Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » Blessings (Page 22)

This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  ...  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28 

Author Topic: Blessings
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
April 19, 2020
Blessed Sunday

Days of Evil

In Jeremiah’s days there were false prophets who preached peace and false hope to a rebellious Nation. Today, we have our own false prophets who preach prosperity and peace to a rebellious generation who have abandoned the Words of the Bible and choose to live in sin.

The only Hope is a relationship with the Jesus of the Bible. The world has embraced another Jesus. A ‘Jesus’ whom accepts gay marriage and abortion. This ‘Jesus’ is leading the masses to hell.

The world is not getting better and better. This world is headed for judgement and it may be sooner than we realize. We are on the cusp of the rapture and when that happens the world will accept as their leader a man who is filled with the devil, himself. He will lead the world into more sin and evil will be the normal.
The Holy Spirit that is restraining the devil now, will not be here and the devil will take advantage of that.

As Christians we must remember this is not our home. Heaven is our home and soon, Jesus will get us and take us there.
Betty

Jeremiah 23:16-22 New International Version (NIV)
16 This is what the Lord Almighty says:
“Do not listen to what the prophets are prophesying to you;
    they fill you with false hopes.
They speak visions from their own minds,
    not from the mouth of the Lord.
They keep saying to those who despise me,
    ‘The Lord says: You will have peace.’
And to all who follow the stubbornness of their hearts
    they say, ‘No harm will come to you.’
But which of them has stood in the council of the Lord
    to see or to hear his word?
    Who has listened and heard his word?
See, the storm of the Lord
    will burst out in wrath,
a whirlwind swirling down
    on the heads of the wicked.
The anger of the Lord will not turn back
    until he fully accomplishes
    the purposes of his heart.
In days to come
    you will understand it clearly.
I did not send these prophets,
    yet they have run with their message;
I did not speak to them,
    yet they have prophesied.
But if they had stood in my council,
    they would have proclaimed my words to my people
and would have turned them from their evil ways
    and from their evil deedsOmg these new emojis!! Search Christian Emoji on the app store if you want them too🖖🏾🖖🏼🖖 http://apple.co/2gCd2TO

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
April 18, 2020
Happy Saturday,

Church closings will be a sifter to the Church body. Has everybody who goes to Church been reading the Bible and praying? Was Church a social event or a time of worshipping God and hearing from God? Has their faith strengthen during this time or weakened? Will everyone got back when it is over? Only God knows the answer.

I love going to Church and up until the last two years, have been in Church regularly since I was two weeks old. Unfortunately my health has limited my ability to be in Church, but I know the importance of Church and I still am blessed to have a Church family.

Personal Bible study and a regular pray life is important for every Christin and especially for those of us are limited in being able to attend Church. If we do not build up our faith through prayer and Bible reading our faith will become weak and anemic. We do not grow strong in the Lord by accident, we must make the effort ourselves.

We live in an age where the circumstances around us can lead us astray. Where we not only need to be careful of to pick a good Church with a Pastor who preaches the truth, but, what we listen to and read online. Verify everything with the Bible. The Bible should be our final authority. Stay strong in the Lord and give your fears to God. May God bless you and encourage you.
Betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 17, 2020
Happy Friday.

Praise The Lord

Psalm 146:2 King James Version (KJV)
2 While I live will I praise the Lord: I will sing praises unto my God while I have any being.

I awoke feeling pretty good today. Got dressed and even put earrings on. Blessed and ready to praise God. It is great to praise God on our good days. Hearts filled with joy and hope, excited to praise God.

It is on those days when things are not going so great, days when we we are feel under attack, and days when we are suffering, that praises do not come easily to our lips. This is when we offer up sacrifices of praise. Praises that come with tears and out of hearts filled with despair and heartache. Sacrifice of praises are a sweet aroma to our Heavenly Father.

Hebrews 13:15 King James Version (KJV)
15 By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name

Our love for God should encourage us to offer praises to God in all circumstances. Knowing our suffering is only for a short time, compared to an eternity of eternal joy in Heaven.
Betty

2 Corinthians 2:14 [Full Chapter]
Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 16, 2020
Happy Thursday,

Our struggles do not define us. Our bodies and minds my have issues, but we are not those issues. If we have accepted Jesus as our Savior than we are the children of God. Our faith in God is what defines us. Struggles can be hard and we do grow tired, but we can find rest in God. Anxiety may afflict us but, we can find peace by praying and reading the Word of God.

This is not our home. Our home is in Heaven. This knowledge can give us peace as we live in uncertain times. The grace of God can give us the courage to carry on through difficult and uncertain times. Do not allow the things around us to discourage us but press onward to our prize in Heaven. Have a thankful heart and give God praise and worship Him as we wait for the day He calls His children home to Heaven. May God bless you and your families and protect you from this virus.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 15, 2020
Happy Wednesday,

Questions, Questions, and More Questions

This pandemic has given us more questions than and answers. When there are answers they are often conflicted. Wear a mask- do not wear a mask. At first the powers that be could not agree on staying home or not staying home. It seems the elite do not know anymore than the rest of us.

There is only on thing we can trust in this world and that is God’s Word. His Word is true and steady. What He says He Means. When Jesus says He is the only way to Heaven, He spoke truth. When He said that anyone who tried to enter Heaven another way, is a thief, He meant it. Contrary to the ideas of many people there is only one way to Heaven and that is through redemption of Jesus Christ. If we ask for salvation and go back to living a life of sin, then we truly did not receive salvation.

Jesus said that those who love God, obeys His commandments. If we love God we cannot live in sin. We must choose obedience to God over sin. It is up to us to either choose to serve God or ourselves. We cannot serve two masters.

As things get harder for Christians, will we have the faith to stand up for God? This is the time to examine ourselves and see if there is anything lacking in our lives. Pray for God to show us what to change in our hearts and lives. Pray for the strength to stand strong in our faith in the coming days. Pray that fear does not cause us to deny our faith or fall by the wayside.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 14, 2020
Happy Tuesday

Religious Attack

Yesterday a government spokesman said that there should be no large gatherings unless everyone takes the vaccine they are working on for COVId-19.
How is this a Religious attack? I will tell you. In Kentucky people who sat in their cars to listen to the Preacher, preached were fined $500 each. In Mississippi, Policemen arrived an hour before Church so they could find anyone that came to Church.

As the Preacher said, you can drive down the road and see 100 cars in front of a grocery store, but it is illegal for 25 cars sitting in a church parking lot to hear the Gospel. The Government is saying that Religious activities are not essential. Yet the preaching of the Gospel brings salvation to the lost and encouragement to the Church.

This virus is supposed to come with a tracking device that will be able to see where everyone is at all times. This is scary to most Americans. The Government will use fear and intimidation to force people to get this shot.

What do we do as Christians, we remember this is not our home and soon we will be snatched up by God in the rapture. Hold on to your faith in God and trust God to protect you and to guide you.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 13, 2020
Happy Monday,

Compassion And Grace

1 Peter 3:8 King James Version (KJV)
8 Finally, be ye all of one mind, having compassion one of another, love as brethren, be pitiful, be courteous:

In these last days let us seek to be the children of God that build up one another with up compassion and grace. In these last days, we are so easily susceptible to discouragement and depression. We can be used by God to share compassion and grace one to another.

We should seek to do God’s Will and be willing to stand beside the hurting and encourage each other with prayer and Scripture. Praying for one another that God will keep us from temptation and being led astray by false teachers and Preachers. The devil knows his days to fight against the Church as the Age of Grace is coming to an end. He is fighting hard and furious, but God is still stronger than the devil. We must not give up but stay close to God. Keep our trust secure in God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 12, 2020
Happy Easter

The Victory Of Easter

After Adam and Eve sinned, the relationship between mankind and God was severed. There was no hope of Heaven. God called Abraham to be the father of His people: Israel. God gave them a temporary solution to be forgiven of their sins; the sacrifice of animals.

The permanent solution was the sacrifice when Jesus died on the cross. Friday we commemorated His death. Today we rejoice in the knowledge that Jesus no longer lies in a tomb, but is in His rightful place, sitting on the right hand of the Heavenly Father.

This is a day of rejoicing, for we are no longer living in hopelessness if we have accepted the precious gift of salvation. Though most Churches are closed today, we can still offer worship and praise to our Heavenly Father. We do not know what the future holds but we know that God is with us and if we seek Him, He will sustain us through the days ahead. We need not live in fear but trust in God.

Today is not our typical Easter. A day usually spent at Church and then lunch with family. Of course, we miss this and this makes us sad. Yet we can press on knowing that God is with us. We can still rejoice in the victory of Easter and the knowledge that our future is in Heaven.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 11, 2020
Happy Saturday,

The Passion

It was not until I saw the move ”The Passion”, that it really registered in my brain, the suffering that Jesus went through to build a bridge of redemption between Himself and mankind. I am not ashamed to say the movie made me cry and uncomfortable. Watching someone suffering torture should make us uncomfortable, but knowing that this is what Jesus endeared to bring me my salvation was painful to watch.

Yet the hardest part of the suffering that Jesus dealt with, could not be seen with human eyes. It is when God turned His face away from Jesus. Jesus had never had a second throughout eternity when God turned away from Jesus. It was our sins that caused God to turn away from Jesus. In His Holiness, God could not look at Jesus when our sins were upon Him. Jesus bore this isolation for us.

Jesus bore the unbearable to purchase salvation for mankind, yet in pride and arrogance, mankind rejects the gift of salvation. We hear all the time that a loving God would not send anyone to hell. People are in hell because they chose to go there. They refused the invitation to Heaven and they choice hell for themselves.

As we celebrate Resurrection Day tomorrow, let us pray for lost souls that they will open their hearts to the calling of the Holy Spirit. As children of God let us rejoice in our salvation and be thankful to Jesus for what salvation cost Him.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 10, 2020
Happy Friday,

Hope is Cancelled

On the way home from my son’s house today, I saw a sign on the side of the freeway with the individual lettering. Some of the letters were lying down, but what stood up said:” Hope is Cancelled”. Thank God, hope is not canceled, if we are trusting in God. Our faith is secure in God.

We are living in trying times and right down scary times if you do not have your faith in God. God has not forsaken His children, nor is He asleep at the wheel. With our faith in God, we need not fear the future but trust that God is with us.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 9, 2020
Happy Thursday,

In days of uncertainty, we can be at peace knowing that God knows the future. We need not fret about tomorrow because God is on the throne. Knowing that we need not fear, we can embrace the truth that God is using these days for good.

In times like these, even sinners often cry out to God for answers. God can use these days to bring people to salvation. Only God knows how many people have cried out to God for salvation on their death beds. Let us pray for lost souls and trust God to see us through this crisis.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 8, 2020
Happy Tuesday,

My son-in-law has met several famous musicians because he is in the music industry. It is nice to talk to him about someone I like. When we read the New Testament we are reading books by the Disciples. Through their eyes, we get to know Jesus.

This knowledge helps us understand what God wants from us and how much God loves us. Communicating with God in prayer and reading the Bible helps us develop a better relationship with God.

I have read many books about celebrities and some written by themselves. Sadly, too many times they are a disappointment. They often come off as spoiled children or bitter mean people. Only Brenda Lee and Andy Williams were always kind when they discussed others in the industry.

Unlike people who can become divas, God is a loving God. The more we know Him, the more love we feel for God. While people can be self-serving, God’s joy is working well through His children. His purpose for dying on the cross was to reconcile mankind with Himself. So we can spend eternity with Him.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 6, 2020
Happy Monday,

He Will Equipped Us For Our Mission

A person who dies for the cause of Christ does not start out prepared for this. Little by little God prepared them for their journey and their ultimate destination. God gave them the grace to complete their journey.

The difference between failing and passing our ultimate test is the amount of our dedication to Christ. It would be nice to say that our journey was a constant uphill dedication to God, but likely not true. Like sheep, we have easily been lead astray our own selfish desires.

There are periods of time when our dedication to God is strong and solid and then the devil shows us a shiny apple and off on a tangent we go. Often we lose our way. It is only the love of God, Himself that brings us back to the side of God.

Oh that God would keep our love for Him from growing cold. May our prayers be that God keeps our eyes and faith in Him and cure us of our wandering ways. May our love for God be strong and true in all things. May we end this race strong holding forth for the price that awaits the saints and not a spiritually weaken version of ourselves.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 5, 2015
Blessed Sunday,

I have been reading my blogs from 2015. So many days the colitis was so bad that I could barely walk because of the pain. I have been blessed to be in remission for two years. I have occasional bouts here and there but not like before when there were two years of constant pain and misery.

I look back, and I see it was the pain and misery that God used to help me grow spiritually. I am the person I am today because of the struggle and not in spite of the struggle. Today’s struggle is new with the beginning of the dementia. Days I cannot remember how to spell common words and finishing sentences can be hard. Sometimes I stop in mid-sentence and forget to finish. Trying times for my hubby.

I do not know what the future holds. I am at peace with that. God knows and He holds my hand.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 4, 2020
Happy Saturday,

Stand by, Your God, Your Man, and Your Woman.

Matthew 10:33 Context

30But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. 31Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows. 32Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven. 33But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven. 34Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. 35For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. 36And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

A relationship woven in secrecy will not last very long. Sooner or later a relationship will go public or go bust. God nor mankind will be treated as a hidden toy only to be played with in private. God makes it clear that if we are ashamed of our relationship on earth, He will deny our relationship in Heaven.

What person or group of people is more important than God. We cannot serve two Masters.

Luke 16:13 “No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.”

There will come a time when you must publicly choose God or mankind. No man or woman is worth going to hell for. You must choose whose opinion matters most to you. This is a choice that must be made with carefully consideration. This choice will determine where you will spend eternity. We are getting closer and closer to the time that our faith in Christ could cost us a promotion or even our job.

The God who spoke the universe into existence can find us another job, but keep in mind this Can and will go beyond our job. Presidential Candidate Joe Biden has said that he wants Christian who believe marriage should be based on the Bible should be put on a terrorist watch group. This not a joke. Being on a terrorist watch list can keep you from finding work or flying from one city to another. How strong will our faith be when it prevents promotions or us be allowed to travel to a relative’s Wedding? Will we be able to stand up for the truth of the Gospel during these circumstances.

It is no longer about freedom of homosexuals but taking freedoms away from those who believe the Bible is true. We cannot be a Sunday believer on Sunday and agree with the world for the rest of the week. We will be forced to choose. Is our faith strong enough to speak the truth in season or out of season? God gives us faith to stay strong when the truth of the Gospel is hated.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 3, 2020
Happy Friday.

I Cried Unto The Lord

Psalm 3:4 King James Version (KJV)
4 I cried unto the Lord with my voice, and he heard me out of his holy hill. Selah.

Psalm 18:6 King James Version (KJV)
6 In my distress I called upon the Lord, and cried unto my God: he heard my voice out of his temple, and my cry came before him, even into his ears.

The Lord God hears the cries of His children. Our cries do not fall on deaf ears. In the raging rain and wind that bellows, our God sees our tears and hears our cries. In the silence of our broken hearts, God is attentive to our request and provides our needs.

God turns not turn away from us but seeks to make a new path for our feet and a new song for our hearts. Though we may not understand the path God has chosen for us, we know without a doubt, that he will never forsake us. In Christ Alone we are secure and He will provide for us a new way and He will keep us from stumbling into vines of sin, if we only trust in Him.

We must choose to run away from sin and seek to walk in the Righteousness of Christ. When we do,God will keep us on the straight and narrow and in Him, we will find peace.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 1, 2020
Happy Wednesday,

”Since Jesus Came Into My Heart”

Give me those old fashioned Hymns where I can pray to God in songs. Where I can open my heart freely to God allow Him free access to my heart and mind. Nothing to hide but opening myself up to God so that He can know me as no other knows me. What wonderful assurance knowing that God loves me; warts and all.

There is no need to hide for God sees it all and yet in His marvelous grace, He loves me in spite of myself. He loves with His perfect love and comforts me with His peace. May I always seek to live in a way that is pleasing to my Heavenly Father and walk hand and hand with Him daily.
Betty

Representative Text
1 What a wonderful change in my life has been wrought
since Jesus came into my heart!
I have light in my soul for which long I had sought,
Refrain:
Since Jesus came into my heart,
since Jesus came into my heart,
floods of joy o'er my soul like the sea billows roll,
since Jesus came into my heart.
2 I'm possessed of a hope that is steadfast and sure,
And no dark clouds of doubt now my pathway obscure,
since Jesus came into my heart! [Refrain]
3 There's a light in the valley of death now for me,
And the gates of the city beyond I can see,
4 I shall go there to dwell in that city, I know,
And I'm happy, so happy, as onward I go,

Source: Celebrating Grace Hymnal #614

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 31, 2020
Happy Tuesday,

Sleep Inbetween Bounts of Pain

This has not been a restful night and frustration has been my companion throughout the night. Yet as the sun has risen, I feel hopeful. My misery is only for a short time and soon I will take my place in glory, where there I shall dwell with my Jesus for eternity. Heaven shall be my resting place where physical pain and mental confusion shall never enter Heaven’s Gates.

Where songs of praise and hope shall fill my heart with joy and the lies of the devil will be banned from Heaven throughout eternity. Where I shall rejoice in the comfort of the Almighty God and physical and spiritual rest will walk with me for always.
Betty

Oh, I Want to See Him
Rufus H. Cornelius, 1916
copyright status is Public Domain

Subject: Anticipation
Scripture: 1 John 3:2
Oh, I Want to See Him [.xml]
Rufus H. Cornelius, 1916

Key: A♭
Meter: 12.12.12.11.11.11.11.11

Learn about music formats...
view sheet music [.pdf] [.sib]
play midi [.mid] 1 As I journey through the land, singing as I go,
2 Pointing souls to Calvary—to the crimson flow,
3 Many arrows pierce my soul from without, within;
4 But my Lord leads me on, through Him I must win.
◦ Refrain:
◦ Oh, I want to see Him, look upon His face,
◦ There to sing forever of His saving grace;
◦ On the streets of glory let me lift my voice,
◦ Cares all past, home at last, ever to rejoice.
5 When in service for my Lord dark may be the night,
6 But I’ll cling more close to Him, He will give me light;
7 Satan’s snares may vex my soul, turn my thoughts aside;
8 But my Lord goes ahead, leads whate’er betide.
9 When in valleys low I look toward the mountain height,
10 And behold my Savior there, leading in the fight,
11 With a tender hand outstretched toward the valley low,
12 Guiding me, I can see, as I onward go.
13 When before me billows rise from the mighty deep,
14 Then my Lord directs my bark; He doth safely keep,
15 And He leads me gently on through this world below;
16 He’s a real Friend to me, oh, I love Him so.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 30, 2020
Happy Monday,

”I Won't Be Long”

God has allowed this world to enter a phase, most of us, have never seen before. With no large crowds allowed, the world has grown to be a quieter place. A time for heart’s reflection on our past mistakes, errors, and sins. A time to sit at Jesus' feet and allow Him to search our hearts for any hidden sins. This is the perfect time to seek forgiveness and become in right standing with our Heavenly Father.

This is the time to seek to walk in the righteousness of God. A time to seek to walk in a way that is pleasing to God. To rejoice in the Godliness of God. To share in His peace and joy. It is our own fault if we do not know the heart of God. He poured out His heart in the Words of the Holy Bible. He poured out His life-giving blood at Calgary for the redemption of our souls. We will know God as well as we choose to know Him. We will walk in His presence to the extent that we choose to walk with Him. Today is the day of salvation. Today is when we choose how much we want to God and how close to we want to walk with Him.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 29, 2020
Blessed Sunday,

Praise, Pray, and Praise

“But giving thanks is a sacrifice that truly honors me. If you keep to my path, I will reveal to you the salvation of God.” - Psalm 50:23

We cannot ever praise God too much. Praising God should not be an act of service but a bubbling up of praise from our hearts to our Heavenly Father. An act of worship that not comes out of obligation but out of our love for God.

Our prayers should come from the heart and not a work assignment. Where we decide to praise God for two minutes, offer up our petitions, and then praise another two minutes. It is easy to get into this habit, I know. God wants our prayers to be heartfelt communication with Him.

The more we pray, the more our relationship develops so that prayer to God is simply us talking to our Heavenly Father. We can talk about everything. Believe it or not God does want to hear about our day. Talk to God about your frustrations and your heart's desire. God is interested in your life and your needs. We can share things with God that we would be embarrassed about with anyone else. There is nothing that you can say to God that will shock Him.
Betty

--------------------

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 29, 2020
Blessed Sunday,

Praise, Pray, and Praise

“But giving thanks is a sacrifice that truly honors me. If you keep to my path, I will reveal to you the salvation of God.” - Psalm 50:23

We cannot ever praise God too much. Praising God should not be an act of service but a bubbling up of praise from our hearts to our Heavenly Father. An act of worship that not comes out of obligation but out of our love for God.

Our prayers should come from the heart and not a work assignment. Where we decide to praise God for two minutes, offer up our petitions, and then praise another two minutes. It is easy to get into this habit, I know. God wants our prayers to be heartfelt communication with Him.

The more we pray, the more our relationship develops so that prayer to God is simply us talking to our Heavenly Father. We can talk about everything. Believe it or not God does want to hear about our day. Talk to God about your frustrations and your heart's desire. God is interested in your life and your needs. We can share things with God that we would be embarrassed about with anyone else. There is nothing that you can say to God that will shock Him.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 28, 2020
Happy Saturday,

”My Faith Looks Up To You”

In these days of uncertainty, where do we put our faith? Leaders of every Country are unsure what to do. Medical experts are unsure of the answer. The only safe place to put our trust is in God. God knows how. Could not this time be a wake-up call for Christians and none-Christians alike?

This is the time to decide who we will serve. The times show us we are on the verge of something big and that is the rapture when Jesus comes for His Own. It is time to lay aside doubts and choose Jesus. After the Rapture, the tribulation will begin. This will be a time of judgment on the world for rejecting Jesus. This is not a time we want to be on this earth.

It is the time to lay aside our pride and accept the fact that we need a Savior. Jesus died for our sins. He offers us redemption, but we must humble ourselves and accept His gift. Christians seek forgiveness of unrepentant sin and none Christians seek salvation while it can still be found. I cannot express strongly enough how important this is.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 27, 2020
Happy Friday,

”Settle Down, I Said”

Four little words, but as children, we knew there was going to be discipline behind those words if we did not obey. It was often hard to settle down as kids. It seems like our bodies and minds were wound up like a wind-up toy just waiting to jump.

This morning my brain is like that. Jumping from subject to subject and from song to song. I had to read my devotion three times to take it in. There are often times we have to pray for God to settle us down. We can be listening to a Pastor and our mind feels like a jumping bean. ”Did we lock the door? What do I need at the grocery store? etc.”

God does honor our request and help our minds settle on His Words. During this mandatory stay at home, time, we can feel like we are going stir crazy. When we begin to sing songs of praise as a prayer to God, we will begin to relax. God will give us peace of mind. We can rejoice in the presence of our Heavenly Father.
Betty

Representative Text
1 I've got peace like a river,
I've got peace like a river,
I've got peace like a river in my soul.
I've got peace like a river in my soul.
2 I've got love like a river,
I've got love like a river,
I've got love like a river in my soul.
I've got love like a river in my soul
3 I've got joy like a river,
I've got joy like a river,
I've got joy like a river in my soul.
I've got joy like a river in my soul.
Baptist Hymnal, 1991

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 25, 2020
Happy Wednesday,

Seek The Lord

Isaiah 55:6 King James Version (KJV)
6 Seek ye the Lord while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:

God tells us that we should seek Him, while He may be found. We cannot harden our hearts and minds to the call of God and then expect Him to hear our prayers. Having a healthy and close relationship with God is essential.

During this time of uncertainty, we should be talking to God more than once a day. When we do this God will encourage us and our faith will grow.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 24, 2020
Happy Tuesday,

Go Back To The Bible

What should we do when we feel lost? Go back to the Bible. The Bible is our spiritual lifeblood. When we feed on the Word of God, our Spiritual health improves. When we begin to believe the promises of God, our faith grows and our fears and doubts diminish.

In this time when many of us are stuck at home by law, we have many resources on which we can feed our souls. We can read the Bible online. There are many Christian devotions online. Just make sure the Devotions line up with what the Bible says. The Bible is the final authority.

Spend time praying for ourselves, our families, and friends. Pray for our Country and our President. Pray for sinners to accept salvation through the Precious Blood of Jesus.

Do not fear but keep our faith in God. He will never fail us. No matter what is happening in the world today, God is still in control. These days may be God’s ways of bringing souls to Himself before the rapture takes place.

May God fill your hearts with peace and calm your Spirits with His love.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 23, 2020
Happy Monday,

”Glorious Appearing ”

Titus 2:13 King James Version (KJV)
13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

In times like these, remembering the glorious appearing of our Lord and Savior brings encouragement and joy. It is good for us to remind ourselves that this time is temporary. With hearts filled with hope, we look forward to a perfect eternity with our Heavenly Father.

If we have humbled ourselves before God and accepting Jesus as our Lord and Savior, we can live in peace in this life, knowing God is watching over us. We need not fear death because our last breath will welcome us into our eternal reward.

When we love God with all our heart, our heart’s desire will to live sinless lives. We will want to live for God and in a way that is pleasing to God. Our heart’s desire will be to share the love of Christ with others.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 22, 2020
Blessed Sunday,

Live-streamed our Church Service and then our Daughter’s Church. Picked up groceries at store with curb-pick-up. Even in these days, we are blessed. I read about a lady who got saved and then filled with the Holy Spirit just from watching Church from her front yard. God is still working in these miraculous times.

God is still in control and He is still saving souls. Keep praying for your loved ones, because the door of salvation is still opened. This is not the time of give up. Jesus is coming back, soon! Our time of suffering will soon be over. Soon we will be singing praises to God as we walk those golden streets of Heaven.

May God bless you and your family and encourage each of you with His loving Kindness.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

1 Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine;
Oh, what a foretaste of glory divine!
Heir of salvation, purchase of God,
Born of His Spirit, washed in His blood.
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior all the day long.
This is my story, this is my song,
  Praising my Savior all the day long.
2 Perfect submission, perfect delight,
Visions of rapture now burst on my sight;
Angels descending, bring from above
Echoes of mercy, whispers of love.
3 Perfect submission, all is at rest,
I in my Savior am happy and blest;
Watching and waiting, looking above,
Filled with His goodness, lost in His love.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 21, 2020
Happy Saturday,

Times of Frustration

We are living in frustrating times. It is hard to get basic necessities. You have to go to store to store to get some of what you need. People are tired, frustrated, and cranky. It is easy to lose our temper and say things we should not say. We are so much better off if we do not allow hateful words to pass our lips.

We are so much better off if we pray before we leave the house. I cannot say I always remember to pray. Let us try to pray more, especially that we will allow God’s love to shine through us.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 20, 2020
Happy Friday,

Faith Over Fear

This is a subject that is being taught and preached on a lot at this time. Faith over fear is needed in these times. We must choose Faith over Fear. Simply, we must choose our reaction and not allow our reaction to determine our actions.

Fear causes us to react in anger or sometimes it prohibits us from taking much-needed action. Fear is a human reaction. Choosing Faith over Fear is a Godly action. We can choose to walk in faith. How do we walk in faith? We walk with God daily. When we walk in faith daily then our normal reaction is to trust God.

When our faith begins to weaken, we go to Hebrews 11 (the Faith Chapter).

Hebrews 11 King James Version (KJV)
11 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
2 For by it the elders obtained a good report.
3 Through faith, we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

Hebrews 11 tells us of the men and women throughout time, that we're sustained by their faith in God. Some died in their faith, not receiving their answer until after their death. Because of their faith, they found favor in God.
This assures us that we can continue to have faith that after we die that our prayers for our families will still be answered by God.

In the coming days of uncertainty, go to the Rock of our Salvation and lean on Him. He will increase our faith and gives us the courage to walk faithfully with God through this storm. ”His eye is on the Sparrow” and He is watching over us.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 19, 2020
Happy Thursday,

Courage

Psalm 27:14 King James Version (KJV)
14 Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord.

Courage is lived out in many, many, ways. Christopher Columbus traveling across the Oceans to find America. Soldiers leaving the safety of their homes to fight battles across the Ocean for the freedom of others. Missionaries who leave their homes to fly into dangerous Countries to share the Gospel of Christ. Individuals fighting cancer one day at a time.

Courage is often a journey, draining us physically and emotionally. There will be days of doubt and despair, but courageous people pick up their weapons and fight day after day. For those who choose to live their lives for Christ, their battles are not fought in vain. The journey will intel many ubattles. Some battles won and some lost, but the war will be won. Often the war is won in death. Death does not mean a Christian has lost the war. It often means they have won the war and God has called them to their award in Heaven.

God equips His soldiers for battle. He is with us from the beginning of the war until the end. Through the dark nights when we feel overwhelmed and outnumbered, God sends His Angels to minister unto us. They administer healing oils and encouragement so we can fight another day.

Many of us are in the midst of our final battle. We can rest under the wings of our Heavenly Father, knowing He will never forsake or leave us. We need not fear the days to come. God will be with us until we enter the Gates of Heaven.

All of us are facing uncertain times. Every Country struggling to stay ahead of the virus. This is the time for Nations to turn to God for Divine help. As individuals let us lay aside our pride and surrender ourselves to God.
Betty

Isaiah 41:6 King James Version (KJV)
6 They helped every one his neighbour; and every one said to his brother, Be of good courage.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 18, 2020
Happy Wednesday,

I did not sleep well last night because my head hurt so badly. Yet even in the pain, God gave me peace as I sang songs of praise to Him. Songs sang at a whisper, but God heard every word. In times of pain, physically or emotionally, God meets us where we are. Songs of praise from our hearts will reach the heart of God.

Troubles that the devil sends our way are no match for our Heavenly Father.
In the midst of sorrow and pain, God pours out His Holy Spirit over us and our wounds are healed. As we set a time to spend in prayers for others and we do pray for others we will be refreshed and with the help of God, we will be overcome.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 17, 2020
Tuesday,

Uncertainty

The panic and fear today is caused by uncertainty. Will I or my family get sick? How will we make it financially? How long with this virus last? Will there be a second stand? Will we have martial law? Far more questions than answers. Truth is no one knows but God.

We must not underestimate how important trusting God at this time. He is the only one with the answers. Trusting in God will be what sees us through this worldwide crisis. He has promised never to leave or forsake us. Take your concerns and fears to Jesus, in prayer, in these days.

This is a great time to be praying for lost loved ones. Pray that in their time of concerns and fears they will call out to God for salvation. God wants no one to perish without salvation through the precious blood of Christ.

John 14:6 New King James Version (NKJV)
6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

Betty

There can still be moments of diamonds of grace. Yesterday my daughter in law faced timed with me showing our granddaughter playing and trying to walk. This warmed my heart with joy.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 16, 2020
Happy Monday,

I am on the list that must be careful because of the COPD. I just ordered pick up for groceries. We are in a time that none of us have ever been through, before. This said we can trust God to protect us.

Psalm 37:25 King James Version (KJV)
25 I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread.

We can trust God to watch over us. God does not want His children to fear. It is during these times that we learn to trust in God. We can encourage one another in these days to trust in our Heavenly Father. God will give us peace to make it through the days ahead.

Psalm 4:8 King James Version (KJV)
8 I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, Lord, only makest me dwell in safety

Psalm 29:11 King James Version (KJV)
11 The Lord will give strength unto his people; the Lord will bless his people with peace.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 15, 2020
Blessed Sunday,

Old Account Was Settled

I head an old Gospel song this week that I had not thought of in many many years: The Old Account was Settled”. This song reminds us that we can be assured of our salvation. Salvation is not bought by our works. We do not have to live in fear that we have not done enough good works to enter Heaven. Our salvation is not purchased by our good works, but by accepting the Redemption of Jesus’ Blood He shed for us.

Surrendering ourselves to God is the key to Heaven. Self-pride can keep us out of Heaven. We must lay aside our pride in order to receive the gift of salvation. Humbling ourselves before God who loved us first is essential to receiving the gift of salvation and when we do this we can live in peace knowing our account is settled in Heaven.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 14, 2020
Happy Saturday,

A Ship Adrift

I am not a ship adrift in the Ocean, without a pilot. My God, My Savior, leadeth me through calm and stormy waters. I need not fear the waves that swirl around me for He that spoke the Universe in existence, speaks and the rushing waves still. Though the world around me boils with fear and uncertainty, Jesus calms my heart and mind. Jesus speaks and I am at peace.

The world is in panic mold over this virus. While the President calls a Day of Prayer for the Nation to come to seek guidance from God, for dealing with this virus, there are those who made fun of the Vice President for praying. Even while the world is panicking there are those who publically mock those who have faith in God and are not ashamed to pray.

Even in times of confusion and mass fear, there are those who will not let go of their pride and surrender to God. In their pride, they do not see that they have surrendered to the devil and his evil ways. They refuse the one who has the answers and embraced the one agenda is to drag mankind to hell with him.
Betty

Representative Text
1 He leadeth me: O blessed thought!
O words with heavenly comfort fraught!
Whate'er I do, where'er I be,
still 'tis God's hand that leadeth me.
Refrain:
He leadeth me, he leadeth me;
by his own hand he leadeth me:
his faithful follower I would be,
for by his hand he leadeth me.
2 Sometimes mid scenes of deepest gloom,
sometimes where Eden's flowers bloom,
by waters calm, o'er troubled sea,
still 'tis God's hand that leadeth me. Refrain
3 Lord, I would clasp thy hand in mine,
nor ever murmur nor repine;
content, whatever lot I see,
since 'tis my God that leadeth me. Refrain
4 And when my task on earth is done,
when, by thy grace, the victory's won,
e'en death's cold wave I will not flee,
since God through Jordan leadeth me. Refrain
Psalter Hymnal, (Gray)

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 13, 2020
Happy Friday,

The What-If Game

We went out to eat yesterday. When we went out to the car my car was covered in pollen. We got the car washed but the pollen on the car will be back.
We have troubles and issues every day. This is why God warned us about tomorrow’s troubles.

Matthew 6:34 King James Version (KJV)
34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

With this virus affecting our Country and most others, we can be tempted to spend hours playing the what-if game. What if the virus affects my job or my children's jobs? With the store's shelves empty of many products, what if I run out of my basic needs? What if I get sick or my family? We can work ourselves up to a panic.

God says for us to trust Him. Trust Him not just when everything is going perfect but through times like this when it seems the experts do not know the answers. It is easy to fret. My sister and son both went shopping yesterday. Costcos and Sams were out of the water, toilet paper and meat, and canned meat. This is happening because of fear. Panic causes fear and fear causes people to overstock and this causes a shortage.

It is the unknown that causes people to panic. If we are God’s children we know that God knows the future. We can be secure in God, knowing that He will take care of us.

1 John 4:18 King James Version (KJV)
18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

Trust God. Stay informed and pray for one another. Look for your diamonds of grace.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/actually-stocking-prepared-coronavirus-outbreak-143700025.html

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 12, 2020
Happy Thursday,

Times of Turmoil

The stock market is falling. You can not find toilet paper or hand sanitizer at stores. Many people are fearful. What should we do? We keep our faith secure in God. God has not fled and hidden nor is He afraid. In the midst of so many questions and concerns, we can rest securely in the arms of God. Knowing, whatever happens, God is still in control and He will not forsake us.

We pray for sinners to turn to Jesus for salvation. We pray for God to watch over us and our families and friends. We encourage our brothers and sisters in Christ. We look for opportunities to share Jesus with others. We pray for our President who is under so much pressure from many sides. Most of all we pray for the Will of God to be accomplished.

2 Corinthians 12:10 New King James Version (NKJV)
10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Betty

’Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus | Louisa M. R. Stead
Trust
Report Error |   <<   |   >>
’Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus
Louisa M. R. Stead, 1882

Subjects: Trust, Experience
Scripture: Proverbs 30:5
Trust in Jesus [.xml]
William J. Kirkpatrick, 1882

Key: A♭
Meter: 8.7.8.7 D
) 1 ’Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus,
2 Just to take Him at His Word;
3 Just to rest upon His promise,
4 And to know, “Thus saith the Lord!”
◦ Refrain:
◦ Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him!
◦ How I’ve proved Him o’er and o’er;
◦ Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus!
◦ Oh, for grace to trust Him more!
5 Oh, how sweet to trust in Jesus,
6 Just to trust His cleansing blood;
7 And in simple faith to plunge me
8 ’Neath the healing, cleansing flood!
9 Yes, ’tis sweet to trust in Jesus,
10 Just from sin and self to cease;
11 Just from Jesus simply taking
12 Life and rest, and joy and peace.
13 I’m so glad I learned to trust Thee,
14 Precious Jesus, Savior, Friend;
15 And I know that Thou art with me,
16 Wilt be with me to the end.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 11, 2020
Happy Wednesday,

The Media Runs on Fear

Headlines that prompt fear get more notice. Television news likes to say only on channel 3 will you hear this. Another common promotion is ”you might have this item in your home that is killing you and your family”. This has caused a run on toilet paper and hand soap. We do not need to purchase 60 rolls of toilet paper and 25 bottles of hand sanitizers.

What we need is common sense. When you go shopping take a small bottle of hand sanitizer and wipe off the grocery cart. Wash your hands regularly and stay home if you are sick. Us elderly people need to take more precautions, but trust God and do not panic. Common sense over fear.

As Christians, we should trust that God will take care of us. This new flu has not taken God off guard. God knows the future and is always prepared. The more we put our trust in God the less fear we will have. Whatever happens, God is in control.
Betty

Isaiah 41:10 King James Version (KJV)
10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

Psalm 91:4 King James Version (KJV)
4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 9, 2020
Happy Monday

”Someone to Watch Over Me”

In 1926 George Gershwin wrote,” Somone to Watch Over Me”. It was originally written as a fast dance toon. One day George sat down at the piano and played it with a slow best. It was almost like a prayer. The desire of human beings to feel like someone is watching over us is engraved in our DNA.

When God made us, His intentions were to watch over us. To keep His protected hand over us. Soon we rejected His protection choosing to go out on our own. In rebellion, mankind rejects the protection of God. Sure we would like to be protected but we do not want God telling us what to do.

Just as children can be rebellious and get in trouble so can God’s children. It takes discipline to bring rebellious children back in line. It also takes discipline to bring God’s children back in line. We don't like it any more than kids do. A little discipline keeps children from getting into deeper trouble. A little discipline from God keeps us from wandering too far.

God wants to watch over us and protect us. If we abandon the laws of God and choose to live in sin, we will separate ourselves from God’s protection. The Holy Spirit will call us back but we must make the choice to return to the fold. If we choose to live in sin, we will face the consequences of our decision.
Betty

Psalm 121:5-8 New International Version (NIV)

The Lord watches over you—
    the Lord is your shade at your right hand;

the sun will not harm you by day,
    nor the moon by night.

The Lord will keep you from all harm—
    he will watch over your life;

the Lord will watch over your coming and going
    both now and forevermore.

This promise is to God’s children and not to sinners.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 8, 2020
Blessed Sunday,

Grateful Heart

"Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise! Give thanks to him; bless his name! For the Lord is good; his steadfast love endures forever, and his faithfulness to all generations.” Ps. 100:4-5

Are God’s Children grateful? Does praise to God fall off our lips as easily as complaints? Do we praise God out of love or habit? Each of us could say no to either one of the questions at different times of our lives. We are not always grateful. There are times that we are hard-headed and just plain unappreciative of what God has done and what He is doing in our lives.

Gratefulness is a choice. We must choose to be grateful. We must choose to be appreciative. We must choose to be thankful. We must not choose to have these attitudes so that people and God will do more for us. We choose these attitudes out of loving and appreciative heart.

We must choose to have an attitude of appreciation, then we are more pleasant to be around. No one wants to be around someone who is always complaining. Being around bitter and angry people is exhausting. It takes the fresh air right out of the surrounding area. God helps us to be appreciative, kind, and pleasant people.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 7, 2020
Happy Saturday,

Still Hanging On

Hubby and I are still sick with the regular flu. Both of us laying in bed resting. This got me thinking of how often we feel like we are barely hanging on to our faith in God. We forget that God is holding on to us. We may choose to jump out of His arms, but there is no way He will drop us. Our faith can be secure when we remind ourselves of the greatness of God.

It is true that our hope can fade because of life’s struggles. This happens when our focus is on our problems and not on God. Remember the old Hymn ”Turn Your Eyes On Jesus” It is true when we keep our eyes on Jesus and not our struggles, we will find our faith not slipping away.

We all deal with different things. Physical illnesses seems to be the hardest, to deal with. We face the issues with the physical disease when we wake up, through the day and we go to bed. It is an unwelcome companion. We must remind ourselves this is temporary, even if there is no cure. We will one day receive our perfect body and mind.

Still, hanging on? No! We are pressing onward with our faith secured in Jesus Christ. Our hope is not in the medical field, but in our future with God in Heaven.
Betty

P.S. Philippians 3:14 New King James Version (NKJV)
14 I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 6, 2020
Happy Thursday,

Is My Life Christ-Centered?

This is a question that if we ask ourselves, regularly we would get different answers. Some days we are Christ-Centered, other days we are off-kilter.
Life’s joys and problems can cause us to be focused on something else besides Christ. When this happens we have to double back and change our focus.

The important thing is the pattern of our lives. Are we living for Christ? Are we living in a way that is pleasing to God? We cannot do either if we do not know God well. We learn what is important to God by reading His Holy Word and listening to the Holy Spirit, which lives in every Christian.

We must also have a desire to please God. Any of us can get caught up in pleasing ourselves. It takes an effort to choose to make pleasing God our priority. This doesn't mean we never do anything to please ourselves. The closer we walk to God, the more likely what pleases us will not be contrary to the will of God.

1 Thessalonians 4:1 New King James Version (NKJV)
Plea for Purity
4 Finally then, brethren, we urge and exhort in the Lord Jesus that you should abound more and more, just as you received from us how you ought to walk and to please God;

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 5, 2020
Happy Thursday,

Finding God’s Will

Finding God’s Will for our lives is often a journey. Raising my children was God’s Will for me. I loved taking care of my children. Taking them to Church and other Church events. Reading the Bible to them while they ate breakfast before School. Shaping their lives through God’s Will helped shaped my life.

Through the years, many changes came. Some changes were good and some devastating but, God brought us through them all. God’s Will for us changes over time. Raising children doesn't last your whole life. They grow up and move out and have families of their own.

As circumstances change, often God will lead you through new doors. He will carry you through new challenges, where you will be called to different work. We worked five years for a ministry that offered food and clothing for the elderly, those who were in financial need, and the homeless. This helped us to learn that the reason for homelessness is not always the same. We were given opportunities to pray for strangers.

While God does not tell you in an advance the many job hats you will wear, He will equip you to accomplish the work He has for you to do. Our job is to be willing to step in where God puts us and do the work. We must accept the many changes that come in life, knowing His Will for us, is the best. When we are willing to obey God, we can grow spiritually and be a blessing to others.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 4, 22020
Happy Wednesday,

Still awake at 6:30 a.m. Yet, I had some nuggets of diamonds, as God brought to my memory Hymns I have not thought of in many years. My life has changed so much in the last six months. It is a journey of distress and confusion and yet I can still feel the presence of God.

I want to be what God wants me to be, but I fear that is impossible in my condition and yet I feel at peace as I submit myself to God. God made Adam out of dirt, surely He can give me the words to say that will be useful to His Kingdom.
God caused a donkey to speak, surely He can speak through me even as this disease overtakes my mind.

My friend whatever you are going through God can meet your needs. When we humble ourselves to God and heed His commands He will guide us in His truths, through every challenge we face.

Sadly, I read of Pastors and teachers who have abandoned the truth of the Gospel, in order to attract crowds. It is better to have a small Church where the truth of the Gospel is preached than to mislead thousands. We are so close to the end of the Church age, let us pray that we stay true to the Gospel and speak the truth in love.

God has not changed His mind on sin. We cannot choose to live a lifestyle of sin and have a relationship with God. When we do sin, repent and turn away from that sin.

Proverbs 26:11 King James Version (KJV)
11 As a dog returneth to his vomit, so a fool returneth to his folly.

Pray that we will live that is pleasing to God. That we would run from sin and go back to the precepts of God’s Holy Word.
Betty

Going to try to sleep, now.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 3, 2020
Happy Tuesday,

Tuesday’s Thoughts

Hubby and I are both sick. Not sure if it is a cold or the flu, but we are miserable. The head congestion, sour throat, and chest congestion. Sleep was out of the question for both of us last night. I prayed to be able to sleep but was still awake at 6 this morning. With my sleep pattern changed in my brain, this has been a pattern for a couple of months now.

There are a lot of things out of our control. We can control ourselves. With the help of God, we can choose to control our attitude. When we feel out of sorts and cranky we can choose to pray for others. It is amazing how our attitude changes when we begin to pray for others. We cannot change the evil in this world, but we can pray for those caught up in the devil’s snares.

It is easy for us conservative American Christians to become very angry at how the Democrats have lead this Country a stray, by legalizing sin. We must remember behind the faces are souls that are lost. Sadly, many consider themselves Christians, and yet they have sold their souls to the devil for political power. This should grieve us. We should be praying for them.

It is easy to say they are going to get what they have coming to them when they go to hell. Been there, myself, but do I deserve to go to Heaven? Not on my own righteousness, will I enter the gates of Heaven. May God help us to see the finality of hell and help us to grieve for the lost souls who are headed there.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 2, 2020
Happy Monday,

We have been pushing God out of America for a long time. I was thinking about when I was in elementary and our class did a little Christmas play. The teacher had students play out the Nativity Scene. We were given the words to the Christmas songs and we sang them together.

Even in the 70’s and 80’s we had variety shows at Christmas time on TV where stars sang Christmas Hymns. I do not remember when the last time there was a show on around Christmas where stars sang Christmas Hymns on TV. Whenever a TV show has anything to mention God anymore, it is to portray God in a negative light or to use His Name as a swear word.

The world feels that they no longer need God. That humans have reached a place of superior intelligence and do not need God anymore. Evil abounds and gets worse every year. It seems every week a child or young person goes missing only to be found dead after being abused and murdered. Yet, the world still thinks that we have become more enlightened.

The world does not see that we have not become enlightened but blinded by satan’s lies. Accepting his evil as normal. Giving names that sound good to evil things like pro-choice. While on the other hand pro-life people are considered as people who seek to take away women’s rights.

Christians need to wake up to the truth that we are living in the last days. What we are going to do for Christ, we must do now. We must share the Good News of the Gospel while we still have time.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 1, 2020
Blessed Sunday,

Mercy Drops

As I laid awake most of the night, I would think of a line from an old Hymn and then lose the rest of the song. My daughter-in-law ordered me a puzzle made especially for Alzheimer's patients. Working with it relaxes me and I think it helps so I ordered me another one-off Amazon that is coming today.

My brain last night seems to be working like puzzle pieces. One thought jumping to another thought to another. Like puzzle pieces. I thought of the old Hymn ”Showers of Blessings” I like the song but the song seems to downplay Mercy Drops, asking for Showers of Blessings instead.

Don't get me wrong, we all need showers of blessings to grow spiritually, but it is the mercy drops that keep us going through the drought periods of our lives. It is those diamonds of grace that I often write about that brighten our days and warm us on the cold nights.

Remember we are not alone in our suffering. Most Christians are suffering from the tares of the devil and life’s challenges. Yet, contrary to the lies of the devil, we have not been forsaken. As sleep evaded me, I could still feel the presence of God. Even in the dark of the night when we are tempted to allow our faith in God to waver, God whispers softly to us:”Child, I am here, with you”.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 29, 2020
Happy Saturday,

The Rock That Is Higher

Psalm 61:1-3 King James Version (KJV)
61 Hear my cry, O God; attend unto my prayer.
2 From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
3 For thou hast been a shelter for me, and a strong tower from the enemy.

Life can be overwhelming. Little things and bigger things can bring distress in our lives. Yet, God’s children are never without hope. We must remember that we have a strong tower that we can lean on. God will cover us with His wings like a bird covers her chicks.

We must listen to God through prayer and reading His Holy Word so that we can recognize His voice. There are many voices calling us today. If we do not know the voice of God well enough, we can be lead astray. It just takes that first step that leads to another and another. Then we find ourselves further than we ever intended to be.

The devil sweetness sin for a time, but then he forsaken us. The party animal with many friends is left all alone when he is passed out in an alley. The drug addict that has lost everything, had never meant to end up there. Even the sweetest tasting sin leads to destruction.

The Christian life may not always be the life of Riley, but God will never abandon us. He is with us through the valleys and on the mountain tops. We can trust God to never abandon us not forsake. Let us choose to listen to ”The Voice of Truth”.
Betty

Casting Crowns - Voice of Truth Lyrics
Artist: Casting Crowns
Album: Live From Atlanta
Heyo! SONGLYRICS just got interactive. Highlight. Review: RIFF-it.
RIFF-it good.

Play "Voice of Truth"
on Amazon Music Unlimited (ad)
Oh what I would do to have
The kind of faith it takes
To climb out of this boat I'm in

Onto the crashing waves
To step out of my comfort zone
Into the realm of the unknown where Jesus is

And He's holding out His hand
But the waves are calling out my name
And they laugh at me
Reminding me of all the times
I've tried before and failed

The waves they keep on telling me
Time and time again. "Boy, you'll never win!"
"You'll never win!"
But the Voice of Truth tells me a different story
The Voice of Truth says, "Do not be afraid!"
And the Voice of Truth says, "This is for My glory"

Out of all the voices calling out to me
I will choose to listen and believe the Voice of Truth
Oh what I would do to have
The kind of strength it takes
to stand before a giant
With just a sling and a stone

Surrounded by the sound of a thousand warriors
Shaking in their armor
Wishing they'd have had the strength to stand
But the giant's calling out my name
And he laughs at me

Reminding me of all the times
I've tried before and failed
The giant keeps on telling me
Time and time again. "Boy you'll never win!"
"You'll never win!"

Out of all the voices calling out to me
But the stone was just the right size
To put the giant on the ground
And the waves they don't seem so high

On top of them lookin' down
I will soar with the wings of eagles
When I stop and listen to the sound of Jesus
Singing over me
Out of all the voices calling out to me (calling out to me)
I will choose to listen and believe-
I will listen and believe
I will listen and believe the Voice of truth
I will listen and believe
Cause Jesus you are the voice of truth
And I will listen to you, you are-

--------------------

This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  ...  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement