?
7. Have you drunk from the living fountain?
8. There’s honey in the Rock for you.
9. Do you pray unto God the Father,
10. “What wilt Thou have me to do?”
11. Never fear, He will surely answer,
12. There’s honey in the Rock for you.
13. Then go out through the streets and byways,
14. Preach the Word to the many or few;
15. Say to every fallen brother,
16. There’s honey in the Rock for you.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 13, 2019,
Happy Friday,

"What Wondrous Grace”

Romans 3:24 King James Version (KJV)
24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

There is no human value that can comprehend the value of redemption.
Our minds are not able to imagine the beauty of Heaven. Yet we often take our salvation through Christ for granted. We can even be guilty of playing games with our salvation, straddling the fence between Saints and Sinners.

This Christmas let us remember the sacrifice Jesus made in leaving the glories of Heaven to be born in an barn. Laid as a baby, not in silk sheets, but laid in the manger of hay. This sacrifice demands respect and honor. Our love for Christ should lead us to worship God in Spirit and truth.
Betty

I know not why God’s wondrous grace
  To me He hath made known,
Nor why, unworthy, Christ in love
  Redeemed me for His own.
But “I know Whom I have believed
And am persuaded that He is able
To keep that which I’ve committed
  Unto Him against that day.”
2 I know not how this saving faith
  To me He did impart,
Nor how believing in His word
  Wrought peace within my heart.
3 I know not how the Spirit moves,
  Convincing men of sin,
Revealing Jesus through the Word,
  Creating faith in Him.
4 I know not what of good or ill
  May be reserved for me,
Of weary ways or golden days,
  Before His face I see.
5 I know not when my Lord may come,
  At night or noon-day fair,
Nor if I’ll walk the vale with Him,
  Or “meet Him in the air.”

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 12, 2019
Happy Thursday,

Willing to Serve

Are we willing to serve the Lord? Are we willing to obey Him? It is easy to say yes when we are at Church and we feel the Holy Spirit’s power. It’s another thing when God calls us to do the grunt work.

Let us be willing to work in whatever position that God calls us to do. To be a cheerful worker for God in everything we do. Work not to please people but work to please our Heavenly Father. When we work for God, He will give us a heart of joy and peace.
Betty

Nehemiah 8:10 King James Version (KJV)
10 Then he said unto them, Go your way, eat the fat, and drink the sweet, and send portions unto them for whom nothing is prepared: for this day is holy unto our Lord: neither be ye sorry; for the joy of the Lord is your strength.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 11, 2019
Happy Wednesday,

Some Troubles Come And Go And Others Stay

2 Corinthians 12:6-9 New International Version (NIV)
6 Even if I should choose to boast, I would not be a fool, because I would be speaking the truth. But I refrain, so no one will think more of me than is warranted by what I do or say, 7 or because of these surpassingly great revelations. Therefore, in order to keep me from becoming conceited, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. 8 Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. 9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.

We all have troubles. We lose our job and God gives another in His timing. Waiting is hard but forgotten when the new job comes about. Sickness can be
temporary or life long. There are illnesses we recover from and those we do not. Some we defeat only to have the illness return.

Whatever troubles we face the journey is easier to face if we keep our trust in God. God gave grace to Paul so that he could withstand the thorn in his flesh. God will do the same if we ask. Ask every day, God is not impatient and will hear our prayer in matter how often we ask.

In our physical weakness, we often grow spiritually. We are forced to lean on God more and this is a good thing. God has never asked us to be self-sufficient.
Leaning on God is to trust in His Word. Believing in what He said.

”Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time He may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on Him, because he cares for you” (1 Peter 5:6-8

Whether our troubles are temporary or life long, God will sustain us, if we lean on Him and His Holy Bible. Even life long troubles are temporary, for if we have given our hearts and lives to Jesus, our last breath will end all troubles. The end of this life is the door into glorious Heaven. Let us not give up on God but trust in Him until we draw our last breath.
Betty

https://youtu.be/5JSXcvJJoqQ

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 10, 2019
Happy Tuesday,

Bitterness

Bitterness can grow in our hearts if we are not careful. Life circumstances can allow a seed of bitterness to begin growing in our hearts. We can pray for God to remove the seed or we can feed the seed. We feed the seed by nursing it and holding on to it.

Whatever our circumstances, we can live without bitterness if we pray for grace. God’s grace can help us live in joy no matter what we have to deal with. If we trust God He will sustain us through all circumstances, the devil has to throw at us. Pray for a heart filled with love for God and others. Ask God to help us forgive those who have hurt us and to help us forgive ourselves.

May you live in the peace of God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 9, 2019
Happy Monday,

Today my mind is in a fog. How can God use me when my brain is confused? God did not call me for my writing skills. He called me to be opened and humbled. When illness affects your thought process, it is easy to give up. Spell check gets a big workout with me today.

Even in this illness, I can find peace and hope. There are many suffering today. Some the loss of loved ones. Although it may seem that God has abandoned, you, He has not. He is calling you to a deeper relationship with Him. He is seeking to produce spiritual growth in your life. God can turn your broken heart into a miracle in your life. Cling to Jesus during this storm. Seek advice from God. Tell Him of your pain.

So many are suffering today. Jesus has not abandoned His children. Troubles are often steps, that if willing can take us higher into spiritual growth. When we trust God He will lead us into new pastures. Complete trust in God can open doors that we have never seen before.

Do not give up. Cling to your Master’s hand and He will walk and talk with you.
Living for Jesus is a privilege. Do not take your relationship with Jesus for granted. He suffered great pain so that you can have a relationship with Him and our Heavenly Father.

Jesus is calling His children today. He wants a close relationship with us. Come away from sin and seek a mighty relationship with Him. This is the time to decide to live fully for God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 8, 2019
Blessed Sunday,

Finding Hope and Peace in Chaos

Christmas trees and Christmas music playing in stores. Many have their Christmas lights on their homes. Some of us have our Christmas trees up in our home. If we avoid all sources of news, we can convince ourselves that we are living in a time of peace on earth.

We can ignore the violence in our streets. We can ignore how close we are to war in the Middle East and the anger that China has against American. God does not want us to live in a state of pretense. Acknowledging reality does not mean that we need to live in fear.

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful.

We take our fears to God. God will renew our peace. Stop listening to the lies of the devil and read God’s Word. The truth is in the Holy Bible. There is no peace on earth, but God will put peace in our hearts.

One day we will walk the streets of Heaven and we will have perfect peace.
There will be no sin and no evil in Heaven. Seek God to give you His peace as we live in a world of chaos.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 7, 2019
Happy Saturday,

Pretty Christmas Lights

Ever since I was a kid, I have enjoyed riding around looking at Christmas lights. Christmas lights are beautiful and these days people use their imagination to make lights spectacular. There is one that makes Christmas lights pale in comparison. That is the gift that God gave us, His Son. The gift of salvation cannot be topped.

Take time this season to pray for lost souls. Your loved ones that are lost and lost souls around the world.. The age of grace is coming to an end. We do not want any of our loved ones left behind. Let us also be more thankful to God, for the many gifts that He has provided for us and our families.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 6, 2019
Happy Friday,

You Are My Hiding Place

Psalm 32:7 King James Version (KJV)Thou art my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble; thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance. Selah.

Everyone has troubles, worries, and pains. It is how we cope with them that matters. Some people drink or use drugs to hide from them. There are those who become angry and bitter. Jesus wants us to come to him with all our issues.
Notice the part where the verse says God says He will surround us with songs of deliverance.

When we sing songs of praise to God, the Holy Spirit will cover us with the love of God. When we rejoice in the knowledge of the gift of our salvation, our hearts will be free of the depression, fears, and bitterness.

Philippians 4:4-8 King James Version (KJV)
4 Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice.
5 Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand.
6 Be careful for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

The devil is going to fight against God’s children until the rapture. This does not mean that God is not in control. Seek the will of God in your life. Seek His comfort and His peace. It will not be long until we will be going to our true Home-Heaven. Don't give up my friends we are so close to the rapture.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 5, 2019
Happy Thursday,

Facing Trials and Difficulties

Lying in bed because the pain in my stomach gets worse when I walk. Probably a colitis flare. This is temporary and I should feel better in a couple of days. This is like trials that come in our lives. The situation seems like it will go on forever. Troubles do pass.

It is living in the midst of the trial, which is the hard part. Knowing the time in the trial is temporary, doesn't take away the pain. We can survive the trial when we remember we are not alone. God is with us.

Joshua 1:9 "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."
Isaiah 41:10 "Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
Romans 8:38-39 "For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Trials are temporary. God’s love for His children is permanent. We can call out to Him and He will assure of His love for us. Take courage knowing we are not alone.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 4, 2019
Happy Wednesday,

Where Is My Peace

Christians are promised peace, but there are times we feel that we have been abandoned by God. We wonder where are peace has gone. We can find peace by going back to the Bible.

Isaiah 9:6 King James Version (KJV)
6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Jesus is peace. We find our peace when we cry to Jesus. Our problems and grief is real. It is not a figment of our minds. Talk to God. Tell Him your concerns and open up your heart to God.

Psalm 18:6 King James Version (KJV)
6 In my distress I called upon the Lord, and cried unto my God: he heard my voice out of his temple, and my cry came before him, even into his ears.

Psalm 118: 5In my distress I called to the LORD,
and He answered and set me free.
6The LORD is on my side;b I will not be afraid.
What can man do to me?c
7The LORD is on my side; He is my helper.
Therefore I will look in triumph on those who hate me.
8It is better to take refuge in the LORD
than to trust in man.
9It is better to take refuge in the LORD
than to trust in princes.

In times of distress and grief, we can take refuge in the Lord. He will hide me under His wings like a mama bird. We can rest and peace in God. He will hide us under His wings and comfort us.

Psalms 91:4

“He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.”

We can go to God 7 days a week and 24 hours a day. He is always available to His children. He gives hope to the hopeless. He gives comfort to those grieving. He gives strength to the weak.

Psalm 120:1 King James Version (KJV)
120 In my distress I cried unto the Lord, and he heard me.

Isaiah 41:10 New King James Version (NKJV)
Fear not, for I am with you;
Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you,
Yes, I will help you,
I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’

Where is my peace? It is found in God my Father.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 3, 2019
Happy Tuesday

The Light of the Gospel

John 8:12 King James Version (KJV)
12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

We must choose to walk in the light of Jesus. When we do so God’s light will guide us in truth and righteousness. A man who walks into an area at night that has no lights, is subject to falling. When people refuse the Gospel of Jesus, they are walking in darkness and can be easily led into sin.

The world sees the Gospel, as a restraint that controls Christians. The truth is the Gospel provides freedom, so we walk in the righteous of God. Freedom to say no to sin. Freedom to live in the peace of God.

Romans 3:24 King James Version (KJV)Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

1 Corinthians 2:12 King James Version (KJV)
12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

Walk in the freedom of God. Seek prayerfully to walk in righteousness and to avoid sin. Live in hope for the God who spoke the universe into existence, lives in the heart of every Christian.

2 Corinthians 4:5-6 English Standard Version (ESV)
5 For what we proclaim is not ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, with ourselves as your servants[a] for Jesus' sake. 6 For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 2, 2019
Happy Monday,

Joy

Psalm 95:1 King James Version (KJV)O come, let us sing unto the Lord: let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation.

In the midst of trials and tribulations, may we rejoice at the knowledge that this life is just temporary. We can take joy in knowing our future is the joy of eternity with our Heavenly Father. No one can take this joy away from us.

May God bless you and your family. May He provide all of your needs.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 1, 2019
Blessed Sunday,

Death Where Is Your Victory?

1 Corinthians 15:50-55 King James Version (KJV)
50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.
55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?

The death of a loved one is the hardest quest to face. Satan turned death into a victory for himself. Jesus came to earth, lived, died, and rose again, winning the victory over death. If we are saved by grace, we are no longer children with no hope. When we say goodbye to our loved ones, who are also saved, we can live with the assurance that we will see our loved one again.

Death still has it’s sting. The loss of a loved one is painful. Yet we can live in peace knowing that death is only a temporary condition. For our loved one who died, there is no more pain. They now walk the golden streets of Heaven with their loved ones who passed before them. They can look into the eyes of Jesus and see love in perfection. We can live in peace knowing that one day we will join our loved one again. Death where is your victory? Jesus has won the victory over death.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 30, 2019
Happy Saturday,

Went to funeral for hubby’s sister’s husband’s funeral. Her husband is right with God so we will seen again, but we are sure going to miss him. Please pray for Debbie.
Thank you,
Betty

Last Wednesday he told Debbie that he was right with God and knew he was going to Heaven. We believe he knew that he would die soon. He had been really sick for a month but the hospital refused to admit him because they said he was not sick enough. He was vomiting every day for a month.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 28
Happy Thanksgiving,

Thanksgiving Day,

“I will give thanks to you, Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonderful deeds. I will be glad and rejoice in you; I will sing the praises of your name, O Most High” (Psalm 9:1–2).

Today is the day we set aside for Thanksgiving for our families and friends. We are thankful for our possession. If you are blessed to be with your family today, that is another thing to be thankful for.

I hope that you have a great day with family and friends and eat lots of good food. Take time to offer praises to our Heavenly Father.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 2019
Happy Wednesday,

Thanksgiving

Tomorrow is the day we set aside to show our Thanksgiving to God, our Father. God says that He loves a cheerful giver. We should have a thankful heart when we do anything for God. He is worthy of the work that we perform, hopefully out of a loving heart.

I pray that tomorrow we will show our gratitude every day to our Heavenly Father. I pray that you have a blessed day tomorrow. Pray for those who will have an empty plate at the table, tomorrow.

I saw the Doctor today. I have a cold. Tomorrow I will still be contagious so we will spend the day at home. Friday I can be around people again, so we will be going to our daughter's house for a Thanksgiving meal.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 26
Not feeling. No blog today.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 25, 2019
Happy Tuesday,

Weary

Lots of things make us weary. Loss, sickness, arguments with others and many more. Weariness can wear us down physically and emotionally. It can cause us to lose hope. What do we do? We seek God. He can refresh us in ways no one else or nothing else can do.

Psalm 40:3 Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)He put a new song in my mouth,a hymn of praise to our God.Many will see and fear
and put their trust in the Lord.

In the midst of our trouble, God will bring a Spirit of joy, a Spirit of peace, and a calming Spirit. We can release our pain into our prayers to our Heavenly Father. Talk to Him about all our issues and know that He is listening. When our tears flow, God sees and if we ask Him to He will comfort us.
Betty

Revelation 5:9 King James Version (KJV)
9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 24, 2019
Blessed Sunday,

Today early this morning, my husband sister’s husband passed away. My heart breaks for my sister-in-law. I know we will see him again in Heaven, because his heart was right with God. Yet his wife is suffering the loss and will for a long time. There are no magic words for comfort in the loss of a husband or wife. The best thing we can do is pray for our loved ones when they go through days of suffering.

There are many kinds of loss that we as human beings suffer. Death, loss of a job, and loss of your health are just a few. We can seek comfort from God. He can bring a special comfort that can touch the heart like no one else. As we cling to God He will hold us up to keep us from falling.

Please pray for my sister-in-law and her children that God will comfort them and sustain them. Deaths around the Holidays are much harder. I know this because my younger sister passed in November in 1993.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 22, 2019
Happy Friday,

How can I sing?

Psalm 137 King James Version (KJV)
137 By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion.
2 We hanged our harps upon the willows in the midst thereof.
3 For there they that carried us away captive required of us a song; and they that wasted us required of us mirth, saying, Sing us one of the songs of Zion.
4 How shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?
5 If I forget thee, O Jerusalem, let my right hand forget her cunning.

Whether we sin and crawl into a valley of darkness or God leads into the valley, we are still prone to despair. In the valley is where our hearts grieve for the sin we have committed. In the valley is where God brings us to a stronger spiritual level. In the valley we must make a choice to either cleave to God are falling away from Him.

Israel had been taken captive and wherein no mood to sing. Yet, we see no evidence of them seeing their sins and crying out to God for forgiveness. It often takes time for God’s people before we will even admit our sin. Acknowledging our first step, but we must also take the second step. The second step is humbling ourselves before God and admitting that we sinned. The third step is to seek forgiveness. The fourth step is turning away from sin.

When all these steps have been taking by us, then God will give us a heart of joy. We will then have a heart with a longing to sing praises to our Heavenly Father.

Sing praises to the Lord as we walk with God. Worship God with prayers and songs. May God bless you my friends and meet your needs,
Betty

https://youtu.be/RCTl4tUYIAg

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 21, 2019
Happy Thursday,

Little Mistakes,

Dr. Evans, a leader among Christian Jews in Israel, sent my donation check back yesterday. It seems I had sent him the check for the Bible Society by mistake. I was able to find some humor in my mistake. I remember my granny saying that she had sent the check for the light bill to the water company once.

The devil likes to belittle us and attack us when we make mistakes. When we remind ourselves of our humanity, we do not have to wallow in self-pity. We can find the humor in a situation and move on.

What is not funny when we willfully allow the devil to convince us to commit little sins. Little sins may seem like nothing to worry about, but it is the little sins leads us down the slippery slow on a road that leads us to destruction.

”Sin will take you farther than you want to go, keep you longer than you want to stay, and cost you more than you want to pay. –” ― R Zaccharias

Let us instead pray for God to help us live righteous lives and avoid sin. Keeping our eyes, ears, and hearts tuned into God and His Righteousness.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 20, 2019
Happy Wednesday,

Bearing Fruit

We have had a blackberry for three years. It is growing, but has never bared fruit. The reality it is useless for it's purpose. Yet, I still take care of it. A tree that never grows fruit for the Kingdom of God, is a sign of spiritual failure and trouble.

Matthew 7:17 King James Version (KJV)
17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit

God has saved our souls not just so we can go to Heaven, but that we may bear fruit for his kingdom on earth. The Holy Spirit should shine through so that others can see Jesus. We can quench the Spirit to the point that their is barely a light.

http://theoldpreacher.com/dont-quench-the-spirit/

1 Thessalonians 5:16-24 King James Version (KJV)
16 Rejoice evermore.
17 Pray without ceasing.
18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
19 Quench not the Spirit.
20 Despise not prophesyings.
21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.
22 Abstain from all appearance of evil.
23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
24 Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it

Colossians 1:10 King James Version (KJV)
10 That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God;
Betty

Still feeding the birds and squirrels

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 19, 2019
Happy Tuesday,

Obedience to God

Acts 5:29 King James Version (KJV)
29 Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men

When we become Christian, our desires should change. For salvation to take, we must have the desire to please God. When we walk away from the altar and are able to continue in our sins with no burning of conscience, then we are not saved. Walking up to the Pastor and shaking his hand does not save us.
Salvation is the changing of our hearts. If there is no changing of the heart, we have walked to the altar a sinner and left a sinner.

Acts 3:19 King James Version (KJV)
19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord.

2 Corinthians 7:10 King James Version (KJV)
10 For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.

1 Peter 1:2 Living Bible (TLB)
2 Dear friends, God the Father chose you long ago and knew you would become his children. And the Holy Spirit has been at work in your hearts, cleansing you with the blood of Jesus Christ and making you to please him. May God bless you richly and grant you increasing freedom from all anxiety and fear.

True salvation brings a desire to please God in our talk and actions. No longer should we be more concerned about pleasing men over God. Knowing the great sacrifice Jesus made to save us, should well up in our souls, a great desire in us to live for the pleasure of Jesus. Obeying God should not be like a job we do for our bosses, that we do under duress. Obeying God is a pleasure and should be done, because we love God.

There will be times we sin but because we are saved, our conscience should burn with regret and remorse. This is when we cry to our God in shame so that He can forgive us. Hiding our sins only, makes things worse, for God sees all.

1 John 2:1 King James Version (KJV)
2 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

So do not allow the devil to torment you when you sin. Repent to God, and turn away from the lies of the devil.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 18, 2019
Happy Monday,

Dedication Day

Yesterday was dedication day for the babies at my son’s Church. It was a special privilege for hubby and me to be able to attend. Saturday night had been a hard night for me, but I prayed for a good day Sunday and He answered my prayer. Seeing my son and his wife, dedicate themselves to raising their daughter in a Christian home was very special, indeed!

After Church, we all went to my son and daughter-in-law house for lunch. My daughter, her husband, my granddaughter and her fiancé were also there. My daughter-in-law’ s family was there. It was a wonderful day with great fellowship.

Did you know that we can dedicate every day to God? We can pray each day for guidance from God so that we may walk each day in grace and fellowship with our Heavenly Father. God wants to guide us as we walk with Him, all we have to do is ask Him to do so.
Betty

Guide Me O Thou Great Redeemer Hymn
Guide me, O thou great redeemer,
Pilgrim through this barren land;
I am weak, but thou art mighty,
Hold me with thy powerful hand;
Bread of heaven, bread of heaven
Feed me till I want no more;
Feed me till I want no more.

Open now the crystal fountain
Whence the healing stream doth flow;
Let the fire and cloudy pillar
Lead me all my journey through:
Strong deliverer, strong deliverer;
Be thou still my strength and shield;
Be thou still my strength and shield.

When I tread the verge of Jordan,
Bid my anxious fears subside;
Death of death, and hell's destruction
Land me safe on Canaan's side:
Songs of praises, songs of praises,
I will ever give to thee;
I will ever give to thee

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 16, 2019
Happy Saturday,

Dying Happy or Dying at Peace

I just woke up from a dream. I dreamed that someone who had died had come back and was collecting bottles. I asked someone in the dream ”why is he collecting bottles?” and he said the guy was trying to raise money and he said the guy was trying to raise the bond to get out of hell. I said you cannot pay money to get out of hell and said that at least he left happy.

It is not uncommon for sinners to think they will die happy. Atheist think they there is no God and they will just sleep peacefully for eternity. There are those who think Hell will be one big party with all your friends. There will be no drinking, laughing, and having a great time in Hell.

When Christians die, they die at peace. They have made their registration for Heaven and there is peace. When we die as a Christian, we leave this world and step into Heaven. Jesus, who has walked with us every day since was got saved, will welcome us into Heaven.

Some sinners die happy because they think they have done enough good to enter Heaven. Others think there is no Hell. Still, others think Hell is a big party. No matter what sinners believe, when they die, they will know the truth. Without salvation through Jesus Christ, their eternity will be in Hell.

Hell will not be one big party. Jesus, Himself made it clear that Hell will be miserable beyond anything we can imagine.

Matthew 13:41-42, 49-50 “The Son of Man will send his angels, and they will gather out of his kingdom all causes of sin and all law-breakers, and throw them into the fiery furnace. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.  So it will be at the end of the age. The angels will come out and separate the evil from the righteous and throw them into the fiery furnace. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.”
Mark 9:43, 48-49 “And if your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life crippled than with two hands to go to hell, to the unquenchable fire…where their worm does not die and the fire is not quenched.’ For everyone will be salted with fire.”

Matthew 22:13 “Bind him hand and foot and cast him into the outer darkness. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.”
Matthew 8:12 “while the sons of the kingdom will be thrown into the outer darkness. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.”

Revelation 14:9-11; 19:3 “If anyone worships the beast and its image and receives a mark on his forehead or on his hand, he also will drink the wine of God’s wrath, poured full strength into the cup of his anger, and he will be tormented with fire and sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb.  And the smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever, and they have no rest, day or night, these worshipers of the beast and its image, and whoever receives the mark of its name. The smoke from her goes up forever and ever.”

We do not have to choose to go to hell. I have heard sinners say that a loving God would not send anyone to hell. Those in hell chose to reject salvation. It is their choice that sends them to hell.

John 3:16-17 King James Version (KJV)
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Acts 16:31 King James Version (KJV)
31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

Romans 10:9-10 King James Version (KJV)
9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

As long as we have breath we can get saved. Seek forgiveness and turn away from your sins and begin your walk with Jesus. Ask God to help you walk a Godly and Righteous life. You may get saved to get out of hell, but soon you will find that walking with Jesus brings peace and joy in this life. You will still have problems, but now you not walk alone. Jesus will walk with you and if you allow Him to, He will guide you each day.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 15, 2019
Happy Friday,

Encourager

2 Thessalonians 2:16-17 (WEB)
16 Now our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God our Father,
who loved us and gave us eternal comfort and good hope through grace,
17 comfort your hearts and establish you in every good work and word.

We can find comfort and encouragement in Our Lord and Savior, Jesus. When we are discouraged, it is tempting to pray less and read the Bible less. We ignore the very medicine that we need for healing. Talk to God about your situation. Tell Him what is going on and how you feel about it.

Today I read about two women getting into a physical brawl at Walmarts. One of the women had a baby strapped to her chest. It is shocking that a mom would put her baby in danger. Two workers and several customers had to pull the women apart. Seriously, there is nothing worth fighting for when you put your own baby in danger.

This kind of evil can be depressing, but we can go to God and ask Him to encourage and comfort us. Of course, we should pray for both women. There is a lot of anger, at issue here. We should pray that they give their hearts to Jesus.

Every day let us pray that God will guide us and protect us. Pray for opportunities to share the Gospel with others.
Betty

--------------------

This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  ...  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement